Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 134

Thread: discojoe's type

  1. #1
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default discojoe's type

    He is very insightful.

    Let's discuss his type.
    asd

  2. #2
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ti dominance is quite likely given everything he said/says/will say.

    Judging only by his pic, and by not knowing him, i would have been set on estp-se, although this opinion isn't sustainable by his posting style.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  3. #3
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It seems like Joy said at one point that he thinks he's most likely INTp? But she thinks he's ISFj. I guess I'll go with INTp between those two. But who knows.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  4. #4
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    When he was a teenager or at work he acted ESFp, from the way it's been described to me. When he's depressed he acts INTp. Overall ISFj makes the most sense. His mother agreed, based on 2 different sets of type descriptions. Ti makes no sense in his ego block (not because his Ti is particularly shitty, but because his Fi is particularly strong).

    But at the end of the day, Peter is Peter. I don't give a shit what type he is.

  5. #5
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I don't give a shit what type he is.
    I'll second that.

  6. #6
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ISFj makes sense, I guess. But I think I have plenty of and , and I enjoy humor a lot -- probably more than a lot of types. The problem is I think I'm kind weird and use functions well that I'm not supposed to be using.

  8. #8
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    and use functions well that I'm not supposed to be using.

    Yeah, but it isn't weird, its cool.


    One of the things I admire, so I try to it to an extent





    p.s. *doesn't know his type* Benefactor fits though...=/
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i have absolutely no idea what type he is. in many ways he seems a socionical oddity, and i am led to believe that he probably behaves very differently IRL than on this forum.

  10. #10
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Only a person that has a thought process identical to my own could've written this. I say either a beta or ILI.

  11. #11
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Only a person that has a thought process identical to my own could've written this. I say either a beta or ILI.

    hah, that was a fun flash back
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  12. #12
    le petit prince raisonpure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Inadequate Se. If he ordered me to clean the house, I would happily brush him off. Lacks authoritative presence.
    Definitely not ESTp. He can't see him as my dual at all.
    Not ISFj. Does not appeal to my conscience. Does not inspire awe. General behaviour does not provide an honourable example.
    Have not heard accounts from him that point to his being a Victim, let alone an INTp. I have yet to see him write in Ni fashion -- which tends to stand out very easily, especially when the imagery comes from those with strong, accepting Ni.

    Alpha NT has been my impression. I'm rather interested in what Clover's interactions with him are like. I myself enter Standby mode when interacting with ISFjs -- constantly alert in the anticipation of their next request, and all too happy to oblige. It's hard not to unquestioningly adhere to their every wish. I'm also very conscientious around them. It's almost like supervision in that I feel the pressure to be well behaved and responsible in order to win their favour.
    的 think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Inadequate Se. If he ordered me to clean the house, I would happily brush him off. Lacks authoritative presence.
    Definitely not ESTp. He can't see him as my dual at all.
    Not ISFj. Does not appeal to my conscience. Does not inspire awe. General behaviour does not provide an honourable example.
    Have not heard accounts from him that point to his being a Victim, let alone an INTp. I have yet to see him write in Ni fashion -- which tends to stand out very easily, especially when the imagery comes from those with strong, accepting Ni.

    Alpha NT has been my impression. I'm rather interested in what Clover's interactions with him are like. I myself enter Standby mode when interacting with ISFjs -- constantly alert in the anticipation of their next request, and all too happy to oblige. It's hard not to unquestioningly adhere to their every wish. I'm also very conscientious around them. It's almost like supervision in that I feel the pressure to be well behaved and responsible in order to win their favour.
    Who are you describing again? One thing I do have is authoritative presence.

  14. #14
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    I myself enter Standby mode when interacting with ISFjs -- constantly alert in the anticipation of their next request, and all too happy to oblige. It's hard not to unquestioningly adhere to their every wish. I'm also very conscientious around them. It's almost like supervision in that I feel the pressure to be well behaved and responsible in order to win their favour.
    i don't know if this can be linked to types or not, but generally i feel like this around them as well. it's could be nearly gross kissassery to a bystander, i'd think.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    When he was a teenager or at work he acted ESFp, from the way it's been described to me. When he's depressed he acts INTp. Overall ISFj makes the most sense. His mother agreed, based on 2 different sets of type descriptions. Ti makes no sense in his ego block (not because his Ti is particularly shitty, but because his Fi is particularly strong).

    But at the end of the day, Peter is Peter. I don't give a shit what type he is.
    What type is his parents?

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    When he was a teenager or at work he acted ESFp, from the way it's been described to me. When he's depressed he acts INTp. Overall ISFj makes the most sense. His mother agreed, based on 2 different sets of type descriptions. Ti makes no sense in his ego block (not because his Ti is particularly shitty, but because his Fi is particularly strong).

    But at the end of the day, Peter is Peter. I don't give a shit what type he is.
    What type is his parents?
    ESFj and ISTp, I guess.

  17. #17
    le petit prince raisonpure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Inadequate Se. If he ordered me to clean the house, I would happily brush him off. Lacks authoritative presence.
    Definitely not ESTp. He can't see him as my dual at all.
    Not ISFj. Does not appeal to my conscience. Does not inspire awe. General behaviour does not provide an honourable example.
    Have not heard accounts from him that point to his being a Victim, let alone an INTp. I have yet to see him write in Ni fashion -- which tends to stand out very easily, especially when the imagery comes from those with strong, accepting Ni.

    Alpha NT has been my impression. I'm rather interested in what Clover's interactions with him are like. I myself enter Standby mode when interacting with ISFjs -- constantly alert in the anticipation of their next request, and all too happy to oblige. It's hard not to unquestioningly adhere to their every wish. I'm also very conscientious around them. It's almost like supervision in that I feel the pressure to be well behaved and responsible in order to win their favour.
    Who are you describing again? One thing I do have is authoritative presence.
    Try to issue me with an order, then. If you have sufficient authoritative presence to urge me into submission like Diana can, and turn me into the epitome of productivity in only a week, then I will retract the insult to your manliness. But if you fail to budge me into compliance like my ESFp friend can even over the internet, then my opinion stands.

    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i don't know if this can be linked to types or not, but generally i feel like this around them as well. it's could be nearly gross kissassery to a bystander, i'd think.
    "gross kissassery"

    I felt the same tension the first time I met my mother's ISTj boyfriend, except I didn't feel the pang to my conscience. One can feel that he was not one to be trifled with just from looking at his photos. My mother showed one to an ESFp and she agreed, saying "Yes, he has a strong presence. He exudes great force."

    So I think it can be linked to the impact that Se types can have on others, especially Ni types.
    的 think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Try to issue me with an order, then. If you have sufficient authoritative presence to urge me into submission like Diana can, and turn me into the epitome of productivity in only a week, then I will retract the insult to your manliness. But if you fail to budge me into compliance like my ESFp friend can even over the internet, then my opinion stands.
    This is a good example of no and pretend .

  19. #19
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    When he was a teenager or at work he acted ESFp, from the way it's been described to me. When he's depressed he acts INTp. Overall ISFj makes the most sense. His mother agreed, based on 2 different sets of type descriptions. Ti makes no sense in his ego block (not because his Ti is particularly shitty, but because his Fi is particularly strong).

    But at the end of the day, Peter is Peter. I don't give a shit what type he is.
    What type is his parents?
    ISTp and... ENFp is my best guess. ESFj doesn't make sense to me. But that's just my opinion.

  20. #20
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Inadequate Se. If he ordered me to clean the house, I would happily brush him off. Lacks authoritative presence.
    Definitely not ESTp. He can't see him as my dual at all.
    Not ISFj. Does not appeal to my conscience. Does not inspire awe. General behaviour does not provide an honourable example.
    Have not heard accounts from him that point to his being a Victim, let alone an INTp. I have yet to see him write in Ni fashion -- which tends to stand out very easily, especially when the imagery comes from those with strong, accepting Ni.

    Alpha NT has been my impression. I'm rather interested in what Clover's interactions with him are like. I myself enter Standby mode when interacting with ISFjs -- constantly alert in the anticipation of their next request, and all too happy to oblige. It's hard not to unquestioningly adhere to their every wish. I'm also very conscientious around them. It's almost like supervision in that I feel the pressure to be well behaved and responsible in order to win their favour.
    Who are you describing again? One thing I do have is authoritative presence.
    Try to issue me with an order, then. If you have sufficient authoritative presence to urge me into submission like Diana can, and turn me into the epitome of productivity in only a week, then I will retract the insult to your manliness. But if you fail to budge me into compliance like my ESFp friend can even over the internet, then my opinion stands.

    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i don't know if this can be linked to types or not, but generally i feel like this around them as well. it's could be nearly gross kissassery to a bystander, i'd think.
    "gross kissassery"

    I felt the same tension the first time I met my mother's ISTj boyfriend, except I didn't feel the pang to my conscience. One can feel that he was not one to be trifled with just from looking at his photos. My mother showed one to an ESFp and she agreed, saying "Yes, he has a strong presence. He exudes great force."

    So I think it can be linked to the impact that Se types can have on others, especially Ni types.

  21. #21
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    raisonpure, I was unaware that you are so well acquainted with discojoe. I was under the impression that you haven't seen any more of him than the occasional joke post he makes here.

  22. #22
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i don't know if this can be linked to types or not, but generally i feel like this around them as well. it's could be nearly gross kissassery to a bystander, i'd think.
    "gross kissassery"

    I felt the same tension the first time I met my mother's ISTj boyfriend, except I didn't feel the pang to my conscience. One can feel that he was not one to be trifled with just from looking at his photos. My mother showed one to an ESFp and she agreed, saying "Yes, he has a strong presence. He exudes great force."

    So I think it can be linked to the impact that Se types can have on others, especially Ni types.
    i'm really curious as to how this impacts your teaching, too (since we're in the same field, basically.) it's awful when you're supposed to be the commander of a situation and you wind up inadvertently being the commandee. this is where i start resorting to busywork and trying to get people to compete with me or top me in a non-aggressive way (like, "see if you can do what i just did but do it way better than i just did.")

    i see what you mean. it has to be the general presence thing.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  23. #23
    le petit prince raisonpure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Try to issue me with an order, then. If you have sufficient authoritative presence to urge me into submission like Diana can, and turn me into the epitome of productivity in only a week, then I will retract the insult to your manliness. But if you fail to budge me into compliance like my ESFp friend can even over the internet, then my opinion stands.
    This is a good example of no and pretend .
    That was an example of a test for distinguishing pretend from the real thing. Which you failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    raisonpure, I was unaware that you are so well acquainted with discojoe. I was under the impression that you haven't seen any more of him than the occasional joke post he makes here.
    Long acquaintance isn't necessary for me to determine a person's potential and what it entails. A single glance at my ESTj teacher was enough for me to expect that we were headed for a lot of trouble. And the minor disagreements that we had before we met eventually escalated into full blown conflict as they reared themselves over and over again. A person's soul is akin to music: you don't need to memorize the whole piece, you only need to pay close attention to the first segments to get a good feel for where it's going. The more you listen, the better you can feel when a segment is going to repeat itself. By eliminating obstacles before they even spring into view, you can achieve perfection. You become better prepared for the future; you gain control over the course of events as uncertainty dissolves. I thought that's what was about? :wink:
    的 think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

  24. #24
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Did you ever think that it's possible that you didn't get along with the ESTj teacher simply because you decided that you wouldn't before even interacting with him?

    As far as Peter is concerned, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about... which is fine, since there's no way you could... but your attempts at pretending to "understand his soul" (or whatever it is you're claiming) when you've seen nothing more of him than a few jokes in a written form of communication? Um... nice try?

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Try to issue me with an order, then. If you have sufficient authoritative presence to urge me into submission like Diana can, and turn me into the epitome of productivity in only a week, then I will retract the insult to your manliness. But if you fail to budge me into compliance like my ESFp friend can even over the internet, then my opinion stands.
    This is a good example of no and pretend .
    That was an example of a test for distinguishing pretend from the real thing. Which you failed.
    I'll leave it to you to reason out why "failing" this "test" makes no sense conceptually.

    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Long acquaintance isn't necessary for me to determine a person's potential and what it entails. A single glance at my ESTj teacher was enough for me to expect that we were headed for a lot of trouble. And the minor disagreements that we had before we met eventually escalated into full blown conflict as they reared themselves over and over again. A person's soul is akin to music: you don't need to memorize the whole piece, you only need to pay close attention to the first segments to get a good feel for where it's going. The more you listen, the better you can feel when a segment is going to repeat itself. By eliminating obstacles before they even spring into view, you can achieve perfection. You become better prepared for the future; you gain control over the course of events as uncertainty dissolves. I thought that's what was about? :wink:
    I'll stifle the urge to laugh in your face for posting this kind of drivel. Not that it's not true that you can intuitively understand people, but because this was obviously your trump card, and it reveals your inadequacies. Not only is making this kind of a statement ill conducive to a discussion, (it serves primarily as a stonewall, as its foundation is mysticism and cannot be argued against using any rational variables) but it reveals a lack of factual comprehension. Having a mystical, intuitive primary understanding of humans only occurs when you can't arrange and rationalize said human behavior. INFps have shitty and resort to this mystical trump card when they are called on their lack of logical consistency. In essence, you are making up your own science and situating it in the realm of spirituality, knowing that we cannot argue against it (to argue there has to be terms, which mysticism does not have). The only possible response is a resonating yawn.

  26. #26
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,625
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Damn. Sure you're not ISTj?

  27. #27
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ISTjs are merry and positivists and have ENFj for a dual.... ISTj is very unlikely for him.

  28. #28
    le petit prince raisonpure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    I'll leave it to you to reason out why "failing" this "test" makes no sense conceptually.
    If you were more acquainted with the interactions between Aggressors and Victims, shouldn't you be in a better position to explain the construction of the test? If you had sufficient experience, shouldn't you be able to see through the test for what it is and argue against it for making no experiential sense?
    Not only is making this kind of a statement ill conducive to a discussion, (it serves primarily as a stonewall, ) but it reveals a lack of factual comprehension.
    Is it ill conducive to a discussion? On the contrary, it was an invitation for Ni types to further understanding of Ni by revising the image and sharing their experiences. It was also a test for Se. Since Se types theoretically respond favourably to Ni, and have in my experience taken up to such "mysticism", your reaction would suggest that you reject Ni rather than value it.
    INFps have shitty and resort to this mystical trump card when they are called on their lack of logical consistency. In essence, you are making up your own science and situating it in the realm of spirituality, knowing that we cannot argue against it (to argue there has to be terms, which mysticism does not have). The only possible response is a resonating yawn.
    as its foundation is mysticism and cannot be argued against using any rational variables
    INFps are not the only types that are accused of mysticism, however. I know of someone who has been derided because his thought processes were "overly mystical", and he is ENTj. Consider retracting your unfair association of "lack of logical consistency" with INFps and their "shitty ". Not once have I been criticized by a Te type for logical inconsistency, and I actually appreciate ESFj teacher for this. If you took the time to peruse the profiles, you would know that this is attributed to Ti PoLR and not Te PoLR, and is something that ENFps are criticized for:
    Intuitively understanding the sense of many logical concepts and categories, Huxley frequently has about them sufficiently surface idea. Therefore sometimes is placed itself in the awkward position, voicing clearly absurd things by the most bezappelyatsionnym tone.

    Huxley is very inconsistent in his behavior and reasonings.

    Difficulty in the explanation of any elementary concepts frequently is experienced.

    Of no illogicality in the behavior of Huxley Of gaben it observes - it sees only thin and beautiful ethical game.
    In any case, thank you for helping me confirm that I have Ti PoLR. I have not felt this sick in years, but the sight of you using Ti as a tool was absolutely worth it. Now that my investigation is over, we should agree to part on friendly terms.
    的 think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

  29. #29
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You seem to really like to think of yourself as interesting.

  30. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    yawn.

  31. #31
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am becoming sure that he is a static type. Which cuts out Si and Ni types and leaves Se and Ne types.

    He could well be ISFj because he kind of looks like one to me. I can see how Alpha NT makes a lot of sense too. Ni types don't seem that probable to me anymore and Si types...well I guess not.

    Expat connects playing competitive games to Alpha. Dj seems to be totally hooked in gaming. It seems that so far this is the area where I have most in common with him. I would say ENTp or INTj are perhaps most probable but I can't really argue against his ISFjness because I don't know him really at all. ISTj is the "black horse" but I'm starting to see INTj more likely than ISTj.

  32. #32
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Whats up with you raison? You're being so....aggressive....in a weird way...O.o


    Also, that test really wasn't a test, it was kinda of retarded, and I anticipated Peter's response (yay for me lol)

    Not tryin' to be mean, just honest. I'm slightly confused at your aggression.


    I think I anticipated it because I used to try to "pull" that sort of thing on him...I don't know how to explain that heh.



    I'm rather interested in what Clover's interactions with him are like.

    good luck
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  33. #33
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    I am becoming sure that he is a static type. Which cuts out Si and Ni types and leaves Se and Ne types.

    He could well be ISFj because he kind of looks like one to me. I can see how Alpha NT makes a lot of sense too. Ni types don't seem that probable to me anymore and Si types...well I guess not.

    Expat connects playing competitive games to Alpha. Dj seems to be totally hooked in gaming. It seems that so far this is the area where I have most in common with him. I would say ENTp or INTj are perhaps most probable but I can't really argue against his ISFjness because I don't know him really at all. ISTj is the "black horse" but I'm starting to see INTj more likely than ISTj.

    ISTj/ISFj>ENTp>INTj....

    hooked in gaming, as in video games?








    heath just made this thread so he could have a thread with a million pages (jk btw)
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  34. #34
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clover
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    I am becoming sure that he is a static type. Which cuts out Si and Ni types and leaves Se and Ne types.

    He could well be ISFj because he kind of looks like one to me. I can see how Alpha NT makes a lot of sense too. Ni types don't seem that probable to me anymore and Si types...well I guess not.

    Expat connects playing competitive games to Alpha. Dj seems to be totally hooked in gaming. It seems that so far this is the area where I have most in common with him. I would say ENTp or INTj are perhaps most probable but I can't really argue against his ISFjness because I don't know him really at all. ISTj is the "black horse" but I'm starting to see INTj more likely than ISTj.

    ISTj/ISFj>ENTp>INTj....

    hooked in gaming, as in video games?
    Yes. Video games not e.g. gambling. Alphas, I guess, are more interested about competing against others and having fun than making money from that. Thus some competitive multi-player video game seems like a perfect match. Level of competition is really high but in the end nothing is "real" as there are no real lives or real money involved. You can do intensive battles "like it was real" but in the end it is just fun. ESTps do that same stuff in real life where real lives and real money are involved, lol.

  35. #35
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Try to issue me with an order, then. If you have sufficient authoritative presence to urge me into submission like Diana can, and turn me into the epitome of productivity in only a week, then I will retract the insult to your manliness. But if you fail to budge me into compliance like my ESFp friend can even over the internet, then my opinion stands.
    This is a good example of no and pretend .
    That was an example of a test for distinguishing pretend from the real thing. Which you failed.
    I'll leave it to you to reason out why "failing" this "test" makes no sense conceptually.

    [/size]
    Makes perfect sense. A nonfailure would have been a reply which made her shutup.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  36. #36
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    ESTps do that same stuff in real life where real lives and real money are involved, lol.
    Oh please. I'd bet that if we were to administer a test to all the UT players, a rough 50 would come out estp.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  37. #37
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Long acquaintance isn't necessary for me to determine a person's potential and what it entails. A single glance at my ESTj teacher was enough for me to expect that we were headed for a lot of trouble. And the minor disagreements that we had before we met eventually escalated into full blown conflict as they reared themselves over and over again. A person's soul is akin to music: you don't need to memorize the whole piece, you only need to pay close attention to the first segments to get a good feel for where it's going. The more you listen, the better you can feel when a segment is going to repeat itself. By eliminating obstacles before they even spring into view, you can achieve perfection. You become better prepared for the future; you gain control over the course of events as uncertainty dissolves. I thought that's what was about? :wink:
    I'll stifle the urge to laugh in your face for posting this kind of drivel. [s:13faf93af6]Not that it's not true that you can intuitively understand people[/s:13faf93af6], but because this was obviously your trump card, and it reveals your inadequacies. [s:13faf93af6]Not only is making this kind of a statement ill conducive to a discussion[/s:13faf93af6], (it serves primarily as a stonewall, [s:13faf93af6]as its foundation is mysticism[/s:13faf93af6] and cannot be argued against using any rational variables) but it reveals a lack of factual comprehension. Having a mystical, intuitive primary understanding of humans only occurs when you can't arrange and rationalize said human behavior. INFps have shitty and resort to this mystical trump card when they are called on their lack of logical consistency. [s:13faf93af6]In essence, you are making up your own science and situating it in the realm of spirituality[/s:13faf93af6], knowing that [s:13faf93af6]we cannot argue against it[/s:13faf93af6] (to argue there has to be terms, which mysticism does not have). The only possible response is a resonating yawn.
    Just wanted to clear this up because you seem to have missed the essence of it. Actually you can discuss things in the manner you say we can't, in that it is possible, but to do it one must describe impressions and if you are not very poetically gifted this is quite difficult. It can be rationally deconstructed accept you must use impressions the same way one might use abstract concepts. The problem with this is obviously that a person that doesn't function in impressions won't experience these impressions and thereby render a discussion in them void (Like you are doing). But this does NOT make them or discussions in them universally void (Like you seem to be implying).

    Also your post shows (What I consider) significant consistency. If this is how you normally handle things, give a rational explanation point by point on why you think the other person is mistaken, then I'd say you're a type of some kind.

  38. #38
    le petit prince raisonpure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clover
    Whats up with you raison? You're being so....aggressive....in a weird way...O.o


    Also, that test really wasn't a test, it was kinda of retarded, and I anticipated Peter's response (yay for me lol)

    Not tryin' to be mean, just honest. I'm slightly confused at your aggression.


    I think I anticipated it because I used to try to "pull" that sort of thing on him...I don't know how to explain that heh.



    I'm rather interested in what Clover's interactions with him are like.

    good luck
    To determine his type, I don't need to read what others say about him or how he interacts with others when I can draw out his true colours by making him speak for himself. I don't need to invest time on interacting with him, only to discover 6 months later that our values and way of communicating are hopelessly different -- when those crucial differences can be exposed in a matter of hours. When I make the transition from observation to experimentation, I go full out: seeing my subjects flare is how I gauge what people are truly capable of. It was a ploy to make him reveal his natural means of fighting back, his line of reasoning, his receptiveness to certain stimuli, as well as the sort of attacks that he's vulnerable to.

    His response provides a sufficient demonstration how different he is from INTps -- and the rest of Gamma, for that matter. Do you see ISFjs calling others out on logical inconsistency? I don't: I see INFjs and ISFjs like Olga come under the criticism of Alpha NTs for not complying to logic. Do you see ESFps sticking out their PoLR in a similar fashion? I don't: my friend balks at the very mention of logic, and gets uncomfortable around anyone who necessitates it in a discussion.

    And compare this:
    In essence, you are making up your own science and situating it in the realm of spirituality, knowing that we cannot argue against it (to argue there has to be terms, which mysticism does not have).
    To an what an INTp is quoted to have said in the article ILIs on the Internet: a Case Study
    Although I do consider myself an intellectual of sorts (albeit a spiritual-esoteric intellectual) I do get bored with too much mental debate. Especially where the emotional being gets involved, then you have a big argument, with lots of hurt feelings, shadow projection, misinterpretation, etc. That's why it's better to follow the pure spiritual path and access the reality behind the words."
    And an explanation of Gamma values in the same article, which discojoe rejects:
    This reflects the ILI's value of introverted intuition above all else. introverted intuition involves a image or vision of reality that goes beyond words (because it is based on mental images). Also, the Gamma Quadra values of introverted ethics over introverted logic are evident. It's better to preserve good feelings than push one's logical idea system on others, especially when ILIs are by nature skeptical about the chances of finding truth in logical idea systems in the first place.
    Yet he is not the only one who claims to value while dismissing the notion of mysticism -- when Jung described the Introverted Intuitive type as the "mystical dreamer and seer".
    的 think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

  39. #39
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Seems more than obvious to me that there simply isn't enough information here to type him. But as always, people can and will think what they want to think. If they believed that they couldn't type discojoe based on very, very little information and no actual face time or sincere conversation, they might need to question their typings of other random people they've met (or perhaps haven't met). There are few things that are a greater waste of time than trying to convince a know it all that they don't know it all, so I'll leave this one alone.

  40. #40
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Raison.................sigh



    How do you know he isn't complete control of his responses to you, and isn't trying to throw everyone off? Not to say he is, I just know he has the ability to do so.


    Peter has replied to people in soooo many different ways here, it IS impossible for you to type him based purely on how he responds to your "tests" and such. It is utterly IMPOSSIBLE to get the essence of someone full on through this damn forum! And I know you are not stupid enough to think that people dont have aura's around them in person. People respond differently when they have to SPEAK to someone, as opposed to typing something, reading it over, making sure it's alright, etc etc... Also, a lot of the time when you think he is getting angry about something, most likely he doesn't really give a fuck. If he does give a fuck...well you can just tell.

    Not to say...Peter is always in control of himself either...just here on the forum it isn't so hard to control what you type and whether or not you hit "submit".


    I'm pretty much with Joy on this one I think...Peter has not shown himself here which = no typage, OH WELL! Next thread!
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •