Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: What's my type?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What's my type?

    Hey, I'm new here, and I'd like to pinpoint my type.
    I took an MBTI test when I was in middle school, and it said I was an ENFJ. I took one when I was a sophomore in high school again, and got the same, but I'm still not exactly sure.

    Stuff about me
    *I have a strong sense of community values, and a desire to work to improve it. For example, I volunteer at my city's community center, and I'd like to continue to volunteer in the future. To me, volunteering means something special, and even dirty work, like pulling weeds, is fun in its weird way.
    *I have a very powerful desire to be the person in charge. When there's a party or social event, I have an almost overwhelming urge to plan it. If I'm not the person in charge, I don't feel very good about myself or useful. However, when I am with very close friends, I can defer to them, as long as my contributions are not ignored.
    *I write my goals down on paper, and set them very high.
    *I have a perfectionist streak.
    *I become very annoyed when people don't employ direct and clear communication. Ambiguity is something that annoys me, because of my perfectionism (my efforts toward making something good may not be fruitful because I am not sure what is being asked for). This creates a lot of nervousness.
    *I enjoy spontaneity and structure about evenly.
    *I become jealous at times.
    *I understand the need for bureaucracy; however, I believe that every individual should help another individual, and that another person's time is just as important as your time.
    *I enjoy going on walks by myself to relax and reflect on what the day has been, and appreciate what I have. However, I don't go on walks when I feel bad, and need to vent. It's usually because I feel really good and want to reflect on the beauty of life.
    *I cannot genuinely be happy unless the quality of my life is very good.
    *Unresolved conflict makes me incapable of effective social interaction and unhappy.
    *My desire to help those around me goes so far that I neglect my own needs and responsibilities. It's extremely difficult for me to accept that my loved ones will be unhappy and unrealize their potential.
    *It angers me when people do not trust me, even though I might not necessarily have earned that trust.
    *I do very well in school.
    *I have been interested in esoteric stuff, including the supernatural, astronomy, existentialist philosophy, religion, etc.
    *I want to be independent, and in the position to help others.
    *My wardrobe is extremely organized, and the individual articles of clothing must have meaning and value behind them. In other words, I don't just buy stuff because they're cheap or on sale.
    *I believe it's better to make a quick decision and purchase something quickly, than to bargain and look for the best deal. I reason that the average individual will save only a few dollars, yet waste a lot of time in finding lower prices.
    *I really enjoy mathematics and science on the grand scale, but computation and labwork is extremely boring. I like it when mathematics involves creativity and problem solving, and when science is linked to implications for humans and the future (such as space exploration and mining, renewable resources, etc).
    *I love politics and philosophy, and I really appreciate people who think seriously about these issues.
    *I am fairly talented at music (I have perfect pitch), but my hand-eye coordination is only average.
    *I greatly admire competence, for example Bill Gates, JFK, Frank Sinatra.
    *I greatly fear conflict and other people's disappointment.
    *I don't like to compromise my schedule. For example, if I have to be at two places at once, I don't like to say, I'll have to give that up.
    *I will always listen to someone when he or she needs help.
    *Sometimes, it's hard to follow step-by-step directions.
    *I have very many emotional ups and downs.
    *I am very outgoing, but I can only be happy when the rest of my life is going well.

    Thanks! Please tell me to clarify if needed

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    694
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The information provided points very clearly to ENFj.
    IEI subtype

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    really?
    hehe

    Why would ESFJ, ENTJ, ENTP, and ENFP be eliminated?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    unquestionably rational EJ temperament.

    LIE is most likely as a strong Te subtype. LSE is possible. EIE and ESE are probably also possible, but i see almost no emphasis on Fe over Te in any of the criteria that you've listed (not merely the ones quoted below)

    I write my goals down on paper, and set them very high.

    I believe it's better to make a quick decision and purchase something quickly, than to bargain and look for the best deal. I reason that the average individual will save only a few dollars, yet waste a lot of time in finding lower prices. (Te, although in a way i could see this as a manifestation of Ni polr)

    I love politics and philosophy, and I really appreciate people who think seriously about these issues. (Ni)

    I have been interested in esoteric stuff, including the supernatural, astronomy, existentialist philosophy, religion, etc. (Ni)

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    O_O
    so entj?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yes.....

  7. #7
    Creepy-Diana

    Default Re: What's my type?

    .

  8. #8
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    yes.....
    Which bullets did you find compatible with ENTj?? For some reason I didn't find too many.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    esfj

    why does this sound like a "test" to me?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Trust me, I'm not trying to test anyone. If I was, I already gave you the answer.
    =)
    I'm genuinely confused.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i am just trying to rationalize something. your description sounds esfj to me but the sequential fashion in which you list information seems very logical dominant. you are male?

    :edit:

    responded to first half of post and glossed over the 2nd half. enfj is definitely highly probable as well

    *removes foot from mouth*

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    yes.....
    Which bullets did you find compatible with ENTj?? For some reason I didn't find too many.
    i didn't find too many bullets with ENTj per se; i think that, as a whole, the bullets don't emphasize much Fe at all. instead, they are more concerned with practical matters.

    i dunno, looking back on it, i'm not so sure. but EJ is assured.

  13. #13
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Exxj mmhm


    *My desire to help those around me goes so far that I neglect my own needs and responsibilities. It's extremely difficult for me to accept that my loved ones will be unhappy and unrealize their potential.
    The big question: How old are you? You sound like you are still in highschool, right?
    That might make it hard to discern your type.


    I have known an ESFj who, as you do, like to present an 'impressive' list of achievements and personality traits so as to seem like a valued member of the community, etc.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, I'm a high school junior (17 years of age).

    One more thing, wouldn't an S be precluded because ESFJ's notoriously dislike hard logic. I have a strong desire to understand things deductively. Stuff like the logical foundation of mathematics and philosophy...although I don't LOVE theory as much as an INTP would, it's still something that I think is cool.

    Furthermore, for thinking and feeling, quoted from Personalitypage.com

    We are making decisions in the Thinking mode when we:

    * Research a product via consumer reports, and buy the best one to meet our needs
    * Do "The Right Thing", whether or not we like it
    * Choose not to buy a blue shirt which we like, because we have two blue shirts
    * Establish guidelines to follow for performing tasks

    We are making decisions in the Feeling mode when we:

    * Decide to buy something because we like it
    * Refrain from telling someone something which we feel may upset them
    * Decide not to take a job because we don't like the work environment
    * Decide to move somewhere to be close to someone we care about

    The thinking seems to qualify as someone who is practical. I'm definitely not practical.

    I have known an ESFj who, as you do, like to present an 'impressive' list of achievements and personality traits so as to seem like a valued member of the community, etc.
    Pulling weeds isn't really impressive. :wink: But yes, your observation could be a hint.

    Possibilities seem to be
    ENFJ
    ENTJ
    ESFJ
    ESTJ??

    A final note: I plan extensively, but I end up doing things in the last minute anyway many times. I also find it hard to start something, but I usually finish a task once I do. Does this provide insight as to whether I'm P/J?

    Thanks a lot, guys.

  15. #15
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you're 17 and you're already wasting your life away like this?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brady00n
    wouldn't an S be precluded because ESFJ's notoriously dislike hard logic.
    not necessarily. i think istjs in particular are known for being fucking brilliant physicists and shit like this? my hs valedictorian was istp. i think that most people are not into hard logic and that there are more Ss than Ns which seems to go a long way toward explaining that popular "understanding"

  17. #17
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brady00n
    One more thing, wouldn't an S be precluded because ESFJ's notoriously dislike hard logic.
    Why would you say that? ESFjs generally like "hard logic" (introverted logic) they just have some problems producing it themselves often falling into relying on their feeling judgements. Thus their dual is INTj who can inject the needed logic in their thinking and help them calm down and structure their "feelings". Generally ESFjs seem very talented at everything they do and can like theory very much. They would probably seek practical applications for that theory instead of just sticking to reading the theory itself. ENFjs would probably have more patience with just enjoying the fine points of the theory.

    Now this said I'm not sure if you are ESFj or ENFj or perhaps ESTj but you could be one of those. EJ temperament is very possible.

    Then another point...you are constantly referring to MBTI stuff which is not good since this is a socionics site. The two models are related via Jung's functions but are far from being a same thing. Here we see socionics as superior.

    So (unless you have already) start by reading some socionics material e.g.
    http://www.socionics.us/

    One of the best ways to find your socionics type is finding where you stand in Reinin dichotomies. See e.g. these two threads:
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewto...ghlight=reinin
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewto...ghlight=reinin

    You can also check http://www.socionics.com but mostly stick to the http://www.socionics.com/rel/rel.htm page which helps you with intertype relationships. Other than that this site contains some suspicious material (especially the type profiles are not very professional and over emphasize and misuse visual identification approach imho).

  18. #18
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  19. #19
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What type do you think your dual is?
    What types annoy you the most?
    What types do you get along with the best?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I checked the Reinin dichotomies, and clearly, I'm an ENFJ.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •