from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Questioning my type again!

So so so, allo everyone. I'm not the most well-known member of this board, but hey.

All I know is that I'm Beta as hell. I've always believed myself to an Intuitive Feeler, and INFj, ENFp, & INFp have all crossed my mind at points in time but there is no way I am Delta. I find that the Quadra values are extremely good ways to really separate yourself from what you are and what you want to be. I've settled on INFp Fe subtype for a good long while.

However, recently, I've been thinking about the level of my Introversion and wondering if I truly am an INFp? I started doubting myself when people around me laughed as I tell them I'm an Introvert. Just yesterday, my two close ISTj girl friends were going on about my supposed "wild" characteristics =/ "You're wild!"

They were saying how they've never seem me be shy, quiet, reserved - when I'm around others and they are there, they notice I am always Extraverting myself. This led them to state I'm actually ENFj, which would make a lot of sense seeing as how I do feel a sense of extreme comfort with them and they think I'm their Dual.. but then again, I get really confused about Activity vs Dual relations.

They always picture me making the first move in relationships for some reason and it really surprised me... they compared me to some character in an anime that is ESTp and said I act exactly like her - forceful, demanding. Which I am ... I am extremely, extremely ambitious (but a lot of Betans are) and I never back down. I like confrontations sometimes because I wanna "stick it to the man" basically.

I've also compared myself to other INFps (I know quiiiite a few) and they are all much, MUCH more mellow than I am. I always enforce positive emotions and attempt to elicit that in other people, especially in group situations. I tend to find all the other INFps too much of homebodies... I always want excitement, flash, drama... whereareas they seem to be more happy in a more relaxed state than me.

When I was younger, I almost definitely was an ENFj, I tend to think that maybe a lot of trauma can sort of make a person become more Introverted when they aren't supposed to be. I went through a bunch of teasing in my elementary school days (lmfao) and now that that's ovvva, I feel like I'm coming back into myself.. ?

I like being spontaneous, I think, but a lot of the times I neeeeeed plans otherwise I just feel stressed and extremely worried that things won't work out. This is why ISTjs ground me and provide this solid foundation. Calming... I love to affect their emotions and make them go all crazy

Yeah. Kinda long, as I usually get. Sorry! So...

?

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, you do appear more ENFj from what u described. If I remember correctly, you seem to like IXTjs alot too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From that description, ENFj seems evident. I've always thought so when I've read most of your other posts as well.
    IEI subtype

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are an ennagram 3w4, then you're likely ENFj.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've always seemed kind of ENFj to me too. It seems like you're almost certainly ENFj or INFp.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, now I can get over my obsession with trying to find ESTps...

On to the ISTjs!

But yah... damn ENFps, I've been in way too many relationships with them

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with ENFj.
    I remember your previous thread, I already got that ENFj vibe.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well from the description it was definately ENFj. Suppose it depends how unconsciously flavored it was to make us agree. I had some strange feeling from your writing style a while back that you weren't INFp. I assumed you were an INFj in denial.

But yah... damn ENFps, I've been in way too many relationships with them
    Yeah thats strange. When i was working, the only girls that seemed interested in me where ENFj's. They would call me cute etc, no other ones talked to me. I think they were probablly seeing me fiddling with or they were seeing my ISTj dad in me.

Good news is you cant miss us so you can easily avoid relationships with us
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, so I guess it's ENFj then?

The only thing is my Introversion coming out around groups of people I am intimidated by. I have my ENFj best friend who doesn't seem intimidated by annnything. I suppose I might've made it unconsciously... ENFj-biased ... =/ Lol, I hate confusing myself. I think it's just self-esteem based though and it has nothing to really do with my type - when I am feeling good about myself, my natural way is to be Extravert Feeling to everyone ... I think even a "healthy" INFp wouldn't be as out there as I am.

I also seem to be better at Te than Si. I'm not sure if it's Si-related but it sure as hell seems so - I abhor cooking and doing all those "caregiving" type things that Si ego types do. It is sooo annoying, and I hate when people want to be babied in regards to Si... this is what I don't like about ENTps especially. Grr. I can be quite productive when I want to be and set my mind to things more than INFps seem to. I have a goal in my mind always, and I plan things out - I think I was in denial when I said I can go with the flow ... ENFps piss me off too for that reason that they always strive for spontaneity (my current ENFp boyfriend alwayssss does/says this) and they never plan anything properly leaving me feeling like strings are untied. Blegh.

Ohh, whoever said I was in denial about being an INFj? O__o I know two male INFjs and they are definitely not my identical lmfao. I hate how they're so seemingly... calm all the time - I know that Fi is emotionally subdued, unlike the major Fe I like to see in others.. they seem like they're always like this: -_____- with no ups or downs, ever. I wanna just shake them and, say FEEL SOMETHING! Or rather, EXPRESS your feelings.

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This:

ENFps piss me off too for that reason that they always strive for spontaneity (my current ENFp boyfriend alwayssss does/says this) and they never plan anything properly leaving me feeling like strings are untied. Blegh.
    sounds very much like a recurring issue between me and my ENFj dad. He also gets annoyed if I am so much as 2 minutes late for anything. He's even lied and told me we're meeting someplace at 5:45 if we're really supposed to be there at 6 to make sure I'll be there by 6 ON THE DOT. No flexibility.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    This:

ENFps piss me off too for that reason that they always strive for spontaneity (my current ENFp boyfriend alwayssss does/says this) and they never plan anything properly leaving me feeling like strings are untied. Blegh.
    sounds very much like a recurring issue between me and my ENFj dad. He also gets annoyed if I am so much as 2 minutes late for anything. He's even lied and told me we're meeting someplace at 5:45 if we're really supposed to be there at 6 to make sure I'll be there by 6 ON THE DOT. No flexibility.
    Wellll being late or not being late is different than flexibility, imho

No flexibility would be a denial of change in schedule if asked with a certain anticipation (say, a day)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's more than a few minutes, yeah. But 2 or 3 minutes? I mean, our watches could just be set differently.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, that just sounds EXTREME to me.

I'm late all the time. Not much for caring about timing and all. I always think I know when the right time is to act and always having enough time..

I constantly stress over what I have to finish, or do that day though. Ugh, I hate that stressed feeling .. I have it right now!

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's more than a few minutes, yeah. But 2 or 3 minutes? I mean, our watches could just be set differently.
    yeah, i think until the 5 minutes mark is still tolerable. It also depends on the situation, if I'm waiting at home it's not really a problem if you're 30 mins late, but if we have to go somewhere it's different

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dad is a bit OCD. OCD + ENFj = getting upset when someone is 2 minutes late. At least in my dad's case.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could be ENFj. I'm pretty much a homebody, but some things that you said sound a lot like me. Like being late very often because I think I have all the time I need, "(ENFps) never plan anything properly leaving me feeling like strings are untied", needing plans so I won't stress over things...
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's weird that I seek so much outside stimulus. Yet I still have my moments where I just want noone to bug me, and I love to reflect... very introspective. Oh, but then again E vs I doesn't mean outgoing vs shyness. *slaps self*

You know what, I still think I'm INFp

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're clearly SEE. stop trying to delude yourself.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you INTp? Hey, baby!

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd ask you about your PoLR or something, but you probably thought of things like that already.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A comparison:
    They always picture me making the first move in relationships for some reason and it really surprised me... they compared me to some character in an anime that is ESTp and said I act exactly like her - forceful, demanding. Which I am ... I am extremely, extremely ambitious (but a lot of Betans are) and I never back down. I like confrontations sometimes because I wanna "stick it to the man" basically.
    I'm not fond of confrontations and usually intercede before they erupt, since they make me queasy.
    I always enforce positive emotions and attempt to elicit that in other people, especially in group situations.
    I feel manipulated when others do that to me, so I consider it a sin to make others feel what they do not wish to feel -- unless it's absolutely necessary for the fulfillment of a goal. I am motivated by the desire to relieve rather than agitate. Also, I don't have enough positive emotions to impose on others. I've noticed that my ESFj friend delights in drawing emotional responses from others, however.
    I tend to find all the other INFps too much of homebodies

That's weird that I seek so much outside stimulus.
    It's interesting how much your search for external stimulus differs from mine. I am often so thirsty for it that it interferes with my concentration and sleep, but my need is fulfilled not through interacting with people, but by breaking free from routine, exploring new places, acquiring new skills, or connecting various imagery to form an overarching theme...

So... I guess we're different types
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww, raison! You're so adorable for some reason.

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it helps comming from another person, you write and look very much like an INFp. But you know, there is no way for us to tell on this disscussion board what type you are.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, actually, I do still think I am an INFp. I can smell my true introversion and the Oldham Dramatic type fits much better than the Conscientious one. However, a lot of ENFj qualities resonate within me - I think just being the Fe subtype really creates that for me .. making me almost an ENFj in a way.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was gonna post how you are one of the rare people online that I can point to and say are my identical and if you were EIE then there was a strong probability that I was EIE. Yes, I think you are IEI.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Yes, actually, I do still think I am an INFp. I can smell my true introversion and the Oldham Dramatic type fits much better than the Conscientious one. However, a lot of ENFj qualities resonate within me - I think just being the Fe subtype really creates that for me .. making me almost an ENFj in a way.
    I would leave the Conscientious thingy out of the equation -- that's a horrible correlation.

To differentiate between mirrors, it's best to look at temperaments, dichotomies, and relationships.

For instance, which one strikes you as a most likely Conflictor - ESTj or ISTp? Someone who will try to get you moving when you don't want to, or someone who won't get moving when you want them to?

Also, if INFp you should be Compliant and Emotion-creating, if INFp, Obstinate and Construct-creating -- it seems to me you are the former.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Also, if INFp you should be Compliant and Emotion-creating, if INFp, Obstinate and Construct-creating -- it seems to me you are the former.
    Nice, uhm, comparison, like it totally makes sense and stuff :wink:.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Also, if INFp you should be Compliant and Emotion-creating, if [s:5f5969bd17]INFp[/s:5f5969bd17] ENFj, Obstinate and Construct-creating -- it seems to me you are the former.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This:

That's the Role function. This too:

I'm late all the time. Not much for caring about timing and all. I always think I know when the right time is to act and always having enough time..

I constantly stress over what I have to finish, or do that day though. Ugh, I hate that stressed feeling .. I have it right now!
    A thought occurs to me: Maybe you have Ni PoLR? :wink:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This:

lol.

i have come to doing this with my mother several times because she has no idea how to be somewhere on time. i mean at least an hour or so late, which is just insulting. then it's like she forgets her cellphone constantly and you can't get in touch with her which causes all sorts of other problems. it makes me feel bad because then i have to lie and feel all guilty for doing that to my mom? but i'm not 6-on-the-dot-ish. just get there by 6, damn it. pleaaaaaaaaaaaase.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    This:

Okay. No.

I would think that actually has a lot to do with Te PoLR and being unproductive. When I say I know when the right time to act is, how does that show weak Ni? I think my is too strong... I am sooo seeking it is not even funny.

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you are set on INFp ?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    This:

Okay. No.

I would think that actually has a lot to do with Te PoLR and being unproductive. When I say I know when the right time to act is, how does that show weak Ni? I think my is too strong... I am sooo seeking it is not even funny.
    Heh. nvm.