Thread: What's my type?

Creepy-

Default What's my type?

Hi, I'm a 17 years old boy from Finland.

I did some tests, and most of them suggested that I'm ENTJ or ISTJ.

But it seems to be very hard to find a match, I find a much of myself from both of them. I'll tell you something about me and see if you can analyze me.

I like to be in control. It makes me a bit sad to watch someone else making the decisions. I'm very ambitious and manipulating personality. I like seeing how I can effect people. I love making them laugh, and sometimes even manipulating them. I'm a good listener. People talk to me about their problems, mostly their lovelife and relationships in general. And some of them ask advices. And I like those situations, but in some cases they can get really angry because I don't think about their feelings. My answer is always logical, and in the end most of people admit it.

I don't get angry very easily, but when I do, a hell breaks loose. I never shout, raise my voice or use violence, but I can make people cry with words as my weapons. And when I'm angry and succeed doing so, I like that feeling. I am a bit sadistic (and honest! :wink: ). But I also love the feeling when I can make someone smile.

I don't want to be like everyone else. I wear different kind of clothes (a bit conservative), listen a different kind of music and so on. And I am very proud of it. I'm not selfish, not at all but I love myself a lot in a healthy way. I have lot of friends, and they are very close ones. But it's a slow process for me to get new friends, because I'm a bit distant at first.

I like speaking in front of my classmates. And I have got a pretty good feedback from teacher and my friends. Teacher told me that during the speech he believed everything I said right away. So I guess that I'm not that bad at that speech thing either.

In photos I keep my chin up, and eyes a bit closed and look like a very serious person but a little smile.

Sorry for my bad english, and this is my first time writing anything like this so please ask if you need any more information

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, you were kind of all over the place. You might even want to throw ENTP and ISTP into the mix. Definately more information please.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Definately more information please.
    Could you please ask something more specific, I'm not that good explaining things otherwise.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you feel repulsed by overly-happy people or annoying little kids?

Do you think you are an impulsive guy?

Do you feel you can push you're ideas on to other people?

Do you worry about your health a lot?

Do you get extremely upset if someone makes fun of your appearnce or the way you dress?

Do you feel uncomfortable in what you believe in a lot of the time?

Do you enjoy watching over or checking up on things?

Are you willful and determined?

Do you feel sometimes people don't appreciate you?

Do you enjoy thinking about abstract ideas?

Do you think practically and do things that make the most sense?

Do you waste time on fruitless dreaming?

Do you care about breaking down non-human type systems and understanding them fully?

Are you good with computers?

Do you like exploring new opportunities?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-

Do you feel repulsed by overly-happy people or annoying little kids?
    Only when I am deppressed or angry.
    Do you think you are an impulsive guy?
    Yes.
    Hard question. Yes.
    Do you worry about your health a lot?
    I do a lot sports and I don't smoke or drink at all. I feel very healthy, and don't worry about it that much.
    Do you get extremely upset if someone makes fun of your appearnce or the way you dress?
    Not at all.
    Do you feel uncomfortable in what you believe in a lot of the time?
    Sorry but I don't understand this one.
    Do you enjoy watching over or checking up on things?
    Yes, a lot. It makes me feel important.
    Are you willful and determined?
    Very willful, and very determined.
    Do you feel sometimes people don't appreciate you?
    Yes. But it doesn't bother me.
    Do you enjoy thinking about abstract ideas?
    Yes sometimes.
    Do you think practically and do things that make the most sense (either buisness or otherwise)?
    Not always, sometimes it's good to try some other way. It depends on the situation.
    Do you waste time on fruitless dreaming?
    Every day.
    Do you care about breaking down non-human type systems and understanding them fully?
    Sorry, I don't understand this one.
    Are you good with computers?
    Hmm. I can't do miracles with it but I guess I'm better than most of the people.
    Do you like exploring new opportunities?
    Very much.
    And this kind of a forum is a new one for me, so I keep my fingers crossed that I got the quotes right..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, you sound like a self-confident ISTP. You should start off by learning more about ISTPs and see if that fits you.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    isxj
    Why the J? A lot of what he wrote seemed more P.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

answers are all yes, no, yes, no not umm... maybe? i dunno let me think about it... yeah i guess i am like that sometimes...

(other things also but that is a good start)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK...

He said the he likes exploring new things. This would sound painfull for an ISxJ type. Ne would be the dual-seeking of an ISTP. He said he was impulsive, again, more ISxP than ISxJ. Another thing he said was the he could push his ideas onto other people. Most of the time ISxJs are unconfident in what they believe in. I guess it's possible they could try and influence other people, but it would at least take them a long to to believe it themselves.

He also sounded kind of Si + Te to me (although not based on a lot).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Js don't all like to sit inside boxes and pretend that the world around them isn't there. we like to explore and so forth also.

Quote Originally Posted by 17yroldfromfinland
    I did some tests, and most of them suggested that I'm ENTJ or ISTJ.
    Tests say he is conclusively J.

I like to be in control. It makes me a bit sad to watch someone else making the decisions. I'm very ambitious and manipulating personality. I like seeing how I can effect people. I love making them laugh, and sometimes even manipulating them. I'm a good listener. People talk to me about their problems, mostly their lovelife and relationships in general. And some of them ask advices. And I like those situations, but in some cases they can get really angry because I don't think about their feelings. My answer is always logical, and in the end most of people admit it.
    Control control control... likes to maniplate power relations that is complely Se quadra value with J.

I don't get angry very easily, but when I do, a hell breaks loose. I never shout, raise my voice or use violence, but I can make people cry with words as my weapons. And when I'm angry and succeed doing so, I like that feeling. I am a bit sadistic (and honest! ). But I also love the feeling when I can make someone smile.
    introvert very Ti-Fi (painfully honest)

I don't want to be like everyone else. I wear different kind of clothes (a bit conservative), listen a different kind of music and so on. And I am very proud of it. I'm not selfish, not at all but I love myself a lot in a healthy way. I have lot of friends, and they are very close ones.
    S!!! also SPs tend to not describe themselves as conservative

But it's a slow process for me to get new friends, because I'm a bit distant at first.
    I

ISFjs also tend to try to be very logical and i would imagine would describe themselves as such (at least sometimes, especially the men)

Hard question. Yes.
    I think he might have interpreted this as "do you feel you can push your WILL onto others" which is very Se perhaps he can clarify

All in all the tone is very very Se not Si. He is about active will not passive will. If you don't like it he can FORCE you (that is how it sounds at least). Si is more like I will force you until you push back then i will give up (yes i know a bad stereotype).

I stand by isxj *shrug*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Control control control... likes to maniplate power relations that is complely Se quadra value with J.
    This is where we see things diffrently. My first thought whe I saw "control" was J (and he also said J before). That thought immediatly turned when I saw "manipulation" and continued to read that paragraph. I think that percievers and generally more manipulative. Also, watching over things could be Te. I sometimes like to do that too.

I think we should have his oppinion on this.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

I have a friend who fits almost all of your description take the socionics sorter sometime back and he also came out as an ENTJ. He's extremely funny and his style of humor can be rather, what's the word, tactless but always makes you laugh. I've always disagreed with the common perception that ENTJs have no sense of humor, I think they're some of the funniest people on the planet probably because you can't believe you just heard them say what they did. I also think ENTJs tend to have a bit more empathy than ESTJs in general. I'm always telling my problems to him and he's usually pretty understanding though he does get things wrong. It can also be difficult watching movies with him because he loves to criticise or make fun of them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

percievers may be more manipulative but he is trying to ORGANIZE THE CONTROL STRUCTURE. that is what he means by manipulation i think not "manipulating the weak." i don't think he is doing that at all just organizing people's influence to his benefit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems like we were just looking at the same thing in diffrent ways. I'm sure when he comes back he can clarify ISxP/ ISxJ.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree very much with Pedro-the-Lion.

I like to be in control. It makes me a bit sad to watch someone else making the decisions.
    This kind of control comes from very high self-confidence, i.e. not an ISFj. He knows the answer (supposedly) and wants everyone to know that. So ISTj works great here.

That and he sounds a little bit like my INFj friend with the manipulation and the listening skills.

So far, ISTj.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Creepy-

Wow. You guys are talented at this. Please, if you have more questions that could clear something out ask.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Wow. You guys are talented at this. Please, if you have more questions that could clear something out ask.
    A couple more,

How do you organize yourself?

Do you have the ability to replay/relive past experiences in your head?

Do you look for in-depth understandins in things?

Do you feel uncomfortable if you are hot or sweaty while in public?

Are you meticulis and analytical while making desicions?

That's all for now.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-

How do you organize yourself?
    I know what the words mean, but in this case I don't know what are you exactly meaning. Could you please explain?
    Do you have the ability to replay/relive past experiences in your head?
    Yes.
    Do you look for in-depth understandins in things?
    Definetly yes.
    Do you feel uncomfortable if you are hot or sweaty while in public?
    Oh yes! And it happens almost everyday. I fell very uncomfortable.
    Are you meticulis and analytical while making desicions?
    Yes I am.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what the words mean, but in this case I don't know what are you exactly meaning. Could you please explain?
    Really no need to explain. I think you are an ISTJ now. Damn it, Pedro was right.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mwahahahahahahahaha