Thread: What types are the best psychologists by profession?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What types are the best psychologists by profession?

When choosing a psychologist, the type matters. But not only. There are also some other factors which play their role. The age, the sex, the stile of a therapy she or he is using. Still they are not the only factors. Type actually plays a great role. Another place where socionics comes to play is the duality. I think that a good psychologist needs to be dualised.

I have a psychologist. Though I don't feel ok! to shout it out openly. And I have had differend psyhologists before her. Untill I settled down with her. So I am speaking from my own experience.

So how to choose one? Types and workers qualities pay the role. Qualities: age, sex, the school of the therapy, dualisation. And types too. You will have to know your type for sure. And after that, you will have to know how do you get along with other types. Use this knowledge to mark down the types you know are great fit with you. Then use the parameters to find a psychologist among the types. So if you are ENTp, he or she has to have at least . So choose ENFp for example. And among ENFps try to find the best. By age. By sex. By school of therapy. By dualisation. Like Jungian therapist who is ENFp as a result.

Some speculations on why to choose dualised and intuitives

There are also some questions I am having. I understand that the dualisation pays a great role. Dualised people are balanced. Your psychologist has to be balanced and being herself or himself. It turned out the best ones, being like this, are the ones who are dualised. Otherwise he or she will have it's own problems. And it distructs therapy.

Onether question I am having is intuitivness. I am not so sure weather a psychologist you choose has or hasn't have to be intuitive.

The best psychologists I have met have been Ns. And the ones who have poor understanding of what the psyche means inside, are Sensors. They seem to have problems at moving to inside the problem. Seing what is inside.

So I sugest to choose, if you can, the Intuitive psychologist. At least when you are yourself Intuitive. Otherwhise you will not be satisfied with the poor explanations from the Sensing worker, because they are not informative enough. They don't grasp the inner picture deep enough.

What types are the best psychologists?

I would like to know, what types are the best psychologists? I wrote down my own experiences. But! I would like to know what types others think should be the best psychologists. And why?
    Semiotical process

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Model-A talks of 4 blocks. So a psychologist should avoid to use information elements contained in functions 3 and 4 of his patient.

It is better to avoid 5 and 6, because a psychologist is NOT a friend, but a professional. I think the best relationship possible would be Identity, or Mirror.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am beginning a behavioural science degree at university in 1 weeks time so i will let you know how it goes

ENFp are sometimes titled the Psychologist type. I have a very generalised intuition of people, i can also make them happier and listen. I do wonder about my ability to drill down to the core problem though. Im thinking i would make a better councillor..

An INFj friend of mine has made some amazingly accurate insights about people. He is also studying behavioural science and i think he would make a good psychologist / councillor.

I agree with what you say about them being Dualised. I dont personally see it as a neccessity. I think they need to be well grounded, and i think you can achive that without your dual. Being dualised im sure would be a bonus though.

A good psychologist would need to have a lot of life experience and have the ability to put themselves in their patients point of view. If an INTj came to an ENFp for help, the ENFp would have to understand that the INTj thinks very differently about life and that his/her strenghts lie in very different areas. Perhaps ideally every mirror is the best psychologist.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    I agree with what you say about them being Dualised. I dont personally see it as a neccessity. I think they need to be well grounded, and i think you can achive that without your dual. Being dualised im sure would be a bonus though.
    I would have agreed with him, if Duality wasn't a generator for some dependancy... Psychology is more about understanding than about support ; all function blocks are concerned in psychology, but it should be an emphasis on strong, especially ego functions rather than weak functions.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ESFjs, ISFps and ISFjs-Fi can be good psychologist too, even if they are sensors.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meatburger, im starting a degree in psychology in about a weeks time
    MBTI - INFJ
    Socionics - INFx

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFJs would make excellent psychologists. My buddy can see through people and understand their motivations and pasts in a way I never can no matter how much I analyze them.
    ENTj

"A conscience does not prevent sin. It only prevents you from enjoying it..."

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."
    - Thomas E Lawrence

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pezzonovante
    INFJs would make excellent psychologists. My buddy can see through people and understand their motivations and pasts in a way I never can no matter how much I analyze them.
    I agree, but I feel that it might not be suitable for them to be psychologists in the long run. They can get too emotional or personal over the problems of others, and perhaps easily stressed out when their clients are not making any progress.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    Quote Originally Posted by pezzonovante
    I agree, but I feel that it might not be suitable for them to be psychologists in the long run. They can get too emotional or personal over the problems of others, and perhaps easily stressed out when their clients are not making any progress.
    and...if their clients are actually getting worse they might seriously blame themselves

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BEGIN
    analyze story provided
    guess most outrageous thing possible
    check: is there any support for this whack shit?

IF SUPPORT == TRUE
    tell person this is clearly the problem
    wait for reaction

IF SUPPORT == FALSE
    goto start

WHILE REACTION == DISPROPORTIONATE
    elaborate

goto start
    ENTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ncassidy
    analyze story provided

IF SUPPORT == TRUE
    wait for reaction

IF SUPPORT == FALSE
    goto start

elaborate
    I would generally discourage using "goto-programming" and replace gotos with e.g. while-loops. Makes programs easier to maintain in the long run because the control flow stays simple.
    E.g. like this:

Code:
    WHILE SUPPORT == FALSE
    analyze story provided
    END WHILE

wait for reaction

elaborate 
    END WHILE
    I'm just trying to prevent you from developing (imho) bad habbits

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol!

Your loops are a little different by the way... it has to start over when a disproportionate reaction becomes logical

"Oh ok, sorry... I should have known your problem wasn't related to his fear of commitment, seeing as he just proposed to you... maybe... hmm... does he have a problem with the dog by any chance?"
    ENTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ncassidy
    lol!

Your loops are a little different by the way... it has to start over when a disproportionate reaction becomes logical

"Oh ok, sorry... I should have known your problem wasn't related to his fear of commitment, seeing as he just proposed to you... maybe... hmm... does he have a problem with the dog by any chance?"
    Yeah I cut out the last goto because I'm lazy However you can always replace goto with a loop. How about this one:

Code:
    WHILE PROBLEM_SOLVED == FALSE

WHILE SUPPORT == FALSE
       analyze story provided
       END WHILE

wait for reaction

elaborate 
       END WHILE

END WHILE

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck That Guy. Let me know how you go

ncassidy wrote:
    lol!

Yeah I cut out the last goto because I'm lazy, however you can always replace goto with a loop. How about this one:

Code:
    WHILE PROBLEM_SOLVED == FALSE

WHILE SUPPORT == FALSE
    analyze story provided
    END WHILE

wait for reaction

elaborate
    END WHILE

END WHILE
    I think the reason both of you need to express life in programming code subconsciously stems back from trampoline accidents when you were younger? Do you both fear trampolines?
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the reason both of you need to express life in programming code subconsciously stems back from trampoline accidents when you were younger? Do you both fear trampolines?
    HOW did you KNOW...
    ENTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This comment contains an intuitive leap of such magnitude that I am unable to follow its line of reasoning. However to answer your question - I have never had a trampoline accident nor am I afraid of trampolines but I have fell from a tree ending up having a concussion (however I am not afraid of trees either).