Thread: Logical types--feeling

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Logical types--feeling

As a logical type i sometimes find things that evoke feelings too much to bear. I will be reduced to tears or I will have to remove the stimulus (while at the same time being horribly embarrased, depending on whose company i'm in).

Not sure if this is a logical thing in being less... competent at dealing with emotions.. others care to share experiences?

Danke.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way you described it, it would seem a classic description of Fe>Fi. In my own case, if my feelings are still near the surface (if I'm already thinking/feeling about something), the discovery of something related to that makes it stronger. If I wasn't already focusing on that, I don't think so.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm like Expat, If I want to experience the emotions, I almost have to think about them, or "will" them up to the surface. Sometimes though if something catches me off guard or my hormones are out of whack it can come bubbleing up without permission and overwhelm me.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is just how Jung said the repressed feeling function would manifest itself in thinkers. It would only make it's appearance in a time when the thinking function was shut off or ignored by the ego because it had failed to protect the ego against an emotional circumstance or other environmental conditions. Then the most repressed feeling function would emerge and cause a totally irrational and uncontrollable feeling of being overwhelmed, it would be rejecting the circumstance. It would take some time for the ego to reassert the primary over the feeling function and push it back into the unconscious. This happens in part because the feeling function is the most repressed, but the intensity happens because the feeling funciton is often so underdeveloped in a thinking type.
    INTj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if there are times that require strong emotions either way I feel uncomfortable knowing what to do... also, I enjoy listening to music that has lyrics written by someone who seem like they truely do have control over these emotions and aren't afraid to sing about them, makes me feel like my Feeling becomes "stronger".

Quote Originally Posted by Republicus
    Then the most repressed feeling function would emerge and cause a totally irrational and uncontrollable feeling of being overwhelmed, it would be rejecting the circumstance.
    If I am understanding this correctly this sounds like me.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Logical types--feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    As a logical type i sometimes find things that evoke feelings too much to bear. I will be reduced to tears or I will have to remove the stimulus (while at the same time being horribly embarrased, depending on whose company i'm in).

Not sure if this is a logical thing in being less... competent at dealing with emotions.. others care to share experiences?

Danke.
    good questions. i feel the same way. and all kinds of things emotionally stimulate me in my life, esp right now. over the last week i actually became so upset by something that i had to take extreme measures to distract myself from my feelings. i actually had to drive for a half hour with the windows open in 10 degree weather and blast the radio to get myself out of my head and chest (that's where my feelings live).

the problem for me as an irrational i think is that of coping with strong emotions that are brought on by outside people and events. i then have to resort to strong sensory interventions to distract myself. what works better yet is when someone with Si or Fe or both can influence my mood to a better place.

i am much more comfortable in dealing with ideas, theories, facts, data, objects and people that i'm already comfortable with or am in a good position with. when things get emotionally chaotic, i'm not at my best at all.

emotions can be energizing to a point, but then that point reaches diminishing returns.

i think Fe/Fi folks can cope with their emotions better. i think they feel them less intensely and in a more wave-like manner rather than a spike-like manner like i do. they flow with them, enjoy them, express them easily, influence others with them.

as far as things that stimulate my emotions, like movies and music and such, i'm actually ok with this and enjoy it. i saw Bridge to Terebithia yesterday with the kids and it made me cry....i was in the restroom afterward and i saw another woman checking her mascara, too, we both laughed and said we cried during the movie. it's easy to enjoy emotions that aren't connected to real things happening in your life, for sure.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They stole money from my ENTp sister today in public transport. She completelly blew off... when she called she was hystherical, screaming in the phone and such. I thought they actually had stabbed her, or something. But no, it turned out to be that they pulled the money from her bag, not even threatened her or anything.

It's not the first time it happens something to her and I'm the one which remains cold minded.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.