Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Sex and the City

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NiFe
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Sex and the City

    I watched an episode for the first time. It was different than I expected. Anybody else catch some episodes?

    Carrie's type?
    Big?

    Their relationship?

  2. #2
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I saw only a couple of them. I'd guess:

    - Carrie: ENFp
    - Big: a quiet ESTp

    Their relationship seemed to be benefit or super-ego, benefit with Big as the benefactor. That would make Carrie ESFj if Big is ESTp; or it would make Big an ESFj if Carrie is ENFp -- I don't think either works. So, super-ego is better.

    Disclaimer: again, I only saw a few episodes, perhaps this isn't very good.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    694
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've seen all the episodes and agree with Expat.

    Miranda=loud INTp.
    Charlotte=ISFj
    Samantha=not entirely sure. ESFp, I think.
    IEI subtype

  4. #4
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Big is fuking hot.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  5. #5
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Big is hot, i remember when that actor was on Law and Order even hotter in that show.

    seems to me carrie is an infp and big is an estp.

    miranda could be intp

    charlotte isfp or isfj not sure which. she's a little prissy but softer and not as judgemental as an isfj usually is.

    samantha is an estp for sure.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  6. #6
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Carrie must be whatever type I am. I identify with her more than any other character I see on tv. Everything she does or says makes perfect sense to me in that it just is the thing to do or say in the situation, no matter how silly or erratic it appears later when the situation is over.

    I love her - her impulsivity and inconsistency comfort me. :wink:
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  7. #7
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I knew it, Kim

    Samantha is very obviously a Se EP; I don't know enough to say whether ESFp or ESTp is more likely.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  8. #8
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Samantha intrigues me, I don't know her type.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  9. #9
    Ritella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    at your feet
    Posts
    2,092
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    bump

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I saw only a couple of them. I'd guess:

    - Carrie: ENFp
    - Big: a quiet ESTp

    Their relationship seemed to be benefit or super-ego, benefit with Big as the benefactor. That would make Carrie ESFj if Big is ESTp; or it would make Big an ESFj if Carrie is ENFp -- I don't think either works. So, super-ego is better.

    Disclaimer: again, I only saw a few episodes, perhaps this isn't very good.
    yes i think their relationship is very mismatched in one way or the other.. i thought maybe supervisory. Big is always in a position of power and there is some serious misundertanding. Big is always seemingly oblivious and Carrie always seems to be trying to please him but is really hurt a lot of the time. I'd thought INFp-ENTj with Carrie the INFp and Big the ENTj. I might be confused with the actors though too. I think Sarah Jessica Parker might be INFp and Chris Noth (sp) might be an ENFj. I've also seen ESFp/ENFj relationships that are like this but i think in benefit partners there is a more equal relationship than in supervisory ones..?

  11. #11
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I knew it, Kim

    Samantha is very obviously a Se EP; I don't know enough to say whether ESFp or ESTp is more likely.
    i still think samantha is estp since she kinda goes through relationships...and sometimes she effs up in a way that i don't think an esfp would. then again i don't think samantha would necessarily be an estp as carrie's best friend; their relationship isn't fraught with any difficulty really...which actually implies same quadra, so....dunno maybe sex and city wasn't thought out socionically by the writers. lol.

    i changed my mind about carrie, i do think she's enfp. and if big is estp that would explain a lot of their problems.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  12. #12
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    If I hear one more time how ESFps are wild partiers because they have the EP thing going on, I am going to visit every single person's house that visits this forum and blow it up with a bazooka. Before I blow up the house, I will call and make sure that every person is home so that they will die in the explosion.
    Model X Will Save Us!

    *randomwarelinkremoved

    jessica129:scrotums r hot

    :" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

  13. #13
    Ritella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    at your feet
    Posts
    2,092
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    i still think samantha is estp since she kinda goes through relationships...and sometimes she effs up in a way that i don't think an esfp would. then again i don't think samantha would necessarily be an estp as carrie's best friend; their relationship isn't fraught with any difficulty really...which actually implies same quadra, so....dunno maybe sex and city wasn't thought out socionically by the writers. lol.

    i changed my mind about carrie, i do think she's enfp. and if big is estp that would explain a lot of their problems.
    I don't think Carrie and Samantha have to be in the same quadra to get along. It's not like they're dating each other. I actually know a female ENFP and female ESTP in real life who claim to be best friends and get along in a similar manner.
    My typings for the chars would be:
    Carrie- ENFP (very good example too, imo)
    Samantha- ESTP
    Charlotte- ISFj (?)
    Miranda- she confuses me. I think maybe ESTJ or ENTJ. Or maybe INTJ, actually, since she seems to be a bit in need of Si help and seems really confident in her self proclaimed dorkiness. Comments anyone?
    Big- I REALLY want him to be ISTP, but I think he's prob ESTP
    Aidan- INFP?
    Burger- INTP?
    Charlotte's new husband- ??
    Charlotte's ex husband- ExTJ?
    Steve- ISFJ?
    Charlotte's cardboard baby- ?

  14. #14
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah i guess about samantha and carrie. but they are like best friends for years. when i think of best friends, i want to say you're not always going to find them in the opposing quadra, know what i mean? that would be like me having an esfp best friend. i know a bunch of these women and they are all really on the acquaintance/associate level. not that they're not a barrel of laughs, but best friends? nah they would vibe me too much.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    yeah i guess about samantha and carrie. but they are like best friends for years. when i think of best friends, i want to say you're not always going to find them in the opposing quadra, know what i mean? that would be like me having an esfp best friend. i know a bunch of these women and they are all really on the acquaintance/associate level. not that they're not a barrel of laughs, but best friends? nah they would vibe me too much.

    yeah i dunno.. i always felt like carrie and samantha were the duals in that group. they always seem to have each others' back and don't need to discuss problems.. they always silently understand each other.

  16. #16
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    yeah i dunno.. i always felt like carrie and samantha were the duals in that group. they always seem to have each others' back and don't need to discuss problems.. they always silently understand each other.
    Carrie seems INFp-Fe subtype (actor isn't INFp, pehaps ENFp)
    If Big is ESTp and and Samantha is also ESTp, then it all makes perfect sense.

    If Charlotte is ISFj, then she supervises Samantha. That makes porfect sense as well. "Sam, you can't say something like that! " And then Sam is acting all spiteful and calling Charlotte a prute. There was some tension between them. They were the least compatible types there.

    Miranda as loud INTp. Yep! Looks like an INTp artist woman that I know. Or at least has the same vibe. Also very similar to an ISTp woman that I know. (maybe actress is ISTp playing an INTp character?)
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  17. #17
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,806
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    I love Samantha's character; makes sense that she's SLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  18. #18
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,806
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Very possible. (:
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Sex and the City

    Any opinions on socionics/enneagram types?
    Last edited by Clumsy; 02-11-2012 at 09:10 PM.

  20. #20

  21. #21
    ILE - ENTp 1981slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have watched a few episodes so...

    Carrie...IEE?
    Charlotte: ESI
    Miranda: SLI?
    Samantha: SEE!
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

    To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •