Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: IEI-SLI Super-ego Relations (INFp and ISTp)

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Delta
    Posts
    150
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default IEI-SLI Super-ego Relations (INFp and ISTp)

    So how is this relationship?
    ...yes I know super-ego but Iím curious about rl examples.
    9w1

  2. #2
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I believe my last relationship was with an infp. A highly insecure one. It was entirely too demanding for me. Things started out good but the more i got to know him, he was too controlling, jealous and insecure. I couldn't have any outside interaction or he'd cut off all contact with me for days and even weeks. Silent treatment to the extreme. He always accused me of being cold and not tending to his feelings enough. Frankly, i felt like his mother. I always had to reassure him. I'm not sure if all infp's are that insecure, but i couldn't handle it. I ended up cheating on him and that was that. Entirely TOO much drama. I always felt judged by him for some reason. When things first started, I thought I had everything in common with him..more in common with most others I've met but that quickly changed. I never really felt close to him. Things got boring fast. Wouldn't do it again.

  3. #3
    misutii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    I believe my last relationship was with an infp. A highly insecure one. It was entirely too demanding for me. Things started out good but the more i got to know him, he was too controlling, jealous and insecure. I couldn't have any outside interaction or he'd cut off all contact with me for days and even weeks. Silent treatment to the extreme. He always accused me of being cold and not tending to his feelings enough. Frankly, i felt like his mother. I always had to reassure him. I'm not sure if all infp's are that insecure, but i couldn't handle it. I ended up cheating on him and that was that. Entirely TOO much drama. I always felt judged by him for some reason. When things first started, I thought I had everything in common with him..more in common with most others I've met but that quickly changed. I never really felt close to him. Things got boring fast. Wouldn't do it again.
    you got one that definitely ended up developmentally retarded. i'd imagine most infps that have shitty childhoods end up similarly unless they're medicated. you should have bitch-slapped him a couple times, he probably would have liked it and maybe it would have led to interesting things, LOL

    i've never been in a relationship with istps but I have a couple as acquaintences and we seem to enjoy each other's company in groups. one -on-one sometimes it's awkward unless we have something we can do together and focus one i.e. video game
    INFp-Ni

  4. #4
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh he was medicated and was still the most narcissistic screwed up person i've probobly ever met. The bitch slapping was tempting but he probobly would have went into hiding for months. Strange person he was. Not saying all infps are that way...I think he was "special".

  5. #5
    misutii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    Oh he was medicated and was still the most narcissistic screwed up person i've probobly ever met. The bitch slapping was tempting but he probobly would have went into hiding for months. Strange person he was. Not saying all infps are that way...I think he was "special".
    no i totally see where you're coming from. if my ENTp friend didn't socialize me in high school i probly would have ended up the same way

    have you ever heard of those flagellants from midieval times that spent their lives walking from town to town whipping themselves? lol those were probably mostly infps
    INFp-Ni

  6. #6
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^ above post

    But yeah... never been in a relship with an ISTp or know any ISTp males but the ISTp female I know... we hate eachother basically... enough said.

    Superego = not great.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  7. #7
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think the majority of my boyfriends have been istp


    3/5 anyways

    i like um for the most part obviously...im not sure what makes us not work as a couple...but most of them had low self esteem and needed me to have high self esteem, but i was only 15-16...lol
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Delta
    Posts
    150
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misutii
    i've never been in a relationship with istps but I have a couple as acquaintences and we seem to enjoy each other's company in groups. one -on-one sometimes it's awkward unless we have something we can do together and focus one i.e. video game
    Hmmm, yea I can see that.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    But yeah... never been in a relship with an ISTp or know any ISTp males but the ISTp female I know... we hate eachother basically... enough said.

    Superego = not great.



    Thanks guys

    ...erm, anyone else?
    How about parent-child? or coworkers/boss-employee? or any other relationship really...
    9w1

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Err. My boyfriend is ISTp. And a friend of ours is INFp.
    The INFp is closer to me, and often complains about how cold & emotionless my boyfriend is.
    They're very quiet around each other.

    Edit: O. And I remember once, my INFp friend got really pissed off with my boyfriend because he thinks that my boyfriend is too cold & uncaring toward me. He even said he felt like beating my bf up?
    I don't think all INFps view ISTps this way though.

    Edit: Let me correct that. My INFp friend thinks my ISTp bf is using me. My bf thinks my INFp friend over-sensitive and an emotional wreck. No idea why they seem to think of each other that way. The relationship between them seems kinda strained.
    Not very obvious, but I can see that.
    INTp
    sx/sp

  10. #10
    Grek0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    114
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misutii
    you should have bitch-slapped him a couple times, he probably would have liked it and maybe it would have led to interesting things.
    No you silly, those are the mazochistic INFjs you are talking about, not INFps

    lol
    INTJ [mbti]
    INTp [socionics]

    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

    -Robert A. Heinlein

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •