Thread: the Moves, who's got em and why?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default the Moves, who's got em and why?

My esfj daughter can come up with dance moves on a dime. She just listens to music (from any era) and can come up with moves that look great. She's had only a year of dance lessons and is currently only taking acrobatics.....what do we think, Si, creative?

Other ideas about peeps who can move their bodies and look good.....

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol not me
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, me neither, i'm kinda like elaine dancing, lol.

ILE

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Def-o not me either O__o

I've wondered about this too.. and I have come to the conclusion that Se is generally very good at body movements, can naturally learn such things..

Not sure about the whole ESFj thing then. I know ESFjs that aren't very good at dancing, but ESFps are really amazing at just watching someone dance and picking up moves real quick.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Def-o not me either O__o

I've wondered about this too.. and I have come to the conclusion that Se is generally very good at body movements, can naturally learn such things..

Not sure about the whole ESFj thing then. I know ESFjs that aren't very good at dancing, but ESFps are really amazing at just watching someone dance and picking up moves real quick.
    I disagree, I've observed that some of the best dancers are ESFjs. Being a good dancer involves flowing in tune with the feeling of the music. Also, you mentioned not every ESFj is good at dancing and that applies to ESFps as well. body movements may be more useful with sports, but have less of an impact on something that depends more on timing and flowing with the music.

P.S. - When I dance, I just make move randomly in hopes of doing something right when in reality I'm simply making a fool of myself.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFjs dancing =
    <----

Or at least the possibility of making me smile.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think dancing may be Se and Si related, but not type restricted.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N people seem to clumsy to dance and might space out. People who rip their shirts off because they are too lazy to unbutton them are not good at dancing. F is also important, because T people move too rigidly, trying to cover up any irrationality and nonverbal expression of self.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I would need to be completely comfortable in Fe Si terms to do well in dancing that was not very formal.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fever
    nah, i don't think it has to do with type. i think it probably comes easier if u've been involved in sports... your foot coordination seems better.

i remember my team making me do this belly-roll/booty-shake dance right b4 a game for luck! it was craaaazy!! but it's also why this INFj never gets drunk... cuz i'd probably be dancing naked on the tables or something!!
    I would suggest INFjs be very wary about getting drunk.
    They are submissive enough to others whims as it is...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is not my place to discuss such things, especially given the EII's leading function... though I will state that on more than one account, incidents of great impropriety had occurred to an EII during an intoxicated state. (Especially in regard to social pressures)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fever
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    They are submissive enough to others whims as it is...
    do ya think? i don't... but maybe i'm just the b*tchy type.
    Damn, I spent about 7 minutes creating a well-crafted response, which involved: the third section of the INFj description of this site; personal insights; duality implications; and even a comparison to ESEs in a different sense.

But it's lost now, and it is late for me.
    Goodnight.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: the Moves, who's got em and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze8
    My esfj daughter can come up with dance moves on a dime. She just listens to music (from any era) and can come up with moves that look great. She's had only a year of dance lessons and is currently only taking acrobatics.....what do we think, Si, creative?

Other ideas about peeps who can move their bodies and look good.....
    I am very good at it. I don't know how I do it just comes out naturally. I have perfect rythm too. Ok sorry for the lack of modesty but it's just true feet movement comes a bit easier than arms', some warmup is needed for them. The types that i've usually seen being good @ dancing are all the sfs and the enfps; isfx are usually the sexiest dancers. INFps are good at ballet. This is valid for the girls.

The guys, usually ISFps ISTps and ESTps.

I'm much better at dancing than at sports. In sports I sometimes lack effectivness (read: i do tricks that look good but are completely useless to score)

It is not my place to discuss such things, especially given the EII's leading function... though I will state that on more than one account, incidents of great impropriety had occurred to an EII during an intoxicated state. (Especially in regard to social pressures)
    Hey if she made out with a guy and had fun doing it it's not much of a problem! Good for both, don't you think?

When I dance, I just make move randomly in hopes of doing something right when in reality I'm simply making a fool of myself.
    Just feel the rythm! Don't you tap your fingers to the rythm when you listen to a song? Same thing with dancing, just you tap the whole body
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's Si related, which means that Se-ego types (with Si in id) are good in it too.

I am no good at all and I deeply dislike it. I only dance for the sake of female partners.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not horrid at dancing, but i'd probably pass on it if asked. something like expat said, i'd do it for the sake of my partner.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se people arent always great dancers, they seem to be good at making static poses, but when it comes to movement they memorize separate motions and string them together, so its a bit akward during the transitions. But I suppose if you were an intp or entj you might still find that to be sexy. The question is... what is high quality dancing? Is it conforming to a specific style, or is it honest expression of self through motion.
    -Slava

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    But I suppose if you were an intp or entj you might still find that to be sexy. The question is... what is high quality dancing? Is it conforming to a specific style, or is it honest expression of self through motion.
    The more you can do both without sacrificing the other, the better. Also the dancing we are describing now I doubt it is stylized. The best stylized dancers I've seen are ISFJ and ENFJ

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N people seem to clumsy to dance and might space out. People who rip their shirts off because they are too lazy to unbutton them are not good at dancing. F is also important, because T people move too rigidly, trying to cover up any irrationality and nonverbal expression of self.

Word. I can't dance for shit.

Plenty of Si, but too much Te.
    ; 5w6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think entp's are good dancers just out of observation.They're very creative and can get into the flow of the groove so good it amazes me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baydog
    i think entp's are good dancers just out of observation.They're very creative and can get into the flow of the groove so good it amazes me.
    Unless they are low on activation function. Ive danced before and then run out of Fe and got pissed off and my movement lost their F sinserity.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, according to Snoop Dogg, having moves is related to being black.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Well, according to Snoop Dogg, having moves is related to being black.
    haha, not so sure i don't disagree.

my daughter when we dance together (with the shades drawn, of course) is always telling me to tone it down, telling me more specificly what needs to be moved (hips, mom. not butt.) lol.

i guess i really think moves are Si and by default, Se.

ILE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine a black ESFj, thats gotta be the ultimate dancing.
    -Slava

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both ISFps and ESFjs are generally awesome dancers. IME ESFjs tend more toward popular music/hip-hop-type stuff, whereas ISFps like dancing to more elegant/obscure music like ballet. Si is good for remembering complex dance routines.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exlax baby!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think having the "moves"/ good rhythm etc is definately a thing, but types who can access or value are often good too. From what I can remember of the last christmas party the ESTjs looked really rigid and stiff on the dance floor and their just did not help but at least they tried. and (timing/patterns) contribute in different but equal ways to being a good dancer.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    I think having the "moves"/ good rhythm etc is definately a thing, but types who can access or value are often good too. From what I can remember of the last christmas party the ESTjs looked really rigid and stiff on the dance floor and their just did not help but at least they tried. and (timing/patterns) contribute in different but equal ways to being a good dancer.
    I agree with this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I used to go clubbing a lot I have noticed many patterns in information elements and dancing abilities.

I agree that the combination of makes the best dancers. My ESFJ ex was awesome at dancing.

In general / thinking types have smooth moves but something about it seems...robotic...or not working together.

Se people arent always great dancers, they seem to be good at making static poses, but when it comes to movement they memorize separate motions and string them together, so its a bit akward during the transitions.
    I find this to be a very astute observation, although I have seen this in thinking types as well (ESTJs, ISTps).

In general / intuitive types have an artistic style that goes with the music but looks slightly uncoordinated or out of control.

> , >

As for us NT types...well...we're fuckin hopeless
    ENTj

"A conscience does not prevent sin. It only prevents you from enjoying it..."

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."
    - Thomas E Lawrence

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we are fuckin hopeless lol

ILE