Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Semi-duality Relations [description from socion.info]

Taken from: http://socion.info/TYPOLOGY%20DESCRIPTIONS/index.html

A clear explanation of semi-duality
    By Reuben McNew [ENTp]

When semi-dual partners first meet each other, there can be an odd magnetic attraction between them; one or both could feel an odd similar or familiar element about the other. Sometimes their minds may even play tricks on each other, causing them to mistakenly think that they have known each other from long ago. As each begin talking with the other, semi-duals usually find many interesting things to speak about or to do together; there may even be odd common manifestations of similar patterns of bahaviour shared among the partners.

While the semi-dual partners may be at first convinced for a period of time that they can be friends or have a relationship of sorts, things usually take a turn for the worse. Semi-dualism typically manifest itself in a repulsive attraction, one of which draws the partners together to repel them apart. Even though there is a common element between them, there is always something one does to drive the other off. However, the offended partner may often never completely communicate the problems of the matter leaving the other confused; some sort of peace usually developes and the partners remain on good terms for a while, maybe even forgetting past troubles.

Usually the first manifestation of final repulsion and seperation in a semi-dual relationship occcurs when one of the partners, usually the extrovert, excitedly greets the other after a short time away. However, the resulting lukewarm response could suck the excitement right out of him, leaving sudden awe and dissapontment; perhaps the moment could be compared to the odd deading shock of riding a rollercoaster that stops suddenly in mid-air. Sometimes partners may even go through a slow and sudden period of appearing to 'blow the other off' or ignoring each other. Though partners may continue to make attempts to know the other, each time leads to another stumble. In the end, semi-dual relationships almost always fade away, as each partner comes to the conclusion that there is nothing more to be done and move on with their lives.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those of you who have experienced semi-dual relations, would you say this is correct for you?

The reason I say this is because this is how I have experienced semi-dualism.

Please share or comment ...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seemed kinda ENTp slanted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's eerily identical to a rather intense entp-istp experience i had. wonder if it holds similar to other semi dual relationships.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trey
    that's eerily identical to a rather intense entp-istp experience i had. wonder if it holds similar to other semi dual relationships.
    I am wondering that too, because I based it almost entirely on the experiences I had with an ISTp I know.