Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: Video that demonstrates Ne Ti and maybe Te Ni

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Video that demonstrates Ne Ti and maybe Te Ni

    This is pretty much how I see the physical world around me (minus the abstract associations and personality auras)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBvaHZIrt0o

    Now that I haved watched it 10 times, I'm thinking its more Te Ni
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  2. #2
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is more Te than Ne, and with as much Si as Ni.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ne and Ti would be very similar except there would be a different focus on decision making and a different way of drawing things... structural details would be interpolated based on functional possibilities among other differences.
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    whatever it is, it's one of the most visually interesting music videos i've seen in a very long time.

  5. #5
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    This is more Te than Ne, and with as much Si as Ni.
    OMFG!!!!11!!!1!!! Slava is !
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  6. #6
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So you mean that Te is about the large-scale perispective of what is happening?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    This is more Te than Ne, and with as much Si as Ni.
    OMFG!!!!11!!!1!!! Slava is !


    I dunno but that would be...... profitable
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    So you mean that Te is about the large-scale perispective of what is happening?
    Te is compartmentalization/organization of reality in a top down manner. Starting from the most general and going down to the details. Ni allows these structures to be animated and associated conceptually... like when the video went from a burger to a cow, and then to milk.
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  9. #9
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    So you mean that Te is about the large-scale perispective of what is happening?
    Te is compartmentalization/organization of reality in a top down manner. Starting from the most general and going down to the details. Ni allows these structures to be animated and associated conceptually... like when the video went from a burger to a cow, and then to milk.
    Well but for some examples there seems to be an opposite direction....like when she starts the computer and then you see how it is connected with the other computers (that would be Ti i guess), which is of course downtop, then you can again go topdown on another computer, even though it might have different basic components and so the Ti would be uselss.etc
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    So you mean that Te is about the large-scale perispective of what is happening?
    Te is compartmentalization/organization of reality in a top down manner. Starting from the most general and going down to the details. Ni allows these structures to be animated and associated conceptually... like when the video went from a burger to a cow, and then to milk.
    Well but for some examples there seems to be an opposite direction....like when she starts the computer and then you see how it is connected with the other computers (that would be Ti i guess), which is of course downtop, then you can again go topdown on another computer, even though it might have different basic components and so the Ti would be uselss.etc
    Maybe its her function of personal knowledge :-) ... im jk.,.. but who knows... i think this video makes her out to be a super human a bit... but its not too far fetched, just more limited for most people... and it doesnt even convey her sensory information. But comon, we all know that women can't think
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  11. #11
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    So you mean that Te is about the large-scale perispective of what is happening?
    Te is compartmentalization/organization of reality in a top down manner. Starting from the most general and going down to the details. Ni allows these structures to be animated and associated conceptually... like when the video went from a burger to a cow, and then to milk.
    Well but for some examples there seems to be an opposite direction....like when she starts the computer and then you see how it is connected with the other computers (that would be Ti i guess), which is of course downtop, then you can again go topdown on another computer, even though it might have different basic components and so the Ti would be uselss.etc
    Maybe its her function of personal knowledge :-) ... im jk.,.. but who knows... i think this video makes her out to be a super human a bit... but its not too far fetched, just more limited for most people... and it doesnt even convey her sensory information. But comon, we all know that women can't think
    that's why they have invented computers, to make them feel smart while men play with videogames
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  12. #12
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    So you mean that Te is about the large-scale perispective of what is happening?
    Te is compartmentalization/organization of reality in a top down manner. Starting from the most general and going down to the details. Ni allows these structures to be animated and associated conceptually... like when the video went from a burger to a cow, and then to milk.
    Well but for some examples there seems to be an opposite direction....like when she starts the computer and then you see how it is connected with the other computers (that would be Ti i guess), which is of course downtop, then you can again go topdown on another computer, even though it might have different basic components and so the Ti would be uselss.etc
    I think it's Te mainly because it shows how the world really works, that is, it's describing factual information. Sure, it also shows how that factual information is connected logically, which is also Ti, but there isn't a visible Ti logic to the video as a whole, or if there is, it's not the main idea.

    So I'd say that it's Te>Ti, but Te using Ti as well, which is usually the case.

    There is Ni in the sense of sequential processes, in small things, but it's also about details of what is happening in a given moment, which is more Si.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So then u must also agree with me that she is el diablo?
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  14. #14
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought it was Ti in that everything is broken down into a structure.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  15. #15
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    So then u must also agree with me that she is el diablo?
    I think so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze8
    I thought it was Ti in that everything is broken down into a structure.
    It is Ti giving structure to Te information.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Video has heavy

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In fact, it seems like Ti and weak Ni feeding Fi.

    There's Si in there too, but it seems insignificant.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know if the Fi is strong or weak, though.

  19. #19
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I watched it and saw an argument for just about every function... to me it didn't seem worth commenting on.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze8
    I thought it was Ti in that everything is broken down into a structure.
    Your totally right, Ti does that but Te utilizes it and sees with it.
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  21. #21
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If I can identify it correctly, it's likethe Sims, and it seems to me that it is Te.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  22. #22
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Its' interesting, at my high school we used to have a time zone clock identical to the one at begining of the video. The headmaster was ENTP with heavy ISFJ influence (probably his mother).
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  23. #23
    Éminence grise mikemex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Third Planet
    TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Posts
    1,631
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Get back, pack of wolves!

    That's Ni. It's just describing how many systems work, without taking any decision on them (jugement). The only moment in which I see taking a decision is when taking the train, and that's Te.

    I also see the world in that way, by the way.

    I was once talking to a person about alternative energy sources and this person was reluctant to accept that the best way is to get it from sea waves.

    I replied that all the energy we use come from nuclear reactions. The wind for example, exists because the sun's reaction radiate energy, heating the earth, making one side is warm, one side is cold, and there is a constant flux of air between them to transfer the heat and stabilize the system.

    Oil is exactly the same. The energy radiated from the sun is used by plants to turn simple substances into complex ones. When we burn oil, we simply release the energy that was acumulated before on the substance. Thus, wind and oil and such, are just vehicles of the energy we get from the sun.

    Neither solar cells or wind is the best way to collect it, though. The best way is thourhg the sea waves, because water has much more mass than air. The air moves the water in vast extensions of surface (3/4 of earth is sea), concentrating it. So one square meter of sea has about the same energy potential as 1000 square meters used in wind mills.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

    You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

  24. #24
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikemex
    Get back, pack of wolves!

    That's Ni. It's just describing how many systems work, without taking any decision on them (jugement). The only moment in which I see taking a decision is when taking the train, and that's Te.

    I also see the world in that way, by the way.
    1)Either it is Ni, and you are Ni, and that is the way Ni sees the word

    or

    2)You are Ne, and that is Ne, and that is the way you see the world

    it cannot be Ni and the way you see the world.

    Moreover, Te is NOT equal to "taking decisions". You should imprint in your mind the real meaning of functions before startint to place judgement (in this case, yes) so easily.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  25. #25
    Éminence grise mikemex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Third Planet
    TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Posts
    1,631
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    1)Either it is Ni, and you are Ni, and that is the way Ni sees the word

    or

    2)You are Ne, and that is Ne, and that is the way you see the world

    it cannot be Ni and the way you see the world.

    Moreover, Te is NOT equal to "taking decisions". You should imprint in your mind the real meaning of functions before startint to place judgement (in this case, yes) so easily.
    Again, pointing false contradictions. As an ENFp, I can use both Ne and Ni naturally:

    This function, known as the observant function, the function of personal knowledge, or often merely the seventh function, is a strong but unconscious function. One generally has a good grasp of this function, but attempts to limit its use considerably.
    Ne is different by the way. Ne is associative; it takes an information element, decomposes it into factors and stores a list of the factors that are associated to such information element. This way, the information element is always linked to others who share properties. This is the reason why Ne types find it easy to imagine what something can be applied to.

    Te is relevance logic. Using Te you can discard superfluous information elements. One use for it is to increase efficiency by focusing on the most relevant only. But there is more in Te than that.

    You should stop repeating what you don't understand like a parrot. I admit that you're good at derive conclusions from the existing system, but at conceptializing you're a good plumber.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

    You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Te isn't logic, Te is visualization and organization of data, projected onto the external environment, using top down contextual containers. The logic is just moving the boxes around and finding commonalities and patterns between categories or structural form. In this video the woman externally projects categorical information and is able to visualize the detail and animate the concept... this is of course a video however, so the animations and detail might just be a result of embelishment and clearity. There is not much organized with context and assocations, although there seems to be subtle and non-Ne like associations... like burger meat becoming part of a cow. Ne wouldnt transform the meat into a large section of the cow like that. Ne would probably reverse the meat making process rather than make non-realistic connections to define cross context associations.
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  27. #27
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Cool video. It's definitely Te, Si, Ni, and Ti. It's also a music video.

    by the way, that has to be the worst royksopp song.
    asd

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •