Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Help me figure out what's going on

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Help me figure out what's going on...

    Occasionally I'll go through periods where I'll get anxious and on edge. I usually go a couple of days or so thinking this is just a regular mood swing, but then I realize that there's something bothering me; something on my mind.

    It's almost as if my subconscious notices/realizes something and begins working on figuring it out or solving it, and I'm stuck with it on the tip of my tongue until my subconscious solves the problem, and then my conscious mind realizes what my subconscious has been working on. Usually I can look back and see all the clues and data that my subconscious was picking up on to work with (sort of like a "hindsight is 20/20" thing).

    I've come to some pretty interesting revelations this way before. This process is how I figured out my (now ex-)wife was cheating on me.



    What functions would be responsible for this sort of thing? and ?
    ; 5w6

  2. #2
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you are perhaps it was

  3. #3
    he died with a felafel
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    326
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Help me figure out what's going on...

    Quote Originally Posted by napalm
    Occasionally I'll go through periods where I'll get anxious and on edge. I usually go a couple of days or so thinking this is just a regular mood swing, but then I realize that there's something bothering me; something on my mind.

    It's almost as if my subconscious notices/realizes something and begins working on figuring it out or solving it, and I'm stuck with it on the tip of my tongue until my subconscious solves the problem, and then my conscious mind realizes what my subconscious has been working on. Usually I can look back and see all the clues and data that my subconscious was picking up on to work with (sort of like a "hindsight is 20/20" thing).

    I've come to some pretty interesting revelations this way before. This process is how I figured out my (now ex-)wife was cheating on me.



    What functions would be responsible for this sort of thing? and ?
    can't offer much of anexplanation, but i've noticed this in myself...I'm not and istp tho - It might be Ne too, but for some reason i'm inclined to think that Ni makes more sense

  4. #4
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Common to logical types that perceive something wrong going on in the feelings realm but they cannot put their fingers on precisely what it is.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  5. #5
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Help me figure out what's going on...

    Quote Originally Posted by napalm
    Occasionally I'll go through periods where I'll get anxious and on edge. I usually go a couple of days or so thinking this is just a regular mood swing, but then I realize that there's something bothering me; something on my mind.

    It's almost as if my subconscious notices/realizes something and begins working on figuring it out or solving it, and I'm stuck with it on the tip of my tongue until my subconscious solves the problem, and then my conscious mind realizes what my subconscious has been working on. Usually I can look back and see all the clues and data that my subconscious was picking up on to work with (sort of like a "hindsight is 20/20" thing).
    yeah, I've had a whole lot of experiences like this... fortunately my boyfriend understands when and why I'm upset better than I do
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  6. #6
    he died with a felafel
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    326
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Common to logical types that perceive something wrong going on in the feelings realm but they cannot put their fingers on precisely what it is.
    i don't see how this is common to logical types - it is prolly common to all types perceiving sth wrong in the feelings realm i mean, not being a logical type doesn't necessarily mean that you always KNOW what the hell is happening in the "feelings realm"

  7. #7
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Common to logical types that perceive something wrong going on in the feelings realm but they cannot put their fingers on precisely what it is.
    i don't see how this is common to logical types - it is prolly common to all types perceiving sth wrong in the feelings realm i mean, not being a logical type doesn't necessarily mean that you always KNOW what the hell is happening in the "feelings realm"
    Oh, I actually though that feeling types were more confident in the evalutation and wouldn't just get a vague feeling of something being wrong, but be able to adress it more directly. So, I didn't mean that F types were worse at it - but better.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have u ever seen a T person bullied by an F person before? It's pretty interesting, the t person laughs at him/herself as he/she is being degraded and loosing F status, and then they are like... whats going on, wow I feel sick, or, I am sleepy and dizy.. or ... guys what just happened? This is what happens when people ignore an aspect of reality that is opposite of how they utilize their brain consciously. There is a lot of F behind why and how the go forms and why our own mind sometimes works against us for the integrity of something greater than us.
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Common to logical types that perceive something wrong going on in the feelings realm but they cannot put their fingers on precisely what it is.
    i don't see how this is common to logical types - it is prolly common to all types perceiving sth wrong in the feelings realm i mean, not being a logical type doesn't necessarily mean that you always KNOW what the hell is happening in the "feelings realm"
    Oh, I actually though that feeling types were more confident in the evalutation and wouldn't just get a vague feeling of something being wrong, but be able to adress it more directly. So, I didn't mean that F types were worse at it - but better.
    I've seen this happen to F types too, where a lot of T is used.
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  10. #10
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    Have u ever seen a T person bullied by an F person before? It's pretty interesting, the t person laughs at him/herself as he/she is being degraded and loosing F status, and then they are like... whats going on, wow I feel sick, or, I am sleepy and dizy.. or ... guys what just happened? This is what happens when people ignore an aspect of reality that is opposite of how they utilize their brain consciously. There is a lot of F behind why and how the go forms and why our own mind sometimes works against us for the integrity of something greater than us.
    Eheh. I always love your insights.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  11. #11
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    Have u ever seen a T person bullied by an F person before? It's pretty interesting, the t person laughs at him/herself as he/she is being degraded and loosing F status, and then they are like... whats going on, wow I feel sick, or, I am sleepy and dizy.. or ... guys what just happened? This is what happens when people ignore an aspect of reality that is opposite of how they utilize their brain consciously. There is a lot of F behind why and how the go forms and why our own mind sometimes works against us for the integrity of something greater than us.
    Eheh. I always love your insights.
    so do i. in confrontation, with some F types, when i am absolutely totally at a loss for words, my gut reaction is to laugh to myself (not at myself, though) when i have absolutely no idea how else to respond.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It gets ugly when the prolonged laughter runs out (6th function realizes its being drained non stop) and the victim breaks out into tears. This is seen often in elementary schools due to a weak mutual ethical conditioning... but then later on the F people sexually neglect those who are assholes (those that collect emotional garbage, and then dump it unethically onto the world, thus having the same function as the anus of an entity) to F rules (dont do to others as u dont want done to you), and bullies eventually run into bigger bullies.

    Tip: avoid snobby rich powerful intellectuals who are in opposing quadras in greater numbers at some sort of social event. and beneficiaries.
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  13. #13
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Help me figure out what's going on...

    Quote Originally Posted by napalm
    Occasionally I'll go through periods where I'll get anxious and on edge. I usually go a couple of days or so thinking this is just a regular mood swing, but then I realize that there's something bothering me; something on my mind.

    It's almost as if my subconscious notices/realizes something and begins working on figuring it out or solving it, and I'm stuck with it on the tip of my tongue until my subconscious solves the problem, and then my conscious mind realizes what my subconscious has been working on. Usually I can look back and see all the clues and data that my subconscious was picking up on to work with (sort of like a "hindsight is 20/20" thing).

    I've come to some pretty interesting revelations this way before. This process is how I figured out my (now ex-)wife was cheating on me.



    What functions would be responsible for this sort of thing? and ?

    That process is in my opinion.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  14. #14
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    Have u ever seen a T person bullied by an F person before? It's pretty interesting, the t person laughs at him/herself as he/she is being degraded and loosing F status, and then they are like... whats going on, wow I feel sick, or, I am sleepy and dizy.. or ... guys what just happened? This is what happens when people ignore an aspect of reality that is opposite of how they utilize their brain consciously. There is a lot of F behind why and how the go forms and why our own mind sometimes works against us for the integrity of something greater than us.
    Slava is F status as you put it Fi or Fe?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  15. #15
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fe would be group status and Fi would be relationship status.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  16. #16
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, i think what you have described is pretty normal for all humans. As an intuitive with less it often takes me a long time for stress / sadness to build into physical symptoms. I will feel ok then suddenly i feel anxious, out of energy(any multitude of things).

    I will normally then think about whats causing it and can put it down to something. I haven't been exercising, sleeping badly or recently i realise that i actually do get nervous when i have to undertake something new soon.

    Slava are you saying you should avoid your beneficiary?
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  17. #17
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Help me figure out what's going on...

    Quote Originally Posted by napalm
    Occasionally I'll go through periods where I'll get anxious and on edge. I usually go a couple of days or so thinking this is just a regular mood swing, but then I realize that there's something bothering me; something on my mind.

    It's almost as if my subconscious notices/realizes something and begins working on figuring it out or solving it, and I'm stuck with it on the tip of my tongue until my subconscious solves the problem, and then my conscious mind realizes what my subconscious has been working on. Usually I can look back and see all the clues and data that my subconscious was picking up on to work with (sort of like a "hindsight is 20/20" thing).

    I've come to some pretty interesting revelations this way before. This process is how I figured out my (now ex-)wife was cheating on me.
    Wow, interesting. I notice this alot with myself. I wasn't sure if I was suffering from some sort of bipolar episode or what not. I've been having very intense mood swings as of late. The more I stop and think about what leads up to those episodes, I can always pinpoint the exact moment my mood switches and why. It's pretty interesting...I'm starting to understand the cause of my moods a little more lately. Before I'd just try to surpress it until they boiled over and I broke down and never knew the reason why.


    Or maybe I'm just pregant....er

  18. #18
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slava

    Tip: avoid snobby rich powerful intellectuals who are in opposing quadras in greater numbers at some sort of social event. and beneficiaries.
    Sound like a challenge to try.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Help me figure out what's going on...

    Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel

    anyway, again, i don't think this makes sense for logical types only...i have seen this in myself. again, as i said b4 (and also agree with Dio) this might be Ni...as the function that "foresees" that sth's about to happen. All theclues are there, we simply aren't able to put them all together. This is a source of extreme stress to me (and other types i believe) and it prolly manifests mainly intypes whose Ni isn't neither base nor creative function. At moments like that, I personally feel that the situation's getting out of hand and that there is nothing i can do to change it. I get overly pessimistic, knowing that shit's about to happen, but don't know what and when yet..

    Oooh, that SO describes how I'm feeling these past days. I've been feeling very cynical, angry, and hopeless lately.
    ; 5w6

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •