Thread: Type these philosophy conferences

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type these philosophy conferences

Please type theatmosphere of the conferences shown inthese photo albums. They are from philophy gatherings. It might be possible to find out if philosophy is INTJ or INTp.

http://consc.net/photos.html
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a Swedish novel writer and physician with philosophical interests. Very likely INTj:

Swedish moral philosopher in the analytic tradition. Determinist who doesn't believe in free will. Almost certainly an INTp:

Swedish philosopher in the continental tradition. Relativist and an expert on Heidegger. Almost certainly not an INTp. Maybe INTj, maybe some other type. Rather clearly an introvert:

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Top INFP IMO (or ESFJ)
    Bottom ISTJ IMO

Middle: not sure
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Top INFP IMO (or ESFJ)
    What I said about their types is rather certain. He has a very clear IJ temperament. The only alternative to INTj is INFj, but INTj makes much more sense overall. ESFj is totally out of the question.

Bottom ISTJ IMO
    Perhaps not totally impossible. IJ temperament in his case too.

Middle: not sure
    I am sure. I said INTp, and INTp he is. Any other type is extremely unlikely. I have read him, met him a couple of times, and heard him many times. Everything fits INTp.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phaedrus, do you study philosophy? And what do you think of those pics posted in the link in my post? Does it seem INTP or INTJ?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phaedrus, do you study philosophy?
    I have studied it in periods for some twenty years or so. I am not studying it intensively these days -- but once a philosopher, always a philosopher. Now I am more interested in the types of different philosophers, so I have studied some biographies recently, for example about Immanuel Kant, René Descartes, Karl Popper, and Ludwig Wittgenstein.

And what do you think of those pics posted in the link in my post? Does it seem INTP or INTJ?
    There are too many pics, there are probably too many different types, and I'm not sure what you are after. I have always thought of philosophy as my "home" so to say. Some philosophers think so much like I do that it is hard to imagine that we could be different types. But the general trend has been non-INTp for some decades now -- postmodernism, social constructionism, feminism, and other relativisms. My hypothesis is that you can't remain a relativist for too long (not more than a few years) if you are an INTp and if you continue to think critically about philosophical problems. Your natural home would be among the philosophers and scientists, and hopefully the many new discoveries in biology and neuroscience will reverse the trend again.