Thread: Types and motivation

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Types and motivation

What motivates each type the most? What makes people get out of bed each morning? And what makes them not kill themselves even in the harshest of situations?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hidden agenda from an instinctual PoV; conquering subjective projections of "bad functioning" from the conscious PoV.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Re: Types and motivation

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    What motivates each type the most? What makes people get out of bed each morning? And what makes them not kill themselves even in the harshest of situations?
    1) The struggle for life, I suppose (or music - actually, can I change to music?)
    2) I'm not usually in bed in the morning (otherwise, coffee)
    3) I can never be sure when the harshest sitatuion is + Killing myself would make the situation even more harsh (and I have a fear of the unknown)

EDIT: if you want a funny answer, mix up my respones to the questions.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be impossible to find someone more unmotivated than myself. Only thing that motivates me are other people pushing me to be motivated. As for what prevents me from putting a bullet in my mouth, well, I know that those feelings will pass. Life is too short to kill yourself early...who knows what'll happen tommorow.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    It would be impossible to find someone more unmotivated than myself. Only thing that motivates me are other people pushing me to be motivated. As for what prevents me from putting a bullet in my mouth, well, I know that those feelings will pass. Life is too short to kill yourself early...who knows what'll happen tommorow.
    No that's not true. Remember, that you are an SLI and that you could only be motivated at something when you are truly interested in it. One day, it will come up and you will be hyper-motivated, since it's been stored up for so long. :wink:
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully, haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live for the future, today is only a minor obstacle between me and tomorrow.
    INTp, ILI Logical subtype

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drd252
    I am the same way, but I am starting to realize that it's not a good way to live life. Hm.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    I am the same way, but I am starting to realize that it's not a good way to live life. Hm.
    How is that not good?
    INTp, ILI Logical subtype

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It can make you miss living life in the present. I am getting a little sick of working towards a future that might never come. :wink:
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do it for the puusssssyy
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Good morning to you then:

http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=1616
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    asd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    Exactly

Lately however, I have found a... erm, “motivation”; it’s to become self-sufficiently independent. If it weren’t for certain people I would’ve packed up and left long ago. But I shouldn’t really do that, at least not for the next 3 years . So in the meantime, I’m trying to figure out ways to make my existence a bit more bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    No that's not true. Remember, that you are an SLI and that you could only be motivated at something when you are truly interested in it. One day, it will come up and you will be hyper-motivated, since it's been stored up for so long. :wink:
    Yea, problem is finding that something.
    I guess I could jump into whatever comes along and see how much I like it though.
    9w1

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New stuff.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn straight, Dawg.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    knowing that my life will turn into a pile of mess if i just stay in bed forever. 10 years from now? erkk!

edit:

what makes me not kill myself in the harshest of situations:

the thought of my parents losing a child. imagine after everything that you've invested in this "life" you created, it kills itself and you are beyond comprehension as to why that could have happened. lots of big question marks. lots of anguish.

even if i am no longer "interested" in living this life, there are those who want to see that i continue living it (sisters... some friends) and this is something to look forward to.

lastly... there are other reasons but they need not be said.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another way to motivate myself is thinking "If I do this, I'll have acess to that; since I like that, now I do this, so that I can do that that I like".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Another way to motivate myself is thinking "If I do this, I'll have acess to that; since I like that, now I do this, so that I can do that that I like".
    oh so the things you like to do keep you motivated. That makes sense.
    asd

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But...the future promises nothing, I live only for the present moment, the more you put off fun and things you want hoping to get them in the future the more likely it will never happen and you will lose the game of life. If you can do it now and you want to, do it!
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flower
    But...the future promises nothing, I live only for the present moment, the more you put off fun and things you want hoping to get them in the future the more likely it will never happen and you will lose the game of life. If you can do it now and you want to, do it!
    Maybe a middle ground is better, isn't it?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by flower
    I am the same way, but I am starting to realize that it's not a good way to live life. Hm
    Maybe a middle ground is better, isn't it?
    Well, they is always a balance at work, I could draw out all my money and burn it because my hands are cold, but this thinking is too short term to give the most value to yourself, so yeah, you certainly can think too short term.

I think generally though the more you can weight things for the present the happier you are.
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Going B. Zerk
    Lately however, I have found a... erm, “motivation”; it’s to become self-sufficiently independent. If it weren’t for certain people I would’ve packed up and left long ago. But I shouldn’t really do that, at least not for the next 3 years . So in the meantime, I’m trying to figure out ways to make my existence a bit more bearable.
    it seems to come back to that motivation for me a lot of the time, but it has also been drilled into my head since birth. (;
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be almost completely self-sufficient within 7 months. I might take a year of nursing school and get an LPN so I can work full time every summer and make 10-15 grand for each college year. But damn, that sets me back in terms of a career. It's really all a question of what the hell do I want out of life? I do want to be a surgeon, and with that i'm going to be in school until i'm 30+. Would I prefer a comfortable lifestyle during school or should I work myself to death by taking many credit hours? Will my brain really suck up all this knowledge? How do I find a nice girl? what will we do when i'm poor as hell and she's knocked up? Do I wait to be an old man to have children? Do I continue my life of solitude? Damn the future! And jesus, i still can't grow a beard.
    asd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stefana
    knowing that my life will turn into a pile of mess if i just stay in bed forever. 10 years from now? erkk!
    That's a good motivation you got.
    I could keep that one in mind myself.
    9w1

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah, it's not the money i'm too worried about. I know I can get the money and put it to good use. I'm very good with money. It's the lifestyle that concerns me. I want to work when I have time, and be comfortable and healthy. But my level of rigidity will be hard to maintain with such a workload.
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    I might take a year of nursing school and get an LPN so I can work full time every summer and make 10-15 grand for each college year. But damn, that sets me back in terms of a career.
    It's really all a question of what the hell do I want out of life? I do want to be a surgeon, and with that i'm going to be in school until i'm 30+. Would I prefer a comfortable lifestyle during school or should I work myself to death by taking many credit hours? Will my brain really suck up all this knowledge?
    It's the lifestyle that concerns me. I want to work when I have time, and be comfortable and healthy. But my level of rigidity will be hard to maintain with such a workload.
    Sounds to me like your journey will take you through a number of years that will be rather difficult for you.
    ENTp