Thread: Quadras and Greek Philosophy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quadras and Greek Philosophy

As far as I know a dichotomy exists in society between the underlying philosophies of Aristotle and Plato. Can you now extrapolate a relationship between this dichotomy and the four quadras?

Here's what I came up with:
    Alpha & Gamma = Aristotle
    Beta & Delta = Plato

Discuss...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

State your own arguments for your thesis first, please.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plato: INTJ

Aristotle: INTP

In my opinion.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opinions without arguments or at least some rudimentary explanation of why you think the way you do are rather irrelevant, uninteresting and pointless. What's the point of just stating your opinion? Only through arguments we can have some hope of finding the truth or at least a better understanding of the problems.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Plato: INTJ

Aristotle: INTP

In my opinion.
    I would have guessed exactly the opposite (if one uses small letters for j and p).

Russian Socionists have already typed Socrates (as presented by Plato) as being INTp.

The problem of course is the age old forum discussion of who are the "real" INTjs and INTps.

INTjs in Socionics are supposed to be builders, people who build systems, make assertions, etc. ...like Aristotle. INTps are supposed to be people who come at each new problem afresh with a sort of skepticism, skeptical of any systems or assumed knowledge....like Socrates.

I have to admit I don't know Aristotle that well; I could accept ENTj as another possibility. INTp seems very unlikely according to the "main" school of Socionics, but according to other schools which view INTp as sort of almost the same ENTj, then it's possible.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Quadras and Greek Philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKnight
    As far as I know a dichotomy exists in society between the underlying philosophies of Aristotle and Plato. Can you now extrapolate a relationship between this dichotomy and the four quadras?

Here's what I came up with:
    Alpha & Gamma = Aristotle
    Beta & Delta = Plato

Discuss...
    look at his site.

he would essentially equate alpha and gamma due to SF+NT and vice versa for beta and delta.

completely missing the point of the quadras. i must reject this relationship to aristotle and plato as being completely stupid.