Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: fuck the IJ mindset

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default fuck the IJ mindset

    is it just me or does it seem to be the most deleterious when taken to an extreme? the only thing that I can see that is favorable about it is the ability to regulate the amount of influence others exert on you, the ability to galvanize oneself, the ability to build/tear down very strong associations, and the deviation of mind/uniqueness of thought (which granted can be just as shitty). anyone see any advantages? I think Ji was surpassed by Je over the past 200 years or so but I think that Pe is beginning to take over right now. Comments?

  2. #2
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here is a bunch of very interesting INTJs:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teutonic_Knights
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  3. #3
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know what you mean pedro

    I have nothing to comment on about it right now.



    IJs can use their 'unflappable-ness' to their advantage, if it is harnessed properly. ...but it takes training. Society is shifting to Xe-ness, maybe. I don't really know what to say.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  4. #4
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IMO, the real power of is completely neutralizing everything. Then it's just a matter of doing that and figuring out what you want to do, after everything has been neutralized. There are no extremes or things in the way, no obstacles.

    Sooner or later, "introversion" fades away, and it's just a matter of "well, what do you want to do now?"
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  5. #5
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think the Ixxj mindset is hot.... I'm easily able to get the right IJ person to relax more though. Or rather to worry in the right direction.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    381
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think it is a matter of 'becoming' EJ on the inside, in your resolution of will which gives rise to habits and thus action and mobility. the main drawback to being ij is the lack of pervasiveness.
    lol

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xiuxiu
    i think it is a matter of 'becoming' EJ on the inside, in your resolution of will which gives rise to habits and thus action and mobility. the main drawback to being ij is the lack of pervasiveness.
    Well, sure, once you mature enough to put personal knowledge at the disposal of the base. Then you can link into something "larger" than yourself, into an entire ideosyncracy. But of course, you can never positively influence anybody outside your ideosyncracy in that manner, because they will always be doubtful about your position.

    It's good for responding to attempts by others to coerce you, though.

  8. #8
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Look at the Enneagram
    Type 1 and type 5 both become extroverted with proper growth, either to 7 or 8.

    It is like Expat said in his Egram thread: being more and more comfortable with the static state around you, you can transfer that into extroversion. IME, the more refined (refining in a way that is conducive to growth and progress, and healthy change) you make your static state (which starts as introverted), the more you can carry that into everything else you do.


    ...... as I said:

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    IMO, the real power of is completely neutralizing everything. Then it's just a matter of doing that and figuring out what you want to do, after everything has been neutralized. There are no extremes or things in the way, no obstacles.

    Sooner or later, "introversion" fades away, and it's just a matter of "well, what do you want to do now?"
    It is increasingly becoming this way for me.
    IJ is a building process, more so than other types, and I would say especially so for dominants.


    Speaking for , or more so LIIs, the further you really go into the less differentiations there really are. And if you ever heard of taoism or Buddhism, and understand the notion of "sticking to the middle", that even more so points at this. A lot of it is experiencing it beyond trite theoretical approval.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    745
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: fuck the IJ mindset

    Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    is it just me or does it seem to be the most deleterious when taken to an extreme? the only thing that I can see that is favorable about it is the ability to regulate the amount of influence others exert on you, the ability to galvanize oneself, the ability to build/tear down very strong associations, and the deviation of mind/uniqueness of thought (which granted can be just as shitty). anyone see any advantages? I think Ji was surpassed by Je over the past 200 years or so but I think that Pe is beginning to take over right now. Comments?
    cure for the extreme IJ mindset = get out the door.

  10. #10
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: fuck the IJ mindset

    Quote Originally Posted by stefana
    Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    is it just me or does it seem to be the most deleterious when taken to an extreme? the only thing that I can see that is favorable about it is the ability to regulate the amount of influence others exert on you, the ability to galvanize oneself, the ability to build/tear down very strong associations, and the deviation of mind/uniqueness of thought (which granted can be just as shitty). anyone see any advantages? I think Ji was surpassed by Je over the past 200 years or so but I think that Pe is beginning to take over right now. Comments?
    cure for the extreme IJ mindset = get out the door.
    Get out the door? What, you mean like taking out the screws and hinges of the door?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    745
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: fuck the IJ mindset

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Quote Originally Posted by stefana
    Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    is it just me or does it seem to be the most deleterious when taken to an extreme? the only thing that I can see that is favorable about it is the ability to regulate the amount of influence others exert on you, the ability to galvanize oneself, the ability to build/tear down very strong associations, and the deviation of mind/uniqueness of thought (which granted can be just as shitty). anyone see any advantages? I think Ji was surpassed by Je over the past 200 years or so but I think that Pe is beginning to take over right now. Comments?
    cure for the extreme IJ mindset = get out the door.
    Get out the door? What, you mean like taking out the screws and hinges of the door?
    no, that's not what i meant. and i was lazy in explaining it in many sentences. what i meant was go out once in a while. get something done. don't keep to yourself all the time...

  12. #12
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,614
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: fuck the IJ mindset

    Quote Originally Posted by stefana
    get something done.
    Or get your dual to do it for you.





    (just kidding)

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i'm not asking for a "solution." i have already derived that. i was asking "waht the fuck is beneficial about this?" and "why do we delude ourselves with valuing all mindsets equally when some of them are just shit?" nevermind. i should just talk to myself

  14. #14
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    why do we delude ourselves with valuing all mindsets equally
    is that an IJ thing?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  15. #15
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think Pedro is subconsciously looking for the Fe-ESFj response.

    (semi-kidding)

    anyway, I don't think there is any real better or worse to the functional orderings. You've got to use your own stuff and make it work, and that's that.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  16. #16
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    I think Pedro is subconsciously looking for the Fe-ESFj response.
    Actually that would be a fair assessment.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    is that an IJ thing?
    no it is an /socionics thing. like isfjs are just as valuable as entps or whatever. who knows? maybe they aren't. i think all of the types are shitty? we need to grow beyond this. i guess that is just the nature of social progression though, you have someone noting correlations between different traits and it turns into "such and such behaves in such and such a manner" until it is shown to be false and the system collapses under its own weight and people say "fuck this! it's all bullshit! i'm not going to repeat the cycle." then a new progression starts

  18. #18
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I see it as levels.

    How people commonly use their minds now is relatively captured by socionics. Throw in a study of awareness from a zen or even eckhart Tolle sort of perspective, and you see beyond and below socionics even more clearly. Socionics is relative to the mental constructs we develop through interacting, but in no way is it the end all to everything.

    socionics just addresses one 'level' or one 'stage', imo. one aspect.

    to speak from within socionics, I think it would be hard for people who don't know very well (like ESFjs stereotypically) to find socionics applicable, whereast Ti types can very easily see that socionics is just one aspect, one part of reality so to say. Or one theory attempting to address one part of reality.

    Socionics is a tool. Like any tool, its usefulness is dependent upon the surrounding context.


    And especially relevant to socionics, it is like martial arts practice or any other study: and that is, after you practice and study it, it becomes ingrained in how you view things. You become "Conscious" of it, and it is ingrained even into your processed cosciousness - it becomes a part of you even when you are not thinking about it. But when you get there, the process doesn't stop Your mind simply doesn't shut off working -- !! jobs done, that's all; of course not.

    But then you go on and grow, having that further information inside you. New layers and so on.


    Also, I think in comparisson to our bodies, our mind has developed very fast. And yet.............

    when I look at the people around me, including myself, I see animals, monkeys, apes. Living in their environment. Wearing skins on their backs, tribal patterns. Art History Class, has much really changed? Am I still just acting like every other human that ever was?


    There seems to be a lot of lingering past influence.
    We are exploring a great great deal, and technology has afforded us that possibility. But where we are at, the Sjs and the S levels, the now, is still lingering quite a bit. For the first time ever we have been able to look so far with , and determine where we are in relation to where we could be.


    eh, more later maybe
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  19. #19
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ixxj's make me question myself, while most other types don't phase me. I like them for it. Sorry I can't support the Ij hating
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  20. #20
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's nothing.

    You're just as inconsequential as everyone else.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  21. #21
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clover
    Ixxj's make me question myself, while most other types don't phase me. I like them for it. Sorry I can't support the Ij hating
    What's your type Clover?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •