Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Differences between ILI-INTp and SLI-ISTp

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    Sounds very ISTP to me..I identify with a lot of it.

The mythbusters guy is unbelievably boring. Would be more interesting to watch paint dry.
    Ditto. I like the show, but that guy is boring. He seems more boring when you contrast him with his partner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    Sounds very ISTP to me..I identify with a lot of it.

The mythbusters guy is unbelievably boring. Would be more interesting to watch paint dry.
    Ditto. I like the show, but that guy is boring. He seems more boring when you contrast him with his partner.
    I think the point to pair them is that the ISTp guy is the "professional" guy who always knows what to do and the other guy is the "funny" guy who keeps the audience entertained. It is a contrast setup. I think it works rather well

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INTp vs ISTp in a work environment

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Is very clear in explanations and sometimes painfully accurate
    that is INTP trait...

maybe you could start some filosophical subject. If he knows what you are talking about and uses some really good reasoning skills, and keeps on talking about the subject. he's an INTP. But watch out, ISTP also like those things, but use some strange reasoning, and don't talk to long...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INTp vs ISTp in a work environment

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Is very clear in explanations and sometimes painfully accurate
    that is INTP trait...

maybe you could start some filosophical subject. If he knows what you are talking about and uses some really good reasoning skills, and keeps on talking about the subject. he's an INTP. But watch out, ISTP also like those things, but use some strange reasoning, and don't talk to long...
    I spent a whole day with this person. Partly in a group and partly in a more individual setting. I'm pretty sure of INTp. Te-subtype INTp I would say. Quite good spirited and active and positive INTp but still INTp. I'm not sure if we are identicals...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does he deliberately take things out of context, as his form of humour? And is he critical of plans, thinking of the way things won't work, before glorifying how they will?
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KSpin
    Does he deliberately take things out of context, as his form of humour? And is he critical of plans, thinking of the way things won't work, before glorifying how they will?
    Yes this person is very farsighted and a "negativist" in the sense of always focusing on what could go wrong. However outside this kind of "critical negativism" this person is a rather positive and encouraging person. So a negativist in Reinin sense imho but not negative (as some INTps here who seem like they are suffering from permanent depression). Very cooperative too and not "grumpy" in the sense many INTps here are.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've not seen any grumpy INTps here, except Niffweed.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Creepy-male

Well this isn't a socionics way to tell, but ISTp's are sensors and INTp's are intuitives, so look for that which one is more practical on the job. ISTp's work from task to task without much planning, its always this task then that task and then this task, they can be real work horses like that, and when managing their is little "micro-managment" there style is to simple give the orders task by task. INTp's on the other hand are more strategic and work better towards a long term goal, they will easily lose focus is the tasks are overly sensing based <like something that doesn't require the intuitive brand of thought>. INTp's manage in a behind the scenes way, the will make sure everything is operating towards their goal in a productive efficent way and expect people to take individual responsiblity without having to "babysit".

Now socionics wise: The line of thought of the ISTp is (creative) --> (producing) -- this means they have insights into the logic quality of things in external reality and develop an inner sense of them from which to operate on.

The line of thought of the INTp is (creative) --> (producing) -- this means they also have insights into the logical quality of things in external reality and they develop an inner understanding of the big picture and intercorrelations.

so basically the difference is one is more practical and a problem solver, a task by task worker, troubleshooter, and concerning with the realistic nature of the problem. <ISTp>

the other is more theoretical and speculative and a problem solver also, they work well to a goal (instead of task by task), analyzes/conceptualizes problem (as opposed to troubleshooting), and concerning with the underlying concepts of a problem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KSpin
    I've not seen any grumpy INTps here, except Niffweed.
    Hah. Yes. This INTp reminds me of niffweed. It is like niffweed pumped with some drug that makes you positive or "ungrumpy"

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ILI vs SLI

What are the key differences between these two types? How can you tell the one from the other IRL?

And don't just give me the theoretical (Quadra values etc.) bullshit, give some examples!

Thanks.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one of the key differences is that ILIs have Ni and SLIs have Si.

an example:

there was some situation in which an ILI used Ni. compare that to this other situation in which an SLI used Si. based on this informational analysis the essence of their reactions was very different.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    What are the key differences between these two types? How can you tell the one from the other IRL?

And don't just give me the theoretical (Quadra values etc.) bullshit, give some examples!

Thanks.
    I think one key difference is that the ILI welcomes it when a SEE (whom the ILI trusts and shares goals with) goes into "okay, let's get moving, let's do it" mode - a long as it's something that the ILI also thinks needs to be done, but needs to "borrow" the from the SEE in order to actually get moving and do it.

The SLI does not welcome this kind of thing at all. He'll get moving when he decides he should get moving, and he just ignores (while being a bit annoyed I guess) at someone else's attempts to use on him.

A simple difference -- I think the SLI is much more likely to say things like "relax" or "calm down" or the like, if he thinks that someone is getting too agitated and impatient about something, needlessly so in his view. I think an ILI is much less likely to say things of the sort.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The SLI will have a good awareness of how things like food and drink, rest and work etc. will make them feel. "This glass is really smooth to touch, it makes my hands feel soft and gives them a nice cooling effect!" is not a typical Si statement, but it's the most basic way of describing a thought process of someone using Si. An ILI wouldn't give a shit about this. They'd be thinking "this glass will one day become thinner at the top, and thicker at the bottom, because [Ni with Te] this is the way in which glass moves. It may shatter eventually if someone knocks it over. It will change owners, from pub to pub or from person to person". When Expat and I met in a pub, we talked about Si base people. I asked how I could know if I was an SLI, and he said that if I was a Si ego, I'd probably take pride in lounging around under the sun listening to music and absorbing peaceful, harmonious vibes from my surroundings. An ILI would not feel this way. They'd be averse to this way of spending one's time.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post

Thanks.
    SLIs are almost always doing something that has some physical manifestation or external movement. ILIs are almost always doing nothing (externally), or doing something that has mostly mental manifestations with a very small physical component.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess that explains why i'm always fiddling with whatever I have in my pockets.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I guess that explains why i'm always fiddling with whatever I have in my pockets.
    Maybe confidence thing? It's like that ancient proverb:

Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Maybe confidence thing? It's like that ancient proverb:

Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day
    Haha, never heard that one, but I feel like if I have my hands out, they find themselves touching walls, phones, people's stuff (very rude) and just about anything you can think of.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    SLIs are almost always doing something that has some physical manifestation or external movement. ILIs are almost always doing nothing (externally), or doing something that has mostly mental manifestations with a very small physical component.
    Examples please?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Haha, never heard that one, but I feel like if I have my hands out, they find themselves touching walls, phones, people's stuff (very rude) and just about anything you can think of.
    LOL, I always keep mine busy, that's for sure. Many times people say to me things like "Why are you touching that? What are you doing with your hands now? Stop doing that while we're talking! Why are you playing with that phone, bottle, glass, key, pen, [insert object]...

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    One example in my experience is that INTp's are typically more prone to intellectual arrogance.
    Very true. This is typically a trait in young INTp's, usually lasting into early 30s. After they grow up, this trait usually tones down. And this is not to say that SLI's aren't arrogant either. I conjecture that SLI's tend to be really full of their individuality and "free spirit".
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quirk Satellite Div. View Post
    Very true. This is typically a trait in young INTp's, usually lasting into early 30s. After they grow up, this trait usually tones down.
    Not according to the type descriptions: "As a rule, with the age mind in BALZACS anywhere does not get to, but only it increases in the si­zes. Proportionally to it in it grow malice, witticism and craftiness."

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Not according to the type descriptions: "As a rule, with the age mind in BALZACS anywhere does not get to, but only it increases in the si*zes. Proportionally to it in it grow malice, witticism and craftiness."
    Not anywhere did I say INTp's become less intelligent as they age. Its the arrogance concerning their own intellect.
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quirk Satellite Div. View Post
    Not anywhere did I say INTp's become less intelligent as they age. Its the arrogance concerning their own intellect.
    And isn't their increasing malice a valid counter argument?

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLI vs ILI

what the heck is the difference? Im talking to this girl, and have an extremely hard time deciphering between the two. Ill copy jessicas questions as they seem helpful:

Simple question, how are they different? How are they similar? How would a relationship with an IEE be different with an ILI than with an SLI? What would be some key ways to notice the difference? Should these differences be glaringly obvious? I've tried to go off quadra preferences and what not and I'm still at a loss.

SLI have you ever confused yourself for ILI? If so, why? IEEs, do you also have trouble differentiating between the two?
    Last edited by thePirate; 03-19-2009 at 04:25 AM.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    what the heck is the difference? Im talking to this girl, and have an extremely hard time deciphering between the two. Ill copy jessicas questions as they seem helpful:

Simple question, how are they different? How are they similar? How would a relationship with an IEE be different with an ILI than with an SLI? What would be some key ways to notice the difference? Should these differences be glaringly obvious? I've tried to go off quadra preferences and what not and I'm still at a loss.

SLI have you ever confused yourself for ILI? If so, why? IEEs, do you also have trouble differentiating between the two?
    I actually dont have too much of a problem differentiating between the two normally. Maria for example i would say is an ILI. One is intuitive and one is a sensor and i do find that to be a huge difference in how they hold their bodies and faces. I think i mentioned in another thread that the ILI's ive met are more responsive to my facial flickers and they show their own. When talking to ILI's its just slightly more uncomfortable. I find SLI's to be more steady in their faces. They just dont seem to react to my emotion in the same way. Thats what i like about SLI's, it just calms me to a great extent. SLI's are often like blunter and harder though, ILI's are often a little softer in their dealings with you.

Also there will be differences in what they talk about and the activities they say they are going to do. Im dead tired right now though so i cant give good examples lol.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLIs are calming. ILIs seem a bit nervous to me.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    One is intuitive and one is a sensor and i do find that to be a huge difference in how they hold their bodies and faces. I think i mentioned in another thread that the ILI's ive met are more responsive to my facial flickers and they show their own. When talking to ILI's its just slightly more uncomfortable. I find SLI's to be more steady in their faces. They just dont seem to react to my emotion in the same way. Thats what i like about SLI's, it just calms me to a great extent. SLI's are often like blunter and harder though, ILI's are often a little softer in their dealings with you.
    I like this, this seems accurate..especially the bolded part. More realistic, more down to earth, more perceptive, more aware, more relaxed. It's hard to explain it. It's just that feeling you get when you can tell someone is more grounded in reality. I don't necessarily know if I'm less tense than ILI's.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I like this, this seems accurate..
    hehe thanks. I think Slackermom summed up what i was trying to say better with this

SLIs are calming. ILIs seem a bit nervous to me.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree w/meatburger & Slacker Mom - the body language is different. SLIs just come off with solidity. You can't really differentiate much with hobbies and things because they can both be similar. In fact, most of the stereotypes about SLIs - loves animals, have a good mechanical/technical sense - those actually apply to all the male ILIs I know too. (I don't know enough about the women ILIs to include them)

If you start talking about an idea, they're the first ones to say (in a sense) "Hold your horses." I'll start brainstorming a random idea, a possibility, and they respond with "Weeeell, maybe, but you have to consider X, X, X, X, X...." zillions of reason why it most likely won't work. That was the only thing that bothered me about my father. To me it seemed that he shot down everything, and talked himself out of everything. I guess maybe an SEE would say, "Quit worrying." and taking those things into consideration, would take action? Not entirely sure.

Usually when SLIs shoot something down, they just say, "No. That's too much work." and don't really delve into it much farther. If you press them, they'll respond again with more force. If you press an ILI, they'll bend more.

The ILIs I know are also interested in finance, strategy, economics, politics... again, I've never discussed these topics with the women. Get the guys on those topics, and they practically glow with excitement. This could just be the crowd I know, though.
    IEE

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post

The ILIs I know are also interested in finance, strategy, economics, politics... again, I've never discussed these topics with the women. Get the guys on those topics, and they practically glow with excitement.
    hehe, yeah.

don't get me started on one of those things.

people sometimes get scared since I've got so many opinions on those subjects.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol I think ILIs are really interesting to listen to when they're talking about this stuff. My dad eats the Wall Street Journal for breakfast.
    IEE

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, I forgot I need to go read my plumbing manual and brush up on my mechanical skills and practice my jump shot and go get another pet and sit in a corner alone eating corn puffs and watching the history channel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, I forgot I need to go read my plumbing manual and brush up on my mechanical skills and practice my jump shot and go get another pet and sit in a corner alone eating corn puffs and watching the history channel
    LOL!!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hot.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, I forgot I need to go read my plumbing manual and brush up on my mechanical skills and practice my jump shot and go get another pet and sit in a corner alone eating corn puffs and watch Alex Rodriguez kiss himself in the mirror

INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default this girl - SLI or ILI?

Hmm Is she SLI or ILI? Shes this girl that lives on campus in my building. We talk and get on quite well. Lately we have been talking more at lunch times etc. Today i decided that i would go shopping and i would see how healthy i could be. I had to pick up an Xbox controller for an EII friend so i went to woolworths. When i was looking for a register i saw her behind it so i lined up. I totally forgot she worked there. She said "i thought you were a coles guy?" and im like "i have no allegiance to either supermarket". So we are chatting and she asked what i have been up to. A few days ago she said that we were both booring people who never do anything. So i said to her that i went scuba diving in the morning and hang gliding early afternoon. She laughed but didn't believe me for a second. I think she thought that i might have came there to impress her because of the huge amount of things i purchased, all of it healthy stuff. I bought shit like swordfish, fruit, iced tea and dried apples and apricots lol.

Some people i have trouble telling their type for whatever reason, but i think ILI or SLI are most probable. I have been kind of rating what i know about her:

Picks sports up quickly apparently SLI > ILI
    paying her ILE brother out for his driving SLI > ILI
    Her facebook says she likes the Legend of Zelda ILI > SLI?
    She hangs out with a gamma crowd i think (although there does seem to be a lack of deltas here) ILI > SLI
    She was pretty good friends with an LSE here. SLI > ILI
    Often in pictures shes doing the same smile, and jumping up in the air ILI > SLI?
    Said she is interested in the stockmarket ILI > SLI!!!

I dunno.... One thing i have noticed is when we talk i do this quite rude thing of becomming uninterested every now and then. ILI > SLI? I do the same kind of thing to my ESI mum. Shes quite intelligent and often our conversations do not perfectly gel. I haven't felt any duality really. Still, i have a feeling shes a fan of me and i do like her. After compiling this post my instincts say that she is ILI. Damn it. . I am still not totally convinced. Any ideas on how to tell?
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmm Is she SLI or ILI?

Some people i have trouble telling their type for whatever reason, but i think ILI or SLI are most probable. I have been kind of rating what i know about her:

Picks sports up quickly apparently SLI > ILI agree

paying her ILE brother out for his driving SLI > ILI I don't know about this. Why would that be more indicative of SLI?

Her facebook says she likes the Legend of Zelda ILI > SLI I know both SLIs and ILIs who enjoy video games

She hangs out with a gamma crowd i think (although there does seem to be a lack of deltas here) ILI > SLI Could be suggestive of ILI but could be SLI if its due to a lack of deltas

She was pretty good friends with an LSE here. SLI > ILI Suggests SLI as LSE is their mirror. The ILI is the supervisor for the LSE

Often in pictures shes doing the same smile, and jumping up in the air ILI >SLI? I can't imagine either of these types doing that

Said she is interested in the stockmarket ILI > SLI!!! I know an SLI who's very interested in investing. I associate interest in the stockmarket with , both the SLI and ILI have as their creative function.

I dunno.... One thing i have noticed is when we talk i do this quite rude thing of becomming uninterested every now and then. ILI > SLI?
    I do the same kind of thing to my ESI mum. Shes quite intelligent and often our conversations do not perfectly gel. I haven't felt any duality really.
    Based on this above paragraph, I'd also be more inclined to say ILI.

Still, i have a feeling shes a fan of me and i do like her. After compiling this post my instincts say that she is ILI. Damn it. . I am still not totally convinced. Any ideas on how to tell?
    What appears to be her quadra values? Are they more gamma or delta-like? Don't just go by who she hangs out with? What appears to be her base function? Her role function? Which club description suits her best, ST or NT?
    Last edited by The Exception; 07-08-2009 at 05:05 AM.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

creative Te you mean. I know an SLI who loves Zelda and I know an SLI who is very interested in the stock market. He actually got me into it. And becoming bored .. well, you need to elaborate more on your interactions if you want any valuable feedback.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picks sports up quickly apparently SLI > ILI
    paying her ILE brother out for his driving SLI > ILI
    Her facebook says she likes the Legend of Zelda ILI > SLI?
    Often in pictures shes doing the same smile, and jumping up in the air ILI > SLI?
    Said she is interested in the stockmarket ILI > SLI!!!
    I don't want to come off rude, but none of these things are type related. I can admit that there are some common interests of people within a type to a certain percentage, but it's more of the WHY that indicates type rather than just having the interests.

She hangs out with a gamma crowd i think (although there does seem to be a lack of deltas here) ILI > SLI
    She was pretty good friends with an LSE here. SLI > ILI
    These are better, but also not very good criteria. What I suggest is really concentrating on identifying ways of thinking and seeing things, and ones. Because this is a difference in leading functions, their natural mode of living, or knee jerk observations, will be the most indicative, because the creative function is more of something people "use," while we "live" in our leading function and take it for granted almost.

I dunno.... One thing i have noticed is when we talk i do this quite rude thing of becomming uninterested every now and then. ILI > SLI? I do the same kind of thing to my ESI mum. Shes quite intelligent and often our conversations do not perfectly gel. I haven't felt any duality really. Still, i have a feeling shes a fan of me and i do like her. After compiling this post my instincts say that she is ILI. Damn it. . I am still not totally convinced. Any ideas on how to tell?
    Doesn't seem type related either, could be either you or her personally being boring.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast