Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Subtype and Fav Quadra

I'm being thinking about this...but there might some flaw in my reasoning. Could determining your favourite quadra other than your own be used to determine your subtype? So, if I'm a INTj, and I happen to prefer Delta to Beta, does this make me a subtype?

The flaw in this is that a INTj has stronger than and so should prefer Beta anyway - but I thought I'd post and see what people think :wink:.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer Delta to Beta, and I'm an intuitive subtype.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I guess that disproves the theory then - here's a new one based on current data - 'teh Delta quadra is teh nicest quadra' .

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so why are you talking like you're in Beta?

yes, that's a joke, no reason to get offended, okay ExTps?

edit: and Beta NFs
    SEE

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I guess I get teh overdramatic urge sometimes, so tehre.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm? I'm delta and I hate delta.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Hmm...so in that case, you should love Beta...either that or you hate every type ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    so why are you talking like you're in Beta?

yes, that's a joke, no reason to get offended, okay ExTps?
    Please don't. Thank you.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    Everywhere or just online? What's your favorite quadra?
    SEE

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    Everywhere or just online? What's your favorite quadra?
    Oh, only off-line. On-line deltas are ok. And as for favorite, I've enjoyed being alpha more but on an ethical level I need to condone gammas. Being delta affords moments of happiness in both of those quadras. *shrug*

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you just don't know enough Deltas? It always raises flags for me when people say they don't like their dual or quadra...
    SEE

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you just don't know enough Deltas? It always raises flags for me when people say they don't like their dual or quadra...
    I know enough. It's just that I've been a gamma for an awful lot of time and I used to be very annoyed by some of the delta behaviour of these people. I've grown more accepting of some of these activities of late since I'm engaging in similar actions myself but my friendships with the deltas I know haven't grown anywhere near the level of what I used to have with a number of gammas. It takes time to fully accommodate to a new quadra, you see.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh the dangers of typology
    SEE

Creepy-bg

I don't know if this is the topic or not but here's my list (fav on top, least on bottom) along with the impressions I get from each (disclaimer: I'm doped up so the accuracy of what I say should be held suspect )

-----------------------
    delta and alpha I'd call equals, both feel right but in different ways
    -----------------------
    delta (Most comfortable and relaxing, goals and idiom seems natual to me, generally puts me in a more mellow and honest frame of mind, sometimes can lead to becoming bummed out from too much introstpection and focus on what's wrong or needs to change in society)

alpha (most fun and good feeling, brings out my joker idiot-savant side, get's my head going off in random directions in a good way, after a while though can lead to a shallow "not being my myself" sort of feeling)

------------------------
    beta and gamma are pretty equal as well (same as before, in different ways)
    ------------------------
    beta (can be fun and energizing but eventually leads to problems, regrets, and a slightly sickly "this is wrong" kind of feeling, scandalous)

gamma (sometimes seems shallow and stodgy, when they get energized it's always towards the wrong things (the things that get gammas fired up and active are usually the last things that I'm interrested in, however INTps can say the funniest shit sometimes)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Delta, and I like been part of it. :wink: However, my favorite quadra is Gamma and the topics they talk about.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard for me to break it down by quadras instead of types...

Gamma is my favorite, of course. I've had a lot of ESFp and INTp friends. ESFps are the easiest to be friends with. They seem to seek me out. INTps are adorable but impossible in some ways. And I can't think of a single other ENTj that I've been friends with. Strange. ISFjs are my favorite. My two best boyfriends are ISFj.

Delta's next. ESTjs are very funny and we get along well when we're alone, but we have power struggles if we live together or there are other people around. ENFps are helpful and a good ear. I'll decline to comment on the introverts.

Alpha's next. I like INTjs the most of all of the Alphas. INTjs and I understand eachother and there's a strange sense of kinship, but we value different things. ENTps are interesting but we always seem to end up in fierce debates. ESFjs seem cool at first but get irritating fast (okay, so I admit I'm a little biased here). I don't know that I've ever been close enough to an ISFp to know what I think of them.

Beta comes in last. ESTps are okay... we get along. They seem to show more respect for me than they do most people in a situation where we're around eachother for a while, like work or school. I've never been anything more than a friendly acquaintance to them though. Teenage ESTp females have to be the most annoying people in the whole fucking universe. INFps kick ass for the most part, though some of them take offense too easily. I can get along with ISTjs if they're not in a position of power over me, but they tend to seem closed-minded in a way. I've never really had a chance to be friends with ENFjs because they seem to feel threatened by me right away, and being ENFjs they "retaliate" as if I'm their enemy even though I've never done anything to them. It's quite amusing because they can throw some pretty funny tantrums but can never seem to do any actual damage to me. When they think they're pulling out all the stops they're just making things even more hilarious.

Anyways... I've probably said too much.
    SEE

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I like Deltas best, for obvious reasons. Then, I generally like Gammas better than Alphas. I think it comes down to Fi/Fe differences, so your original theory works in my case, Subterranean. Hanging out with Alphas is like a fun party, but once the party ends, that's it. I make deeper connections with Gammas and keep in touch with them longer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta's next. ESTjs are very funny and we get along well when we're alone, but we have power struggles if we live together or there are other people around. ENFps are helpful and a good ear. I'll decline to comment on the introverts.

; 5w6

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm not totally sure that I know what an INFj is. If I do, they're annoyingly weak. ISTps are cool in that they'll talk business with me and we agree about how annoying and stupid most people are... but then they try to tell me to slow down with stuff that I'm trying to accomplish, but they don't ever actually DO anything. Definitely forget ever trying to start up an actual business with them.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

disclaimer: blah blah blah if I need to tell you that that's just *my* opinion based on my experiences to date, fuck off. you're an idiot.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've never really had a chance to be friends with ENFjs because they seem to feel threatened by me right away, and being ENFjs they "retaliate" as if I'm their enemy even though I've never done anything to them. It's quite amusing because they can throw some pretty funny tantrums but can never seem to do any actual damage to me. When they think they're pulling out all the stops they're just making things even more hilarious.
    You should rephrase this and say: "I never really had a chance to be friends with Kristiina and my interpretation is that she feels threatened by me."

ENFjs don't usually throw tantrums. They have more subtle and dignified ways of getting back at you. The masters of . :wink:
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've experienced this with 3 other ENFjs, two at work and one at school.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Then you mistyped them and they are actually ESFj. This is not typical ENFj behavior.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeah, and when I say "tantrum" I don't mean a regular tantrum, I mean them trying to say something that's meant to "put me in my place" or talking shit about me to other people or trying to get me in trouble with my boss

oh the hilarity
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Then you mistyped them and they are actually ESFj. This is not typical ENFj behavior.
    LOL

could be true, but I think I typed at least two of them correctly

edit: okay fine... I didn't really know them all that well and could have mistook their types amidst all the hilarity
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never really had a chance to be friends with ENFjs because they seem to feel threatened by me right away, and being ENFjs they "retaliate" as if I'm their enemy even though I've never done anything to them. It's quite amusing because they can throw some pretty funny tantrums but can never seem to do any actual damage to me. When they think they're pulling out all the stops they're just making things even more hilarious.
    You should rephrase this and say: "I never really had a chance to be friends with Kristiina and my interpretation is that she feels threatened by me."

ENFjs don't usually throw tantrums. They have more subtle and dignified ways of getting back at you. The masters of . :wink:
    Eh, I've been shouted by ENFjs multiple times because "I don't talk with a low enough voice and I make them nervous!". No doubt about their type

Although, when they are in a good mood, we like each other. Setencies like "ENFjs never throw temper tantrums"...are impossible to verify, eheh.

Anyway, generally, I interact the best with alpha and gamma; alpha on a personal level, gamma on a professional/school level, then delta, then beta.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To answer the original question, one initial major reason for me to "subtype" myself as logical subtype was that I felt closer to ESTj - Delta - rather than ENFj - Beta. Now I'm not sure if that's a sufficient reason, although I still think I'm logical rather than intuitive, for other reasons.

I feel best with Gammas, definitely; both socially and for work. After that, socially, Deltas, although I've often had good ISTj and at least one very good INFp friend. For work it's more complicated. When it's about achieving a common goal quickly, on an individual level, I prefer Betas; but for a company "atmosphere", I much prefer Delta to Beta.

As for Alphas -- it's impossible for me to enjoy an Alpha idea of collective fun, although it works on a one-to-one basis. At work I usually get along with them, with a bit of a problem with ISFps.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp, Fe subtype. If I look purely at the Quadra goals and values, I am most attracted to Alpha, by far.

In practice, my quadra preferences are Beta>Gamma>Alpha>Delta

Betas: If I like the people, these are the most enjoyable relationships of all. If I don’t like them, these are the most volatile and unpleasant.

Gammas: Relationships are generally stable. I can get along with types of this quadra with relative easy even if I don’t like them on a personal level. Best relations for work.

Deltas: zzzzzzz, with the exception of ISTps.

Alphas: I get along well with ISFps and INTjs. I have difficulties communicating with ESFjs and have been unable to establish anything other than a casual acquaintanceship with one... Relationships with ENTps are good in small doses-- the things I like about them quickly become irritating if too much time is spent with them.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm... I've always thought of you as more of a Ni subtype.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm... I've always thought of you as more of a Ni subtype.
    Considering your position on Fe, I am flattered. However, it's only because messageboards provide little stimulation for using it. In person, I'm really like the care bear's second version of hell for those with Fe-poLRs.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    I usually get along pretty well with INFps.

Eh. Not really sure which quadra I prefer.
    I'm Fi subtype. I think I'd prefer gamma over alpha. IME
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Although, when they are in a good mood, we like each other. Setencies like "ENFjs never throw temper tantrums"...are impossible to verify, eheh.
    ENFjs don't usually throw tantrums.

I"m not sure about my subtype (because there are two contradictory descriptions for ENFp), but I am assuming it's intuitive.

I prefer Delta and get along well with all Delta types.
    Next is Gamma and I get along with all Gamma types although INTps and I need to warm up because I find their arrogance annoying and they need time to realize that not everyone is stupid. My two best friends are ESFp.
    Next is Alpha, especially INTjs. I get along with ESFjs, I am ok with ENTps as long as it's casual, and I don't know if I know ISFps.
    Beta would be last, but I have very good ENFj friends, ESTps who are not overly aggressive with over-the-top fecal humor are fine, but we get bored of each other easily. ISTjs are scary and INFps are great as long as it does not get too close or *gasp* romantic.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In general just by those with whom I have the most fun, Alpha>Beta>Delta>Gamma.

By types, all of the Alphas come first. After that, the Beta/Delta irrationals (SLE>SLI>IEE>IEI), then (in order) LSI, ILI, EII, EIE, SEE (although this varies from case to case) LSE, LIE, and ESI (not from negative experiences, but rather a general lacking in dealings with them, with the few being in formal settings).
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I know of subtypes, I'd say I'm a logical subtype, but I might be entirely wrong.

I tend to prefer alpha, followed by delta and beta, and finally gamma.

The main types I tend to conflict with are ENTj's and INFj's, but there could be others as I haven't found more than one or two for some of the types yet. The other deltas make up for the INFj's, and I put the betas in with the deltas because I haven't found enough to be sure yet.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Subtype and Fav Quadra

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    I'm being thinking about this...but there might some flaw in my reasoning. Could determining your favourite quadra other than your own be used to determine your subtype? So, if I'm a INTj, and I happen to prefer Delta to Beta, does this make me a subtype?

The flaw in this is that a INTj has stronger than and so should prefer Beta anyway - but I thought I'd post and see what people think :wink:.
    when i look at all my relationships with friends, family and others, these are the types i have average to good relationships with. some are more boring than the others and some get annoying after awhile but they are typically not bad:

- enfp
    - istp
    - intp
    - isfp
    - entj
    - estj
    - intj
    - entp

beyond delta, i tend to prefer gamma NTs when talking about the more personal and abstract topics. but, prefer to associate with alpha SFs when having fun. the sub-types wear me out less faster compared to the sub-types.

btw Subterranean, what types do you think julian and noel are?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    I usually get along pretty well with INFps.
    the ugly truth has revealed it's noxious face. you fail to whelm.

really though, disregard my offensive slang directed at the delta quadra in my previous post. I am sure there are cool ESTjs, INFjs, and ENFps out there. I typed my comments based only on people I have experienced "in real life". With INFjs, I find they respond to my interactions with a polite reserve that does not divulge their true thoughts. It's hard to get them past the stage where they feel comfortable being spontaneous in interaction. I often do not make it to that point because I feel unsure of myself if people do not open up to me relatively quickly when I am being open myself.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm ESTp prolly of the Ti sub:

my fav quadra is prolly beta of course; i especially get along with ENFj and ISTj. we connect immediately and can spend alot of time together without becoming weary of each other's presence. INFp have always been hard for me to pick out of a crowd although i think i might have unmasked one recently.

i do get along real well with alpha. most of my friends are alpha. i especially get along with ENTp followed by ISFp (although they're wary of me in the beginning). unlike most people i know and hang out with (alphas and betas), i have a lot of patience with INTj. i know one in particular that everyone loves to hate. when i was a kid, my ENTp cousin was my escape valve from my gamma world.

i grew up with gammas. i get along well with my ENTj bro but i can tell that if we didn't know each other so well, we would prolly avoid one another. he hates those "ESTp commercials" which i just love so much. i can't stand ESFp's on a regular basis although they can be fun around a drink or two. INTp is a weird fellow but is okay. i'd prolly end up fighting with an ISFj even if left in a large clean room with no furniture or windows in it.

i haven't had alot of the delta quadra in my life. they're prolly the kind of person with whom there's the least connection at first glance. my interactions with ESTj and ISTp confirm that. even if we have mutual friends and spend a lot of time together, we never really connect. i've had flings with ENFp. i've had the most fun with them but our relationships never last longer than a butterfly's life. i've never met an INFj irl and if i have, they were prolly disgusted by me. kinda like the public's reaction of the scene in that movie The Fly with Jeff Goldblum when he's a half-fly sucking and puking donuts.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Subtype and Fav Quadra

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean

I always test out as having no subtype. And I do not have a preference between any of the quadras. hah

Actually, I once enjoyed a gathering of 2 betans, 2 alphas, and 2 deltans. I enjoyed that. A few times I was with an almost full gamma quadra. It was missing the INTp. I oscillated between feeling rejected and feeling needed.

Another time I was with an almost full alpha quadra, it was missing the ISFp. They were so super accommodating. Very diplomatic, making sure everyone's needs were met. I didn't feel cast aside at all. But it felt like the stage was set for a momentous gathering and I wasn't delivering that spirit/energy. It felt like a let down moment.

Lastly, delta quadra. We were missing the ISTp. The feel of anything goes, everything flies, was not present. Lines were clearly defined, and I was conscious about learning their boundaries. It was like, if you wanna join us, learn what does fly and what doesn't fly. I did want to join, so I learned their expectations. Once in their inner circle, I felt protected, but the feeling of walking on egg shells was always there.

I like a little bit of every quadra as long as I can distance myself if'n and a when the interaction becomes exhausted for whatever type-related-non-type related reason.

When the differences start gaining momentum and the commonalities start to slowly disappear, I run to the nearest available half quadra/conjoined quadra.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lessee i'm alpha and after alpha, i prefer beta, then delta, then gamma. the only reason gamma comes in last is not because i don't like them it's because i don't tend to run across them and we don't usually mix. nothing personal.

i don't think quadra preference is about subtype, i think it's about asymetrical relations. i'd much rather supervise than be supervised for example, which might be why i'd prefer beta. then again, in beta, i'd rather hang out with estp's, infp's, and enfj's, istj's don't turn me on much.

i bet intj's would prefer delta since they supervise enfp's and benefact istp's .... intj supervision etc comes from beta so they're going to like delta better.

FWIW.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast