• ENTP

1 20.00%
  • ENFP

1 20.00%
  • other?

1 20.00%

Thread: My type, so confusing!

Default My type, so confusing!

Hi, I'm really sorry to have make a thread all about me, but I'm really confused as to what type I am! And as I find myer briggs so fasinating, I really would like to put myself into one of the 16 types. Which I appreciate may be a bit of an impossible task, but oh well. Would be really grateful for any help

Basically the first time I took a myer briggs test was at the age of 15. I came out as INTP. I'd just finished school, where I definitely felt alienated, didn't fit in. It probably described me accuarately. I wasn't sociable, had a network but wanted to keep myself away from afterschool activities/going out with friends because I felt like I was superior, or just enjoyed my own thoughts... I spent all my days obsessed with dreaming about being 18, being at a top university to be bothered about hanging out and being a normal 15 year old. I later dropped out of this top university as I found it boring after meeting everybody, and no freedom.

Before this time, I'd gone through periods of being outgoing or not so. It seemed that some places sucked out my outgoingness and I'd become v. quiet. Other times I'd be very cheeky, calculating and always coming up with clever plans to do something bad to adults etc. or win something. I'm not brilliant at talking to some new people, yet others, straight away can become so easily really good friends. People that aren't threatening.

When I started college I decided I wanted to make a change. I was harsh on myself and was desperate to be outgoing, look perfect etc. I made lots more friends, and perhaps if these people had been at school, maybe I would've done so before. However, now I look back and believe if I was at school now, I would've made lots of friends. I learned how to speak to people, etc. etc. and when I took the MBTI I came out as an ENTP, and this described me perfectly.

Now, once again... I'm unsure. Am I the inventor? Or am I an ENFP or ENFJ or ahhh I don't know?! Or am I still an I? I'm such a people pleaser. I have tons of friends from all over, and try and please them, sort them out. I try and avoid hurting peoples feelings etc. and careful what I say. I don't like getting into arguments or conflicts with friends incase they fall out with me. I have had massive problems with relationships. I know straight away whether I'm interested or not, and couldn't bare to get in a relationship with someone I was not sure about, or that my head didn't aprove of just incase I'd miss the chance of somebody else perfect coming along. I'm getting a bit better on this though...

sorry it's long and v. self centrered, any help, appreciated

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE (ENFp) is my guess. IEI (INFp) would be my second bet.

Got a picture you're willing to post? It would help.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i was leaning towards ENFp myself.

The part about caring about what people think / leaving a good impression, and having lots of friends from all around seemed a little more ENTp to me.

The feeling alienated at school i never felt but that doesn't mean anything i suppose. I loved school

Then the end seemed to get very ENFp..
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Hi, thank you for your responses

I question the F and T the most... um, 3 years ago say, no one would ever class me as a sensitive type of person, but I care very much about how to please others, make sure I don't offend etc, but I'm not sure if this is because I don't want to loose them from my friendship circle. I never say anything I shouldn't, and worry about upsetting people/conflict. I don't get upset easily and not really easily offended.

And wow, can you tell from pictures? This is my online profile:
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=6488614

I am the girl with brown hair.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MEYER BRIGGS!?!? BURN THE HERETIC!!!!

Ok, now that that's out of the way, I'll say what little I have to say. Sensitivity may have some correlation to T/F, but isn't a deciding factor. However, your focus on relationships with people does suggest a preference for (Fi). I'm inclined to say NeFi (ENFp) and can identify with what little information is given, but I'd like more information.

Actually, I just noticed the Myspace link and NeFi seems more likely. And no, I didn't determine it by VI (Visual Identification). I think my distaste for VI is becoming well known by now. While it is a nice boost at the start sometimes, it's subjective and purely intuitive nature makes it unsuitable for "proving" anything. Although, I suppose I'm a bit hypocritical, cause I'm not really explaining my own reasoning, which itself is still somewhat in the intuitive stage, but then, I'm only stating possibilities, nothing definite. For "definite," I'd want to construct a web of relationships.

Off-topic aside: I've been posting quite a bit recently. Does that entitle me to my own official Joy type thread?
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

scratch
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...