Thread: Leaders and great thinkers in every type?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Leaders and great thinkers in every type?

The reason why I'm trying to do this is so people stop thinking that there is one ubber-type. I'm not saying that people on this site do it a lot; we seem to be fairly open-minded here. But it would be good if people could associate their type with a person who could be looked up on as "great", no? I'll try to get it started with a list of my own names (and yes feel free to argue viciously ).

ISTP- Thomas Edison
    ISTJ- Carl Jung
    ESTP- Napoleon Bonaparte
    ESTJ- George Washington
    INTP- Albert Einstein
    INTJ- Thomas Jefferson
    ENTP- Bill Gates
    ENTJ- Donald Trump
    ESFP- King Henrey VIII
    INFP- William Shakespeare
    ENFJ- George H. W. Bush
    ISFP- Barbra Streysand (she is if you're Jewish!)
    ENFP- Oprah
    INFJ- Gandhi (I guess...)
    ISFJ- Mother Teresa
    ESFJ- Emperor Constantine?

.... and that's all that I can think of now and I'm sure I opened up a whole can of worms... peace.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    Gandhi - INFj (don't ask me why. I can't argue. )
    Pee Wee Herman - INFj

Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    Where's ENFp, ESFj, INFj, and ISFj?
    Waiting on suggestions from other people...

(Oprah?... Mother Teresa?... come on people think...)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Have you gone mad man!!

Bill Gates is either an INTp or ENTj!

And Trump isn't an ENTj either! I've seen ESTj (or something like that) suggested elsewhere.
    lol, ok I have not quite gone mad yet. If I didn't make it clear before the purpose of this thread was to open DISCUSSION. Not that I'm saying this is a set in stone list or anything.

As for Bill Gates, he's not an Introvert, really. Just, no.

So if we are talking about ENTP or ENTJ, I can see why some people like to say ENTJ. They associate "money" and "business" with ENTJs; that's a poor stereotype. I mentioned that I think Trump is ENTJ and Gates is ENTP. They are both good at business and make a lot of money, yet can't you realize that they do it in diffrent ways? That they are diffrent kinds of thinkers?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    Can we name leaders in the entertainment industry?
    Sure, let's just make sure these "leaders" aren't people like Ron Jeremy this time.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read books and tons of info on Bill Gates. There's no way he's an ENTp! I'm more inclined to believe he's an ENTj from what I've read. Amongst many things his working style focused and disciplined as opposed to chaotic. He was always strategizing which is more of an INTp/ENTj thing. I'm basing this on how he acts, not his bank balance or job. How did you get the idea that he was an ENTp?
    I have a question for you, do you think that all ENTPs are chaotic? It really depends on what you're talking about. I've heard when he's in his "non-buisness" mode he's very laid back, friendly, cracking jokes, ect. If you want to survive in the buisness world of course you need to have some kind of focus to get things done, but Gates seems to me to be like a curious little child trying to explore and delve into what he finds new and interesting. As for the startegizing part, that's not really INTP/ENTJ. Look at Napolean, ESTP. I think that kind of "stategy" and thinking comes in the territory of being xxTP.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have expected a company headed by an ENTp to have at least invented at least one thing totally new.
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by socionics.com
    Their true originality is in their ability for lateral combinatory thinking. ENTps are mostly interested in improvements, modernizations and innovations of something that already exists and is well known. James Dyson gave birth to a cyclone action vacuum cleaner. The cyclone effect is based on physics and has been known for centuries. Applying this effect to the household vacuum cleaner was an act of lateral thinking. Did Dyson invent something radical? He just made a better vacuum cleaner. In retrospect, it would probably be fair to say that ENTps are better classified as inventive-modernizers.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gandhi- INFJ
    really? I thought he was an INFP. Along with Homer, Virgil, etc. But I could be wrong. Maybe that was just MBTI. He seems to me like he would have been INFP, but I don't know much about him, so I'll trust what you said.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maximilian Weber - ISTp maybe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Weber

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone think of any SFJ types? Is Mother Teresa an ISFJ?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve Job: ENTp

Bill Gates: ENTj/INTp

I just don't see how Bill Gates is neccessarily an extravert; where do you get that from?
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Steve Job: ENTp

Bill Gates: ENTj/INTp

I just don't see how Bill Gates is neccessarily an extravert; where do you get that from?
    Ok, I think BOTH Steve Jobs and Bill Gates are ENTPs. As for Gates being an extravert, he pretty much fits the definition of an extravert. The way he seems to run his company, keeps on moving forward, a high energy guy, etc.

BrainTypes.com wrote something on Judge Roberts recently,

Quote Originally Posted by BrainTypes.com
    One bit of good news for John Roberts is that he also is an NT Brain Type, but neither an INTJ or ENTJ. So which of the remaining 2 NTs is he? Despite being described by some as quiet, BTI strongly perceives counselor Roberts a front-brained "E". As Brain Typing students know, this does not mean all (or even most) genuine Es are big talkers or party people. Rather, they are energy-expenders (versus conservers) and have a drive to make things happen ... to get things done. To say the least, Roberts has been a highly ambitious lawyer, and it has finally paid off in large measure.

Roberts is an FCIR/ENTP, which in and of itself isn’t necessarily good or bad for the non-Mo Town Supremes. FCIRs have the tendency and neural circuitry to be the most flexible of the 4 NT Brain Types. Yes, this can lead to waffling at times--especially under significant pressure, but they’re far less likely to be their own island like the FCILs or BCILs (ENTJs and INTJs), who pave their own roads despite popular opinion.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"As for Gates being an extravert, he pretty much fits the definition of an extravert. The way he seems to run his company, keeps on moving forward, a high energy guy, etc. "

How does he run his company? How do you know he's a high energy guy? He doesn't seem to be one to me.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the link steve posted seems to be a good place to start.

http://www.cwheroes.org/oral_history...ates/index.asp

He thinks it leans more towards ENTJ but I think it sounds ENTP... you decide.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus Christ was probably an xSTx type ... for some reason I have seen websites type him as a feeler, but I do not necessarily see that.

I do know for certain that Jesus Christ was atleast xSxx ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus Christ was probably an xSTx type ... for some reason I have seen websites type him as a feeler, but I do not necessarily see that.

In my opinion Jesus Christ can't really be typed, but I'll try not to delge into that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Siddharta Gautama(Buddha)- INTp

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Leaders and great thinkers in every type?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    ESFP- Julius Ceasar ?
    No way Julius Caesar was an ESFP, for all that some socionics sites use him as the archetypical "ESFP - the Politician".

He was xNTx, probably xNTJ, I guess ENTJ.

I think a likely ESFP was King Henry VIII.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marcus Aurelius, Emperor of Rome and author of the "Meditations" - INFJ.

I agree that Mother Teresa was an ISFJ.

Tiberius, Emperor of Rome - ISTP.

Example of ESFJ: the Emperor Constantine, the first Christian emperor.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Siddharta Gautama(Buddha)- INTp
    Yoda- INTP.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew

I really have no idea about this but Moses was probably INFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    No way Julius Caesar was an ESFP, for all that some socionics sites use him as the archetypical "ESFP - the Politician".

Ok, ok, that's why I put the question mark there, but I have seen him tyoed as ESFP before. To be honest, I could also see him as an ESTP, not ENTJ.

Example of ESFJ: the Emperor Constantine, the first Christian emperor.
    I don't really know much about him but will look into it.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

Ok, ok, that's why I put the question mark there, but I have seen him tyoed as ESFP before. To be honest, I could also see him as an ESTP, not ENTJ.
    Yes, I think there's a case for Caesar as ESTP too, except that according to his biographers, he did not care at all for his physical comfort or even needs - he didn't drink wine, ate very simply and on occasion did not even bother to eat.

I think that Pompey the Great is a much clearer case of ESTP.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I think there's a case for Caesar as ESTP too, except that according to his biographers, he did not care at all for his physical comfort or even needs - he didn't drink wine, ate very simply and on occasion did not even bother to eat.
    No, he drank beer.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been trying to find a good example of another historical ESFP leader, and I think I found one --

Mark Antony, of "Antony and Cleopatra" fame. I think he's a clear example of an ESFP "politician", and a comparison between him and Julius Caesar or Napoleon demonstrates that the latter were mistyped as ESFPs in some sites.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thought of another one --

ENFJ -- Nelson Mandela

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBottom

In my opinion Jesus Christ can't really be typed, but I'll try not to delge into that.
    The reason why I believe that Jesus is a sensible type is because I remember reading a passage of scripture where he said it is best to worry about the things of today and let tommorow take care of itself, and also because he had some very pushy tendencies [like when he threw around a bullwhip and chased moneychangers out of the temple.] ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    the list is just this amateurish opinion.
    Thanks for the opinion Mr. No-name-no-identity-douche. If you actually have a problem then you wouldn't mind to add a real OPINION for actual DISCUSSION. Otherwise your thoughts of me being "amateurish" don't mean anything and you could be regarded as just trolling. For all we know you may not even know what socionics is and just like to stir up trouble on boards. You can talk about what you think might be off and prove that you are an intelligent being, or grow the fuck up.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-pokeball

I strongly disagree that either Bush is an ENFJ. The difficulty with someone of Presidential status is that imaging is full throttle. Ive seen very little to indicate ENFJ (or NF for that matter) from real-time infos such as when his wife speaks about him or documentries from his past. None of the patterns seem to fit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To set the record straight, I don't think George W. Bush is an ENFJ; I think he is ENTJ. As for being a feeler, I know that is sometthing that is very rare for a President, but George H. W. Bush seems to be one of the few. When I see him talk I get a much more genuine "feeling" from him. Over at BrainTypes.com they claim that he is the only feeling President since before FDR. Here is what they wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by BrainTypes.com
    For your information, here are the Brain Types of U.S. presidents going back to FDR. Remember, even those who share the same BT often have differing personas and values, not only a result of nurture, but nature as well (other genetic differences beyond BT coming from parents). Take note: 6 out of the last 12 presidents have been ENTJ/FCIL, 9 of the last 12 have been E_TJs/F_ILs, 10 have been TJs/ILs, and 11 of the last 12 have been left-brained dominant (J)! Also, there's only been one right-brained dominant president (Johnson), one Introvert (Carter), and only one Feeler (H. Bush).

George W. Bush – ENTJ/FCIL
    Bill Clinton – ENTJ/FCIL
    George H. Bush – ENFJ/FCAL
    Ronald Reagan – ENTJ/FCIL
    Jimmy Carter – INTJ.BCIL
    Gerald Ford – ESTJ/FEIL
    Richard Nixon – ESTJ/FEIL
    Lyndon Johnson – ESTP/FEIR
    John Kennedy – ENTJ/FCIL
    Dwight Eisenhower – ENTJ/FCIL
    Harry Truman – ESTJ/FEIL
    Franklin Roosevelt – ENTJ/FCIL
    ^^ This seems accurate enough.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-pokeball

Ahh. I dunno. Clinton did have an Fi feel to him which is why I thought maybe ESFP (got the idea elsewhere tho). The only Pres that remotely seemed ENFJ was Reagan but I have no clue on him really. He quarreled and interpersonalized with his daughter a lot which may be F. Like I said before...it's so difficult to second guess those that are intentfully imaging and social acting to the masses. I saw a political/war movie last summer with a President hopeful...I forgot the name of the movie but it conveys the social acting part very well. Uhm..Meryl Streep was in it. Ah hell I forgot =p

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think cultural perceptions of what leaders should be like and political bias maybe getting in the way of the results.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh. I dunno. Clinton did have an Fi feel to him which is why I thought maybe ESFP (got the idea elsewhere tho).
    And I find that a lot of the time people show off either strong dual-seeking or hidden agenda functions. I saw someone post here that he was convinced Trump was an ISFJ because of the way Trump shows off his Fi. That's how dual-seeking functions work. Bush does it too.

I'll ask my brother. He knows Bush and Laura both, knows Laura a lot more though. Spends a lot of time at the White House and Camp David.
    Supposively, Laura Bush is an ENFJ.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thought of reopening this thread, instead of starting a new one.

Are there any new ideas as to the types of Bill Clinton and George W. Bush?

I'm inclined to go for ESFj for Clinton, and ESTj for Bush.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<...>
    Are there any new ideas as to the types of Bill Clinton <...>
    My impression of William Jefferson Clinton:

LOVES to be the center of attention at all times.
    LOVES to talk.
    Flexible, laid back, good improviser.

Very self absorbed.
    Not overly concerned about following the rules.
    Very interested in "having a good time".

All this seems to point rather clearly towards ESFp.

His (ex by now ???) wife gives an INTp or INTj impression. Both possibilities are interesting, if I type him correctly ...

Greetings, ragnar

Creepy-

Clinton: ESFx, j and p are crossed.

Bush: ESTP. The description at Socionics.com matches him exactly, right down to how he got us into the Iraq war.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Bush is ESFj.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    I think Bush is ESFj.
    ESTj.

Trust me. Just look a little closer and you'll see your dual.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clinton may well be ESFp, but I'd say that Hillary is more like ISTj than INTj or INTp.

As for Bush, I still think ESTj -- mainly because I can't think what else he could be. Megan says ESFj, but I can't see that.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know anything about T.E. Lawrence - Lawrence of Arabia? To me he's clearly INTp.