ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Niffweed

ENFP

IMO

Mwaaah for Niffweed. Lovely to meet you.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Niffweed

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    ENFP
    i challenge you to provide some legitimate evidence for this assertion. is that too much to ask?

Creepy-bg

for VI purposes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat

Hello... my name is Niffweed... I like math!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    ENFP
    i challenge you to provide some legitimate evidence for this assertion. is that too much to ask?
    Basiclly the patern of your posts and themes in them. It seem to be similar to some ENFPs (although not my sister who is the Cameron Diaz type). More of the Nietzsche type.

The way to provide evidence for my assertion then would be show the 2 patterns and demonstrate that they are identical. However, that is quite hard to do in socionics as the language of socionics does not lend itself to patern recognition, but rather it focuses on traits.

However read this description and tell me if you relate to it:

suspiciousness of others such that their motives are interpreted as malevolent, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:
    suspects, without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting, harming, or deceiving him or her;

is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends or associates;

is reluctant to confide in others because of unwarranted fear that the information will be used maliciously against him or her;

reads hidden demeaning or threatening meanings into benign remarks or events;

persistently bears grudges, i.e., is unforgiving of insults , injuries, or slights perceives attacks on his or her character or reputation that are not apparent to others and is quick to react angrily or to counterattack;

has recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding fidelity of spouse or sexual partner.

Autonomy, superiority, suspiciousness, touchiness, belligerence, narcissism, self-righteousness, arrogance, brashness, cynicism, humorlessness, negativism, contentiousness, secretiveness, fanaticism, ragefulness, sarcasm.

Solitariness, poor peer relationships, social anxiety, underachievement in school, hypersensitivity, peculiar thoughts and language, idiosyncratic fantasies (American Psychiatric Association, pg. 636).
    Difficulty in handling stress, conflict with superiors, unwillingness to compromise, argumentiveness, stubbornness, defensiveness, deviousness, deceptions, disloyalty, maliciousness (Beck & Freeman, pp. 99-100).

Litigiousness.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Creepy-bg

It seem to be similar to some ENFPs (although not my sister who is the Cameron Diaz type)
    have you posted a picture?

(sorry for offtopic)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    It seem to be similar to some ENFPs (although not my sister who is the Cameron Diaz type)
    have you posted a picture?

(sorry for offtopic)
    I think there is one in my blog.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

If niffweed has some real bizarre ideal which doesn't apply to humanity, such as 'please don't hurt robots, they're my friends', he might have Ego block .

(I doubt he ever says please, apart from when he's saying things such as 'Oh please, stop, if you don't I might die from laughing because 2!+17*(21-9) = Rhinoceros/Kangeroos' ).

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    If niffweed has some real bizarre ideal which doesn't apply to humanity, such as 'please don't hurt robots, they're my friends', he might have Ego block .

(I doubt he ever says please, apart from when he's saying things such as 'Oh please, stop, if you don't I might die from laughing because 2!+17*(21-9) = Rhinoceros/Kangeroos' ).

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dio, you're crazy.

And Niffweed, you're INTp. I'm pretty sure.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFP
    Basiclly the patern of your posts and thems in them. It seem to be similar to some ENFPs (although not my sister who is the Cameron Diaz type). More of the Nietzsche type.

The way to provide evidence for my assertion then would be show the 2 patterns and demonstrate that they are identical. However, that is quite hard to do in socionics ss the language of socionics does not lend itself to patern recognition, but rather it focuses on traits.
    i still haven't got the slightest idea what you're talking about.

However read this description and tell me if you relate to it:

suspiciousness of others such that their motives are interpreted as malevolent, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:
    suspects, without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting, harming, or deceiving him or her;

is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends or associates;

is reluctant to confide in others because of unwarranted fear that the information will be used maliciously against him or her;

reads hidden demeaning or threatening meanings into benign remarks or events;

persistently bears grudges, i.e., is unforgiving of insults , injuries, or slights perceives attacks on his or her character or reputation that are not apparent to others and is quick to react angrily or to counterattack;

has recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding fidelity of spouse or sexual partner.

Autonomy, superiority, suspiciousness, touchiness, belligerence, narcissism, self-righteousness, arrogance, brashness, cynicism, humorlessness, negativism, contentiousness, secretiveness, fanaticism, ragefulness, sarcasm.

Solitariness, poor peer relationships, social anxiety, underachievement in school, hypersensitivity, peculiar thoughts and language, idiosyncratic fantasies (American Psychiatric Association, pg. 636).
    Difficulty in handling stress, conflict with superiors, unwillingness to compromise, argumentiveness, stubbornness, defensiveness, deviousness, deceptions, disloyalty, maliciousness (Beck & Freeman, pp. 99-100).

Litigiousness.
    i bolded everything i think could possibly apply. the whole first half of that description is not an accident; none of it even remotely describes me.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is somewhat off topic, but i would like to say i am not at all happy with the unnecessary deletions science of magic made in this thread.

Creepy-bg

although I generally agree with Pedro's minimal moderation style I think I have to agree... the Niff vs Dio conflict seems an excellent source of typing material (and it's fun to watch )

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

More recent picture:

Creepy-bg

More recent picture:
    ugh I liked the old Niffweed better... (also the way they did Zaphod's second head was just stupid in the new version )

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Dio, you're crazy.

And Niffweed, you're INTp. I'm pretty sure.
    Oh we have a nay sayer here?

Usually I pretend that they agree anyways

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That statement is not funny at all.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well how can I rebute your statemetn otherwise?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to provide some legitimate evidence for this assertion.
    Namely, why niffweed is ENFp. I don't buy it because of his sense of humor. It's very deadpan, and he doesn't use lots of smileys to let you know when he is joking, like most ENFps do. IME ENFps are very careful about hurting people's feelings with jokes, so they make them as obvious as possible. Niffweed is deliberately ambiguous.

Niffweed is also a big fan of math, in case you didn't hear. What ENFps do you know that like math that much?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could be wrong in typing Niffy. But whats' the alternative?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could be wrong in typing Niffy. But whats' the alternative?
    obviously the alternative is enneagram type 3w8

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he doesn't use lots of smileys to let you know when he is joking, like most ENFps do. IME ENFps are very careful about hurting people's feelings with jokes, so they make them as obvious as possible. Niffweed is deliberately ambiguous.
    it strikes me that this is probably facilitated well by the medium of an internet forum. IRL it would be somewhat different.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he doesn't use lots of smileys to let you know when he is joking, like most ENFps do. IME ENFps are very careful about hurting people's feelings with jokes, so they make them as obvious as possible. Niffweed is deliberately ambiguous.
    it strikes me that this is probably facilitated well by the medium of an internet forum. IRL it would be somewhat different.
    Now you are starting to sound INTJ Niffy

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the dichotomies said INTp with delta NF as a close second. I only remember because Niffy's Reinin dichotomy choices were almost identical to the INTp I live with. Also, ever since Niffweed joined the forum, I've been harassing him and telling him over and over how he sounds almost exactly like my INTp. The sense of humor, the way of pouting at half the things, the way of almost expressing amusement every once in a while...
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think nifweed is INTp, and if he is something else, most probably not an ENFp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I think nifweed is INTp, and if he is something else, most probably not an ENFp.
    yes. for sure.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with regards to the reinin dichotomies: i've looked at them more closely and decided that some of them were probably off. this was a subjective analysis based on the idea that INTp is probably the most likely type from me.

when doing the whole dichotomy test in that thread a million years ago, i based my answers 99% on the posted material regarding all of the dichotomies itself. the one definite exception was positivist/negativist, where i found the posted material to have the wrong emphasis entirely; had i gone by it i would have been positivist, but since i was never in any doubt about being negativist i altered that result. at any rate, using only the descriptions that joy posted was probably not the best of strategies. such dichotomies as static/dynamic, and taciturn/narrator were probably poorly represented by that material and may have interfered with the results.

i'm still unsure about where i fall on a number of dichotomies (namely static/dynamic, taciturn/narrator, emotivist/constructivist). the only dichotomies of an INTp that i find it difficult to reconcile with are resolute/reasonable and careless/farsighted, where both reasonable and careless make a lot more sense.

despite all of this blather, i still think that ENFp makes next to zero sense, if only because i can't see myself as any sort of ethical type. i also think that my being an extrovert is highly unlikely.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're a clear declarer.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    why?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why?
    Because even your questions (namely, with the exception of this one) definitely sound like a statement. This is, generally, what I've found to be the most reliable sign of declarer over asker.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you could provide an example of that, it would prove helpful.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you could provide an example of that, it would prove helpful.
    If I understand the dichotomy correctly, this IS the example.

why not...
    "could you provide an exaple?"
    "provide an example please"
    "I need you to give me an example"

You're not trying to talk him into giving you an example. You're just sayin´ that if he were to provide you with an example, it would be helpful. You're not starting anything here, provoking him to act in some way. You're just saying that it would prove helpful.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More recent picture:
    ahaha.

best INTp ever.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why?
    Because even your questions (namely, with the exception of this one) definitely sound like a statement. This is, generally, what I've found to be the most reliable sign of declarer over asker.
    Sorry to interrupt the flow of the thread (niff should understand it, after all he does it all the time ) but...would that make me an asker/taciturn instead? Because I generally ask questions in order to get an answer Can you see we are the opposites in this matter?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am currently of the opinion that he's INTp... and (no offense niffweed) this makes me even more certain that I am not ESFp.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/