Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta behaviors

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta behaviors

I can't help but notice that all the Deltas I know IRL seldom or rarely watch TV. The only show I'm currently watching is Survivor, mainly for the group dynamics. ALL the ISTps I know only watch Nip/Tuck and the ESTjs love to watch boxing, sci-fic and current affairs shows once in a while when they actually managed to find free time. Not sure about the ENFps though. Share your experience about Delta behaviors. Need not be restricted to TV shows btw.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watch Survivor too but I really am not particularly interested in TV. I can't focus on one thing like that. Sometimes, we'll have the TV on, plus the computer, plus I'll be working on a crossword puzzle, plus I'll stop everything and do things with my daughter on and off.

My husband likes American Chopper (which is fun) and some other car type shows.

My daughter likes the Smurfs.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I generally don’t like TV unless I have nothing better to do. The only channels I’ll watch are Discovery, A & E, Food and the Travel channel. I really like the Cold Case Files and the detective shows on A&E…they’re really the only ones that can hold my attention for a whole episode. I never got peoples obsessions with sitcoms.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Delta behaviors

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    I can't help but notice that all the Deltas I know IRL seldom or rarely watch TV. The only show I'm currently watching is Survivor, mainly for the group dynamics. ALL the ISTps I know only watch Nip/Tuck and the ESTjs love to watch boxing, sci-fic and current affairs shows once in a while when they actually managed to find free time. Not sure about the ENFps though. Share your experience about Delta behaviors. Need not be restricted to TV shows btw.
    Me: ENFp
    I rarely watch TV. LOL! I enjoy Prison break a lot, charmed, Heroes, CSI. Nip & Tuck is interesting.
    I love documentaries, especially those that focus on animals and the planet.

Though nowadays I'm too busy with friends than anything else. Especially how many of them are going through rough patches in their lives now.

Edit: Never mind

My ENFp uncle enjoyed doing things he thought were productive. A very helpful man who helped everyone in need. He also used Te very well. He doesn't watch much TV, doesn't sleep much. He would share that his mind was simply full of thoughts and forcing himself to sleep would give him a headache. He was full of ideas, that's how he started his business, by taking his ideas, risking everything, then he made it big. To him, sleeping more than what he thought was adequate was a waste of time.
    However, he does not plan much, instead I'd say he took things as they came.
    He also shared that it's an interesting experience, to sit and chat with friend over a cuppa coffee, observing people as they walk by. He said that one could learn a lot, and you could gain endless possibilities of ideas/knowledge from just observing.
    He hates arrogant people who abused their authority. And he dislikes the government.
    INTp
    sx/sp

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My life basically consists of me working,listening to the radio, being online and going to the cinema once a week. That's it.
    I don't go clubbing because it's depressing.
    I don't watch t.v, because I don't have one. Not out of choice, but out of being a student and having no money or will to get one.
    So not much really.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont watch much tv, I usually have it on and half watch it whilst doing something else like being on my computer.

When I do watch, I rarely watch any of the mainstream stuff, although I do like sitcoms like friends, and im a big fan of the simpsons, homer makes me so much. I watch more documentaries and factual stuff, and recently I started watching more films, but not really long ones, I cant sit still and concentrate that long
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it seems to be as i barely watch any TV aswell. I do have foxtel in my room so i half watch it while im on the computer. I like to watch National Geographic / Travel / Movie Channels.

I just dont have time for planned mainstream tv. like I will see an advert for something thats good then realise two hours and a day later that i missed it.

I do go to the movies practically every week. My friend and i have a system.
    KFC > Drive to Cinema > Buy a frozen coke > buy a bag of Skittles > Watch Movie. lol
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Delta behaviors

They like to be outside
    They prefer to be productive.

Makes sense to me....

One INFj I know well almost never watches TV. She likes to read and be outside, and is a very good student, and likes to be athletic in non competitive ways.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like we all share some similarities. Like electric, I don't go clubbing as well. I don't enjoy dancing infront of strangers and I'm allergic to alcohol, so I guess I can't get much out of going there. :wink: Other Deltas I know don't really enjoy clubbing as well, albeit for other reasons. Anyway, I always perceive clubs as an ideal place for Betas.

Deltas seem to enjoy hanging out at cafes or pubs, just having a meal and chilling out, talking about people and interesting stuff, basically having deep conversations. Moreover, they also don't like bureaucracy. And all the types (except ESTjs) have not much interest in politics.

In terms of music, Deltas seem to like all types of music except mainstream hiphop. The Delta-STs love to listen to electronica, trance, progressive house and the likes, and the NFs love pop and alternative rock.

And all Delta-STs I know love boxing. Don't know why.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't watch much TV either anymore.

I can't stand Survivor. I like the detective shows on A&E sometimes, but sometimes they're waaay over-dramatized. I hate that sort of thing.

I like:

Good Eats
    The Simpsons
    Futurama
    Dethklok Metalocalypse (Do you folks like coffee? Real coffee from the hills of Columbia?)
    Rome (when I can remember that it's on; I need TiVo again ).
    Everyday Italian (softcore pr0n of food TV)

Still, I rarely watch any of those.
    ; 5w6

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love LOVE LOVE boxing. ):

www.well.com/~mgarriga/ <--- see age old, messy webpage.

this is the only sport i keep tabs on, save FCB/soccer once in a while.

i like watching the lightweight guys, honestly.

watching a boxing match with my dad is basically how we bond. my ESFj mother sits attentively and watches as well, then says we're heathens. pay-per-view bills over here can become insane.

but i have the thing too where i don't watch tons of t.v. i found it to be unhealthy after a while, save a few shows. everything within reason.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Delta-STs love to listen to electronica, trance, progressive house and the likes
    You sure? IME, Delta-STs are generally against anything electronic; especially ISTps tend to prize only instrumental music as the "real" music and regard everything produced by a machine as artificial. This, of course, IME.

I agree that some Deltas have a prejudice against clubs. I don't know why, though, they seem to say that in a way which wants to make it look like it's a good thing - ?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think technology is overused. I'm not a robot and don't want to be hooked in to something electronic every hour of every day. I think people can find much better ways of entertaining themselves. Anyway. Moderation is good in every lifestyle choice. and lifestyle is important.
    asd

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm allergic to alcohol
    first time i hear this

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    I think technology is overused.
    first time i hear/read this too

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyday Italian (softcore pr0n of food TV)
    lol. I got that vibe too. She get's a little too into describing the food. And those low cut shirts she wears....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't had a TV for about 3 years now. I had a neighbor downstairs who had cable and I watched it all the time because I could get it too. Then he moved and where we are no stations will come in without it. I'm too cheap to pay for it myself and really don't need it so I decided to join Netflicks and just watch movies on my computer. Whenever something comes on I really want to see I go over my brothers house. I'm pretty out of touch because of not having a TV but I probably get more done esp since I'm taking classes. I think the thing I miss most is funny comercials .

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like we all share some similarities. Like electric, I don't go clubbing as well. I don't enjoy dancing infront of strangers and I'm allergic to alcohol, so I guess I can't get much out of going there. :wink: Other Deltas I know don't really enjoy clubbing as well, albeit for other reasons. Anyway, I always perceive clubs as an ideal place for Betas.

Deltas seem to enjoy hanging out at cafes or pubs, just having a meal and chilling out, talking about people and interesting stuff, basically having deep conversations. Moreover, they also don't like bureaucracy. And all the types (except ESTjs) have not much interest in politics.

In terms of music, Deltas seem to like all types of music except mainstream hiphop. The Delta-STs love to listen to electronica, trance, progressive house and the likes, and the NFs love pop and alternative rock.

And all Delta-STs I know love boxing. Don't know why.
    I don't watch very much TV at all. There's a few shows i enjoy watching when i happen to catch them, however i don't really tune into them and watch them week after week.

However, my father is ESTj and watches TV a fair bit. He's very busy with work and other commitments, so when he gets home or has some time to himself, he generally winds down by lying on the couch with the TV on.

I like clubs and love dancing (not trying to brag, but im quite good at it )

I listen to House, Techno, Breaks, Trance (<come on, there's gotta be a few INFj's who like this . ), a little bit of Psy-trance (which i enjoy, however don't find as uplifting as regular Trance).

An ISTp friend of mine likes electronic music.

I don't often listen to the radio, it annoys me. I wouldn't say i particularly enjoy Pop, and i don't listen to enough Rock to call it a favoured genre (however i do like Alternative and Punk).
    MBTI - INFJ
    Socionics - INFx

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by fever
    what about Moby? i like Moby!!
    yeah Moby's cool... but I liked his earlier electronic music way better than his newer stuff. I mean the new stuff is good, he's a good musician, but it's nothing groundbreaking like his first few albums.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fever
    what about Moby? i like Moby!!
    I like Moby too. But I agree with Bionicgoat that his earlier stuff is way better than the current ones. I used to listen to Fatboy Slim as well. Anyone likes Techno? I don't really like it, but there are a few nice ones though. I just don't like the chessy lyrics.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The only stuff I listen to in that realm is Boards of Canada and Aphex Twin. I think those bands are classified as electronic. I'm not sure I even know what House and Trance means

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that i think about it, another friend of mine who i think is also ISTp is really into electronic music. We talk to each other about it alot, because most of our friends aren't into that music.

April, this site should give's a good idea of the differences between genre's of electronic music. It's enjoyable reading, there's quite a bit of humour in their, and the author is very biased towards his favoured genres:

Ishkur's Guide To Electronic Music version 2.5[/url]
    MBTI - INFJ
    Socionics - INFx

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my ESTj friend is into trance. I like trance too. Hmm, but not techno.
    Another ESTj friend of mine is into rock.

The Deltas I know don't watch TV much. The ESTjs are always busy with something, like their work. It's almost always work and their almost always busy. And they seem to enjoy learning a lot. They don't have time to watch TV.

I haven't sat down and watched TV in... hmm.. years? LOL! I'd rather download it and watch it on my laptop at my own pace.

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    I think technology is overused. I'm not a robot and don't want to be hooked in to something electronic every hour of every day. I think people can find much better ways of entertaining themselves. Anyway. Moderation is good in every lifestyle choice. and lifestyle is important.
    Heh. I agree with this.
    Well, now I'm wondering what heath does during his free time.

Usually I'm out with friends. Chilling & drinking, chatting over coffee/tea, movies occasionally.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on all the posts so far, it seems that we have more in common than I thought.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on all the posts so far, it seems that we have more in common than I thought.
    Who... me? o.O?
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    Who... me? o.O?
    I meant everyone who posted on this thread so far.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who... me? o.O?
    I meant everyone who posted on this thread so far.
    Ahh.. I see.
    Most who replied are Deltas anyway.
    INTp
    sx/sp

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And all the types (except ESTjs) have not much interest in politics.
    I'm very interested in politics, in fact I tend to just turn up at different political party meetings. I've already read all the theories and everything; I just like to question party members or people who dedicate there live to something like that.

And strangely enough I'm not the only random guy turning up to most of these meetings (at my uni) I've found a entire delta enclave which does the same thing.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric
    I'm very interested in politics, in fact I tend to just turn up at different political party meetings. I've already read all the theories and everything; I just like to question party members or people who dedicate there live to something like that.

And strangely enough I'm not the only random guy turning up to most of these meetings (at my uni) I've found a entire delta enclave which does the same thing.
    Well, I can't say I'm uninterested. I just think the people don't have much of a say in the politics of out country.

What's your type?
    INTp
    sx/sp

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I can't say I'm uninterested. I just think the people don't have much of a say in the politics of out country.

What's your type?
    ISTp, I used to live in a country that didn't give people much of a say in politics too, but I was always still interested.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's your type?
    ISTp, I used to live in a country that didn't give people much of a say in politics too, but I was always still interested.
    Yes. Being interested is one thing. But being motivated to strive for a change is another.
    I'm pretty interested. But I don't see things changing anytime soon. And it pretty much sucks. It's worse when the citizens are being led by the government blindly, and voting for the richest party.
    INTp
    sx/sp

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not really the protesting kind, but there are certain things I would like to have different in the world. So I am kind of interested in changing things, but not overtly running around with posters, shouting at people etc. Which is something I think people do too readly without really thinking about what they're doing or what anyone else is doing.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not really the protesting kind, but there are certain things I would like to have different in the world. So I am kind of interested in changing things, but not overtly running around with posters, shouting at people etc. Which is something I think people do too readly without really thinking about what they're doing or what anyone else is doing.
    True. And sometimes not very effective in getting the message across.
    Anyway, doing that is banned in my country.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't buy into cheap conclusions, please. It is widely known that, as computers get more and more integrated into society, less people spends time watching TV.

My family is a mixture of alphas, betas and deltas and neither watches TV much since there are plenty of computers with Internet access in the house.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex
    Don't buy into cheap conclusions, please. It is widely known that, as computers get more and more integrated into society, less people spends time watching TV.

My family is a mixture of alphas, betas and deltas and neither watches TV much since there are plenty of computers with Internet access in the house.
    I was just sharing some observations of what I had made from people around me and I was kind of curious to see whether the others share the same belief and habits. :wink:

I agree with mikemex that people now spent more time on computers. Anyway, I noticed that some people often spent a disproportionate amount of time watching youtube videos and downloading drama serials online. Like my friends who are under Alpha.

For my ISFp and ESFj friends, I'm always amazed by how much they talk about the shows they downloaded online, and they enjoy sharing details and trying to interpret the plot of the dramas. Even those who didn't have cable TV will collect a lot of drama DVDs to the extent that it is almost like a library collection. On the other hand, when I'm online, my ENTp friends enjoy sending me interesting videoclips much more often than the others. As for the INTjs, who are least likely to enjoy TV, when they watched an episode of a drama and they enjoyed it, they would make an effort to watch every episode of it.

Just an observation I made. Thought it is kind of interesting. :wink:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is a good statement. I'm delta and i do watch tv quite a bit if I'm at home. The difference is, I don't have internet at home. I actually have kept from having internet at home because in the past I would find myself always online and I felt it was bad for me, so I gave it up. If I need the web I'll go to work. Now I watch some tv but for the most part it's music, sports, or a show i've kept up with for a good amount of time and I don't feel like it interferes with my social life the way the internet does. I wouldn't say watching tv is even type related, but that's just me.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I rarely watch television and spend most of my free time reading random articles or playing computer games.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    I rarely watch television and spend most of my free time reading random articles or playing computer games.
    heh. Yes. I love reading articles or some random or interesting stuff. On the internet or books, mags, newspapers.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by cracka

I think this is a good statement. I'm delta and i do watch tv quite a bit if I'm at home. The difference is, I don't have internet at home. I actually have kept from having internet at home because in the past I would find myself always online and I felt it was bad for me, so I gave it up. If I need the web I'll go to work. Now I watch some tv but for the most part it's music, sports, or a show i've kept up with for a good amount of time and I don't feel like it interferes with my social life the way the internet does. I wouldn't say watching tv is even type related, but that's just me.
    Eeeks how do you live without internet at home?!

for the record I bounce back and forth... I probably spend a few hours a day watching TV. but generally only when something I like comes on. I hate just having it on in the background, always reminds me of some dystopian deal like 1984. My parents like to leave on FOX news as default and that just freaks me out.

I spend LOTS of time online. That's my primary mode of entertainment. Probably 4 to 5 hours on days when I work. When I'm off I can easily spend a whole day on here in 24 hour stretches or more. Doesn't bug me one bit though. In fact I think it's kinda funny that people get so weirded out about spending too much time online. I've always lived in my computer, even before the internets. I spend more time and effort here than in the real world and it's always been like that. Hell, if I had the means I'd upload my brain into the fucker and never leave.

(and yes, I don't get out much into the real world... besides work )

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    heh. Yes. I love reading articles or some random or interesting stuff. On the internet or books, mags, newspapers.
    It's the IEE way. :wink:
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast