Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Gamma Quadra Movies and TV Shows

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I only looked at last page and did a quick thread search so don't know if this was mentioned. I feel the overall vibe is Gamma/Beta.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've started watching vikings and alot of the main characters look gamma to me. I'm only on season 1 as of now.

Ragnar- SEE-Fi
    Ragnar_c1.png

Lagertha- SEE-Se
    0dee887e84cb66328f9847dd0ad95ea7.jpg

Earl Haraldson- LIE-Te
    History_Vikings_Meet_Earl_Haraldson_SF_HD_still_624x352.jpg

Floki- SEE-Se
    tumblr_mvhs8iZzHE1sp437lo1_500_zpsc1d00d67.png

Siggy Haraldson- ESI-Se
    vikings_s2_gallery_siggy-AB.jpeg

Athelstan- ILI-Ni
    hqdefault.jpg
    Last edited by Muddy; 08-14-2015 at 06:25 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I'll submit some directors in general:
    Andrzej Zulawski
    William Friedkin
    Abel Ferrara
    Johnnie To

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm still somewhat new to all this but if I had to name some Gamma anime:

Anything that Gen Urobuchi (aka the Urobutcher) is involved in.
    Gakkou Gurashi (Look really, really closely at that cutesy first episode, things aren't as they appear)
    Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
    Kara No Kyoukai: The Garden of Sinners

Any thoughts on that? Have I perhaps mistyped these shows as Gamma when they're really for another quadra?

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI - SEE duality

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    I've started watching vikings and alot of the main characters look gamma to me. I'm only on season 1 as of now.

Ragnar- SEE-Fi
    Ragnar_c1.png

Lagertha- SEE-Se
    0dee887e84cb66328f9847dd0ad95ea7.jpg

Earl Haraldson- LIE-Te
    History_Vikings_Meet_Earl_Haraldson_SF_HD_still_624x352.jpg

Floki- SEE-Se
    tumblr_mvhs8iZzHE1sp437lo1_500_zpsc1d00d67.png

Siggy Haraldson- ESI-Se
    vikings_s2_gallery_siggy-AB.jpeg

Athelstan- ILI-Ni
    hqdefault.jpg
    Nah, Ragnar is closer to SLE.

Athelstan is probably IEI, although the part about him being a bookish scribe kind of does make him seem ILI. I guess ILI would superficially work for him. He is becomes basically this fusion of christian and pagan world views. His character allowed the show's writers to explore the rich cultural differences, legends and myths of the times, while demonstrating the conflicting world views of the newly spreading christian faiths with a monothiestic God. Ragnar was basically deeply enamoured with him, as if Athelstan was some kind of special jewel. From the very start Ragnar wanted "the priest" by his side, and this become especially apparant when Ragnar was betrayed by Athelstan when he chose his faith over Ragnar. And even then Ragnar still, for lack of a better term, loved him. The guy was Ni incarnate, so Ni-dom works.

Siggy is ESI, no arguments there. I like how she redeemed herself for saving Lothbrooks kids in the frozen lake. She always knows what is going on between everyone, and she has that Se strength. I noticed how she basically supervised Ragnar through out the show. She had a power over him that he could never quite figure out, nor change. It wasnt altogether a positive relationship, but Siggy, despite her role as the slain Earl's wife, easily ingratiated herself in the new society run by Ragnar. He didnt like her, but he respected her and almost could not touch her, even if his trust for her fluctuated. She basically was always aware of how people should behave and wasnt shy about expressing such in one to one conversations. In the group, she prefered a background role. Also, the secret social climber.

SEE for Floki works. Such an interesting portrayl by the actor.

Lagertha is a difficult one for typing. I could see another SEE for her. Very powerful feminine figure, which is probably what the shows writers wanted to convey: the place women held in Norse society. Potential equal positions with men, which was demonstrated when she became the Earl, and when she could remarry if she chose. I am thinking back to the scene where her and Ragnar both came out naked to invite Athelstan to have sex with them. She was very aggressor type sexually in this scene, and I saw her and Ragnar as basically similar, Se-dom sociotypes.

Earl Haraldson played such a minor role, and only a little in the first season, he is difficult for typing. LIE could work, but there are key pieces missing.

Rolo is a difficult type to figure out. I'm going to say LIE for now
    Last edited by wacey; 12-04-2015 at 05:21 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching the series a second time now, and I want to change that Rolo Lothbrook typing from LIE into SLI. The actor that plays him seems like gabin.

Two versions of Gabin: the talkative version and the quieter version:

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

At first I thought it was too gloomy, and the english dubbing kinda kills me, but I stuck with it just because of the cinematography... it's gorgeous. Now I'm hooked on the plot. It's very Ni+Fi heavy.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lump View Post
    At first I thought it was too gloomy, and the english dubbing kinda kills me, but I stuck with it just because of the cinematography... it's gorgeous. Now I'm hooked on the plot. It's very Ni+Fi heavy.

This looks very interesting. It reminds me of 'It' in some aspects. Have you seen 'The Killing' on Netflixs?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Punisher on Netflix is all Gamma. Lead LIE, his sidekick (Couple episodes in) ILI, almost EVERY female is ESI, all want to help rogue LIE in his task. Couple beta side characters but basically all Gamma. Simplified Fi to the max, if they're bad they die. It's a real hoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9A-tG_tPP4

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chains View Post
    This looks very interesting. It reminds me of 'It' in some aspects. Have you seen 'The Killing' on Netflixs?
    Similarity to IT never occurred to me, but watching the trailer I think I see what you mean.. a team of kids, cycling time periods... they're not united and bonded like in IT though, at least not at this point. And the adults play an equal or larger role. The Killing has caught my eye, but I haven't watched it. I'll check it out if you think it's good.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegar View Post
    The Punisher on Netflix is all Gamma. Lead LIE, his sidekick (Couple episodes in) ILI, almost EVERY female is ESI, all want to help rogue LIE in his task. Couple beta side characters but basically all Gamma. Simplified Fi to the max, if they're bad they die. It's a real hoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9A-tG_tPP4
    I definitely agree, the entire time watching it I was just thinking about how Gamma themed the show was. Every Gamma value is showcased extremely well in Frank, from his desire to take out exclusively bad guys (Fi), his strategic planning skills (Ni), his grittiness/brutality (Se), and his preference for taking out enemies in the most effective way possible via guns unlike most other marvel heroes, notably Daredevil (Te).

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lump View Post
    Similarity to IT never occurred to me, but watching the trailer I think I see what you mean.. a team of kids, cycling time periods... they're not united and bonded like in IT though, at least not at this point. And the adults play an equal or larger role. The Killing has caught my eye, but I haven't watched it. I'll check it out if you think it's good.
    I haven't seen Dark yet, but I was thinking, based on the trailer alone, the similarity was more in the complacency and illness of the town which allows evil(however defined) to endure and the recurrence of the evil involving the death of the youth.

Did you watch the full series?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chains View Post
    I haven't seen Dark yet, but I was thinking, based on the trailer alone, the similarity was more in the complacency and illness of the town which allows evil(however defined) to endure and the recurrence of the evil involving the death of the youth.

Did you watch the full series?
    Ah! I see what you mean! I like that.

There's only one season out so far and I've seen 8 episodes? I think. Out of 10.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sieger is ESI and Marc seems LIE, it's a gay themed movie also about running. (For some reason these two usually like running, in my experience)
    Also Sieger's brother Eddy is SLE, and the supervision is obvious. And I guess their father is SLI, which is also played very well.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great film. The whole theme of existential conflict over the pursuit of a potentially compromised cause struck me as very topically gamma.

4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Theron plays Mavis a ESI 6w5 sp/sx.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol those clips are great

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure she's eie in that movie though

it's a satirical representation of the female eie socionics portrait if it were fleshed out to the most ridiculous degree, she reminds me a lot of emma roberts' character from adult world, which is a pretty good fictional example of the beta vs delta clash in terms of their conflicting brands of aristocracy
    Last edited by wasp; 12-29-2021 at 01:52 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Emma Roberts plays an ENFp-Ne in Adult World.

That's Ne/Fi. IEE-Ne cognition does not structure feelings until after they've been expressed and thrown about, so Fi is put in the position of cleaning up the messiness of Ne. Ne subtype reinforces the multi-directional antennae. Hence, Amy has a more splayed out and impulsive cognition not present in the initial way in which Mavis sizes up and presents information (unless she's drunk). Fi/fe cognition metabolizes information in a more structured and pre-arranged manner.

Naturally, any socionics type can mistreat people and go through life narcissistically stuck in the past or future. narcissism is not particular to any one type, so in that way her and mavis may overlap in general behaviors/hang-ups. narcissism in ESI takes on a rather solipsistic flavor, like Mavis, who is contextually/interpersonally unaware and inside a world of her own...it makes almost every interaction people have with the narcissistic ESI awkward, choppy, and somewhat pointless, like attempting to play catch with a porcupine.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good look into gamma-delta Fi dynamics and how ESI Fi really works.

4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI - LIE relationship

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Negan is LIE-Te 8w7 so/sp. George Patton closest real life counterpart.

Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma movies from this year:

- Widows
    https://youtu.be/nN2yBBSRC78

- Vice
    https://youtu.be/jO3GsRQO0dM

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I watch about three movies (on CD) per year, maybe fewer, but I watched one last night. I like romantic comedies, and found "50 First Dates" in the library and had some time, so I just watched it. My movie watching is caught up to 2004 now.

I'm not sure that this is a Gamma movie per se. I did a search for it on this site and @Kim (IEE) loved it, but I (LIE) thought it was pretty good, too.

The movie's hook, which was that a woman lost her short term memory so that the previous day is forgotten, seems not so much a Gamma theme as it is a low-Ni theme; If you don't know (can't remember) how you got here, you can't decide what to do next. You have to draw on your long term experiences. This is ESI through and through.

Adam Sandler seems ESI to me. Most MBTI sites call him IEI, but that is ludicrous. He has the Se energy and Fi morals of an ESI. I don't think he's personally progressed to dualization yet, though, because the throw-away redhead he has dinner with seems LIE to me, and he rejected her immediately.

Drew Barrymore, whom I've never seen in a movie before, is ESI, plain as day. That girl is like every ESI I've ever met. Alternately moralizing and forward sex-in-your-face-right-now.

Even though Sandler and Barrymore are the same type, I think they are different in some other way. Perhaps subtype, with Barrymore an ESI-Se and Sandler an ESI-0.

Sandler and Barrymore have an Identity relationship going and really seem to like each other. In Hollywood, land of the Narcissists, it is probably magical to meet someone just like yourself.

Sandler's side-kick Ula is ESI-Fi. He's the twin of an ESI-Fi woman I know.

Sandler's co-worker Alexa is probably meant to be ILI. Outwardly asexual, inwardly a raging sex-fiend.

Barrymore's father is about the purest representation of an LSE that I have ever seen. Caring, logical, can't see into the future at all, caretaking his daughter and defending her against all of those bastards who want to date her.

In the movie, Sandler's character is asked why he wants to date a woman who doesn't remember him, and he says he doesn't know, other than she makes him feel good. If that isn't the exact response that I have to my duals, then I don't know what duality is. The only problem with this is that I really don't think Sandler is LIE. I think he's ESI.

Sandler is a strange ESI in some ways. I was trying to figure out if he might be an ESE, but he "feels" ESI to me, and I don't think he could surround himself with so many Gammas by accident.

Anyway, while the movie might not be Gamma in the larger sense, it is pure ESI in the specifics, and I found it to be entertaining in a nice, fluffy way.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

My SLI ex and I bought that movie together and he adored it and I was like "eh." Kinda interesting, since Kim loved it. Wonder how her and my ex would get along.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    My SLI ex and I bought that movie together and he adored it and I was like "eh." Kinda interesting, since Kim loved it. Wonder how her and my ex would get along.
    She and your ex would get along or not, depending on their sub-types.

I have three lifetime's of experience with SLI's, and about half that with IEE's, and the degree that they get along is highly dependent on sub-type. SLI-Te's go with IEE-Fi's, and not with IEE-Ne's.

I remember seeing a picture of @Kim, and I think she's the IEE-Fi subtype, but I could be mistaken. One picture is not much to go on. She looks more like my IEE-Fi bookkeeper than my IEE-Ne sister-in-law.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just watched the movie Tallulah, and I think the characters were ESI(Tallulah) and LIE(Nico and his mom Margo). Really enjoyed it.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't watch a lot of tv, but when I do, it's something like the terminator. Quality format.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three Kingdom: Gamma/Beta

It's kind of a "Game of Throne" China version, base on an old novel that base on real history.

The strongest lord is an SEE(or LIE), and one of his greatest advisor is an ILI. After the SEE and his son die, the ILI advisor just took over the SEE's entire kingdom, just becasue he doesn't want to get kill by the other members of the dynasty lol

The SEE's rival is an IEI or EIE, his greatest advisor is also an EIE.

The series is basically Beta vs Gamma, with the Beta trying to restore the traditional codes and rules (at least from the outside), when the Gamma just doesn't give a shit about tradition and just take over everything. So the Gamma look like bad guy here. But it doesn't matter, we win in the end, and the SEE(or LIE) lord is consider as one of the greatest king/leader in China's history
    Last edited by Tarnished; 04-04-2021 at 03:56 PM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True detective. Sex, drugs, power, mysteries. Rust is ili I believe... Marty might be SEE. But the overall vibe is gamma in that dangerous sx instinct way (that's not uncommon with gammas).

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegar View Post
    The Punisher on Netflix is all Gamma. Lead LIE, his sidekick (Couple episodes in) ILI, almost EVERY female is ESI
    It's interesting, I believe shows that are majorly gamma such as this are kind of rare. It's good show though I prefer Daredevil a little bit more. Too bad they canceled both of them.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i associate the cyberpunk genre with gamma - distrust of centralised authority and group-identity, bleak, violent, philosophical and reflective, bereft of natural beauty, technologically and terminologically complicated

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blaecaedre View Post
    i associate the cyberpunk genre with gamma - distrust of centralised authority and group-identity, bleak, violent, philosophical and reflective, bereft of natural beauty, technologically and terminologically complicated
    Interestingly enough, one of the seminal novels which introduced cyberbunk was Neuromancer, written by William Gibson, whom I type as Alpha LII. And yes, @blaecaedre, it is and has "distrust of centralised authority and group-identity, bleak, violent, philosophical and reflective, bereft of natural beauty, technologically and terminologically complicated."

Kind of LII, if you ask me.

I absolutely can't read his writing.

On the other hand, Snow Crash was close to cyberpunk, but it was written by Neal Stephenson, whom I type as Gamma ESI. But Alpha did it first and, evidently, best.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange
    >William Gibson, whom I type as Alpha LII
    I watched a few clips and thought ILX; seems irrational

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blaecaedre View Post
    @Adam Strange
    >William Gibson, whom I type as Alpha LII
    I watched a few clips and thought ILX; seems irrational
    Hmm, you're right. He doesn't VI like an LII.

I still can't read his writing.

I should do more research before I sound off.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Hmm, you're right. He doesn't VI like an LII.

I still can't read his writing.

I should do more research before I sound off.
    i've never read him what puts you off in his writing?
    most of my experience with cyberpunk is films/animation - i find it interesting, but in sci-fi i'm usually more attracted to less disturbing/gritty worlds

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

William Gibson, like nearly all sci-fi writers, is an IEI in my opinion. Come on guys, the type is called lyric for a reason

https://static.spin.com/files/2019/0...1567276411.jpg
    Last edited by on a peaceful hiatus; 09-20-2022 at 07:47 PM. Reason: C
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't even look like one at all.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast