Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamma Quadra Movies and TV Shows

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gamma Quadra Movies and TV Shows

Who among my gamma brothers and sisters watches Stargate:SG1? And if you do, don't you find O'Neill (Richard Dean Anderson) to be absolutely hilarious? I was compelled to posit the question after viewing episode 1 of season 9; I found his performance particularly hilarious at about 18mins. I love this show.

DISCUSS!

Also, Firefly is badass.

But Battlestar Galactica rules over all!
    INTp, ILI Logical subtype

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Is it a gamma thing?

Quote Originally Posted by drd252
    Firefly is badass.
    Firefly seems to be the favorite show of ESTjs from what I observed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me and my INTp honey watch a lot of those series. Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Andromeda, Over there, Noir, Trigun, Black Lagoon, Utawarerumono, Last Exile, My name is Earl (<3!!!), etc. You know what you'd really really love? New series "Hero". It's totally kickass! I have seen half a season and it's just soooo good.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watch none of that stuff. Got bored with TV sci-fi a while ago. The last one I made a point of watching regularly was the new The Outer Limits.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Me and my INTp honey watch a lot of those series. Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Andromeda, Over there, Noir, Trigun, Black Lagoon, Utawarerumono, Last Exile, My name is Earl (<3!!!), etc. You know what you'd really really love? New series "Hero". It's totally kickass! I have seen half a season and it's just soooo good.
    Are you sure you don't mean "Heros"? I've seen the pilot, it was pretty good. It's really hard for me to follow TV shows because I don't watch it consistently; that's why I love NetFlix!

Expat, you should totally watch Battlestar Galactica, it's unbelievably good.

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

watch Battlestar Galactica, it's unbelievably good.
    And every episode can be found here for free.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    watch Battlestar Galactica, it's unbelievably good.
    And every episode can be found here for free.
    Totally awesome!!! I need to catch up on season 3; I've already ripped/burned seasons 1, 2, and 2.5 (I love NetFlix!).

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem way too excitable to be intp heh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, this whole socionics/typing thing is kinda frustrating. I thought I was an INTj for the longest time, but I do act more like an INTp, unless I'm at a party or online, then I tend to act more extroverted.

I dont know

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i tend to act entpish in social settings or perhaps esxpish. i actively try not to act "intj" generally but I think that is generally descriptive of my "world view"

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I watch none of that stuff. Got bored with TV sci-fi a while ago. The last one I made a point of watching regularly was the new The Outer Limits.
    ugh... did you like it? I mean it was entertaining but IMO there was always something missing... some intangable thing... sometimes it was the acting, sometimes the writting, most the time it was just a vague.... this is really crappy sort of feeling. (sorry if that was your favorite show or something)

I'm not Gamma but I love pretty much all scifi... I eat the shit up. It's not really scifi but it's on the scifi channel now- Dead Like Me. Anyone else watch this? it's a great show

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    You seem way too excitable to be intp heh
    I was easily excited here as well originally. But I didn't really know who I was then, especially at that time, the beginning of figuring myself out.

That is not typically ILI, and I was going to say that as well. But I think Expat said it well recently, about how people sometimes modify themselves traits that are different from their true selves.

My study of socionics has largely been finding out who I am. Socionics isn't a perfect model of course, but understanding helps a lot for me.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    ugh... did you like it? I mean it was entertaining but IMO there was always something missing... some intangable thing... sometimes it was the acting, sometimes the writting, most the time it was just a vague.... this is really crappy sort of feeling. (sorry if that was your favorite show or something)
    I liked the original series; the new one was ok but far from being my favorite show.

Creepy-bg

I liked the original series; the new one was ok but far from being my favorite show.
    I agree... the original was good. But of the same format I thought the original Twightlight Zone and Night Gallery were far superior

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I was an INTj for the longest time, but I do act more like an INTp, unless I'm at a party or online, then I tend to act more extroverted.
    I can act pretty extroverted in social settings, the only conditions being that I have a lot of energy at the time and it's with people I know well. I myself used to wonder whether or not I was an extrovert, but I think the best thing to remember is that being an introvert doesn't necessarily mean being reserved all of the time. If you're driven to be in social settings (online or offline) for most of your free time, chances are you'd be an extrovert, but if you prefer to spend more time on your own, even if just to recharge your energy, then chances are you'd be an introvert.

I dunno, I could be wrong, but that's my understanding of it at least.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree... the original was good. But of the same format I thought the original Twightlight Zone and Night Gallery were far superior
    Twilight Zone -- I think the quality varied wildly. When it was good it was very good, sometimes it was silly, and a large part was mediocre. Night Gallery was inferior mostly, I think.

To this day I still think that The Outer Limits' Demon with a Glass Hand was a masterpiece.

Creepy-bg

one of these days I'll get you to agree with me on something... anything... and on that day the world shall end

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Twilight Zone is amazing. *shivers* My favorite is probably Five Characters In Search Of An Exit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Are you sure you don't mean "Heros"? I've seen the pilot, it was pretty good. It's really hard for me to follow TV shows because I don't watch it consistently; that's why I love NetFlix!
    yeah, NBC: "Heroes".
    http://www.parazz.com/photos/34144172185_9771.jpg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5U8a1MnGUs

I've got goosebumps! I REALLY want to see the next episode! It totally rules!!!!
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isha
    Who among my gamma brothers and sisters watches Stargate:SG1? And if you do, don't you find O'Neill (Richard Dean Anderson) to be absolutely hilarious? I was compelled to posit the question after viewing episode 1 of season 9; I found his performance particularly hilarious at about 18mins. I love this show.

DISCUSS!
    Stargate is love!

I resent the new guy (I can't remember his name, heh), because it's just not the same without O'Neill... (no, I don't like change). If I was the type to fangirl at all, I would probably be fangirling over all members of the original SG1 for one reason or another. However, I don't fangirl. You'll just have to believe me that I like them.
    Yeah, the new base commander is no O'Neill. The new changes as a whole are kinda weird; the Goa'uld and Replicators are gone all-of-a-sudden, and the Lucian Alliance and the Ori are the new bad guys? I guess it doesn't really matter, it's going to be over this season

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Isha

DISCUSS!
    Stargate is love!

I resent the new guy (I can't remember his name, heh), because it's just not the same without O'Neill... (no, I don't like change). If I was the type to fangirl at all, I would probably be fangirling over all members of the original SG1 for one reason or another. However, I don't fangirl. You'll just have to believe me that I like them.
    Yeah, the new base commander is no O'Neill. The new changes as a whole are kinda weird; the Goa'uld and Replicators are gone all-of-a-sudden, and the Lucian Alliance and the Ori are the new bad guys? I guess it doesn't really matter, it's going to be over this season
    yeah it got kinda weird when they started putting Farscape actors on (another great SF show!)... but you get to see Inara from Firefly again! she's hot!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gamma Quadra Movies and TV Shows

Blow, Scarface, The Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction (maybe Beta?), Gladiator, Forrest Gump

Themes: money, family, isolation, personal acheivment, relationships between two individuals, revenge

List more.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Graduate
    The Matrix (maybe Delta)
    Sideways
    Harold and Maude
    21 Grams
    Akira
    The Insider
    Identity
    Lolita
    Rabbit-Proof Fence
    War of the Worlds

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure about the Matrix. I tried to place it, but I can't.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GillySaysGoodbye
    Not sure about the Matrix. I tried to place it, but I can't.
    It has universal appeal, I think, but the themes and characters seem Fi-valuing. Agent Smith is obviously some Ti type, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith
    I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure.

Did you know that the first Matrix was designed to be a perfect human world? Where none suffered, where everyone would be happy. It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. Entire crops were lost. Some believed we lacked the programming language to describe your perfect world. But I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from. Which is why the Matrix was redesigned to this: the peak of your civilization.

It seems that you've been living two lives. One life, you're Thomas A. Anderson, program writer for a respectable software company. You have a social security number, pay your taxes, and you... help your landlady carry out her garbage. The other life is lived in computers, where you go by the hacker alias "Neo" and are guilty of virtually every computer crime we have a law for. One of these lives has a future, and one of them does not.
    Neo: Yeah. That sounds like a really good deal. But I got a better one. How about... I give you the finger... and you give me my phone call?
    Agent Smith: Mr. Anderson... you disappoint me.
    Neo: You can't scare me with this Gestapo crap. I know my rights. I want my phone call.
    Agent Smith: Tell me, Mr. Anderson... what good is a phone call... if you're unable to speak?

Lieutenant: I think we can handle one little girl. I sent two units, they're bringing her down now.
    Agent Smith: No lieutenant, your men are already dead.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Delta could work. Aristocracy seems like a pretty constant theme, IMO: it's all about two large "factions" going up against one another, which usually spells Beta/Delta to me.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and Smith is totally LSI, although that first block of quotation you posted is pretty heavily (although the fact that it took him so long to perform that kind of analysis would make Ne PoLR make sense).

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and Smith is totally LSI, although that first block of quotation you posted is pretty heavily (although the fact that it took him so long to perform that kind of analysis would make Ne PoLR make sense).
    Yes, and Cypher ESTp, maybe.

This is what I mean about the characters' types defining the message of the movie: some characters (along with their values) are portrayed positively and others negatively.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cypher is ILE all the way.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cypher is ILE all the way.
    Why?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see any . He also doesn't seem to have much invested in the whole "team spirit" idea.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like most of those films you've mentioned. Too boring.

Forrest Gump, War of the Worlds, and The Matrix (although the first film was a lot, lot better than the other two). Those are the only ones I enjoyed, if I've even tried watching the others.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the Rocky films
    Heavy Metal (1981)
    Batman Begins
    Wuthering Heights

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heavy Metal? that seems totally alpha

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    Heavy Metal? that seems totally alpha
    On the surface, yes -- but the connecting theme of the movie, as made clear in the Taarna episode (which is sheer Gamma), is Gamma I think.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really? what's gamma about it?

ILE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Self-sacrifice for the purpose of revenge and destroying an enemy (the Loc-Nar), and for the greater good. That is sheer , , . If you see the whole movie as spun around that, it makes sense, although individual episodes such as Captain Sternn, and the one about the secretary with the alien robot, are Alpha.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

STERN STERN STERN!!!!

lol what a great movie. yeah, i could go for heavy metal being sort of alpha-gamma. not a combination you see that often!

ILE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast