Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gamma Quadra Movies and TV Shows

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    It's actually what you described had more to do with the nature of American (cartoon) sitcoms. They are episodic with practically no (or little) story arches. The emphasis are on short, self-standing episodes that can be watched and picked up by any casual viewer.
    Yeah, it's what happens, heh
    (Friends presents a slightly different case in which there are story arches, but the focus is on the immediate, the present, and on mostly on stand-alone episodes with situational comedy.)
    Possibly, it's a fair comment that could be perhaps viewed from different angle also.
    The characters do stupid things, but they do not really suffer or feel the consequences for their actions, because by the end of the episode, everything returns to its original state.
    They don't? Marge not talking to Homer till he fixes it, Peter in family guy (that's the dad, yeah?) getting the cold shoulder from his family till he *realises* he's done wrong then rectifies it so can be accepted again by his wife
    This implies a far more fluid ethical system in which everything is quickly swept under the rug.
    It's not swept under the rug, it's resolved, re the periodic elements of the cartoon, which I described, so we're not disagreeing, or are we
    The characters themselves also do not generally think that they are guilty in their actions or transgressed some unwritten moral boundary, but they only care until they personally feel the fall out.
    Sure, that's because the American Fi-gamma morals win out, the person doesn't realise their wrong at first, but then they do, and it's all corrected, the system is upheld.
    The moral enforcement is also questionable, because the main characters (e.g. Homer, Peter, Fry) frequently get around their moral problem or solve it through equally questionable (and unconventional) ethical means.
    Sure they try, but most often, almost always happens, is it fails. These characters are forced by their spouses, the moral code, to revert back to the correct way of doing it or they'll be permanently shunned. It's in a way, "forced" morals, which ties in with aggressor Fi quite well.

I'm concerned about the two of us speaking past each other, perhaps we've observed different things with the workings of Gamma SF in relationships.

Oh, who's Fry? (i'm not an avid fan of these cartoons, but I've seen quite a several times when channel hopping).

I'll grant that Friends could be more involved due to story line continuations, but i'm curious, what makes you say it's Beta? I see you write where the characters fall, what do you mean by this?

Oh, Southpark goes against the grain of the aboves, perhaps that's more Beta?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=Cyclops;551491]Yeah, it's what happens, heh Possibly, it's a fair comment that could be perhaps viewed from different angle also.

They don't? Marge not talking to Homer till he fixes it, Peter in family guy (that's the dad, yeah?) getting the cold shoulder from his family till he *realises* he's done wrong then rectifies it so can be accepted again by his wife.
    No, they really don't get it.

It's not swept under the rug, it's resolved, re the periodic elements of the cartoon, which I described, so we're not disagreeing, or are we
    The action is wrapped up in the 20-25 minutes, but I would hardly call the repercussions of their actions or morals resolved. But the emotional fall out is quickly swept under the rug following the resolution of the conflict.

Sure, that's because the American Fi-gamma morals win out, the person doesn't realise their wrong at first, but then they do, and it's all corrected, the system is upheld. Sure they try, but most often, almost always happens, is it fails. These characters are forced by their spouses, the moral code, to revert back to the correct way of doing it or they'll be permanently shunned. It's in a way, "forced" morals, which ties in with aggressor Fi quite well.
    But the primary problem is that this is not indicative of Fi-gamma-based morals.

I'm concerned about the two of us speaking past each other, perhaps we've observed different things with the workings of Gamma SF in relationships.
    Your concern is noted.

Oh, who's Fry? (i'm not an avid fan of these cartoons, but I've seen quite a several times when channel hopping).
    Protagonist of Futurama.

I'll grant that Friends could be more involved due to story line continuations, but i'm curious, what makes you say it's Beta? I see you write where the characters fall, what do you mean by this?
    Most of the characters are Beta or adjacent (i.e. Monica, LSI; Chandler, EIE/LIE; Phoebe, IEI; Rachael, IEI; Joey, SEI; Ross, typed usually as either ILE or EII).

Oh, Southpark goes against the grain of the aboves, perhaps that's more Beta?
    Yes, but it still largely focuses on similar patterns of episodic conflict-resolution.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Happy Days
    Knight Rider
    McGyver: Early episodes, before it turned to delta
    Blackadder: From 2nd season forwards
    Married with Children: Kelly is a SeFi stereotype, her interaction with Bud is Gamma (however Bud is NiFe or something). But not the show entirely.
    etc.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    * Family Guy: Alpha/Delta
    * Simpsons: Delta
    Also in both shows villianous people are Gamma stereotypes.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really care for older TV shows, and I barely watch TV. Is that gamma correlated?

As far as family guy, no I don't think its quadra related. Alpha shows like venture bros., sealab, robot chicken, etc. I find highly annoying. Most TV is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I don't really care for older TV shows, and I barely watch TV. Is that gamma correlated?
    Probably not, likely not be quadra value related at all. Maybe indirectly type related, but I don't think it's in your case (since I don't think you are one of those types where it could be indirectly type related). To clarify what I mean is, types that are less likely to stay at home, and that's why also less likely to watch tv.

INTp

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like southpark. But who doesn't.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    That too. Mr. Burns is perhaps one of the most infamous cartoon villains in animated television.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably not, likely not be quadra value related at all. Maybe indirectly type related, but I don't think it's in your case (since I don't think you are one of those types where it could be indirectly type related). To clarify what I mean is, types that are less likely to stay at home, and that's why also less likely to watch tv.
    Ah, well. I definitely stay at home a lot. If not, some safe "homey" atmosphere. I may have the TV on but not really watch it only when something surprising catches my attention.

I like the kind of villains who used to be good guys, and then catch everyone offguard. I can relate to that a lot.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumping this to add

Traffic
    Léon
    Se7en
    Amadeus
    Memento
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think SE7EN is beta > gamma, but definitely centered on the Ni/Se axis. Spacey's character was probably some IEI 4w5.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm I don't remember there being any Fe focus on the actual story, I thought the two cops were probably Gamma SF (Brad Pitt's character SEE, maybe ESI for Freeman's)
    But yah, I haven't seen the film in a few years so it's just based on memory
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    itsp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkQ_JxoWUP8]YouTube - HAPPINESS - Trailer ( 1998 )[/ame]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I understand by facts that telepathy exists. At now I experiment with future guessing.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Blow, Scarface, The Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction (maybe Beta?), Gladiator, Forrest Gump
    This is actually very on the spot for me (though quality of movie depends if its something I would like and relate to or not, as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Themes: money, family, isolation, personal acheivment, relationships between two individuals, revenge
    Yes, all of these things. Relationships, family, revenge, struggle, personal achievement, a touching mix of misfortune and fortune, and a sense of internal passion and willpower. A movie that sticks out is The Count of Monte Cristo, even though I can probably think of something better.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Bumping this to add

Traffic
    Léon
    Se7en
    Amadeus
    Memento
    I have not seen Traffic, Leon, or Se7en, but I liked Amadeus quite a lot, and don't have the judgment to call it Gamma. Memento on the other hand is one of the coolest movies I have seen and the way they made it was great, and I agree that it mainly has a Gamma feel.

But overall I think I will say that movies and movie themes that are liked are personal, and associations don't necessarily mean something to me, unless I can relate to liking it. In this sense, I see many movies that have more than one applicable type feel to it, which is what makes movies and art so great.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by virekz View Post
    this is like one of my favorite movies of all time. also, i recommended it to mr. saturn and i think he hated me for about 24 hours afterwards. palindromes is really excellent, too.

i hope it's gamma. i kinda think todd solondz is some sort of nt at the least.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Happiness" seems definitely Te/Fi axis, maybe leaning Gamma, from what I remember.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I happened to notice Gladiator and Scarface in the list.

WHAT THE FUCK.

These are two of the most beta films ever.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gamma Movies

Hi there,

I used to be sure I was IEE so I watched Shrek(LSI) for Donkey(IEE).
    But now people type me as a SEE, so I want to know if there are movies with a SEE main character, or with a Gamma quadra crew.

Also, type me! http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...g-Destroypuppy

Thanks

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shrek is (unfortunately) Si-ESTj 8w9 sp/so.
    Donkey is Ne-ENTp 7w6 sx/sp.

Also, this might interest you: http://forum.socionix.com/topic/1020-gamma-movies/

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calamari Union.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Calamari Union is an allegorical movie that tells the story of sixteen men all of whom are called Frank apart from a single confrere, Pekka. Collectively the Franks and Pekka are unhappy with the perceived oppression they face in their district of Helsinki, Kallio, and decide to move to another, Eira, imagining it to be an unspoiled place where people can live lives of dignity. The journey is an ironic one given that both districts are not so far apart and much like each other. In this spirit, their journey across the city takes on epic proportions with each of the travellers gradually falling by the wayside due to such travails as marriage, work, and death. In its entirety the film is a wry discussion of humanity within a system that regards humans as subservient components.
    Watch it.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Garden full of flies is a good gamma film.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky is as SEE as it gets
    Easy Day

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Django

Alphaville : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzHThoav6hs

McCabe and Mrs Miller ? (great anti-Western by Altman) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GMczznlYH0
    (the female protagonist is Gamma-like and the conventional Western roles and hierarchies are nicely twisted)

I tend to think Citizen Kane is more of a "EIE after power " movie than Gamma ...but I'm not set on it.

Last edited by Amber; 03-03-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Barbara : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l3VRf3enx8
    (this is one of my favorite and it got a nice award at the Berlinale) - Her : ESI-Se; him : ESI-Fi imo

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't know if it's gamma, but The Killing is a dark and moody tv series that takes place in Seattle, WA. It was pretty depressing; I like it.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True Detective

Rust Chole

ILI Archtype
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know i've typed this show delta before but:

Boy Meets World

left to right: shawn, topanga, cory, eric

Cory - ESI
    Shawn - SEE
    Topanga - LIE
    Mr. Feeney - ILI
    Eric - IEE
    Jack - SLI
    Mom & Dad & Morgan - irrelevant

i think i was confusing Fi/Te values for delta. regardless, this.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by suedehead; 07-26-2014 at 01:46 PM.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

stay (2005)

TIM
    anatman
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am getting gamma vibes from the legend of korra. It's all very serious, political and businesslike, familial bonds and relationships are very important, and the heroes deal with and fix problems caused by beta groups and individuals.

TIM
    anatman
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

le bump

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by suedehead; 07-24-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

themes: moral fallenness, breaches of personal trust/faith, the meaning of innocence in modern society, and the endurance of integrity in the face of ethical hypocrisy. hoffman plays an LIE-Ni.

4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was pretty much bored through out that entire movie, but once it was over I decided I couldn't dislike it because of the overall message and just how thoughtful the movie was. It's kind of immaculate. Definitely Gamma. I had a similar experience with There Will Be Blood (though that's not necessarily gamma).

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inside Man

The Tourist- Johnny Depp plays possibly the most Gamma NT-like character I've ever seen.

Chronicle- Characters seem to be a group of Gammas as far as I can tell. It also deals with very Gamma themes of power and morality.

Thank You for Smoking
    Last edited by Contra; 04-02-2015 at 01:31 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Kingdom

Lawless- Less sure about this one. More of a feeling I get.

Dark Knight Rises- Bane seems Gamma NT to me.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't sure about The Dark Knight Rises (beta/gamma axis, though leaning gamma based on the style of corruption and how the characters are chronicled), but my tentative typing for Bane was Se-LSI, though I suppose I could see arguments for LIE (hard for me to see his 'rule' as that of an irrational type, let alone an IP).
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast