Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Serious ISTj - typographical LSI description from my website

Copied and pasted from here:
    http://socionics.wsphere.com/TYPOLOG...IONS/ISTJ.html

ISTjs can come in either one of two extremes, either exceptionally gentle and soft spoken or extremely rough and vulgar. Most ISTjs consist of a unique blend between the two, but one thing that ISTjs all seem to agree upon is a general emphasis on social etiquette and politeness. It is not uncommon for ISTjs to be seen playing the role of the gentleman, acting gallantly, opening doors for people, waiting patiently in line to say a kind word to a frustrated sales clerk. However, they do not appreciate when their acts of politeness fall upon deaf ears or inconsideration is directed towards them or others as a result. When this occurs, even the more gentler ISTjs could become frustrated, unrestrained, and feel provoked to initiate a rather intrusive and intimate discussion on why such impolite behavior is inappropriate. In the opposite extreme, other ISTjs have been known to wag their fingers and implement menacing stares to ensure politeness is given to them and others.

ISTjs value consistency and systematic patterns of workmanship; they may abide to a strict schedule, and expect others within their midst to follow. In many ways, they can have the effects of a boot camp instructor, barking orders and expecting a complete fulfillment. They do not favor those who they find to be disorderly, and may make shrewd comments about learning to do something. In family situations, they have been known to blame personal problems on inanimate objects, and may remove bits and pieces of physical objects upon which others use to pass time. This results in the fact that ISTjs often receive the impression that because someone has not been physically active for a period of time, they must be lazy and in need of discipline. However, some tend to give little thought to the fact that activities which involve long hours of non-physical activity may be conducive to productivity, and conclude laziness and unproductively anyways.

ISTjs tend to lack a great deal of foresight, which could be construed by others as a lack of confidence. They can have difficulty gauging future potential, though speculate not for the sake of speculation. Despite of this, they are often very good in day to day matters; they tend to have exceptionally precise memories, and can keep track of all of their items. To ISTjs, everything has a place, even people. ISTjs can have a knack to know when something is moved out of place, even if it has been moved back; very little can escape their eyes in these circumstances.

ISTjs tend to be workaholics; they love to make money and can work long hours without a thought to the physical strain brought to them. It is even very common to find whole families of the ISTj mindset to endure physical labor while on routine visits, even if they have traveled long distances. While on these visits, they can be very critical and demanding of someone who does not seem to be so enthused with their compulsive work ethics.

Some ISTjs can have little clue how others are perceiving them. They can walk around and move objects in such a way that causes concern among onlookers and provokes double-takes or can become unnecessarily pushy or restrained during times by which it is socially acceptable to just accept a situation as it stands. In result, they can chase even those closest to them away. Out of all the types, ISTjs can be the least confident of all when it comes to personal relationships, and fail to realize it is often a result of their own characteristic behaviors. Even worse, ISTjs can become exceptionally paranoid of people who do not readily interact with them, and may form ideas about them that are not totally in tune with reality, leading to conflict.

In social situations, ISTjs can be quite the entertainers; they can show charm and decency, and often maintain a barrage of jokes and humorous quotes just for such an occasion. Some actively engage themselves in politics and other propaganda, even as a hobby. They like posters, and can place in their private or public viewing areas billboards with photos and various signs displaying words of interest to them. They can help people in need when it is necessary [though, they might expect something in return]. They make good bureaucrats.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are ISTj or know about ISTjs, please comment or make suggestions.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default not bad

not too bad at all.... one of the good ISTJ things about my mother (at least in her career) is her powerful memory. in law, it really helps being able to remember the littlest thing about the most distant case. and she remembers absolutely every relative, their relatives, and how everyone is related to everyone else.

although, now that she's older, she doesn't tend to notice things out of place anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been told I have a precise memory. I am very good at remembering dates, history, trivia, quotes etc. I don't understand types how drop out of uni or who spend like theres no tomorrow.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i want to hear more about istjs. seems like there aren't that many around.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i want to hear more about istjs. seems like there aren't that many around.
    My father is ISTj, actually the description is pretty much based off of him and a few other ISTjs I have known.

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    My father is ISTj, actually the description is pretty much based off of him and a few other ISTjs I have known.
    AAAH!!! So.. someone might have gotten to much then..?
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.