Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Right/Left brain, Visual/Auditory, and Type

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Right/Left brain, Visual/Auditory, and Type

take this test, post the results, and your type.

http://www.mindmedia.com/brainworks/profiler

just for fun/the facts/possible correlation/whatever reason may interest you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, I hope a lot of people try this, it only takes two minutes.

ISTP

Auditory : 43%
    Visual : 56%
    Left : 61%
    Right : 38%

I don't know why I came out so Left brained or how accurate it is.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lkj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i've scored consistently right-brained & visual (this matches up well as i am left-handed and have always done well on those visual type iq tests.)
    I wouldn't get too causght up in the left-handed/ right-brained thing. It doesn't always work out that way. For example, Randy Johnson is an INTJ but he pitches left-handed. Also, Bill Clinton (ENTJ) and George H. Bush (ENFJ) are both lefties. What I find intersting is that although these three guys are lefties they all golf right-handed. (Is this a pattern?)

MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kjh

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My result:

Left: 52%
    Right 48%
    Auditory 27%
    Visual 73%

Seems pretty accurate

Laura
    IxTx- INTj or ISTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

elboe tchaikovsky freezer burn

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with opera you just have to reload the page if it keeps returning to asking your name

me ENTp (intuitive sub)
    Your Brain Usage Profile:

Auditory : 46%
    Visual : 53%

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTJ

Auditory : 40%
    Visual : 60%
    Left : 56%
    Right : 43%

I've always thought of myself as more right-brained than left-brained, thus causing me to seriously doubt the accuracy of this test.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting how EVER single person here is dominant in the visual aspect of learning...
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Creepy-an ixtp (probably istp)

It's much more wonder someone can be judged totally auditory from a visual-only quiz. Though this test is as pseudoscientical as still Socionics is, it might be an interesting symptom of any strange brain disorder.

Creepy-

dsfds

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me neither!

Results:

Auditory : 53%
    Visual : 46%
    Left : 37%
    Right : 62%

You prefer the abstract and are a theoretician at heart while retaining the ability to be practical. You find the symbolism in a great deal of what you encounter and are something of a "mystic."

My God...this thing can tell Socionics type, too!
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone else find it interesting how the two percentiles add up to be 99%?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    I've always thought of myself as more right-brained than left-brained, thus causing me to seriously doubt the accuracy of this test.
    Are you sure you're not ENTP. :wink:
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Are you sure you're not ENTP. :wink:"

No, I'm not sure.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In all seriousness, why are you so sure you're a J type? Don't you realize that the definitions for P types are remarkably similar to what is defined as right-brainded? And have you tested as a P type before?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the MBTI system I consistently typed as an INTP(Ti,Ne) and was convinced that my type directly translated over from that system for quite a while, until I finally came to reason and saw the vast differences between the two proposed types. It was at this time that I settled upon the INTj type, whose description fit me much more accurately than the INTp description--so I simply assumed that I was in error to some extent over what it means to be a rational or irrational type; it was clear to me that I was either an INTj or an ENTp, although there's the problematic instance of me not particularly enjoying large company at all.

What clinched it, though barely as the ambiguity of my choice is represented by my previous statement in this topic, was my staunch belief in justice and hatred of hypocrisy; such beliefs seemed to exmeplify what I had come to understand what a rational thoughts were: assessments of right/wrong.

There's also my neurotic tendency towards generosity that I've fought since I was a child as I believed it invoked in my a suscetibility towards irrationlity and thus rendering me unable to percieve reality objectively; I attribute this, currently, to Fi as my role function, and the induction of this into my psyche as a result of my INFj grandfather and ISFj father.

I hope that makes sense, I tend to get tongue-tied when talking about myself for some reason; I'm not particularly talented at the art of self-reflection.

As for the matter of what I tested as on Socionic tests: everytime I tested as INTp conscious type, INTj unconscious type.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, so you see yourself as a P type AND right-brained, but you realize that you can't really be a P type because the definition for INTJ is much better than any other one. Makes me wondered if there are people who have the functions of a J type but are actually born P types. This is why they would think they are P (or right-brained) but functionally they HAVE to be the J type because nothing else makes sense. I thought before that you sound more P than J, yet you probably are INTJ.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assumed my preference for Ne over Ti was the result of my apparent perceptive nature; such a state of being wouldn't conflict with the possibility you noted.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lkj

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lkj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i asked because of this:

and this page.

http://www.geocities.com/player2000g..._functions.htm
    Sorry implied, but that is with using MBTI functions. MysticSonic posted that somewhere else as well. I've actually said before that all Thinking and Feeling is in the left and all Sensing and Intuition is in the right. The reason they have the functions switched is because the dominant functions for MBTI introverts are switched. If they tested for the functions the way socionics says they are (whitch make more sense) then they would have came to the same thing I said (which would make more sense as well).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to get into a big functions/brain mess this is how I think it works out;

Dominant
    Creative
    Dual-Seeking
    Hidden Agenda

INTJ

Left||Right
    | Fe || Ne | Front
    | Te || Se | Brain

| Ti || Si | Back
    | Fi || Ni | Brain

... of course I could also be utterly and completly wrong.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took the test again and came out with this:

Auditory : 50%
    Visual : 50%
    Left : 35%
    Right : 64%

The description was quite off on a lot of things, as it seemed like more of an ENTp description than an INTp one.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i asked because of this:

This test almost shows that the opposite is true for this diagram.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    i asked because of this:

This test almost shows that the opposite is true for this diagram.
    It is, Ni is right-brained. What they are really saying there is that the dominant functions for IxxP types are right brained. In MBTI they think those are Ti and Fi; but MBTI has the functions mixed up.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On one forum, almost of all of the INTPs(When I capitalize the last letter of the acronym, I'm talking about the MBTI system) tested as right brained individuals.

And implied, what you said makes a lot of sense, but it still doesn't change the fact that I'm the most disorganized individual in my entire grade.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got:

Auditory : 50%
    Visual : 50%

"you are somewhat left-hemisphere dominant with a balanced preference for auditory and visual inputs. Because of your "centrist" tendencies, the distinctions between various types of brain usage are somewhat blurred.

Your tendency to be organized and logical and attend to details is reasonably well-established which should afford you success regardless of your chosen field of endeavor, unless it requires total spontaneity and ability to improvise, your weaker traits. However, you are far from rigid or overcontrolled. You possess a degree of individuality, perceptiveness, and trust in your intuition to function at much more sophisticated levels than most.

Having given sufficient attention to detail, you can readily perceive the larger aspects and implications of a situation or of learning. You are functional and practical, but can blend abstraction and theory into your framework readily.

The equivalence of your auditory and visual learning orientation gives you two equally effective sensory input systems, each with distinctive features. You can process both unidimensionally and multidimen- sionally with equal facility. When needed, you sequence material while at other times you "intake it all" and store it for processing later.

Your natural ability to use your senses is also synthesized in your way of learning. You can be reflective in your approach, absorbing material in a non-aggressive manner, and at other times voracious in seeking out stimulation and experience.

Overall you tend to be somewhat more critical of yourself than is necessary and avoid enjoying life too much because of a sense of duty. You feel somewhat constrained and tend to sometimes restrict your expressiveness. In any given situation, you will opt for the rational, and learning of almost any type should be easy for you. You might need certain ideas explained to you in order to fit them into your scheme of things, but you're at least open to that! "
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got:

mist, you are somewhat left-hemisphere dominant and show a preference for visual learning, although not extreme in either characteristic. You probably tend to do most things in moderation, but not always.

Your left-hemisphere dominance implies that your learning style is organized and structured, detail oriented and logical. Your visual preference, though, has you seeking stimulation and multiple data. Such an outlook can overwhelm structure and logic and create an almost continuous state of uncertainty and agitation. You may well suffer a feeling of continually trying to "catch up" with yourself.

Your tendency to be organized and logical and attend to details is reasonably well-established which should afford you success regardless of your chosen field of endeavor. You can "size up" situations and take in information rapidly. However, you must then subject that data to being classified and organized which causes you to "lose touch" with the immediacy of the problem.

Your logical and methodical nature hamper you in this regard though in the long run it may work to your advantage since you "learn from experience" and can go through the process more rapidly on subsequent occasions.

You remain predominantly functional in your orientation and practical. Abstraction and theory are secondary to application. In keeping with this, you focus on details until they manifest themselves in a unique pattern and only then work with the "larger whole."

With regards to your career choices, you have a mentality that would be good as a scientist, coach, athlete, design consultant, or an engineering technician. You can "see where you want to go" and even be able to "tell yourself," but find that you are "fighting yourself" at the darndest times.

Sounds very ISTpsh.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Sounds very ISTpsh."

Sounds very vague to me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took it again and got a different score; it seems the questions change every time you take the test

My results:

Auditory : 42%
    Visual : 57%
    Left : 41%
    Right : 58%

Michael, you possess an interesting balance of hemispheric and sensory characteristics, with a slight right-brain dominance and a slight preference for visual processing.

Since neither of these is completely centered, you lack the indecision and second-guessing associated with other patterns. You have a distinct preference for creativity and intuition with seemingly sufficient verbal skills to be able to translate in any meaningful way to yourself and others.

You tend to see things in "wholes" without surrendering the ability to attend to details. You can give them sufficient notice to be able to utitlize and incorporate them as part of an overall pattern.

In the same way, while you are active and process information simultaneously, you demonstrate a capacity for sequencing as well as reflection which allows for some "inner dialogue."

All in all, you are likely to be quite content with yourself and your style although at times it will not necessarily be appreciated by others. You have sufficient confidence to not second-guess yourself, but rather to use your critical faculties in a way that enhances, rather than limits, your creativity.

You can learn in either mode although far more efficiently within the visual mode. It is likely that in listening to conversations or lecture materials you simultaneously translate into pictures which enhance and elaborate on the meaning.

It is most likely that you will gravitate towards those endeavors which are predominantly visual but include some logic or structuring. You may either work particularly hard at cultivating your auditory skills or risk "missing out" on being able to efficiently process what you learn. Your own intuitive skills will at times interfere with your capacity to listen to others, which is something else you may need to take into account.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lj

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"i think these descriptions were written by ISTPs."

Why?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Left : 33%
    Right : 66%

Peter, you show a slight right-hemisphere dominance with a moderate preference for auditory processing, an unusual and somewhat paradoxical combination of characteristics.

You are drawn to a random and sometimes nonchalant synthesis of material. You learn as it seems important to a specific situation, and might even develop a resentment of others who attempt to direct your learning down a specific channel.

Your right-hemispheric dominance provides a structure that is only loosely organized and one which processes entire swatches of reality, overlooking details. You are emotional in your reactions and perceptual more than logical in your approach, although you can impose structure and a language base when necessary.

Your auditory preference, on the other hand, implies that you process information sequentially and unidimensionally. This combination of right-brain and auditory modes creates conflict, as you want to process data more rapidly than your natural processes allow.

Your tendency to be creative and free-flowing is accompanied by sufficient ability to organize and be logical, allowing you a reasonable degree of success in a number of different endeavors. You take in information methodically and systematically which can then be synthesized rapidly. In this manner, you manage to function consistently well, although certainly less efficiently than you desire.

You prefer the abstract and are a theoretician at heart while retaining the ability to be practical. You find the symbolism in a great deal of what you encounter and are something of a "mystic."

With regards to your lifestyle, you have the mentality which would be good as a philosopher, writer, journalist, or instructor, or possibly as a systems designer or social worker. Perhaps most important is your ability to "listen to your inner voice" as a mode of skipping over unnecessary steps to achieve your goals.

Translation: ENTp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Translation: ENTp"

It seems Cone would beg to differ:

"Me neither!

Results:

Left : 37%
    Right : 62%

My God...this thing can tell Socionics type, too!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here I got below.

Your Brain Usage Profile:

Auditory : 29%
    Visual : 70%
    Left : 50%
    Right : 50%
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Translation: ENTp"

It seems Cone would beg to differ:
    Indeed, I would. I think the second description I got was more ENTpish than the first one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first round:
    Auditory : 46%
    Visual : 53%
    Left : 52%
    Right : 47%

second round:
    Auditory : 45%
    Visual : 54%