Thread: Type question

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type question

When you are asked what you were doing on the day before today, does...

1. a mental picture of what happened form almost automatically in your mind, not causing you strain in any way...?

or does...

2. very little happen 'just like that' and you find yourself needing to make a mental 'map' by which to navigate (eg. 'yesterday was a saturday, I do such and so on saturdays, and indeed that is what I also did yesterday') before anything comes up...?

Also please tell us your type if it isn't publicly known already.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

numero dos

The days blend together for me. Like I've said before, I don't think of specific times/dates as being points on a linear time line.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

easily the second option. in order to answer the question, it would be necessary for me to spend some time chronologically proceeding through the day's events.

i doubt this is type related.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It *could* be a static/dynamic thing. Or something.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    that occurred to me. if it were type related, it would most likely be static/dynamic.

nonetheless, i think that the ability to recall details about one's day reflects memory capacity more than type traits. the reaction to a question posed about one's day may differ based on type, but i think there's more to this question than that. perhaps there would be a case if the focus was on how day-to-day information were disseminated (for example, an ESFj is a lot more likely to ramble on about the mundane events of their day than an INTp).

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    that occurred to me. if it were type related, it would most likely be static/dynamic.

nonetheless, i think that the ability to recall details about one's day reflects memory capacity more than type traits. the reaction to a question posed about one's day may differ based on type, but i think there's more to this question than that. perhaps there would be a case if the focus was on how day-to-day information were disseminated (for example, an ESFj is a lot more likely to ramble on about the mundane events of their day than an INTp).
    I disagree. vs. . 1st example = . 2nd = .

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I did something fun, I will remember right away. If I did boring things, I'll have to think about it to recount everything I did. And then the problem isn't so much about *what* I did as it is specifically *when* I did it. I might think I did it the day before yesterday instead of yesterday.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1, my memory is da bomb yo.

Creepy-bg

#1, but if you want to know what I did more than a day or two ago your out of luck... no amount of #2 is going to work and #1 doesn't go back that far. So I'd probably just make a thinking face for a few seconds then make some shit up.

( @ talking about #1 and #2s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17

I disagree. vs. . 1st example = . 2nd = .
    ?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    If I did something fun, I will remember right away. If I did boring things, I'll have to think about it to recount everything I did. And then the problem isn't so much about *what* I did as it is specifically *when* I did it. I might think I did it the day before yesterday instead of yesterday.
    agreed
    the stronger the emotion (including confusion, excitement at learning something new, etc), the more likely I'll remember "immediately", though I'm also just as likely to mix up yesterday with up to two days ago

if nothing about the past three days stands out, then i have to do a reconstruction based on what I intended to do on such and such day, along with how many relatively extreme variances in mood (and cause of mood changes) there were over the past three days.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1), but you're gonna hear 2), because I don't like talking about what I do
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit