Thread: Visual Identification: body language/movements of the types

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    I've been told all these things about myself.
    I'm not surprised '-)

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xixi View Post
    cool, thanks for the replies. i think i have a fair idea of IP body language now.
    to extend the question, what differentiates EJ body language from EP body language?
    EP free flow, energetic but sometimes also cool! like ENFP and ESFP. Can be very theatral, wild moving gestures, especially ENTP.

EJ, very decisive, when they walk, they go for their goal and don't deviate from their path. Not so much gestures, more in control but they aren't ever in a really relaxing position. Always 'ready'.

These are all just my own experiences, so I don't give guarantee's :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This page might be of some help to you..
    IEE-Ne | ENFP | 4w3-6w7-9w1 so/sp/sx | sCoA|I| | Sanguine/Choleric | Benevolent Inventor

birthday frog wishes you a happy birthday
    birthday frog will give you presents and a card on your birthday
    birthday frog is Fe incarnate

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    They also seem to not move much. They'll sit in one position for quite a while, where as I'll need to move around, fidget, etc.

But when they do move it can be with a sudden burst. A lazy impulsive sorta thing...like sitting still for 20 minutes and then hopping up to go do something.

Also, I gesture a lot. I've knocked things over or sent my fork flying a few times because of my flailing arms. However, I notice IPs don't gesture as much. They have smaller movements, more precise than mine (but whose wouldn't be, really).

Also, a lot of lounging. Liking couches, etc. Noticed this with INFps also.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I heard that the movements of statics are more eratic than those of dynamics.
    There is something to this IME. Static's movements are either stiff or erratic. Whether they're stiff or erratic correlates with them being either Ji or Pe subtype. How strong this correlation is?..it is something of which I don't know the answer yet. Also, it might be said, that Pi subtype Dynamics might be characterized as hypnotized-like. The previous sentence is something in which I am not completly convinced, at least not yet, though it seems true at first glance. Please feed me up with your observations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by energystar; 03-01-2010 at 07:51 PM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    There is something to this IME. Static's movements are either stiff or erratic. Whether they're stiff or erratic correlates with them being either Ji or Pe subtype. How strong this correlation is?..it is something of which I don't know the answer yet. Also, it might be said, that Pi subtype Dynamics might be characterized as hypnotized-like. The previous sentence is something in which I am not completly convinced, at least not yet, though it seems true at first glance. Please feed me up with your observations.
    I've seen it in some people. It also seems like animals prefer dynamics around them, though that may just be because I have a small data bank.

So does this make sense, people? Please alter where necessary.
    Ji: Eratic
    Pe: Stiff
    Pi: Hypnotic
    Je: Constant/Flowing

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    ... It also seems like animals prefer dynamics around them, though that may just be because I have a small data bank.
    . Yeah man. The trend exists. Don't know how this applies to cats, they're weird. They love my ESXp grandfather. It's probably because he provides bacon for them.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IP: often doesn't want to move or work, if working always will take breaks (like finding a place to sit, lean, or sometimes lay down) more than others. typically wavering in tactics and has little pattern to what they come across doing. especially of Te types: try to conduct movements with the least amount of actual work (as to do it "incorrectly" and "time-wastingly" but not waste so much of their own energy.) Especially Ni types: like people to do stuff for us, and don't like trivial worries and questions. We especially don't like to be asked to do things when the person asking already knows what to do and could have already done it. IPs can't really be forced, we're like liquid. you push a contained water glass and it spills. we also may easily retreat only to come back like nothing had ever happened. we are slow and gradually building. but they call us potentially dangerous, because we're capable of tremendous focus and acheivement in the most unexpected times. when we're in a state of work (not a time of work, but an internal "state"), we can usually be so good at doing it the creative way that we end up with something surprizingly inventive and worth praise. however IPs tend not to get enough credit for what they do. it takes them much more effort to do it, but it can come out wonderfully, in ways that a lot of people can't see.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    IP: often doesn't want to move or work, if working always will take breaks (like finding a place to sit, lean, or sometimes lay down) more than others. typically wavering in tactics and has little pattern to what they come across doing. especially of Te types: try to conduct movements with the least amount of actual work (as to do it "incorrectly" and "time-wastingly" but not waste so much of their own energy.) Especially Ni types: like people to do stuff for us, and don't like trivial worries and questions. We especially don't like to be asked to do things when the person asking already knows what to do and could have already done it. IPs can't really be forced, we're like liquid. you push a contained water glass and it spills. we also may easily retreat only to come back like nothing had ever happened. we are slow and gradually building. but they call us potentially dangerous, because we're capable of tremendous focus and acheivement in the most unexpected times. when we're in a state of work (not a time of work, but an internal "state"), we can usually be so good at doing it the creative way that we end up with something surprizingly inventive and worth praise. however IPs tend not to get enough credit for what they do. it takes them much more effort to do it, but it can come out wonderfully, in ways that a lot of people can't see.
    IP is the underdog?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Wow i relate to a lot of this!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep I like that too I like the idea of being badass in people's eyes and simultaneously taking more frequent naps during hard work.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123