Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 95

Thread: Visual Identification: body language/movements of the types

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Visual Identification: body language/movements of the types

    I've realized that most people don't understand the diffrent body movements that each type has. I have mentioned this before but people have pretty much had the opinion of, "Well, you haven't really explained this and I don't know what it is". This is my chance to try and explain it. Keep in mind a lot of this information can be found at BrianTypes.com.

    First let me try to differentiate between Sensing and Intuitive types. Sensors are more solid and compact (and on the negative side, stiff). Intuitives are more loose, acrobatic and have more of a "stretch" (on the negative side they are disjointed).

    Then let's break up the types into four groups; SF, ST, NF, and NT. I will specifically try to explain the diffrent movements within each group.

    SF

    The SF's are dominant in the gross motor areas. That means they have the best control over the toes, ankle, knee, hip, trunk, and shoulder. The SF types use their whole body when moving. Say if they are throwing something, you will see their arm move with their entire body.



    ST

    The ST's are dominant in the fine motor areas. Fine motor are the smaller muscle groups as opposed to the large muscle groups. These guys have best control over the elbow, wrist, hand, fingers, neck and eyes. Their movements look somewhat similar to the SF's, except their whole body isn't "connected" as much as the SF, and they finish more with these fine muscles.



    NF

    The NF's are the next group down the list. Like I said before, they are looser and freer in their movements. They still choose fine over gross movements, but aren't as compact as the ST's. The NF's strongest muscles are in the face, lips, jaw and tongue. Because of this they can be language skilled.



    NT

    The NT's are the furthest from the motor cortex. The will be the most disjointed of the types. You will be able to see that they rely more heavily on the fine motor movements because they are least gifted in the gross ones. Sometimes, if they are swinging a bat or something, they will fall back onto their back leg for support. They are also good speechers and are abstract thinkers.



    A couple more things...

    Judging vs. Percieving

    Judgers are considered left brain dominant. They have more body control and also have more dexterity. Judgers are more mechanical; their movements seem to be step by step and placed perfectly on purpose. Percievers are considered more right brain dominant. They have more body rythm and are better at positioning. They will have more fluid motions and can seem more bouncy. Percievers have more hollistic movements.

    Introversion vs. Extraversion

    Introverts are energy conserving and Extraverts are energy expending. An Introvert will try to be conservative with their movements. They also store up energy and are more intense; they let out all their energy when they need it. Extraverts will be constantly using up energy but aren't as focused or intense as the Introverts.


    I hope that cleared some stuff up. Comments?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://braintypes.com/biomechanic.htm

    ^^ This shows the two extremes between an ESFP and an ENTP.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  3. #3
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Being involved in lots of sports, I thought that was helpful. And what you said about STs rings true for me.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  4. #4
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Excellent presentation Rocky,
    I have always noticed peoples movements and Im sure I factor that in when I try to describe someone but only indirectly. The process of energy conservation and energy expenditure in intro/extroverts is one of the ways I decide what a person is. I will tac on some of these suggestions to my observations and see what more I can discover about the people around me. Thanks.

    Topaz

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    Being involved in lots of sports, I thought that was helpful. And what you said about STs rings true for me.
    You know know have the A-Rod (ESTP) type. I have to admit, the people I posted pictures of above are all P types, maybe I'll posted some of the J types later.


    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Excellent presentation Rocky,
    I have always noticed peoples movements and Im sure I factor that in when I try to describe someone but only indirectly. The process of energy conservation and energy expenditure in intro/extroverts is one of the ways I decide what a person is. I will tac on some of these suggestions to my observations and see what more I can discover about the people around me. Thanks.


    One of the big reasons I posted something like this is that it is another thing you can use to type people. I tried typing people before this way, but I was misunderstood and others didn't seem to get it. I hope people will start to see (like you did) that this is a legitimate way to type people.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  6. #6
    Creepy-Wackotic

    Default

    Very interesting hypothesis. It made a lot of sense when I first read the topic. The NF statement about the lips, tongue, and whatnot was accurate. I'm kind of oblivious to my other body parts, like the knees, ankles, and such. I tried focusing on those other body parts(like seeing how it felt to wiggle my ankles, knees, etc) and noticed how weird it felt for me to be moving my joints while paying conscious focus on how I was moving them. I wonder if it's because I'm more conscious of the muscle movement in my face, like you said, while the other parts I use without paying as much conscious attention to how I'm moving them. I wonder if STs pay more conscious thought on what they're doing with their wrist, elbows, hands, etc. in a similar way in how I'm more aware of my facial muscles.

    It would make plenty of sense that if a person is psychologically wired one way, they may be wired biologically in a way correlating to their psychological composition.
    Interesting idea, anyways.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's not a hypothesis! It's based on observations!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wacotic
    I wonder if STs pay more conscious thought on what they're doing with their wrist, elbows, hands, etc. in a similar way in how I'm more aware of my facial muscles.
    Yes it is the same. The only thing I'm wondering about is what do NT's focus on? Are they just not physically aware at all?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  8. #8
    Creepy-Monica

    Default

    I'm an INFJ and the statements about NF's were accurate for me also.



    ST

    These guys have best control over the elbow, wrist, hand, fingers, neck and eyes.
    Ok, that makes sense. I've noticed that some ST's ( ESTP/ESTJ males that do this) tend to "stare" at people. Even Dimitri Lytov posted something on his discussion forum about this. They don't try to but when they focus on something or someone it appears as if they are staring at it.

    The male ISTJ's and ISTP's that I know do this situationally. But my INFP sister and I know quite a few male ESTJ's and ESTP's (all logical subtype) who always have the "stare". When I look in their eyes, their eyes don't move and appear to be emotionless. But when we appeal to their emotions their eyes soften and they temporarily look very vulnerable. It's kinda of weird because it makes us feel "powerful"...

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Like I promised, I'm posting pictures of J types. Keep in mind that J types are hard to find so I had to dig a little for these.

    SFJ



    STJ



    NFJ



    NTJ



    The J types seem to be more heavily dominant on one side.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  10. #10
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monica
    I'm an INFJ and the statements about NF's were accurate for me also.



    ST

    These guys have best control over the elbow, wrist, hand, fingers, neck and eyes.
    Ok, that makes sense. I've noticed that some ST's ( ESTP/ESTJ males that do this) tend to "stare" at people. Even Dimitri Lytov posted something on his discussion forum about this. They don't try to but when they focus on something or someone it appears as if they are staring at it.

    The male ISTJ's and ISTP's that I know do this situationally. But my INFP sister and I know quite a few male ESTJ's and ESTP's (all logical subtype) who always have the "stare". When I look in their eyes, their eyes don't move and appear to be emotionless. But when we appeal to their emotions their eyes soften and they temporarily look very vulnerable. It's kinda of weird because it makes us feel "powerful"...
    YES! I've been told that I do that a lot too. I think ESTp people do it more than the ESTjs, though.

    Speaking of that, there's this one guy I know (a year younger than me), and he's also an ESTp with a logical subtype. I've seen him do that "stare" that's character of the ESTps too. It's very easy to lock eyes with him.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    Quote Originally Posted by Monica
    I'm an INFJ and the statements about NF's were accurate for me also.



    ST

    These guys have best control over the elbow, wrist, hand, fingers, neck and eyes.
    Ok, that makes sense. I've noticed that some ST's ( ESTP/ESTJ males that do this) tend to "stare" at people. Even Dimitri Lytov posted something on his discussion forum about this. They don't try to but when they focus on something or someone it appears as if they are staring at it.

    The male ISTJ's and ISTP's that I know do this situationally. But my INFP sister and I know quite a few male ESTJ's and ESTP's (all logical subtype) who always have the "stare". When I look in their eyes, their eyes don't move and appear to be emotionless. But when we appeal to their emotions their eyes soften and they temporarily look very vulnerable. It's kinda of weird because it makes us feel "powerful"...
    YES! I've been told that I do that a lot too. I think ESTp people do it more than the ESTjs, though.

    Speaking of that, there's this one guy I know (a year younger than me), and he's also an ESTp with a logical subtype. I've seen him do that "stare" that's character of the ESTps too. It's very easy to lock eyes with him.
    JD mentioned the same thing about ISTPs. She said we have a habbit of stopping and looking into peoples eyes while speaking. She said it makes her "shiver into a shell". I guess all ST types have intimidating eyes.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    In hindsight, I recall 'telling' you not to rely on these too much. I would like to take that back as at that point I thought that you were relying on it too much for typing people. Nevertheless, I see a validity in it because the way people move can tell us something about their types.

    Anyway, I was told that my face cannot hide my feelings.
    I'm just glad that so far everybody has agreed with what I wrote. Intrestingly, no NT types have said anything yet, hmm.

    NF













    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  13. #13
    Creepy-Wackotic

    Default

    It's not a hypothesis! It's based on observations!
    Lol. That's exactly why I said hypothesis because the idea about type and body movement was based wholly on observations. I was taught that a hypothesis was an educated explanation for an observation.
    Hypothesis-A tentative explanation for an observation, phenomenon, or scientific problem that can be tested by further investigation.
    (dictionary.com)

    Yeah, but this is going to go off topic, and it's just a slight misunderstanding, so I could care less...so back to the subject at hand.

    And about the EST_ stare thing. I've noticed that too. When my ESTj father does that, it becomes really creepy and I'm like, "Why the f*ck are you staring at me like that? What did I do now?" I don't know any ESTps, really::tears:: to know from experience if they do that too, but apparently others who would know say so.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think it's time for some NT athletes. For some reason people think that NT's can never become athletes.

    NT











    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have the same stare, ironically it was an ISFp that enlightened me to the fact that I always seemed to have been looking at her, and she could feel it. She liked me, though.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NFp
    He's a logical sub-type and resembles Johnny Depp a little.
    So do you think Johhny Deep is ESTP? I used to think ENTP, but I see how ESTP works, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    I have the same stare, ironically it was an ISFp that enlightened me to the fact that I always seemed to have been looking at her, and she could feel it. She liked me, though.
    McNew, what do you think of NTs? I haven't heard from any yet and I'd like to hear what they think about what I wrote and the NT's that I typed. Thanks.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  17. #17
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Johnny Depp does sort of give off an "ESTp stare." However, I don't really get that "ESTp vibe" from him, being an ESTp myself.

    And assuming subtypes really do exist, I find that the logical subtype ESTps do give off that stare really often, but the sensory subtypes do it much, much less.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    Johnny Depp does sort of give off an "ESTp stare." However, I don't really get that "ESTp vibe" from him, being an ESTp myself.

    And assuming subtypes really do exist, I find that the logical subtype ESTps do give off that stare really often, but the sensory subtypes do it much, much less.
    So he's ISTP!




    ... or maybe he's just an ENTP like everyone else.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Munich - Germany
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think Johnny Depp is an INFp. I read a short biography of him, and that just seems to fit. He said it is important for him to keep the kid within himself alife. Ok that sounds more like ISFp, but he often appears eccentric and plays nearly only eccentric roles. He also has this one sided smile ,and I don't get the impression he's an extrovert.
    I also recognized that INFPs either havn't touched a cigarette in their life, or they are chain smokers , so for depp the latter applies.
    But yes, he could also be an ENTp like everybody else. Perhaps we should define 16 Subtypes for ENTps

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jockl
    I think Johnny Depp is an INFp. I read a short biography of him, and that just seems to fit. He said it is important for him to keep the kid within himself alife. Ok that sounds more like ISFp, but he often appears eccentric and plays nearly only eccentric roles. He also has this one sided smile ,and I don't get the impression he's an extrovert.
    I also recognized that INFPs either havn't touched a cigarette in their life, or they are chain smokers , so for depp the latter applies.
    But yes, he could also be an ENTp like everybody else. Perhaps we should define 16 Subtypes for ENTps
    Well, this isn't supposed to be a thread about Johnny Depp, BUT now that I think of it he does have ST eyes. I don't want to sound like I'm recrutting or anything, but... ISTP?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  21. #21
    Cone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For a second there, I thought that was a picture of one of my friends...who is an ISTp. Spittin' image of him, too!
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ... I'm trying to come up with some ST's now...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ST















    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm a little curious about something. I've noticed that all J types seem to either swing a golf club/ baseball bat/ or tennis racket with their right hand, despite whichever hand they write with. I mentioned over in a diffrent thread that a guy like Randy Johnson (INTJ) is a lefty, yet still swings a bat right-handed and looks like other J types when he does it. I also mentioned that Bill Clinton and George H. W. Bush are lefties, J types, and still swing a golf club right-handed. Jerry Seinfeld is another guy I can think of who fits the exact same mold. Also, I don't think I've ever seen a J type swing a baseball bat left-handed (or at least not that I know of). So what I'm asking is do any J types swing with their left hand. (naturally, of course).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  25. #25
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I'm a little curious about something. I've noticed that all J types seem to either swing a golf club/ baseball bat/ or tennis racket with their right hand, despite whichever hand they write with. I mentioned over in a diffrent thread that a guy like Randy Johnson (INTJ) is a lefty, yet still swings a bat right-handed and looks like other J types when he does it. I also mentioned that Bill Clinton and George H. W. Bush are lefties, J types, and still swing a golf club right-handed. Jerry Seinfeld is another guy I can think of who fits the exact same mold. Also, I don't think I've ever seen a J type swing a baseball bat left-handed (or at least not that I know of). So what I'm asking is do any J types swing with their left hand. (naturally, of course).

    I'm deciding whether I'm INTj or ISTp but I am left handed and do swing with my left hand.

    Laura

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Laura, I've already said before that I doubt you are an INTJ anyway. Maybe this is even more reason to believe ISTP? There was just too much in your desciptions about youself that are anti-INTJ.

    We talked a lot about her type at this thread (we kinda high-jacked someone's else, w/e)

    http://the16types.info/forums/viewto...1562bf62e28a34

    In case anyone was wondering, I throw with my right hand and swing with my left.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Come to think of it, does anyone else think Bernie Mac is an ESTJ?



    He swings left-handed.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    So what I'm asking is do any J types swing with their left hand. (naturally, of course).
    i had to think about this, but the natural way for me to do it would be left handed.

    i throw left-handed, too. but then again, i'm a lefty.
    OK, my only dilema was that I couldn't think of any J types who do this. Writing and throwing lefty yes, but that's why I found it so odd. But like I said above, I think Bernie Mac is ESTJ so I guess it can happen.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And the sensing feelers....

    SF













    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    This is an old topic but I'm reliving it just momentarily.

    Rocky, if you follow the WWE, can you please try to determine the types of Kurt Angle and Edge based on their movements?
    Sorry, I don't follw the WWE much any more. I used to watch back when there were The Rock, Stone Cold, Mankind, Goldust, Shamrock and all those good names.

    I would say that:

    Hulk Hogan- ISTP
    Shawn Micheals- ESTP
    The Rock- ENTP

    I don't have a vivd memory of the old guys, but these might work:

    Vince McMahon- ESTP
    Stone Cold Steve Austin- ESTJ
    Goldust- INFP
    Shamrock- ISTP
    Kane- ISTJ
    HHH- ESTP

    ^^ just don't hold me to these.

    Also, most wrestlers seem to be ESTP, ISTP, ESFP or ENFP.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    VI alone...



    Kurt Angle- ESFP



    Edge- ESTP
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok, so I decided to watch some WWE tonight. Here is what I've seen:

    WWE Wrestlers

    Kurt Angle- ESFP
    John Cena- ESFP
    Tomko- ISTP
    Val Vinis- ESTP
    Viscera- INFP
    Ashley- ESTP
    Carlito- ENFP
    The Nature Boy- ENTP
    Shawn Micheals- ESTP
    Torri Wilson- ENFP
    Rob Conway- ESTP
    Shelton Benjamin- ENFP
    Chris Masters- ESTJ
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    just don't hold me to these.
    I won't because I'm not definitive about these as well. It is alright.
    When I said that, I was refering to the old guys whom I was basing them off of personality and memory. But what do you think of the new guys I listed? Remember, I don't really watch WWE so I knew little (or nothing) about their personalities before hand. You said you agree with Tomko, but what about the others? John Cena? Viscera? Chris Masters? Torri Wilson? How do you think these people stack up to what I said through movements.

    Thanks.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Scroll down to Aug. 20, 2005 and click on the video that says "Author Jonathan Niednagel discusses baseball players brain types".

    Players mentioned are:

    FEAR (ESFP)- Bonds and Pujols
    BEIR (ISTP)- Ted Williams, Hank Aaron, Cal Ripken Jr.
    BCAR (INFP)- Derek Jeter
    FEIR (ESTP)- Pedro Martinez

    This is good to look at as you can see the diffrences between the types.

    http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/video/twib/index.jsp
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    John Cena actually reminds me of an ESTj because he has the typical piercing eyes and stone-carved look of an ESTj. Temperament-wise, he is explosive and confrontational. Movements-wise, he is not very jerky. So I was on the fence with his type.


    John Cena was the easiest one for me to type. ESFP (SEE) clicked in my head immediatly as he ran into the ring and I had him typed in about 2 seconds. If Cena is actually an ESTJ (LSE) then I have no idea what I'm talking about. On that video watch Bonds and Pujols; maybe you will see what I'm talking about. They show a side view of them swinging at the same time. Notice how their arms never really extend off their body and they move mostly with their lower body.

    Sometimes SEE can seem kind of Te (especially if they are acting). I've known some SEE who seem overly-demanding, probably a result of the hidden agenda. I think explosive and confrontational can be a result of heavy Se. Either that, or it is somewhat acting.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    I used to think that Ric Flair could be ESFp but now that I think of it, I don't think he is one.
    Yeah, Rick Flair is probably NeTi.

    I am watching the Red Sox now, I realized that Gabe Kapler sort of looks like John Cena.





    Gabe Kapler- TeSi John Cena- SeFi

    ... maybe.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  37. #37

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    YOu can tell their classification from a baseball swing?

    The general mechanics of most polished baseball swings are the same -- you're supposed to stay on your back foot, I don't think it is just something a such-and-such personality type would do.

    Granted, some batters might rotate shoulder to shoulder more, but many times that depends on how they've been trained. Some hitters may have a "curly-que" at the end of the swing, but usually it means the bat is too small or the batter is too fat. Most rotate their hips 90 degrees, the back foot is supported by the toe at 90 degrees with the leg. I don't think it has much to do with their personality. All swings have different wrist movement and different ways of traveling across the plate though.

    I wonder if top hand release (of the bat) tells anything?

  38. #38

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Extrovert
    YOu can tell their classification from a baseball swing?

    The general mechanics of most polished baseball swings are the same -- you're supposed to stay on your back foot, I don't think it is just something a such-and-such personality type would do.

    Granted, some batters might rotate shoulder to shoulder more, but many times that depends on how they've been trained. Some hitters may have a "curly-que" at the end of the swing, but usually it means the bat is too small or the batter is too fat. Most rotate their hips 90 degrees, the back foot is supported by the toe at 90 degrees with the leg. I don't think it has much to do with their personality. All swings have different wrist movement and different ways of traveling across the plate though.

    I wonder if top hand release (of the bat) tells anything?
    Yes, I am aware of diffrent coaching and swing mechanics and things like that. Yeah, if you look at someone like Griffey Jr. (SeFi) he rotates on to his back foot, but that's not exactly what I mean. I wouldn't pay too much attention to top-hand release and things like that. You mostly have to look at which muscles they use, not the style of swing. You can tell by the way people run too, for example.

    SFs include Pujols, Bonds, Tejada, Manny, Ortiz, Crawford, Jones and Abreu.

    STs include A-Rod, Pedro, Matsui, Mariano, Rolen and Clemens.

    NFs include Jeter, Soriano and Vlad (I typed him before as ENTP, but he's actually ENFP ).

    NTs include Maddux, Johnson, Edmonds, Ichiro, Giambi and Varitek.

    Quote Originally Posted by Socionics.com
    When walking or moving some ESFps may create the impression that they are walking through water. Ironically this applies mainly to more slender ESFps. Their larger, heavier counterparts are usually far more agile and nimble.
    ^^ see, this is a characteristic walk for ESFPs (and it makes sense too). Manny does this, and so do other players, such as Ronnie Belliard.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just to clear somethings up, here are what the diffrent acronyms represent:

    BEIR= ISTP= SLI
    BEAR= ISFP= SEI
    BCIR= INTP= ILI
    BCAR= INFP= IEI
    FEIR= ESTP= SLE
    FEAR= ESFP= SEE
    FCIR= ENTP= ILE
    FCAR= ENFP= IEE
    BEIL= ISTJ= LSI
    BEAL= ISFJ= ESI
    BCIL= INTJ= LII
    BCAL= INFJ= LEI
    FEIL= ESTJ= LSE
    FEAL= ESFJ= ESE
    FCIL= ENTJ= LIE
    FCAL= ENFJ= EIE
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  40. #40
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Just to clear somethings up, here are what the diffrent acronyms represent:

    BEIR= ISTP= SLI
    BEAR= ISFP= SEI
    BCIR= INTP= ILI
    BCAR= INFP= IEI......
    These acronyms on the left I am not familiar with at all. Can you explain them?

    Topaz

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •