I only found page 2:

Here's the link if you wanna see it look better: http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=2

View previous topic :: View next topic
Joy

Total Words: 446,170

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote
the military disgusts me

I feel similarly to INTjs do about people talking about pissing and shitting and periods.

I <3 little titties

DISCLAIMER: In the above post, I am speaking only for myself. If I believe, like, disbelieve, or dislike something, that does not mean that I am telling others that they should feel the same. Also, do not assume that any of my statements are absolute unless they actually contain the words ALL, ALWAYS, EVERY, NEVER, etc. Thank you.

science as magic

Total Words: 266,854

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote
that picture has very little to do with the military in my mind. of course i know the history of the picture. it is a picture of a colombian soldier blown to bits by a farc ied. in my mind it is ironic. a group that bands together with the intention to make life better for the common man snuffing out the object of that aim carelessly. it is a testament to the absurdity of the human race.

H. L. Mencken

UDP II

Total Words: 95,786

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote
"Our inherited dysfunction"

hmm...

Nessy

Total Words: 9,691

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm usual afraid that clinging to find elegance in a method may fail us. Because of this I don't think myself of INTj.

Joy wrote:
the military disgusts me

I feel similarly to INTjs do about people talking about pissing and shitting and periods.

That seems more weak function related than with warmongering.

science as magic

Total Words: 266,854

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Can you elaborate on what you meant?

H. L. Mencken

Polly

Total Words: 32,946

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Beauty to me comes in many forms.

From the graceful lines of nature to an idea that unifies and simplifies...its all beautiful.

Nessy

Total Words: 9,691

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Pedro-the-Lion wrote:
Can you elaborate on what you meant?

Use model-A. You can do it better than I.

To go further: Seeming to be a wicked-boaster is not essential in wickedness.
This reminded me of when my INTj-likely sister started talking about geekyy comics in front of parents. I was shaken, they frowned stinking out of some peculiarity "not good for kids" and she looked like to notice nothing at all.

I was afraid her Mom would persuade us (most of them is mine) to throw them away because of wickedness, and her Dad complains to kin of us being forty years old virgin absorbed in 2-D people. Actually, it's not about boasting of her taste. She used to watch her favorite music DVDs at midnight pretending to study. She was (and probably still is) shy to let people know she's into Morrissey, but talking about comics, she thought, was not going to cause any problem.

I don't think she's not serious having only few of hers. She muttered about her shameless anime nerd friends, but I just didn't know what's the difference between their behavior and hers. What she feels about her (or others) interestings was matter, not how people react frowningly with her; it's opposite of my risk management policy (Rolling EyesLaughing) about it.

Though I'm not sure you still think yourself of INTj. I guess it's yet the most likely.

Austy

Total Words: 2,908

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Winterpark's first post about American Beauty fits with me.

RationalNT wrote:
http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm Thanks, I Will look into it. Remember I am an INTJ, we are masters at Constingency organizing and learning. The most open-minded of all types.

Me: I want to put my name on you...

soggy-flakes

Total Words: 30,396

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote
I find beauty in symmetry and mathematical patterns. Elegant theories that just make you go AHA!

nightengale

Total Words: 86

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
I think beauty is when something makes me feel. I don't feel much very often...and only something rare will.

I don't find beauty if math really. But I do find it in the psychology of the human mind. The way people react differently to there situations and environments adn with each other.

Crap- I would love to be a therapist but the only problem is I am really bad at sympathizing with someone because i look at things from a logical point of view. lol Smile

aurora_faerie

Total Words: 64,293

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:43 am Post subject: Re: Alpha - how do you see beauty? Reply with quote
UDP II wrote:
There are a lot of variations, but one I can think of right now is when things work well. Improving those things is even better. But in general, when somemthing works very well, that is in a way beautiful to me. I like maximizing situations.

Oh God, I feel exactly the same way. I'm glad you posted this. Smile

Of course there are many things that are aestheticly beatuiful...those things frustrate me so much because I can't do anything with them except look...normally. There are exceptions such as nature which you can interact with.

You can't entrust the Sword of Truth to a n00b!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

aurora_faerie

Total Words: 64,293

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote
xiuxiu wrote:
Winterpark wrote:
Hard to describe. Maybe as in "American Beauty".

"It was one of those days when it's a minute away from snowing and there's this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it. And this bag was, like, dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. And that's the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember... and I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in."

get that gay beta shit out of here

That isn't nice lol >_>

You can't entrust the Sword of Truth to a n00b!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

UDP II

Total Words: 95,786

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome to ALPHA, AF`

You're an ISFp?

ILENTp

Total Words: 9,617

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
A simple concept that sums up something vast and complex. Like this one:

MysticSonic

Total Words: 103,366

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
For myself, beauty is the expression of the complex in a condensed format, be it visual, literary, auditory, or mathematical---all may contain beauty if they succinctly sum up a portion of reality.
"To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."