Results 1 to 37 of 37

Thread: NEW TEST

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default NEW TEST

    THE FOLLOWING TEST HELPS YOU TO DETERMINE YOUR PSYCHOLOGICAL TYPE. READ THE DETAILS CAREFULLY. BE HONEST.




    Part One

    Below are eight groups of words. Which group of words can you most strongly associate yourself with?

    o Positive emotions, happiness, merriment, emotional lift, enthusiasm, laughter, optimism, a good mood, the experience of happiness; pleasant sensations, comfort, convenience, accordion, beauty, attractiveness, leisure, health, weakening, a good health, pleasure, enjoyment, sensitivity. (ESFJ/ISFp)

    o Prospect, possibility, positive potential, essence, essence, principles, new ideas, the advancement of hypotheses, theory, insight, interest, originality, unusualness, excellence, faith; abstractness, universality, system, classification, typology, general regularities, objectivity, truth, validity, analysis, the logic of science, criterion. (ENTp/INTj)

    o Benefit, efficiency, technology, facts, acquisition, accumulation, purchase, economy, the guidance of order, practicality; discomfort, inconvenience, disharmony, disgrace, unattractiveness, fatigue, stress, disease, poor health, suffering, pain. (ESTj/ISTp)

    o Good relations, love, friendship, sympathy, attraction, heat of relations, sociability, close psychological distance, it is kind, pity; lack of promise, alternative, negative potential, the absence of essence, senselessness, paradox, the forgotten old, greyness, mediocrity, the depressing possibilities, disbelief, sensation. (ENFp/INFj)

    o Assumption of power, subordination, attack, aggression, attack, initiative, persistence, exactingness, volitional pressure from top to bottom, the assertion of its interests due to others, overthrow, weakness, weak will, mastery; concreteness, detail, detailed study, carefulness, strictness, place into the hierarchy, the laws, the decisions, the instructions, the selection of the best version, the logic of organisation. (ESTp/ISTj)

    o The past, the calculation of errors, the avoidance of danger, anxiety, vague uneasiness, the ripening of the crisis, revolution, jump in the time, the skill to insure against the troubles, sharp shifts, discrepancy, the moment of decisive actions, divergence, divergence; negative emotions, mountain, grief, melancholy, the emotional decrease, depression, weeping, tears, dissatisfaction, pessimism, poor mood, the experience of misfortune. (ENFj/INFp)

    o The retention of authority, insubordination, protection, defence, retaliatory attack, counterattack, hardness, settling your interests, volitional pressure from bottom to top, the force of will, possession; poor relations, hatred, hostility, antipathy, repulsion, alienation, unsociability, distant psychological distance, evil, mercilessness. (ESFp/ISFj)

    o Future, a change of the situation with time, prediction, foresight, gradual development, evolution, planned ascending, the dynamics of changes, temporary flow, imagination, consistency, imperceptible changes, step by step, convergence; uselessness, disadvantageousness, use, application, wear, expenditures, expenditure, risk, experiment, sale, trade, action under the conditions of chaos, resourcefulness. (ENTj/INTp)




    Part Two

    Below are two groups of words. Which group of words can you most strongly associate yourself with?

    ESFj/ISFp
    o Benefit, efficiency, technology, facts, acquisition, accumulation, purchase, economy, the guidance of order, practicality. (ESFj)
    o Future, a change of the situation with time, prediction, foresight, gradual development, evolution, planned ascending, the dynamics of changes, temporary flow, imagination, consistency, imperceptible changes, step by step, convergence. (ISFp)

    ENTp/INTj
    o Good relations, love, friendship, sympathy, attraction, heat of relations, sociability, close psychological distance, it is kind, pity. (INTj)

    o The retention of authority, insubordination, protection, defence, retaliatory attack, counterattack, hardness, settling your interests, volitional pressure from bottom to top, the force of will, possession. (ENTp)

    ESTj/ISTp
    o Positive emotions, happiness, merriment, emotional lift, enthusiasm, laughter, optimism, a good mood, the experience of happiness. (ESTj)

    o Future, a change of the situation with time, prediction, foresight, gradual development, evolution, planned ascending, the dynamics of changes, temporary flow, imagination, consistency, imperceptible changes, step by step, convergence. (ISTp)

    ENFp/INFj
    o The retention of authority, insubordination, protection, defence, retaliatory attack, counterattack, hardness, settling your interests, volitional pressure from bottom to top, the force of will, possession. (ENFp)

    o Concreteness, detail, detailed study, carefulness, strictness, place into the hierarchy, the laws, the decisions, the instructions, the selection of the best version, the logic of organisation. (INFj)

    ESTp/ISTj
    o Prospect, possibility, positive potential, essence, essence, principles, new ideas, the advancement of hypotheses, theory, insight, interest, originality, unusualness, excellence, faith. (ESTp)

    o Good relations, love, friendship, sympathy, attraction, heat of relations, sociability, close psychological distance, it is kind, pity. (ISTj)

    ENFj/INFp
    o Benefit, efficiency, technology, facts, acquisition, accumulation, purchase, economy, the guidance of order, practicality. (ENFj)

    o Pleasant sensations, comfort, convenience, accordion, beauty, attractiveness, leisure, health, weakening, a good health, pleasure, enjoyment, sensitivity. (INFp)

    ESFp/ISFj
    o Concreteness, detail, detailed study, carefulness, strictness, place into the hierarchy, the laws, the decisions, the instructions, the selection of the best version, the logic of organisation. (ISFj)

    o Prospect, possibility, positive potential, essence, essence, principles, new ideas, the advancement of hypotheses, theory, insight, interest, originality, unusualness, excellence, faith. (ESFp)

    ENTj/INTp
    o Positive emotions, happiness, merriment, emotional lift, enthusiasm, laughter, optimism, a good mood, the experience of happiness. (ENTj)

    o Pleasant sensations, comfort, convenience, accordion, beauty, attractiveness, leisure, health, weakening, a good health, pleasure, enjoyment, sensitivity. (INTp)




    Part Three

    Below are two groups of words. Which group of words can you most strongly associate yourself with?

    ESFj/ISFp
    o Positive emotions, happiness, merriment, emotional lift, enthusiasm, laughter, optimism, a good mood, the experience of happiness. (Feeling subtype)

    o Pleasant sensations, comfort, convenience, accordion, beauty, attractiveness, leisure, health, weakening, a good health, pleasure, enjoyment, sensitivity. (Sensing subtype)

    ENTp/INTj
    o Prospect, possibility, positive potential, essence, essence, principles, new ideas, the advancement of hypotheses, theory, insight, interest, originality, unusualness, excellence, faith. (Intuitive subtype)

    o Abstractness, universality, system, classification, typology, general regularities, objectivity, truth, validity, analysis, the logic of science, criterion. (Thinking subtype)

    ESTj/ISTp
    o Benefit, efficiency, technology, facts, acquisition, accumulation, purchase, economy, the guidance of order, practicality. (Thinking subtype)

    o Discomfort, inconvenience, disharmony, disgrace, unattractiveness, fatigue, stress, disease, poor health, suffering, pain. (Sensing subtype)

    ENFp/INFj
    o Good relations, love, friendship, sympathy, attraction, heat of relations, sociability, close psychological distance, it is kind, pity. (Feeling subtype)

    o Lack of promise, alternative, negative potential, the absence of essence, senselessness, paradox, the forgotten old, greyness, mediocrity, the depressing possibilities, disbelief, sensation. (Intuitive subtype)

    ESTp/ISTj
    o Assumption of power, subordination, attack, aggression, attack, initiative, persistence, exactingness, volitional pressure from top to bottom, the assertion of its interests due to others, overthrow, weakness, weak will, mastery. (Sensing subtype)

    o Concreteness, detail, detailed study, carefulness, strictness, place into the hierarchy, the laws, the decisions, the instructions, the selection of the best version, the logic of organisation. (Thinking subtype)

    ENFj/INFp
    o The past, the calculation of errors, the avoidance of danger, anxiety, vague uneasiness, the ripening of the crisis, revolution, jump in the time, the skill to insure against the troubles, sharp shifts, discrepancy, the moment of decisive actions, divergence, divergence. (Intuitive subtype)

    o Negative emotions, mountain, grief, melancholy, the emotional decrease, depression, weeping, tears, dissatisfaction, pessimism, poor mood, the experience of misfortune. (Feeling subtype)

    ESFp/ISFj
    o The retention of authority, insubordination, protection, defence, retaliatory attack, counterattack, hardness, settling your interests, volitional pressure from bottom to top, the force of will, possession. (Sensing subtype)

    o Poor relations, hatred, hostility, antipathy, repulsion, alienation, unsociability, distant psychological distance, evil, mercilessness. (Feeling subtype)

    ENTj/INTp
    o Future, a change of the situation with time, prediction, foresight, gradual development, evolution, planned ascending, the dynamics of changes, temporary flow, imagination, consistency, imperceptible changes, step by step, convergence. (Intuitive subtype)

    o Uselessness, disadvantageousness, use, application, wear, expenditures, expenditure, risk, experiment, sale, trade, action under the conditions of chaos, resourcefulness. (Thinking subtype)

  2. #2
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    It worked for me.

    However, I think that Part 1 was a little hard to get through. Otherwise, parts 2 and three worked best.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    o Prospect, possibility, positive potential, essence, essence, principles, new ideas, the advancement of hypotheses, theory, insight, interest, originality, unusualness, excellence, faith; abstractness, universality, system, classification, typology, general regularities, objectivity, truth, validity, analysis, the logic of science, criterion. (ENTp/INTj)

    o Benefit, efficiency, technology, facts, acquisition, accumulation, purchase, economy, the guidance of order, practicality; discomfort, inconvenience, disharmony, disgrace, unattractiveness, fatigue, stress, disease, poor health, suffering, pain. (ESTj/ISTp)
    WTF Hugo? Where did all these negatives come in from ISTP/ESTJ? You only had one bad word in all of the ENTP/INTJ description. AND MOST OF THOSE NEGAVTIVES AREN'T EVEN TRUE!

    I'd probably pick ENTP/INTJ if I saw that.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes there are negative words, but they are supposed to honestly reflect the types.

    With honesty would you say that what is said is true?

  5. #5
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's supposedly the positive/negative aspects of particular functions; ISFps possess the positive aspects, ISTps possess the negative sort of aspects.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  6. #6
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Yes there are negative words, but they are supposed to honestly reflect the types.

    With honesty would you say that what is said is true?
    For the words "suffering" and "pain" yes. To be honest, I don't know where you got the other ones from though. Most of them seem to talk about having a poor Si, not a strong one.

    EDIT: thanks Mystic. Hugo, you were confused here.

    the skill to identify, to foresee discomfort, pain, disease, disharmony.
    It says the SKILL TO IDENTIFY those things. Not that ISTPs experience all those things.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  8. #8
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm beggining to think it's supposed to mean a hightened sensitivity to such things, NOT attempting to indicate that people who possess the "long range" aspect of a particular function possess these traits.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  9. #9
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, Rocky got it.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  10. #10
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I got INTj, but my subtype results were a bit inconclusive, if not leaning a bit towards the intuitive subtype.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  11. #11
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Yes there are negative words, but they are supposed to honestly reflect the types.

    With honesty would you say that what is said is true?
    The problem is that while others looking at someone may associate those traits with someone else it's highly unlikely the person themselves will see themselves that way. You need to find out how the types themselves view those traits and find the words that they'll be able to associate with.

    Also, it'd be interesting to see the results you get if people didn't know which traits correlated with each type. Instead of putting ENTj/INTp beside something give it a number which people can answer with. Then, once enough people have given answers edit the post to show the types beside the keywords so people can see their results. This should prevent people from being influenced by previous knowledge of their type and give you much better results to work from.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rocky: I've re-worded the questions. Does it work for you now?

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Steve, my point was that these aren't negatives of ISTP/ESTJ,

    discomfort, inconvenience, disharmony, disgrace, unattractiveness, fatigue, stress, disease, poor health
    Like I said above, avoiding these things are actually a strength for ISTPs and ESTJs. Hugo got it mixed up, that's why I said something.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Yes there are negative words, but they are supposed to honestly reflect the types.

    With honesty would you say that what is said is true?
    The problem is that while others looking at someone may associate those traits with someone else it's highly unlikely the person themselves will see themselves that way. You need to find out how the types themselves view those traits and find the words that they'll be able to associate with.

    Also, it'd be interesting to see the results you get if people didn't know which traits correlated with each type. Instead of putting ENTj/INTp beside something give it a number which people can answer with. Then, once enough people have given answers edit the post to show the types beside the keywords so people can see their results. This should prevent people from being influenced by previous knowledge of their type and give you much better results to work from.
    I think that if people are honest with themselves, they see these aspects within themselves.

  15. #15
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How is unattractiveness even related to type?
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Rocky: I've re-worded the questions. Does it work for you now?
    Huh? is it just me or is this exactly the same as before?

    Benefit, efficiency, technology, facts, acquisition, accumulation, purchase, economy, the guidance of order, practicality; discomfort, inconvenience, disharmony, disgrace, unattractiveness, fatigue, stress, disease, poor health, suffering, pain. (ESTj/ISTp)
    The words underlined are weaknesses, but the BOLD words are NOT.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    How is unattractiveness even related to type?
    I'm not sure, but how is disease or disgrace related either? That's why I thought it was a little messed up. Maybe they are saying that people with a strong Si can easily fix these things, or avoid them, but that's about as far as it goes.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The question says:

    Which group of words can you most strongly identify yourself with?

  19. #19
    Creepy-

    Default

    fsdf

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    The question says:

    Which group of words can you most strongly identify yourself with?
    I didn't have a problem with the wording of the question. The problem is that the ISTP/ESTJ (and also the INFP/ENFJ) descrptions are WRONG. That's what should have been fixed.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  21. #21
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually, the ENFj/INFp description seems to have a half-truth within it...
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    ISTp will read "discomfort, inconvenience, disharmony, disgrace, unattractiveness, fatigue, stress, disease, poor health, suffering, pain" and realize "yes, I do focus on these things to avoid them."
    Maybe if he puts, "Tries to avoid..." or "Concerned with" in front it would make sense.


    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Actually, the ENFj/INFp description seems to have a half-truth within it...
    hmm, Kurt Cobain anyone? I think those would only describe the very depressed ones and most wouldn't associate themselves with it.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  24. #24
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You're probably right, although ENFjs are probably the most "emotionally intense" type.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've re-worded the question to:

    Which group of words describes the things that you most strongly concern yourself with?

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In that case I'd get ESFJ with sensory subtype.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  27. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: NEW TEST

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    THE FOLLOWING TEST HELPS YOU TO DETERMINE YOUR PSYCHOLOGICAL TYPE. READ THE DETAILS CAREFULLY. BE HONEST.




    Part One

    Below are eight groups of words. Which group of words can you most strongly associate yourself with?

    o Positive emotions, happiness, merriment, emotional lift, enthusiasm, laughter, optimism, a good mood, the experience of happiness; pleasant sensations, comfort, convenience, accordion, beauty, attractiveness, leisure, health, weakening, a good health, pleasure, enjoyment, sensitivity. (ESFJ/ISFp)

    o Prospect, possibility, positive potential, essence, essence, principles, new ideas, the advancement of hypotheses, theory, insight, interest, originality, unusualness, excellence, faith; abstractness, universality, system, classification, typology, general regularities, objectivity, truth, validity, analysis, the logic of science, criterion. (ENTp/INTj)

    o Benefit, efficiency, technology, facts, acquisition, accumulation, purchase, economy, the guidance of order, practicality; discomfort, inconvenience, disharmony, disgrace, unattractiveness, fatigue, stress, disease, poor health, suffering, pain. (ESTj/ISTp)

    o Good relations, love, friendship, sympathy, attraction, heat of relations, sociability, close psychological distance, it is kind, pity; lack of promise, alternative, negative potential, the absence of essence, senselessness, paradox, the forgotten old, greyness, mediocrity, the depressing possibilities, disbelief, sensation. (ENFp/INFj)

    o Assumption of power, subordination, attack, aggression, attack, initiative, persistence, exactingness, volitional pressure from top to bottom, the assertion of its interests due to others, overthrow, weakness, weak will, mastery; concreteness, detail, detailed study, carefulness, strictness, place into the hierarchy, the laws, the decisions, the instructions, the selection of the best version, the logic of organisation. (ESTp/ISTj)

    o The past, the calculation of errors, the avoidance of danger, anxiety, vague uneasiness, the ripening of the crisis, revolution, jump in the time, the skill to insure against the troubles, sharp shifts, discrepancy, the moment of decisive actions, divergence, divergence; negative emotions, mountain, grief, melancholy, the emotional decrease, depression, weeping, tears, dissatisfaction, pessimism, poor mood, the experience of misfortune. (ENFj/INFp)

    o The retention of authority, insubordination, protection, defence, retaliatory attack, counterattack, hardness, settling your interests, volitional pressure from bottom to top, the force of will, possession; poor relations, hatred, hostility, antipathy, repulsion, alienation, unsociability, distant psychological distance, evil, mercilessness. (ESFp/ISFj)

    o Future, a change of the situation with time, prediction, foresight, gradual development, evolution, planned ascending, the dynamics of changes, temporary flow, imagination, consistency, imperceptible changes, step by step, convergence; uselessness, disadvantageousness, use, application, wear, expenditures, expenditure, risk, experiment, sale, trade, action under the conditions of chaos, resourcefulness. (ENTj/INTp)




    Part Two

    Below are two groups of words. Which group of words can you most strongly associate yourself with?

    ESFj/ISFp
    o Benefit, efficiency, technology, facts, acquisition, accumulation, purchase, economy, the guidance of order, practicality. (ESFj)
    o Future, a change of the situation with time, prediction, foresight, gradual development, evolution, planned ascending, the dynamics of changes, temporary flow, imagination, consistency, imperceptible changes, step by step, convergence. (ISFp)

    ENTp/INTj
    o Good relations, love, friendship, sympathy, attraction, heat of relations, sociability, close psychological distance, it is kind, pity. (INTj)

    o The retention of authority, insubordination, protection, defence, retaliatory attack, counterattack, hardness, settling your interests, volitional pressure from bottom to top, the force of will, possession. (ENTp)

    ESTj/ISTp
    o Positive emotions, happiness, merriment, emotional lift, enthusiasm, laughter, optimism, a good mood, the experience of happiness. (ESTj)

    o Future, a change of the situation with time, prediction, foresight, gradual development, evolution, planned ascending, the dynamics of changes, temporary flow, imagination, consistency, imperceptible changes, step by step, convergence. (ISTp)

    ENFp/INFj
    o The retention of authority, insubordination, protection, defence, retaliatory attack, counterattack, hardness, settling your interests, volitional pressure from bottom to top, the force of will, possession. (ENFp)

    o Concreteness, detail, detailed study, carefulness, strictness, place into the hierarchy, the laws, the decisions, the instructions, the selection of the best version, the logic of organisation. (INFj)

    ESTp/ISTj
    o Prospect, possibility, positive potential, essence, essence, principles, new ideas, the advancement of hypotheses, theory, insight, interest, originality, unusualness, excellence, faith. (ESTp)

    o Good relations, love, friendship, sympathy, attraction, heat of relations, sociability, close psychological distance, it is kind, pity. (ISTj)

    ENFj/INFp
    o Benefit, efficiency, technology, facts, acquisition, accumulation, purchase, economy, the guidance of order, practicality. (ENFj)

    o Pleasant sensations, comfort, convenience, accordion, beauty, attractiveness, leisure, health, weakening, a good health, pleasure, enjoyment, sensitivity. (INFp)

    ESFp/ISFj
    o Concreteness, detail, detailed study, carefulness, strictness, place into the hierarchy, the laws, the decisions, the instructions, the selection of the best version, the logic of organisation. (ISFj)

    o Prospect, possibility, positive potential, essence, essence, principles, new ideas, the advancement of hypotheses, theory, insight, interest, originality, unusualness, excellence, faith. (ESFp)

    ENTj/INTp
    o Positive emotions, happiness, merriment, emotional lift, enthusiasm, laughter, optimism, a good mood, the experience of happiness. (ENTj)

    o Pleasant sensations, comfort, convenience, accordion, beauty, attractiveness, leisure, health, weakening, a good health, pleasure, enjoyment, sensitivity. (INTp)




    Part Three

    Below are two groups of words. Which group of words can you most strongly associate yourself with?

    ESFj/ISFp
    o Positive emotions, happiness, merriment, emotional lift, enthusiasm, laughter, optimism, a good mood, the experience of happiness. (Feeling subtype)

    o Pleasant sensations, comfort, convenience, accordion, beauty, attractiveness, leisure, health, weakening, a good health, pleasure, enjoyment, sensitivity. (Sensing subtype)

    ENTp/INTj
    o Prospect, possibility, positive potential, essence, essence, principles, new ideas, the advancement of hypotheses, theory, insight, interest, originality, unusualness, excellence, faith. (Intuitive subtype)

    o Abstractness, universality, system, classification, typology, general regularities, objectivity, truth, validity, analysis, the logic of science, criterion. (Thinking subtype)

    ESTj/ISTp
    o Benefit, efficiency, technology, facts, acquisition, accumulation, purchase, economy, the guidance of order, practicality. (Thinking subtype)

    o Discomfort, inconvenience, disharmony, disgrace, unattractiveness, fatigue, stress, disease, poor health, suffering, pain. (Sensing subtype)

    ENFp/INFj
    o Good relations, love, friendship, sympathy, attraction, heat of relations, sociability, close psychological distance, it is kind, pity. (Feeling subtype)

    o Lack of promise, alternative, negative potential, the absence of essence, senselessness, paradox, the forgotten old, greyness, mediocrity, the depressing possibilities, disbelief, sensation. (Intuitive subtype)

    ESTp/ISTj
    o Assumption of power, subordination, attack, aggression, attack, initiative, persistence, exactingness, volitional pressure from top to bottom, the assertion of its interests due to others, overthrow, weakness, weak will, mastery. (Sensing subtype)

    o Concreteness, detail, detailed study, carefulness, strictness, place into the hierarchy, the laws, the decisions, the instructions, the selection of the best version, the logic of organisation. (Thinking subtype)

    ENFj/INFp
    o The past, the calculation of errors, the avoidance of danger, anxiety, vague uneasiness, the ripening of the crisis, revolution, jump in the time, the skill to insure against the troubles, sharp shifts, discrepancy, the moment of decisive actions, divergence, divergence. (Intuitive subtype)

    o Negative emotions, mountain, grief, melancholy, the emotional decrease, depression, weeping, tears, dissatisfaction, pessimism, poor mood, the experience of misfortune. (Feeling subtype)

    ESFp/ISFj
    o The retention of authority, insubordination, protection, defence, retaliatory attack, counterattack, hardness, settling your interests, volitional pressure from bottom to top, the force of will, possession. (Sensing subtype)

    o Poor relations, hatred, hostility, antipathy, repulsion, alienation, unsociability, distant psychological distance, evil, mercilessness. (Feeling subtype)

    ENTj/INTp
    o Future, a change of the situation with time, prediction, foresight, gradual development, evolution, planned ascending, the dynamics of changes, temporary flow, imagination, consistency, imperceptible changes, step by step, convergence. (Intuitive subtype)

    o Uselessness, disadvantageousness, use, application, wear, expenditures, expenditure, risk, experiment, sale, trade, action under the conditions of chaos, resourcefulness. (Thinking subtype)

  28. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Question re-worded:

    Which group of words can you most strongly associate yourself with?

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    65
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hugo, I decided to do some reformating of your test to avoid that it reveals any possible clues about what the different pargraphs mean. Please tell me your thoughts on this:

    Instructions:

    In part one, you will recevie a number found in the parantheses after your selected group of words. During the rest of the test, you will only choose between the two gropus listed below your number. The result in part three depends on your result in part two. You receive two different alternatives in part three. This depends on part two. The letter that you receive in part two is a capital letter and must be a capital letter in part three. Example: If you recive an A in part two, then your result in part three must include an ”A” instead of ”a”. An example of the whole process would be: First, I chose 1, then I choose G, then I chose G/a (instead of a/G). The result is G/a, and will be explained in the next post.


    Part One


    Below are eight groups of words. Which group of words can you most strongly associate yourself with?


    o Positive emotions, happiness, merriment, emotional lift, enthusiasm, laughter, optimism, a good mood, the experience of happiness; pleasant sensations, comfort, convenience, accordion, beauty, attractiveness, leisure, health, weakening, a good health, pleasure, enjoyment, sensitivity. (1)

    o Prospect, possibility, positive potential, essence, essence, principles, new ideas, the advancement of hypotheses, theory, insight, interest, originality, unusualness, excellence, faith; abstractness, universality, system, classification, typology, general regularities, objectivity, truth, validity, analysis, the logic of science, criterion. (2)

    o Benefit, efficiency, technology, facts, acquisition, accumulation, purchase, economy, the guidance of order, practicality; discomfort, inconvenience, disharmony, disgrace, unattractiveness, fatigue, stress, disease, poor health, suffering, pain. (3)

    o Good relations, love, friendship, sympathy, attraction, heat of relations, sociability, close psychological distance, it is kind, pity; lack of promise, alternative, negative potential, the absence of essence, senselessness, paradox, the forgotten old, greyness, mediocrity, the depressing possibilities, disbelief, sensation. (4)

    o Assumption of power, subordination, attack, aggression, attack, initiative, persistence, exactingness, volitional pressure from top to bottom, the assertion of its interests due to others, overthrow, weakness, weak will, mastery; concreteness, detail, detailed study, carefulness, strictness, place into the hierarchy, the laws, the decisions, the instructions, the selection of the best version, the logic of organisation. (5)

    o The past, the calculation of errors, the avoidance of danger, anxiety, vague uneasiness, the ripening of the crisis, revolution, jump in the time, the skill to insure against the troubles, sharp shifts, discrepancy, the moment of decisive actions, divergence, divergence; negative emotions, mountain, grief, melancholy, the emotional decrease, depression, weeping, tears, dissatisfaction, pessimism, poor mood, the experience of misfortune. (6)

    o The retention of authority, insubordination, protection, defence, retaliatory attack, counterattack, hardness, settling your interests, volitional pressure from bottom to top, the force of will, possession; poor relations, hatred, hostility, antipathy, repulsion, alienation, unsociability, distant psychological distance, evil, mercilessness. (7)

    o Future, a change of the situation with time, prediction, foresight, gradual development, evolution, planned ascending, the dynamics of changes, temporary flow, imagination, consistency, imperceptible changes, step by step, convergence; uselessness, disadvantageousness, use, application, wear, expenditures, expenditure, risk, experiment, sale, trade, action under the conditions of chaos, resourcefulness. (8)




    Part Two


    Below are two groups of words. Which group of words can you most strongly associate yourself with?

    1.
    o Benefit, efficiency, technology, facts, acquisition, accumulation, purchase, economy, the guidance of order, practicality. (A)
    o Future, a change of the situation with time, prediction, foresight, gradual development, evolution, planned ascending, the dynamics of changes, temporary flow, imagination, consistency, imperceptible changes, step by step, convergence. (G)

    2
    o Good relations, love, friendship, sympathy, attraction, heat of relations, sociability, close psychological distance, it is kind, pity. (F)

    o The retention of authority, insubordination, protection, defence, retaliatory attack, counterattack, hardness, settling your interests, volitional pressure from bottom to top, the force of will, possession. (D)

    3
    o Positive emotions, happiness, merriment, emotional lift, enthusiasm, laughter, optimism, a good mood, the experience of happiness. (B)

    o Future, a change of the situation with time, prediction, foresight, gradual development, evolution, planned ascending, the dynamics of changes, temporary flow, imagination, consistency, imperceptible changes, step by step, convergence. (G)

    4
    o The retention of authority, insubordination, protection, defence, retaliatory attack, counterattack, hardness, settling your interests, volitional pressure from bottom to top, the force of will, possession. (D)

    o Concreteness, detail, detailed study, carefulness, strictness, place into the hierarchy, the laws, the decisions, the instructions, the selection of the best version, the logic of organisation. (E)

    5
    o Prospect, possibility, positive potential, essence, essence, principles, new ideas, the advancement of hypotheses, theory, insight, interest, originality, unusualness, excellence, faith.( C)

    o Good relations, love, friendship, sympathy, attraction, heat of relations, sociability, close psychological distance, it is kind, pity. (G)

    6
    o Benefit, efficiency, technology, facts, acquisition, accumulation, purchase, economy, the guidance of order, practicality. (A)

    o Pleasant sensations, comfort, convenience, accordion, beauty, attractiveness, leisure, health, weakening, a good health, pleasure, enjoyment, sensitivity. (H)

    7
    o Concreteness, detail, detailed study, carefulness, strictness, place into the hierarchy, the laws, the decisions, the instructions, the selection of the best version, the logic of organisation. (E)

    o Prospect, possibility, positive potential, essence, essence, principles, new ideas, the advancement of hypotheses, theory, insight, interest, originality, unusualness, excellence, faith. (C)

    8
    o Positive emotions, happiness, merriment, emotional lift, enthusiasm, laughter, optimism, a good mood, the experience of happiness. (B)

    o Pleasant sensations, comfort, convenience, accordion, beauty, attractiveness, leisure, health, weakening, a good health, pleasure, enjoyment, sensitivity. (H)




    Part Three

    Below are two groups of words. Which group of words can you most strongly associate yourself with?
    1
    o Positive emotions, happiness, merriment, emotional lift, enthusiasm, laughter, optimism, a good mood, the experience of happiness. (A/g or a/G)

    o Pleasant sensations, comfort, convenience, accordion, beauty, attractiveness, leisure, health, weakening, a good health, pleasure, enjoyment, sensitivity. (G/a or g/A)

    2

    o Prospect, possibility, positive potential, essence, essence, principles, new ideas, the advancement of hypotheses, theory, insight, interest, originality, unusualness, excellence, faith. (D/f or d/F)

    o Abstractness, universality, system, classification, typology, general regularities, objectivity, truth, validity, analysis, the logic of science, criterion. (F/d or f/D)

    3
    o Benefit, efficiency, technology, facts, acquisition, accumulation, purchase, economy, the guidance of order, practicality. (B/g or b/G))

    o Discomfort, inconvenience, disharmony, disgrace, unattractiveness, fatigue, stress, disease, poor health, suffering, pain. (G/b or g/B))

    4
    o Good relations, love, friendship, sympathy, attraction, heat of relations, sociability, close psychological distance, it is kind, pity. (E/d or e/D)

    o Lack of promise, alternative, negative potential, the absence of essence, senselessness, paradox, the forgotten old, greyness, mediocrity, the depressing possibilities, disbelief, sensation. (D/e or d/E)

    5
    o Assumption of power, subordination, attack, aggression, attack, initiative, persistence, exactingness, volitional pressure from top to bottom, the assertion of its interests due to others, overthrow, weakness, weak will, mastery. (C/f or c/F)

    o Concreteness, detail, detailed study, carefulness, strictness, place into the hierarchy, the laws, the decisions, the instructions, the selection of the best version, the logic of organisation. (F/c or f/C)

    6
    o The past, the calculation of errors, the avoidance of danger, anxiety, vague uneasiness, the ripening of the crisis, revolution, jump in the time, the skill to insure against the troubles, sharp shifts, discrepancy, the moment of decisive actions, divergence, divergence. (H/a or h/A)

    o Negative emotions, mountain, grief, melancholy, the emotional decrease, depression, weeping, tears, dissatisfaction, pessimism, poor mood, the experience of misfortune. (A/h or a/H)

    7
    o The retention of authority, insubordination, protection, defence, retaliatory attack, counterattack, hardness, settling your interests, volitional pressure from bottom to top, the force of will, possession. (C/e or c/E)

    o Poor relations, hatred, hostility, antipathy, repulsion, alienation, unsociability, distant psychological distance, evil, mercilessness. (E/c or e/C)

    8
    o Future, a change of the situation with time, prediction, foresight, gradual development, evolution, planned ascending, the dynamics of changes, temporary flow, imagination, consistency, imperceptible changes, step by step, convergence. (H/b or h/B)

    o Uselessness, disadvantageousness, use, application, wear, expenditures, expenditure, risk, experiment, sale, trade, action under the conditions of chaos, resourcefulness. (B/h or b/H)

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    65
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The letters in the answer correspond to specific functions. They are as follows:

    A/a: Fe
    B/b: Te
    C/c: Se
    D/d: Ne
    E/e: Fi
    F/f: Ti
    G/g: Si
    H/h: Ni

    The capital letter represents the base funtion, while the small letter represents the creative funtion. They are then ordered in terms of strength in the answer. The results G/a means that your base funtion is Si, while your creative function is Fe. This means that you would be an ISFp with a sensing subtype. The answer a/G would mean that your creative function is stronger, and thus you would be an ISFp with a feeling subtype.

    I am in a hurry so I have some things I would like to put better and formatt differently but I hope that this will be sufficent.

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    501
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually, the ENFj/INFp description seems to have a half-truth within it...
    Oddly enough, it seems to work for me. It is more centered on the "depressed ones", but there are to many qualities that don't fit with me in the other choices so this ends up working.

    Hugo, take in mind though, there are many people who are in denial of many truths. This way not work for many because their self-perception is much different from reality.

  32. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Heimdallr:

    Thanks for you input. It is a bit confusing for me , but is probably some thing I can get used to.

    It might be better to have no symbols at all and to have a separate score sheet. But anyway I'm trying to see if it works first, and if it does then I can think about making the test computerised.

  33. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hugo, I like this test ... I think you have finally stumbled on something that is actually reliable and workable ... it actually types me as ENTp and not INTj or ENFj.

    I would even go so far as to expend a personal effort to computerize the test for everyone, taking it is workable.

  34. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've sent Rocky a message to see if the test works for him now. If it does then we can talk about making a computerised version, which would be excellent.

    But as HarryBottom said, people don't want to see negative things within themselves, and so the test might not work for those people. For example look at the ISTp description.

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hugo, this is what I wrote before,

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Benefit, efficiency, technology, facts, acquisition, accumulation, purchase, economy, the guidance of order, practicality; discomfort, inconvenience, disharmony, disgrace, unattractiveness, fatigue, stress, disease, poor health, suffering, pain. (ESTj/ISTp)
    The words underlined are weaknesses, but the BOLD words are NOT.
    I'm not trying to hide anything here, but those words shouldn't be thought of as weaknesses for ISTPs and ESTJs. AVOIDING those are actually a STRENGTH; you just mixed up the descriptions.

    Here's the original description,

    the ability to feel interaction of the physical properties of objects in the space.
    tendency toward the comfort and the skill it to create on the large space.
    tendency toward the satisfaction of the physical needs on a scale of society.
    the aesthetics of space.
    ergonomics of space, topographical design.
    tendency toward the new physical sensations: the collectivization of sensations; - the skill to identify, to foresee discomfort, pain, disease, disharmony. tendency toward the tactile contact as the method of the collection of information about the physical properties of objects.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  36. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It seems that it doesn't work then. There are two different sources for seeing + and - descriptions for function. One is this site, which Rocky used, and one is socionics.org, which I used.

  37. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm gonna make a new test.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •