Thread: Nirvana: types band members besides Cobain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nirvana: types band members besides Cobain

So, just curious to see what you think. Nirvana, now, everybody always discusses Cobain's type, I believe him to be INFP, but we WON'T go into that. This post is for the OTHER members. What do you think?

Here's a picture of the three of them, for those of you who like V.I.:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

There's a ton of interviews and things all over the internet of coarse, and their pretty easy to find... I just don't typically feel like compiling any right now. I'll post some later I guess.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Kurt Cobain is an INFP and Dave Grohl is an ISTP. I have no idea about the other guy.

Intersting... I never realized how much Cobain looks like ENFJ Tom Cruise, hmmmm.......?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

elbow tchaikovsky freezer burn

Creepy-

kurt coban is INFJ

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bull.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kurt coban is INFJ
    Don't get me started about this, I said that's not what this thread was for. So lets not make it that way... Please.

MysticSonic wrote:
    Bull.

Who, me?
    I'm pretty sure he meant the guest. I think what you said makes a lot of sence.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harry's right, I was referring to the guest.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dave Grohl has been saying recently that when he was in Nirvana Kurt Cobain actually hated him. In fact, he said that he thought Grohl sucked at playing the drums. He said the only reason he kept Grohl around was because his sloppy playing fit well with the sloppness of the band. Superego relationship, ha!

kurt coban is INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Bull.
    I think we should have a new rule where we don't agrue with Guests unless they show somewhat of an understanding of what they are talking about and don't prove that they're a jackass right away.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lkjlk
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    okay then let's look at courtney love. ESTP? i've always kind of loved her in a weird way. /:
    Yes, and what a fucked up example of duality.

i'm thinking kurt = infj. didn't care enough about image to be infp. songs sometimes focus on being sickly ("pennyroyal tea" for example.) and so nuts about the vaselines ("jesus don't want me for a sunbeam.")
    Ehh... that has more to do with having Si as a role function. "To be healthy" is subconcious for an INxJ and it's hard to pinpoint it.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dave Grohl has been saying recently that when he was in Nirvana Kurt Cobain actually hated him. In fact, he said that he thought Grohl sucked at playing the drums. He said the only reason he kept Grohl around was because his sloppy playing fit well with the sloppness of the band.
    Where did you read/hear this, I'd be curious to see. If it's accesable online, a link would be nice.

Superego relationship, ha!
    I agree. I think the ENFJ thing makes sence for Kirst too, I just don't know too much about him.

Yes, and what a fucked up example of duality.
    lol. We have an INFP-ESTP dual example. Yehaw!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBottom
    Dave Grohl has been saying recently that when he was in Nirvana Kurt Cobain actually hated him. In fact, he said that he thought Grohl sucked at playing the drums. He said the only reason he kept Grohl around was because his sloppy playing fit well with the sloppness of the band.
    Where did you read/hear this, I'd be curious to see. If it's accesable online, a link would be nice.
    Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I couldn't find any interview online about it. This is just what I have been hearing lately. Grohl has been doing interviews and the like to promote the Foo Fighters. Someone I know who follows everything about music told me about this specifically. If you really listen to the music now, you can tell Grohl really did kinda suck. It still worked though. It's kinda funny how Nirvana wasn't technically gifted, yet they managed to become so popular. It makes sense that creativity and image play a bigger role in music. There just really aren't many musicians whom you can spot out and say they are tremedously gifted (technically). Brains seperate you from the pack.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

. If you really listen to the music now, you can tell Grohl really did kinda suck. It still worked though. It's kinda funny how Nirvana wasn't technically gifted, yet they managed to become so popular. It makes sense that creativity and image play a bigger role in music. There just really aren't many musicians whom you can spot out and say they are tremedously gifted (technically). Brains seperate you from the pack.
    That's actually very controversial. Many believe Grohl to me a great drummer because he had such a signiture style. A combination of hard hitting and sloppiness...

And I personally believe each person in the band was pretty gifted. I persoanlly like Grohls drumming. I think Kurt was lyricly and extremely vocaly gifted, and he portrayed his emotion(mostly angst) very well through the songs. Yes, his guitar playing could have improved. I also dont think Kirst to be a bad bassist.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creepy-

Cobain is ENTP. It's pretty obvious through VI.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Cobain is ENTP. It's pretty obvious through VI.
    kurt coban is INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Bull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I think we should have a new rule where we don't agrue with Guests unless they show somewhat of an understanding of what they are talking about and don't prove that they're a jackass right away.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd also like to add about Cobain that he would often make up lyrics and music while he was going along and just jamming with the band. Several of their songs were born this way. Only someone extremly attached to there emotions and with an adaptable, flexible nature (xxFP) would/could work like this. Cedric Bixler (ISFP- The Mars Volta and At The Drive-in) does the same thing with his lyrics. A thinker would mostly HAVE to write everything out in advance, and an FJ type would have find it more difficutl to improvise than an FP.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kibbles & bits.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    FJ type would have find it more difficutl to improvise than an FP.
    That's not true.