Thread: What does he/she see in her/him?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What does he/she see in her/him?

This is a thread all about Alpha type interrelations. Maybe it is because of the and , but Alpha quadra types do seem to bond exceptionally well. So basically how does an ISFp view an INTj? How does an INTj view an ENTp?, etc. The point being there are two general approaches to all of these questions: theoretical models and experiential observations; and somewhere between the two is a clearer picture of the truth. So how does each type in Alpha view the other members of Alpha Quadra (theoretically and experientially)?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What does he/she see in her/him?

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    This is a thread all about Alpha type interrelations. Maybe it is because of the and , but Alpha quadra types do seem to bond exceptionally well. So basically how does an ISFp view an INTj? How does an INTj view an ENTp?, etc. The point being there are two general approaches to all of these questions: theoretical models and experiential observations; and somewhere between the two is a clearer picture of the truth. So how does each type in Alpha view the other members of Alpha Quadra (theoretically and experientially)?
    Theory in this case should always correspond to experience otherwise it doesn't really have anything to do with truth. If INTjs see ISFps some way theoretically but no one actually see them that way, there's no point.

INTj: I see every INTj i know differently but i think i see all of them as potentially stuck up in static views and subject to miss qualitative properties and the influence of such properties on the whole. Generally though, i think they are fun people to be with.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by detail
    Theory in this case should always correspond to experience otherwise it doesn't really have anything to do with truth. If INTjs see ISFps some way theoretically but no one actually see them that way, there's no point.
    But theory never corresponds so neatly with reality. We have no type-detector-meters, only ourselves and their own subjective views and observations. Theory should correspond with experience, and experience should reinforce the theory, but it is never as clear cut as we make it out to be. And in between the experience and the theory is the deeper truth from which experience comes and theory seeks to explain.

INTj: I see every INTj i know differently but i think i see all of them as potentially stuck up in static views and subject to miss qualitative properties and the influence of such properties on the whole. Generally though, i think they are fun people to be with.[/quote]
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    But theory never corresponds so neatly with reality. We have no type-detector-meters, only ourselves and their own subjective views and observations. Theory should correspond with experience, and experience should reinforce the theory, but it is never as clear cut as we make it out to be. And in between the experience and the theory is the deeper truth from which experience comes and theory seeks to explain.
    What would be an example of an impression a type has of another type that no one actually has and that is true at the same time?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by detail
    What would be an example of an impression a type has of another type that no one actually has and that is true at the same time?
    The entire What's My Type section. :wink:
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant: What would be an example of something people of a type see in people of another type that fits theoretically while nobody of the former type actually see in people of the latter type IRL?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well it's simple how i feel about alpha.

I want to get them all together and have a big orgy with them.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its a god damn shame it just doesn't work that way, huh.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is a great fucking avatar

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    its a god damn shame it just doesn't work that way, huh.
    ahahaha i imagined her saying that you being near shuddering and all stiff saying this sentece, awesome mind-picture!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.