Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ENFp-IEE Subtypes

Creepy-male

What would a Te explanation be?

Anyway, you're basically on the money, jewels. But it's not quite as elegant or consistent as that. For example, I understand Ne-ILEs are meant to be the more introverted of the two, but I've also heard it argued that the Ti subtype is.....

Bluh. I think the two-subtypes system (that's what accepting/producing refers to, as the subtypes are the "accepting" (base function) and "producing" (creative function) subtypes) is just a confused and inconsistent mess. That said, Meged and Ovcharov are Deltas aren't they? You could probably work it just looking strictly at their descriptions and fitting yourself to whichever has the lesser amount of flat contradictions of reality

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Kim, just out of curiosity, why do you want to know your "subtype"? Based on who's/what theory?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lobo, for me the question came up again because I was thinking about IEE-SEE relationships. My two best friends are Fi-SEE and my partner is Se-SEE. With them, I can clearly see how they are all SEEs with different subtypes. It just makes sense. With IEEs, I cannot see it as clearly (but then I am not close friends with an IEE ) And I have been wondering why people have always pegged me as Fi-IEE and how I might come across differently online than I am in real life.

But I wasn't thinking on a specific theory, just bits and pieces I have read around here in the past...
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Lobo, for me the question came up again because I was thinking about IEE-SEE relationships. My two best friends are Fi-SEE and my partner is Se-SEE. With them, I can clearly see how they are all SEEs with different subtypes. It just makes sense. With IEEs, I cannot see it as clearly (but then I am not close friends with an IEE ) And I have been wondering why people have always pegged me as Fi-IEE and how I might come across differently online than I am in real life.

But I wasn't thinking on a specific theory, just bits and pieces I have read around here in the past...
    Well, I do notice how the IEEs here are different, but wouldn't know how to classify them as Fi or Ne "subtypes." Right off the top of my head I'd place Slacker and Galen in the same group. In another group, I'd place somavision, perhaps as "Ne sub." I've noticed before how even within the same type there are differences, but could also be enneagram-related.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

But deltas aren't really that, are they?
    No. I was just trying to have some fun. out quadra's so serious (dichotomies) that we can't even joke and have fun
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the way i see it it's a question of mood. I can see myself in both camps depending on circumstances

that said my overall mood is prolly Ne sub heh
    n00bIEE

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the meantime, I sometimes feel like an odd IEE because I do not like psychological closeness all that much unless it is with a significant other.

While I appreciate that people feel that they can open up with me, I don't always like it. I think there is a reason why I chose to be a university professor rather than a therapist: I can focus on people's potential and feel like I can change their lives for the better without having to crawl too deeply into their psyche. Sometimes students come to me and are in crisis and I listen to them and I show them that I care, but I am fairly quick to steer the conversation back to what can be done about the situation: let's brainstorm option, come up with the best-possible plan, etc.

That being said, I do care deeply about people's well-being, but my focus is always on finding a solution. Between lending a shoulder to cry on and giving advice, I would always chose the latter (as a personal preference). I love that I can take research time-outs and just indulge in Ne-matters.

For what it's worth, on student evaluations I consistently get the following descriptors: enthusiastic, nice, knowledgeable, scattered, goes off on tangents.
    That's not odd. I'm the same way. With a significant other, and select few close friends.

btw, what do u teach??
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I don't believe in subtypes, but I like people in the following categories:

mushy
    super-mushy
    mooochy
    touchy-feely
    ohhh yes baby!

yummy, yummy, yummy....
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    No. I was just trying to have some fun. out quadra's so serious (dichotomies) that we can't even joke and have fun

MERRY.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEEs Fi seem more like EIIs I think.... uh, they are sort of mroe rational and seem more judgmental about certain aspects of Fi.

IEE Ne seem more alpha and sort of wander-y
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    That's not odd. I'm the same way. With a significant other, and select few close friends.

btw, what do u teach??
    heh I'm the same as you guys. Socionics, it works

sometimes I'm afraid to come too close to other people (which sometimes happens anyways), because I'm afraid I wont be able "follow up" so to speak and give them the time and concern the closeness implies
    n00bIEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which subtype of IEE is more warm, friendly and in general goofy? I know an IEE that is very colorful, vibrant, silly and generally, not taken as seriously. She constantly names inanimate objects and has a great sense of humor.

Is that the Ne subtype? Or the Fi subtype?

The other IEE I know is very quiet, subdued, mysterious. She speaks calmly and slowly and is very good at reading people. She is much more serious.

I know they're both typed correctly. Which one is which?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had something similar happen to me. Initially I went with Te sub, but others said Ni, except for maybe one or two people. But then I agreed with them as I've observed different subtypes. Nearly every ILI whose type I'd question types as Te sub, so I guess differences are there.

I think part of the problem might be that the idea of accepting/producing subtypes is actually based on functions, not elements. And people often think about how Ni/Te or Ne/Fi someone is, instead of how distinguished their base and creative functions are. So producing subtype would be more in-your-face with their creative, and as it is a producing function, probably viewed as proactive compared to an accepting subtype. Their PoLR would usually be more obvious, too - if that's what stands out to you about the person's type, chances are they are producing subtype. In contrast to that, accepting subtype relies more on their base, making less use of creative, and therefore making less of an effect - it's perceived as more passive. Those work for extraverts, not just introverts - that's what I meant by underlining it's about functions - although justifying someone's typing by it is still a bad idea. ILE subtypes mentioned earlier in this thread are a good example, Ne being seen more as playing around with ideas while Ti seem to be rather focused on forwarding them.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone says I seem like an Fi subtype, but by that I'd be an Ne subtype. I think the idea of subtypes is problematic. There are differences between various people of a type, but I don't know if attempting to further categorize people helps anything. And some people take it too far and think, for instance, if you are an Fi subtype you have strong Se and weaker Ne (which I have read here, though not recently) and that kind of talking is just plain silly. All IEEs have Ne as their base function, and none have Se in their ego block.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Everyone says I seem like an Fi subtype, but by that I'd be an Ne subtype. I think the idea of subtypes is problematic. There are differences between various people of a type, but I don't know if attempting to further categorize people helps anything. And some people take it too far and think, for instance, if you are an Fi subtype you have strong Se and weaker Ne (which I have read here, though not recently) and that kind of talking is just plain silly. All IEEs have Ne as their base function, and none have Se in their ego block.
    I approve of this message.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like accepting subtype ENFPs are more scatterbrained, and producing subtypes more... sexual? Goal oriented?

Or is it the other way around? Honestly ENFPs are so difficult to understand that I haven't even thought about their subtypes.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am king of the Fi subtypes. No questions please.

hey but seriously

In response to OP, I've observed subtypes manifesting as a conscious valuing or bias of one ego IE over the other. So for both ENFp subtypes Ne and Fi would still be 'accepting' and 'creating' (assuming that dichotomy even exists) respectively, but for Ne subtypes there would be a more conscious slant towards Ne information processing and Fi subs would have a greater inclination towards Fi stuffs. The temperaments are still the same roughly, although the Fi sub is bound to come off as less non-sequiter than extroverted subtypes are want to be. I guess you could compare the likes of Dana Carvey (Ne-ENFp) to Michael J. Fox (Fi-ENFp) to see what I'm talking about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clumsy View Post
    I know an IEE that is very colorful, vibrant, silly and generally, not taken as seriously. She constantly names inanimate objects and has a great sense of humor.

Ne
    ___

Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Clumsy View Post
    The other IEE I know is very quiet, subdued, mysterious. She speaks calmly and slowly and is very good at reading people. She is much more serious.
    Thank you

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lame simplification

"more delta" - Fi

"more alpha" - Ne

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    lame simplification

"more delta" - Fi
    I think i see what you're getting at, but you mean, "more gamma"?

cause both would be delta, with slight leanings towards alpha vs gamma, from what i've gathered.

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

IEE/ENFp subtypes:

CILi-subtype:
    Rick-subtype:
    Galen-subtype:
    Ssmall-subtype:
    Slacker-subtype:

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    IEE/ENFp subtypes:

CILi-subtype:
    Rick-subtype:
    Galen-subtype:
    Ssmall-subtype:
    Slacker-subtype:
    this sounds about right to me

btw <3

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    IEE/ENFp subtypes:

CILi-subtype:
    Rick-subtype:
    Galen-subtype:
    Ssmall-subtype:
    Slacker-subtype:
    which one am i??

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    lame simplification

"more delta" - Fi

cause both would be delta, with slight leanings towards alpha vs gamma, from what i've gathered.
    Yes, I agree, WA.

Smilingeyes' "clock-face" graphs illustrate it well, imo, especially on the individual temperament ones. (http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...0&postcount=16)
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post

Yes, I agree, WA.

Smilingeyes' "clock-face" graphs illustrate it well, imo, especially on the individual temperament ones. (http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...0&postcount=16)
    Hey, what do you think of this?

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...33&postcount=9
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I agree, WA.

oooooh! the clock face diagrams sort of went over my head. Not too sure what all the terms are referring to...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right, more towards gamma is what I meant.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Yes, I agree, WA.

Hey, what do you think of this?

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...33&postcount=9
    I guess. It's not really anything new, just a different way of explaining it or putting it out there.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm enjoying this discussion and would like to see it continue, as it's all still a bit muddy.

Of the two descriptions in the OP, there are aspects in both which I can relate, however Fi seems more like me.

Also, this whole discussion of dropping careers to change direction is one of the things that I most struggle with, however it's one that I never had problems with as a general contractor. Contracts changed often, as did the project I worked on. I can't do that any more where I live, so how does an IEE cope?

Is changing directions often shallow or courageous? Should it be improved upon or embraced, or just better paired with team members who are weaker in our areas of strength?
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

it probably depends on the extent to which your actions affect other, whether positively or negatively. It would probably be best to see if the causes of such restlessness are problematic, and finding answers if they are!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEE Subtypes

Hi, everyone. I'd like to know how the posters on this forum perceive both the rational and irrational subtypes of IEE. What are their respective strengths, weaknesses and differences, in your opinions and experiences?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Being IEE-Ne, personal experience + opinions from others. Keep in mind that's I'm SX/SP and not SP last like the standard IEE.

Strengths

- versatility
    - charm
    - can put things into perspective
    - endless creativity
    - courage to explore novelty
    - broad linguistic skill
    - cuteness
    - ability to shape a thousand worlds (in my head)
    - spontaneousness
    - quirkiness
    - praise
    - detects bs
    - helpfulness
    - spirituality
    - knowing how and when to surprise
    - art
    - enthusiasm
    - creates gold out of trash
    - thoughtfulness
    - making a good impression
    - can evoke positive feeling
    - high energy
    - avoidance of drama
    - independence
    - love
    - firmness of moral codex
    - sees beauty in almost everything
    - talent
    - spotting talent
    - free-spiritedness
    - imagination
    - innovativeness
    - goal orientation
    - quickness in understanding
    - breaks down harmful norms
    - adaptable
    - can perform a multitude of things well
    - knowledge
    - advanced understanding of people
    - problem solving
    - taste
    - boldness to make the first step
    - ideals

Weaknesses

- covert misanthropy
    - pretense
    - inaccuracy
    - egocentrism
    - moodiness
    - doesn't know when to stop
    - isolationism
    - spreading chaos
    - assumptions
    - impatience
    - an asocial streak
    - insanity
    - exaggerations
    - greed for food, sex & money
    - a tendency toward extremes
    - overthinking
    - condescension
    - getting under people's skin
    - imperiousness
    - elitism
    - treating others like puppets
    - misplaced anger, brutality or irritability
    - forgetfulness
    - inadequacy
    - neediness
    - inconsistency
    - insensitivity
    - deceptiveness and betrayal
    - mischief

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great, Chae.

Editing to change this. We are the irrational kind of IEE. We can expect a bit more rationality from IEE-Fi.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 02-02-2017 at 05:30 PM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Great, Chae.

Editing to change this. We are the irrational kind of IEE. We can expect a bit more rationality from IEE-Fi.
    Yes!! This is a great way to handle it. Now that you remind me, the distinguishment also extends to the PoLR since the functional strengths change a little bit. The irrational subtype is stronger in logics than the rational one, leaving IEE with greater Si-seeking and IEE-Fi in more need of help with Ti and Te

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today, this girl who typed ENTP in MBTI crossed my mind, I immediately thought that she was an IEE in socionics and I guess the Ne subtype.
    She describes herself as withrawn, even asocial.

I hope someone watch it and give me thoughts about it.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If I mistyped as ESFP for a long time is it more likely I am Fi suptype? Now that I understand socionics it is almost laughable to think I could be SEE however. It was more wishful thinking.

I want to say I'm more Ne subtype now because my number one quality is probably head-in-the-cloudsness. I'm highly impractical and scattered and find it very difficult to pay attention to what is going on in the real world around me. But I truly come alive at parties and become a real instigator and like to get all up in peoples' business.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

From the OP's post, it's crazy how the subtype description fits me a lot and how little the subtype description fits me. Subtypes make quite a profound difference within types IMO.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEE subtypes

Why is it that the Fi subtype is considered as closer to gamma rather than closer to EII?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My other question would be, what are IEE-Ne considered to be close to?

I've met a couple of IEE-Ne and they seem very fragile on outside appearance, and a bit affected in behaviour, sorta in their own world in a way yet also not very giving, quite concerned with adopting a certain look (if it's punk, or hippy, or maintstream or w/e). This type doesn't seem very close to ILE to me, yet i could be wrong, maybe they are close to ILE (as the theory predicts). Any comments?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think it has to do with IEE being serious, thus with feeling and sensing strengthened they're more like gamma socials than alpha socials. But I think its more like a loose association. technically their judiciousness puts them in alpha, but in this case the Fi is the stronger channel so it predominates over the sensing. on balance it tips them to having more in common with gamma and fitting into that kind of social club better, but I dont think its hard and fast, more like a nudge in that direction

to extend the logic to Ne it puts them closer to alpha since Ne is the strongest channel and is shared with alpha not gamma

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

An IEE information processing system that may expend more resources on output (Fi) processes is still controlled by its input (Ne), which means anything produced by Fi can be easily ignored no matter how much time is spent doing Fi. A p-type doesn't become similar to a j-type simply because they spend equivalent resources doing the same type of process. Dominance shouldn't be linked to duration; it implies control and that doesn't change. Under scrutiny, behaviour will be found to be within the bounds of IEE. The only confusion should be between Se/Ne and or Ti/Fi because there is an overlap region between each of the two pairs so I could see an IEE appearing like another Ep in certain scenarios but under longer term observation, this would fall away. Now severe stress and lack of coping will produce a whole different kettle of fish........

a.k.a. I/O

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast