Thread: Quick test

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quick test

Here are 4 groups. Each group contains 2 people. For each person, there is a brief description of their personal qualities. Both people in each group naturally help each other to feel calm and relaxed.

QUESTION ONE

Choose one group that describes 2 things:

- a person that has your personal qualities; AND
    - a person that has qualities that make you feel calm and relaxed.

QUESTION TWO

Please state which person in the group (you chose in Question One) has your personal qualities.

THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE ANSWERING BOTH QUESTIONS.

Group Alpha

PERSON A. Understands complicated things and makes things simple and clear. Vivid fantasy and imagination.

PERSON B. Shows concern for people and takes care of their physical well-being. Enthusiastic, constant and faithful.

Group Beta

PERSON A. Order and structure. Important and influential.

PERSON B. Clear vision of the future of personal relationships. Knows who and what can be trusted and be depended upon.

Group Gamma

PERSON A. Great vision and ideals. Knowledge and erudition.

PERSON B. Decent, honest and sincere. Persistent, resolute and determined.

Group Delta

PERSON A. Creates simple physical pleasures. Resourceful and efficient.

PERSON B. Loving and caring. Inventive and original.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugo, I think you're finally on to something here. This seems to be a very easy and quick way to cut it down to two types. From there it shouldn't be long to settle on one. Nice job! The only thing is that I think people should put their input in for Beta, Gamma and Delta because you didn't desribve those as weel asa Alpha (not really your fault).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    ...I think people should put their input ...
    I agree. I feel as if I am the only person trying to make a positive difference. I don't really get much help from anyone on the forum. I'm an INTj and feel as if I am more ENTp than ENTp.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Group Delta

PERSON A. Creates simple physical pleasures. Pefectionist. Pays attention to the little details. Can maintain physical health and comfort. Resourceful and efficient. Collects information.

PERSON B. Loving and caring. Empathetic without judging emotions. Inventive and original. Creative. Doesn't dramatize emotional state.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-

dsfds

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Group Delta

PERSON A. Creates simple physical pleasures. Pefectionist. Pays attention to the little details. Can maintain physical health and comfort. Resourceful and efficient. Collects information.

PERSON B. Loving and caring. Empathetic without judging emotions. Inventive and original. Creative. Doesn't dramatize emotional state.
    If I put this in I might choose Delta over Alpha.

By the way, with the information that is already in the test, did it work for you, or was it confusing?

Were you able to make a clear choice?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the origianl one both Alpha and Delta looked good to me, but I'd probably choice Delta anyway. It's intersting when I add more to Delta you find that one attractive as well.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might have to be more specific with each and give more negitive qualities. I say this because I could fit myself into almost every group. It's a little too vauge to choose for me. And most people who already know their types are going to simply look at their quadra and say, "Yeah, I can fit there.", and ignore the fact that they could probly fit in another if they looked well at all of them. If you want peoples true opinions.... your better off mixing up the order of the 4, and instead of the 4 quadra names write Group A, B, C, and D. Then at the bottom show what each represented, for example... Group A was beta, Group B was..., etc.
    Also, make sure you add more qualities, ESPECIALLY negitive ones, because they'll steer people away from certain groups.

I don't really get much help from anyone on the forum.
    Come now, Hugo, I give my input on just about almost every one, now dont I? :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Quick test

1. Group alpha

2. a
    thing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

" I don't really get much help from anyone on the forum."

You don't get much help? I'm always offering my criticisms.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I'm saying is, is that I seem to be the only forum member to come up with new ideas. As a result, I feel as I am doing all the hard work.

When I say "I don't really get much help from anyone on the forum", I mean that nobody is helping "the cause" by coming up with new ideas and techniques. It feels as if I am doing it all by myself.

If people helped "the cause" they would be helping me. When I come up with new ideas I am trying to help people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I'm saying is, is that I seem to be the only forum member to come up with new ideas. As a result, I feel as I am doing all the hard work.
    Not all forum members are here to come up with new ideas. They're here to discuss socionics, but that doesn't mean they need to be coming up with new ideas. If I don't have an idea, I personally feel, why push it? If I come across an one I'll say something... but if I don't, well, I'm not gonna force anything. Just remember that not everone's here to come across a new discovery, some of us are just pointless human beings that like staring at a computer moniter, and perhaps having an intellectual discussion in our free time. I, personally, would rather respond to others topics.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo

When I say "I don't really get much help from anyone on the forum", I mean that nobody is helping "the cause" by coming up with new ideas and techniques. It feels as if I am doing it all by myself.

If people helped "the cause" they would be helping me. When I come up with new ideas I am trying to help people.
    Many of us are still learning about the old ideas, nevermind coming up with new ones yet.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harry Bottom:

I can understand if an INFp does not come up with new ideas, because it is not in their type to come up with new ideas. It's more of an thing. No offense.

If you don't want to respond to my topics don't. No one's forcing you to.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...I think people should put their input ...
    I agree. I feel as if I am the only person trying to make a positive difference. I don't really get much help from anyone on the forum. I'm an INTj and feel as if I am more ENTp than ENTp.
    Hugo, I have tried to help you with your test, but I think you were trying to be far too precise for practicality purposes in some of your other test, and that was causing the results to be distorted.

Like I suggested before, if you could try to tweek your test to where it could come down to just two types who are mirror partners [ENTp/INTj-ENTj/INTp-ESFj/ISFp,etc.] the accuracy of the test will go up immensely, as you would then avoid the bad ability of the majority of internet typology tests to misorder functions in blocks.

And Hugo, I agree that you are INTj and not ENTp ... there is just something about the way that you analysize data that does not seem totally ENTpish. For example, you try to make test that are as simplex as possible, that does not seem like default ENTp behaviour to me. But, I am basing that on myself and what I would do ... I have a hard time understanding things that seem too simplex, I need something big I could tear apart. Just a personal preference, mostly.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try to help you ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Like I suggested before, if you could try to tweek your test to where it could come down to just two types who are mirror partners [ENTp/INTj-ENTj/INTp-ESFj/ISFp,etc.] the accuracy of the test will go up immensely, as you would then avoid the bad ability of the majority of internet typology tests to misorder functions in blocks.
    I'm working on something along those line at the moment.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    I'm working on something along those line at the moment.
    You technically already have a system in place to do that with the last test you made where it thought I was INTj ... for example, both ENTp/INTj wanted gentleness in that test. All you need to do is reorder it a little bit and you could have a test that follows the suggestions I made.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

R McNew:

Yes. Like me, you are trying to help 'the cause'.

I see what you are saying about the last test I did. The gentleness/firmness thing didn't work according to Harry Bottom who believes he is INFp.

Creepy-guest (enfp)

Default very, very wrong

Harry Bottom:

I can understand if an INFp does not come up with new ideas, because it is not in their type to come up with new ideas. It's more of an thing. No offense.

hugo, my friend, you are oh so very wrong. sorry if i seem opinonated, but i guess the name "lyricist" (the nickname for infp's) has nothing to do with creativity, or for that matter, originality and coming up with new ideas. kurt cobain, lead singer for the red hot chili peppers.. ah yes, both big failures in their profession. not only did they fail at STARTING AND CHANGING CERTAIN MUSICAL GENRES (heh, unoriginality at it's best), they also failed miserably at doing things their own way. maybe the point i'm trying to get acrossed here is vague, but you get the picture, right? infp's ARE originality!!! maybe you're just jealous of them?? i have no clue, but my dearest friend hugo, you don't seem like the brightest crayon in the box, either. and if you don't believe that story, i have some more fuel to get your car rolling.

these two guys, i don't know if anyone's ever heard of them, they're called william shakespere and homer, and also virgil... of course, no one knows them because they were failures as authors, completely horrible poets. they didn't change literature as we know it, in fact, they may as well have never existed... they were, and always will be remebered as wortheless, non creative and unoriginal infp's... "lyricists".

well hugo, it has been fun chatting with you, but the time has come when i think i've proved my point, but if you need more proof, i have some. just contact me @ drokkskate@yahoo.com

thanks a bunch, your over opinionated friend the enfp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFP guest, you didn't sound opiniated. Yes, both Kurt Cobain and Anthony Kiedis are INFPs. And yes, they DID manage to "create" things themselves. Nirvana pretty much created Grudge rock and the Red Hot Chili Peppers created Funk-rock. The truth is that any type can be creative. Actually, I think the only diffrence between the types is how we processs information. That's it.

Thoughts?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This difference in the processing of information undoubtedly leads to other differences between types as well, thus it wouldn't be the ONLY difference.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugo, you misunderstand me. I do like to respond to your topics, thats what I said, thats exactly what I like doing. I appreciate and respect the case that you are trying to help "the cause", as you put it. I suppose I am helping your "cause" simply by putting in my imput, if you look at it that way. If I find a conflict with something, I simply say so, and if something works for me, I say so. So, you can't really say I don't help your cause, I'm just a small part of it. If nobody was here to validate the ideas you came up with, there'd be no support to show they actually work. Please don't think I'm working against you here. If I do see some conflict with an idea, it would typically be WORSE for "the cause" if I just kept quiet, so, I'd think I'm helping. Like I said, I'm just not sitting here contimplating new ideas. It's not that I CAN'T, because I'm "not creative", it's that I don't care to. I understand that One of the few things I'm confident in, infact, is that I'm a creative person. That was the first time anything was implied towards me differently. In your shoes, I can understand how someone could become frustrated by the one person that rebukes his idea and tells him it doesn't work. And I can see how you jump to that conclusion that I am a different type because that would solve the issue, but, Hugo, if you simply trust what I say, you will see that I am helping the cause, and that I am what I say I am, because trust me, I'm not one to go around saying things that I can't back up.

The gentleness/firmness thing didn't work according to Harry Bottom who believes he is INFp.
    Harry Bottom, who is an INFP. :wink:

I hope you don't find me as a nusence hugo. Giving my input, that's MY way of helping.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I think the only diffrence between the types is how we processs information. That's it.
    Yah, I'd say thats the root of it. I'd say it eventually leads to more, but that's where it all starts. I'd agree that every type can be creative in their own way.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: very, very wrong

Quote Originally Posted by guest (enfp)
    Harry Bottom:

hugo, my friend, you are oh so very wrong. sorry if i seem opinonated, but i guess the name "lyricist" (the nickname for infp's) has nothing to do with creativity, or for that matter, originality and coming up with new ideas.
    Creativity is a broad word. Coming up with new ideas or inventiveness is only one type of creativity. There are other types of creativity such as writing poetry.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugo, you misunderstand me. I do like to respond to your topics, thats what I said, thats exactly what I like doing. I appreciate and respect the case that you are trying to help "the cause", as you put it. I suppose I am helping your "cause" simply by putting in my imput, if you look at it that way. If I find a conflict with something, I simply say so, and if something works for me, I say so. So, you can't really say I don't help your cause, I'm just a small part of it. If nobody was here to validate the ideas you came up with, there'd be no support to show they actually work. Please don't think I'm working against you here. If I do see some conflict with an idea, it would typically be WORSE for "the cause" if I just kept quiet, so, I'd think I'm helping.

Harry, I think you misunderstand me as well. You do help me, which I do appreciate, and in doing so help "the cause" indirectly. But what I am looking for is direct help, whcih would help "the cause" much more. The only people that making any direct effort is me an R McNew.

But as I said I do appreciate your help.

I think it is important that you and others criticize my ideas if necessary.