Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impression of EIIs-INFjs you know IRL

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Impression of EIIs-INFjs you know IRL

I'm curious to know how do other types feel about INFjs they know IRL.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My view is warped because one is a close friend and one my mother. I always feel protective of them. They're selflessness to the point of their own detriment can be annoying. But their sweetness is enduring. I'd make a comment about their stubborness, but I really don't have any room to talk.

-INTj
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was working with an INFj today, on something technical. I never realized how airheaded they can be

Generally discussions w/ INFjs about philosophy etc. are fascinating. INFjs make good teachers, but some people I know complained that they (well, one in particular tends to) play favorites.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very graceful, a bit standoffish, determined.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've noticed many "subtypes" the mousy/bookish sort, the zany wild party sort, the morose yet tranquil sort, and the lonely wanderer elf sort.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know two, one female one male

INFj Female - Girlfriend of ESTj. Quite beautiful. She used to often seem quite down and moody, seems to have got a lot better now. Very kind yet she seems quite stand-off ish she wont really talk unless talked to. Demanding of ESTj's time although he does go out quite a lot. She enjoys having a nice home etc and watching Animated Disney movies.

INFj Male - Was addicted to Online games. Finally quit them. Feels that he is invisible and people ignore him which is not true. Hes really kind and is actually quite crazy and fun when he actually goes somewhere. Very loyal guy.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    They're selflessness to the point of their own detriment can be annoying. But their sweetness is enduring.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    I was working with an INFj today, on something technical. I never realized how airheaded they can be
    That's stereotypical.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    determined.
    yup

Quote Originally Posted by fever
    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    She enjoys having a nice home etc and watching Animated Disney movies.
    Disney movies??
    Actually, I love Disney movies too, but not to the point of obsession.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best friend is an INFj so I could write quite a bit about them, oh man where to start.

He's incredibly smart. But not really in the typical booksmart or logical smart kind of way. He's intelligent in his own way which is hard to describe with words.

He can analyze people like no other, sometimes it feels as if he can see through their soul. All their insecurities, agendas, hidden fears, anything like that can be easily uncovered.

When he's determined to do something, he can find a way to do it no matter what - he puts his to excellent use in finding a creative solution.

He's a true perfectionist.

Ok I was going to write a whole bunch of stuff but I'm way too tired. If I get the chance I'll write some more later.
    ENTj

"A conscience does not prevent sin. It only prevents you from enjoying it..."

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."
    - Thomas E Lawrence

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright.

He is really sensitive and is easily hurt by a lot of things. He is depressed a lot of the time and lacks initiative to do things. He's overly pessimistic, which I think is his fatal flaw that keeps him from reaching his full potential.

He's the best person to talk to when I have a problem. In fact, the only person I ever talk to. I'm not the kind of guy who likes to talk about how I feel, etc. but for some reason I feel really comfortable with this friend. He never fails in making me feel better.

I remember one profile of an INFJ said they walk "with a sense of purpose". This could not be more correct. I really can't put it any other way.

I also remember some thread about the most secretive type and everyone said INFJ. That is so damn right. He just values his privacy greatly.

He's a very loyal friend. A gentle guy but he would fight for those he cares about.

He's a true introvert - he really doesn't seem to mind being alone. He gets really tired when there's a ton of people around. He's pretty quiet in these situations, but when it's just close friends he can be really loud.

That's about it.
    ENTj

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."
    - Thomas E Lawrence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats a great description pezzonovante.
    MBTI - INFJ
    Socionics - INFx

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Agree. Just like the male INFjs I know. :wink:

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The INFj I know best (other than my dad) is the nicest guy in the entire world. I can't imagine him saying an unkind work to anyone and really meaning it. He's a people person, and I can just tell that he absolutely loves being a close friend to someone However, he's a bit sloppy, and is pretty much a co-dependant wuss; he doesn't really have any balls, depends on the women in his life (and there are LOTS of them) to take care of him and can't say much in his own defense when confronted. I still love him to death, but he could grow some cojones :wink:
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    whatever.
    No more INFJ?
    ENTj

- Thomas E Lawrence

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    whatever.
    No more INFJ?[/quote]

All the people I know IRL who have knowledge of MBTI thought that I resemble an ISFx rather than an INFx. Even the INFxs told me that as well. Anyway, u are right in saying that "one's true nature encompasses a lot more than a four letter word". So, I don't think I want to let it bother me at the moment.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave my views on INFjs in the Gamma Te thread, inspired by 3 INFjs I know:

Your first impression will simply be that he’s a nice guy. Not “nice” in a I-will-be-nice-because-I-want-something-from-you way, but in a genuine way. The impression of a nice, kind guy. And, in most cases – although supposedly they can also go to the other extreme – the impression will be correct. He’s your semi-dual, the INFj.

In many respects this is the most pleasant type to have around you. His chief instinct is to keep an harmonious relationship with those around him, so unless you seriously piss him off, he’s not likely to be abrasive. It’s not necessary to treat him with kid gloves, though; a normal degree of civility, politeness and flexibility are adequate. Your usual way of dealing with people is normally ok. What he can’t stand is pushiness, especially of the kind displayed by people who see his gentleness as weakness. In most situations you will not run this risk, but excessive Te mode during an emergency could be very distressful for him. This is something to be avoided as it will be counter-productive.

If exercising authoritarian pressure over others is not something with which you are totally comfortable – you much prefer using logical arguments – nor do you enjoy having it applied over you without the backing of such arguments – for him it is much worse. Simply to tell someone to fuck off or shut up, or to be told that by someone, is a source of great stress. If subjected to such pressure, they will not react to it proportionally, as it is increased, but they will tend to wait until it becomes unbearable and they may react in an uncharacteristic outburst.

You are not likely to make him reach this point but it is something to be aware of, especially if he ever works for you. In that situation it’s best to deal with him openly and politely, avoiding the creation of a climate where he ever feels reluctant to approach you directly due to his dislike for open conflict. It’s best that he never fears talking to you.

If he is above you, there is probably not much to worry about. His the type least likely to abuse his power and position, in fact, absolute monarchy would probably have survived if all absolute monarchs had been INFjs. The saying “power corrupts” does not apply to them. The only problem with having an INFj boss is that his dislike for open conflict may result in not fighting too hard for a budget or a raise for you when such matters are discussed with others. While they are the best people to be entrusted with power, they are not good in fighting to gain it or to keep it.

For friendships, one of the most pleasant aspects of this type is that they’re usually open to “big-talk” discussions. A guy of this type is not likely to prefer watching sports on tv over having a discussion on Marxism or the usefulness of sending probes into deep space. Although often pedantic in their own concepts of right and wrong, they are not narrow-minded and are very willing to acknowledge that other points of view, even in ethical principles, are possible. They are not likely to make you feel self-conscious about the mess in your car or apartment, either, since such matters are of no importance to them. It is usually very easy to talk to them about anything, especially personal matters, and unless they have no time at all, they will always listen.

However, it is also often the case - not always - that they will be a bit passive as friends, leaving most of the initiative of establishing and keeping contact to you.

Tactics: in work situations, just remember that he may not be the best boss around when it's about fighting others to get things done.

Watch out: before getting into a romantic relationship with someone of this type, just remember this single word: Gulenko.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    She is a very frail delicate girl, and she seems to get hurt very easily. Her frame is small and petite, and she's much shorter than I am. Her facial features are soft, warm, and smooth and her eyes are big and deep. Her whole appearance reminds me of that of a dolls. Her skin is very soft, pale, and dry, and she burses and sunburns very easily. Mosquitoes seem to love biting her, and whenever she gets a bug bite she swells very badly. When we were younger I was extremely protective over her and wouldn't let her out of my sights... I remember I would totally flip out if I lost her for even a second. Now that she's older I still worry about her but not as much. I feel like I never see her anymore, because we both have school, and she's constantly working, or with her friends or boyfriend. When we are both at home she stays locked up in her room.
    hehe. I think your sister sounds like a sweetie Starfall.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sister has some issues that are unrelated to her type. So I'm not sure what all is INFj and what all is part of this unrelated issue.

I had an INFj grandma who is one of my favorite people ever. She was very warm and kind, and really funny in her own goofy way. She loved The Price is Right. And we used to watch this old tv show called Solid Gold (an 80s thing) and for some reason she really liked that too, which would be funny to you too if you knew my grandma and that show. She used to tell silly silly jokes that maybe were from the 20s when she was a kid or something, and they came off as goofy and dated but still hilarious. And she had gone through the Depression, so she loved loved loved spending money, but it was tempered by that, and her desire to go shopping but find incredible deals was unrivaled. When she'd find a good deal she'd buy like 20 of them and give one to everyone on the planet, even though she didn't really have enough money to buy stuff for other people all the time like that.

If we were sick, we'd always go to my grandma's house and she'd take care of us. My mom and dad both had Si PoLR. Is it related? I don't know. But I was never home when I was sick when I was a kid - I was always at grandma's house.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've met the INFj girl at an exam today - I must say, I had forgotten what a nice butt she has other than that, I wanted to add that Ne-INFjs can be kinda, mmh, spatzy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've met the INFj girl at an exam today - I must say, I had forgotten what a nice butt she has other than that, I wanted to add that Ne-INFjs can be kinda, mmh, spatzy.
    I've been told i have a nice butt!!

(By females usually, one of my male friends actually said it to he's straight though... I think.. )
    MBTI - INFJ
    Socionics - INFx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is what guys say to girls with small boobs

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    you cant deny though that theres some inverse correlation between the two

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah it can be sexy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    Well if the same principle applys for the opposite gender, in my defense, most of them hadn't seen my penis

I think that's not true though, some guys (me) are more attracted to the a than the t.
    MBTI - INFJ
    Socionics - INFx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic wrote

so u think a C is small? i guess i'm small then!
    chilling out (and getting chilly) in the penalty box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

zOMG INFj's talking about sex, whatever has become of the world!?!!?!@11

MBTI - INFJ
    Socionics - INFx

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

zOMG INFj's talking about sex, whatever has become of the world!?!!?!@11

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic wrote

so u think a C is small? i guess i'm small then!
    I said some...so some could be from 1 to 100! btw, posx pixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not a sleeze... but u'll have to give me some time to make some.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do I see?:

i'm not a sleeze... but i am

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric
    Why do I see?:

i'm not a sleeze... but i am
    hahahaha, that was kinda how I read it... Of course, not in any bad way at all... :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u guys want to see my pic... i mean for all truth and seriousness? for real?
    i thought we were joking??

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. You are female. In other words, yes they want to see your pic.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*fever whistles with hands behind her back*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*fever whistles with hands behind her back*
    Is that some kind of lesser known INFj mating ritual?

Edit: I think I have actually seen your pic unless I remember wrong. So unless it was destroyed in the hackattack it is probably still somewhere in the forum waiting to be discovered.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u guys promise u will still be my friends if i tell the truth?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always and forever.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, then... we have a deal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all right u guys... it's the real thang... me, in the rare!

"THE FEVER"
    Last edited by fever; 03-20-2009 at 02:25 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey, where did everybody go?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFjs never smile that widely for a typical photo.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast