Thread: It skips a generation(repost)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default It skips a generation(repost)

I'm terribly sorry, I had accidentally deleted this topic, here's all the posts tha thad been posted in it up untill now:

HarryBottom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:00 am Post subject: "It skips a generation..." Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
    Folks always love to mention in convorsation how your talents and abilitys have been "passed on" from your ansestors, or more specifically, how they've "skipped a generation". They love to say, "well, you must get that from him or her", etc." I don't know If this is truely fact, or some sad, widely distorted, out of proportion rumor, but if it's not... then personality type has to in some way be genetic, right?

This kind of came to me because I had seen talk of it before and I just connected the dots. I mean, if your talents and abilities are largely based on your personality type, and they were "passed down" to you or "skipped a generation", then some element in the genetics of your personality type had to be passes on, right?

I don't know, maybe I'm rehashing an old topic here, I don't know if previous talks of this type of thing had reached a conclusion.

I'm just kind of getting to the bottom, of when people say that, are they full of total BS? If not it's something to think about. Very Happy Tell me what you think.

Im an INFP.

rmcnew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
    I find this question similar to the chicken and the egg question, which came first?

So, does personality come first or does genetics come first?

Will anyone ever know for sure? Who knows ...
    http://socionics.wsphere.com/socionicstypetest.html

HarryBottom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
    Quote:
    So, does personality come first or does genetics come first?

I think the real question is, more than which came first, weather they work together. Is the fact true that your talents and abilties are passed down? If so, then I think it is true that your socionics type is somehow/somewhere rooted in genetics.

I'm saying this because if a person, per say, is an extremely creative xNxP... then there is absolutely no way they could have 4 ESTJ grandparents, because there would be no genetic influence from their generation skipped ancestors to give them that creativity. If the statement is true, then there has to be some genetic influence on socionics types.

Im an INFP.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate it when that happens ... I have done it to myself before, me just being absentminded me I guess!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBottom
    Is the fact true that your talents and abilties are passed down? If so, then I think it is true that your socionics type is somehow/somewhere rooted in genetics.
    I think that genetics are passed down and that you get some talents from your parents. However, I don't think your socionics type has anything to do with genetics whatsoever. Your type is pretty much random. I'm an ISTP and my Mom is ENFJ. My Dad is INTP and my sister is ESFJ.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're born with a certain type and you're born with genetics passed down from your parents, but they're not connected.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, yes, your genetics are passed down from your parents, but if your talents are rooted within those genetics then the two have to be connected. If a person randomly ends up as an ESTJ, he's not going to end up with the talent to be an awesome creative writer or artist. What I'm saying is IF talents are part of genetics, then I think the two are connected.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if there is a greater writer or poet or whatever who is INFP than they can still have an ESTJ son but the son won't have the same abilites. There are other genes that are passed on, but I don't think socionics type is one of them, nor do I think any of the traits associated with your type are. Maybe your Dad has a high IQ and you inherit that IQ from him, yet he may be an INTJ and you are an ESFP. You still have the same IQ, and it's genetic, but the rest of how you think and act is diffrent.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if there is a greater writer or poet or whatever who is INFP than they can still have an ESTJ son but the son won't have the same abilites. There are other genes that are passed on, but I don't think socionics type is one of them, nor do I think any of the traits associated with your type are. Maybe your Dad has a high IQ and you inherit that IQ from him, yet he may be an INTJ and you are an ESFP. You still have the same IQ, and it's genetic, but the rest of how you think and act is diffrent
    Ok, cool, I agree with what you said. I believe the same thing. I was just kind of posing an IF/THEN question, not really my beliefs so much.