Thread: Family life with a Kindred partner?

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Family life with a Kindred partner?

Considering that you can meet an attractive kindred. I know this is very reasonable to happen. Let's say you happen to live together as a family. So what would it be like? Does anyone have experience with this relationship for family life?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am LIE and my sister is LSE and she is three years younger than I am. Being close-in-age siblings, we really never got along that well, but I understood her pretty well. We didn't fight much, but she was always trying to tag along and play with my friends. The other girls in the neighborhood didn't like her that much, possibly because she said what she thought and wasn't at all girly. I mean, she was pretty enough, (https://i.imgur.com/at4bd9e.jpg), but she wasn't soft or accommodating like other girls. Even today, she can be a hard-nosed bitch while still being smiley.

I teased her a lot to get her to leave me alone and I was pretty mean to her in general, but once, when I was playing with matches (which was forbidden to us kids) I accidentally set her on fire for a minute. I begged her not to tell our mother, who would have killed me. I mean, my mother was just looking for an excuse to hit her kids. And my LSE sister agreed that she would not tell Mom, and I knew at that moment that, despite our differences, she deep down loved me.

I should have teased her harder. She is LSE-Te and she ended up marrying one of my best friends, an IEI-Fe, whom @Olimpia says can look a lot like an EII-Fi. https://typevolution.com/2016/08/28/...hs-weaknesses/

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I am LIE and my sister is LSE and she is three years younger than I am. Being close-in-age siblings, we really never got along that well, but I understood her pretty well. We didn't fight much, but she was always trying to tag along and play with my friends. The other girls in the neighborhood didn't like her that much, possibly because she said what she thought and wasn't at all girly. I mean, she was pretty enough, (https://i.imgur.com/at4bd9e.jpg), but she wasn't soft or accommodating like other girls. Even today, she can be a hard-nosed bitch while still being smiley.

I teased her a lot to get her to leave me alone and I was pretty mean to her in general, but once, when I was playing with matches (which was forbidden to us kids) I accidentally set her on fire for a minute. I begged her not to tell our mother, who would have killed me. I mean, my mother was just looking for an excuse to hit her kids. And my LSE sister agreed that she would not tell Mom, and I knew at that moment that, despite our differences, she deep down loved me.

I should have teased her harder. She is LSE-Te and she ended up marrying one of my best friends, an IEI-Fe, whom @Olimpia says can look a lot like an EII-Fi. https://typevolution.com/2016/08/28/...hs-weaknesses/
    hmm ur sister looks more SLE tbh. Also LSE's really are not smiley. That's more of a merry quadra thing.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I am IEE, I can say that I tend to get along with ILE, to varying degrees. I can't recall any instances of having any significant issues with them. There is a good chance my nephew is ILE and he's one of my most favorite people in the world. I've lived with him several times and it seemed pretty harmonious, but then again, he's a very easy-going person (279 tritype I think). I feel like it would be a pretty harmonious living situation overall, but I'm not sure how suitable it would be for something like marriage. It seems kind of best for maybe a best friends/good friends type situation? I think you do need more of a "complementary balance/differences" situation many times for relationships/marriage. Being too similar can lead to things getting stale, or conversely, to butting heads. It does sometimes seem like duals are TOO different, but maybe not. Duals value the same IE's and can help each other on each other's weak points. So, I think kindred relations could be great as a family member or friend, but maybe not as much as a partner in the long run. I also personally wouldn't rule someone out on their type though if I happened to really fall for someone of, whatever type.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dated an ESI, it was amazing, then she ghosted me !