Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apologizing to an IEI/INFp in relationship

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Apologizing to an IEI/INFp in relationship

How do you effectively apologize to an INFP ex boyfriend after you have said some of the worst things you could possibly say to someone? Examples would include telling them you were just using them and that you never had true feelings for them? Would infp’s be able to forgive? I was also told by him that he was also just using me and never had true feelings either…could and infp really do that to someone? I never imagined he could ever say that to me. I never imagined he could have it in him to use someone. I did write an apology but he hasn’t responded and I feel horrible. We haven’t talked since it was said. I’m afraid I’ve hurt him too much. I’m the type that can forgive and forget in a heart beat but I just don’t know how others operate. Thoughts from infps?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this the same INFp you talked about like...zillion times ago? I mean you apparently can't get over him even if that was the "game plan" you were supposed to follow...

Anyways I generally forgive really fast (not sure about my type though, heh). However every negative experience makes me a bit more suspicious of the person. So even if I consciously totally forgive someone I might subconsciously be unable to trust that person completely anymore. This would be bad for developing long term relationships. This is what typically happens with ESTps They do something which sort of breaks my trust and then I forgive it but can't forget it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Attn: INFP's!

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    How do you effectively apologize to an INFP ex boyfriend after you have said some of the worst things you could possibly say to someone? Examples would include telling them you were just using them and that you never had true feelings for them?
    I guess.... a couple of hours of sex should do it. Stripping also helps... so does dirty talk...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can relate to this situation: my boyfriend of a year and half recently broke up with me out of nowhere, and I found out through a third party (his journal) that he was with me only because he was bored and lonely. I was furious and hurt, as one would expect, but I am able and willing to forgive.
    You did the appropriate thing by writing him a letter, and I'm sure he took it to heart. He's probably still upset about the breakup and the accompanying blow to his self-esteem, and is currently trying to get over his anger. He also might be withholding his forgiveness from you because of a need for control and self-validation: by not forgiving you immediately, he's created the idea in his mind that his refusal to grant you forgiveness has a significant negative impact upon you, and that this significant negative impact implies that he really does mean something to you after all (even if he recognizes things are over). So, in short, his self-esteem and pride are wounded, and he probably misses you - that's where the "I'm using you" part came in. Starfall is right - he was saying that out of anger and hurt.
    But yeah, in essence, you went about things well by initiating contact with him and expressing your remorse. So few of us are that lucky to have that kind of closure. If my ex said those things to me, I'd forgive him almost instantly, though I'd still be slightly hurt.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're changing your mind about this once a day. Get over it and find somebody else, because the story is fucked up already, and insisting will only worsen the situation.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp and INFp shouldn't push their relationship. In the beginning of the relationship you can ignore socionics and see if it will still work, but if you start seeing serious problems, it's probably time to move on.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha..my infp ex accused me of using him for sex. I about fell over laughing when he said that.

It's just too awkward for me. I'm sure they're quite attractive to others, but when you have two heavily introverted people with such a different way of thinking about things, it makes things very strained. I personally don't know how these two types would ever get along.. be it in a romantic, friendship, etc type of relationship.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha..my infp ex accused me of using him for sex.

The problem with that would be..... ?
    ; 5w6

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, i was in a way to be honest...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha, that's awesome coming from a chick. *high five*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So WTF? Was he some kind of nancy boy or something?
    ; 5w6

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts exactly. Most men, I would think, would be more than thrilled to have a girlfriend with a higher sex drive than 99% of the men out there. Not in this case. Hence the reason I questioned his sexuality. He never denied being gay. Who knows.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts exactly. Most men, I would think, would be more than thrilled to have a girlfriend with a higher sex drive than 99% of the men out there. Not in this case. Hence the reason I questioned his sexuality. He never denied being gay. Who knows.
    Maybe he felt a little threatened?
    ; 5w6

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

of course you need to take into consideration that you approach sex like an istp, NOT like an estp, and hence after the initial little lust thing he probably didn't find you too sexy, after all, IF guys were more than thrilled to have a girlfriend with a higher sex drive than 99% of men out there then why were your previous relationships utter failures? exactly. if only humans were like rabbits you'd be able to spend your entire life gleefully like a little girl at disney world. unfortunately there's a little bit more to it as you'll one day find out
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relax. He never stood up to the plate like other men I've been with, that's all I'm saying. Sex doesn't have to have some huge meaning behind it. And no, I will not have a pussy as a boyfriend who cries in front of me because I forgot to call him that day. There was nothing to HIM that made me want to invest anything other than sex. That's all.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relax. He never stood up to the plate like other men I've been with, that's all I'm saying. Sex doesn't have to have some huge meaning behind it. And no, I will not have a pussy as a boyfriend who cries in front of me because I forgot to call him that day. There was nothing to HIM that made me want to invest anything other than sex. That's all.
    bah

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    bah
    ditto.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

elaborate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoa! i almost got frostbite reading this. and i thought i was cold...
    IEI - the nasty kind...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

elaborate
    the last two lines sound like said out of anger, mostly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii
    of course you need to take into consideration that you approach sex like an istp, NOT like an estp, and hence after the initial little lust thing he probably didn't find you too sexy, after all, IF guys were more than thrilled to have a girlfriend with a higher sex drive than 99% of men out there then why were your previous relationships utter failures? exactly. if only humans were like rabbits you'd be able to spend your entire life gleefully like a little girl at disney world. unfortunately there's a little bit more to it as you'll one day find out

Yes, I'm sure one day she'll grow up and be as worldly and wise as you.

; 5w6

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this a kind of fight between types we're having here?!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry if I'm being too blunt, but it's the truth. At first I tried to convince myself I was happy but now that I look at it, it was purely based on sex.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    bah
    ditto.

hah, double ditto?
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. ISTp + INFp relations are not good things. Jessica what your saying is right, in the end when the relationship didn't work out you had nothing but sex between you, and then that failed.

Misutii made a pertinent point about you having incompatible sexual styles. He was looking for you as an agressor and you were approaching him sexually with your careful style. I suspect thats part of the reason the sex dried up. INFps are quite deep people, and much like ENFp's if the rest of the relationship isn't there we couldn't give two shits about sex in the long run.

I must admit that after the initial honeymoon period i get a little bored of sex. I think it partially has to do with me telling that the relationship is starting to fail. Of course its always pretty fun but once im over that initial zang its definately not enough to base a relationship around. Still, i've never slept with a careful sexual style, so hopefully that will keep the candle burning so to speak :wink:
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think what rubbed people the wrong way was you saying that if the guy didn't want to have frequent sex with you, he must be gay. Guys are a bit more complicated than that. They might want a real relationship with a compatible partner from time to time too.

Anyway, it's best that relationship is in the past, and hopefully you'll both move onto relationships where you're both happier.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I probobly shouldn't have implied he was gay..I get a bit too um...blunt. But I just never personally met a guy like him. Extremely emotionally needy and demanding. That's great and all, I just can't be with someone like that.

Hell, he threatened suicide whenever i didn't give him 100% of my attention....it was just really strange. Not healthy whatsoever. And don't get me wrong, I don't want a relationship purely based on sex. I've had that more than i'd care to admit and i would love something deeper. Admittedly so, I'm an extremely sexual person and maybe it does turn guys off. Maybe it is me. Maybe I'm not "deep" enough. Whatever. I've given up completely. No grandkids for my parents.

But back to the topic at hand...sick of writing novels about my life.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't give up completely! You're young yet - you'll find someone right for you.

He obviously wasn't a healthy person regardless of type, and that isn't your fault.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Admittedly so, I'm an extremely sexual person and maybe it does turn guys off.
    No!

f the guy didn't want to have frequent sex with you, he must be gay. Guys are a bit more complicated than that. They might want a real relationship with a compatible partner from time to time too.
    Well if the relationship has already gone downhill, I lose the sex drive towards the person no matter how I liked her before. It's just natural, I think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I probobly shouldn't have implied he was gay..I get a bit too um...blunt. But I just never personally met a guy like him. Extremely emotionally needy and demanding. That's great and all, I just can't be with someone like that.

Hell, he threatened suicide whenever i didn't give him 100% of my attention....it was just really strange. Not healthy whatsoever. And don't get me wrong, I don't want a relationship purely based on sex. I've had that more than i'd care to admit and i would love something deeper. Admittedly so, I'm an extremely sexual person and maybe it does turn guys off. Maybe it is me. Maybe I'm not "deep" enough. Whatever. I've given up completely. No grandkids for my parents.

But back to the topic at hand...sick of writing novels about my life.
    you just need someone that will let you be yourself, like an ENFp!
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by napalm

Yes, I'm sure one day she'll grow up and be as worldly and wise as you.

i know i'm a smart-ass and deserve a spanking *braces for impact* lol
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ATTN: INFP's

Stop being so confusing. Thanks.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ATTN: INFP's

Things are so confusing when you're young.

or an INFP.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    I actually like it when INFps are confusing, in a way. I like trying to figure them out
    Me too.
    Suomea

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ATTN: INFP's

*confused*

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indirectness sucks.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I mean, like, if it's a burrito you want, just don't write it off as "Tomorrow's Problem." Because that just makes them angry and want to, like, get going in the other direction. But theoretically, I think it could work, really. If, indeed, he means what he says he means, but I'm not so sure about that. It's like TMI, i f you know what I mean. And if you don't, that alright too, because I don't have work tomorrow. We should have sex.

And also, your mom says "Hi."

"How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you give an example?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indirectness sucks.
    +1
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast