View Poll Results: Bill Cosby's type?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

    0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

    0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

    0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

    0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

    0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

    0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

    0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

    0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

    0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

    0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

    1 100.00%
  • ESI (ISFj)

    0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

    0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

    0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

    0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 100

Thread: Bill Cosby

  1. #1
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Bill Cosby

    Any ideas?




     














    quotes:

    Immortality is a long shot, I admit. But somebody has to be first.

    For college seniors there should be a week of being allowed to cry. Just break down and cry because you are scared and don't know what's next.

    When I say, I don't care what white people think, I mean that.

    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

    I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

    I think the part of media that romanticizes criminal behavior, things that a person will say against women, profanity, being gangster, having multiple children with multiple men and women and not wanting to is prevalent. When you look at the majority of shows on television they placate that kind of behavior.

    If you speak your mind and if it is true what you're saying, then I think the integrity of what you're saying carries through.

    You can turn painful situations around through laughter. If you can find humor in anything, even poverty, you can survive it.

    The main goal of the future is to stop violence. The world is addicted to it.

    A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.

    No matter how calmly you try to referee, parenting will eventually produce bizarre behavior, and I'm not talking about the kids. Their behavior is always normal.

    That married couples can live together day after day is a miracle that the Vatican has overlooked.

    As I have discovered by examining my past, I started out as a child. Coincidentally, so did my brother. My mother did not put all her eggs in one basket, so to speak: she gave me a younger brother named Russell, who taught me what was meant by 'survival of the fittest.'

    Did you ever see the customers in health - food stores? They are pale, skinny people who look half - dead. In a steak house, you see robust, ruddy people. They're dying, of course, but they look terrific.

    Every closed eye is not sleeping, and every open eye is not seeing.






    Last edited by silke; 06-20-2017 at 10:14 AM. Reason: updated links
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  2. #2
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    enfp, esfj
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  3. #3
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i thought ESFj.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  4. #4
    Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Former USSR (global nomad)
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ah yes, Bill Cosby must be typed!

    ESE seems to make the most sense ... a guy who's a lot of fun, who makes people laugh, who lightens things up, who's always cheerful.

    Wikipedia:
    He has also continued appearing on the stand-up circuit, delighting audiences with his gentle, paternal brand of comedy. His material consists mainly of anecdotal tales, often dealing with his upbringing and raising his own family, and he is known for having a clean, kid-friendly routine. His good-natured, fatherly image has made him a popular personality and earned him the nickname of "America's Black Dad," and he has also been a sought-after spokesman
    In school, Cosby was bright and athletic, the captain of the baseball and track teams at Mary Channing Wister Elementary School in Philadelphia, PA as well as class president. Early on, though, teachers noted his propensity for clowning around rather than studying

  5. #5
    Creepy-male

    Default






  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    europe
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNStwTlQgJE

    Looking at this video, the impression I get is ENFj. It's a story about how he hates to cook, involving lots of Se and magical thinking.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Based on V.I. and his extreme resemblance with a friend of mine (whom I have known for more than 20 years) in his face expressions, his way of talking, the sound of his voice etc., I have always thought that Bill Cosby is a clear-cut (though not necessarily typical) example of an INFp.

  8. #8
    Creepy-male

    Default

    he definitally fits the "goofy" profile of an INFp, but from MBTI things I've read it seems to express the since of INFp being serene and calm and at peace. While ExFx seem to carry more foward energy and enthusiasm towards people.

    Though in Socionics the being in the ego, tends to account for the "goofy" tendancies. While an ENFp has instead, tending to be interested in the people and ethics. It would almost seem reversed that the INFp in Socionics would be more bubbly and enthusiastic.

    But I personally think its a mistake to think that, the reasoning is as follows (I know Phaedrus is big on providing a rationale).

    The in creative seems to be used in the INFp to inspire their to act. Meaning that they will tend to peice together a big picture based on the feelings they recieve, making them proficient in poetry, fantasy, drama, literature, and even being prophets and seers in ancient cultures. The as you see is not meant to be interpretted as bubbly and goofy from what I can tell, its meant to muse their . However an ENFx type would be different, more bubbly and enthusiastic towards people.

    The ENFp concerned with the possibilities and potentials in front of them mused by their understanding of people and ethics, may not seem like a candidate. However upon close inspection they have in their super-id, and hence tends to have a strong unconcious motive towards . Specifically they are producing and accepting , so their unconcious self can be understood as a lustful instinctive INFp sort of. In other words their vision for what is occuring in the "drama" of life on the big picture motivates their strong feelings about people and ethics. Making them passionate and enthuiastic towards causes and people, opening up possibilities for the future, working like characters in a drama rather than observers.

    While the ENFj concerned with the feelings and vibes they recieve from grasping the big picture, is a flip-flop of the INFp. They look at the big picture and feel a certain way about it. While the INFp feels something and peices together the big picture. This alone shows why the ENFj would be more enthuiastic, they would constantly spend their time creating positive based on their realizations. So in a large community they'd want to try to propagate good feelings and alturism(sp?) based on the big picture.


    So the point of this post, I don't think cosby is INFp, I think he is way to enthusiastic and not as serene and lost looking like an INFp.

  9. #9
    Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Former USSR (global nomad)
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here's a perfect example of an IEI comedian/showman:

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...+keillor&hl=en
    (start at 35:00)
    It's not hard to see the difference between Keillor and someone like Bill Cosby. Bill Cosby displays in his shows with direct external emotional expression, Keillor with his slow, thoughtful, and extremely witty and zany imagination.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    Here's a perfect example of an IEI comedian/showman:

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...+keillor&hl=en
    (start at 35:00)
    It's not hard to see the difference between Keillor and someone like Bill Cosby. Bill Cosby displays in his shows with direct external emotional expression, Keillor with his slow, thoughtful, and extremely witty and zany imagination.
    I agree with you that Keillor and Cosby are different, and I can't say that Keillor can't be an IEI. But it is still a fact that Bill Cosby, in his way of telling stories, his facial expressions, and his overall appearance is very similar to my friend, who is most certainly an INFp. I have made a thorough typing of my friend, and at least two things are absolutely impossible to doubt about his type:

    1. He is not an an ESE
    2. He is an NF.

    Bill Cosby gives the impression of being an introverted irrational type, and he also looks more like an IEI than an ESE from V.I. EIE is more likely than ESE, but neither of those two types seems very likely.

  11. #11
    Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Former USSR (global nomad)
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can you give any arguments for Cosby's type other than similarity to your friend? That kind of logic doesn't work for a public discussion.

  12. #12
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He seems ESFj to me. I remember watching his show when I was in high school. His character, whom he wrote and based on himself, is very nurturing and seems kind of classic ESFj. The wife character could even have been an INTj.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  13. #13
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    Can you give any arguments for Cosby's type other than similarity to your friend? That kind of logic doesn't work for a public discussion.
    Hint: phaedrus logic never works for a public discussion
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    Can you give any arguments for Cosby's type other than similarity to your friend? That kind of logic doesn't work for a public discussion.
    No, I can't at this point. My knowledge of Cosby is limited. The only reason I can give you for taking my suggestion seriously is that I have been right almost every time I have typed people on this forum and almost every time I have felt really sure of someone's type (which doesn't happen too often when it comes to people I haven't met in real life). But of course I don't expect you to buy that argument (even though, objectively, you should, if you had access to all the relevant information).

  15. #15
    Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Former USSR (global nomad)
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    But of course I don't expect you to buy that argument (even though, objectively, you should, if you had access to all the relevant information).
    OK, I won't buy that argument, since I don't have access to the relevant information.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    But of course I don't expect you to buy that argument (even though, objectively, you should, if you had access to all the relevant information).
    OK, I won't buy that argument, since I don't have access to the relevant information.
    Okay, that was expected. But if you want to take a scientific stand on this, you could try to falsify the hypothesis that Bill Cosby is an INFp. Try to prove that he cannot be an IEI.

  17. #17
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    But of course I don't expect you to buy that argument (even though, objectively, you should, if you had access to all the relevant information).
    OK, I won't buy that argument, since I don't have access to the relevant information.
    Okay, that was expected. But if you want to take a scientific stand on this, you could try to falsify the hypothesis that Bill Cosby is an INFp. Try to prove that he cannot be an IEI.
    Nothing can be proven in socionics.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  18. #18
    Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Former USSR (global nomad)
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    But of course I don't expect you to buy that argument (even though, objectively, you should, if you had access to all the relevant information).
    OK, I won't buy that argument, since I don't have access to the relevant information.
    Okay, that was expected. But if you want to take a scientific stand on this, you could try to falsify the hypothesis that Bill Cosby is an INFp. Try to prove that he cannot be an IEI.
    He does not actively project . Therefore, he cannot be IEI. Scientific enough?

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Nothing can be proven in socionics.
    Not in a strict sense, no. But our reasons for dismissing a hypothesis can sometimes be so strong that we can say beyond reasonable doubt that the hypothesis is false. It is often easier to falsify a hypothesis than to verify it, and we can be more sure that we are right about it, too.

  20. #20
    Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Former USSR (global nomad)
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So, the Bill Cosby discussion has gone down the tubes... We are now going to prove logically that Cosby is or is not like a friend of Phaedrus' whom we have never met, but, having access to "relevant information," should objectively consider to be IEI because:
    1. Phaedrus has been right almost every time he has typed someone on this form
    2. See point 1
    Further reasons for considering Cosby an IEI are:
    1. Obvious similarity to said friend, who:
    a) is not ESE
    b) is an NF
    2. the V.I. crystal ball says IEI more likely than EIE/ESE

    Given the crushing weight of these arguments, I'm inclined to revoke my flippant typing of Cosby as ESE.

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    He does not actively project . Therefore, he cannot be IEI. Scientific enough?
    Yes, it scientific, but it is not nearly good enough. You focus only on the functions here. The functions must be compared with the overall picture of the person. And you cannot convince me by talking only about functions and how they are expressed, since you have, at least on one occasion, "proven" that you couldn't tell the difference between accepting and creative .

  22. #22
    Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Former USSR (global nomad)
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    He does not actively project . Therefore, he cannot be IEI. Scientific enough?
    Yes, it scientific, but it is not nearly good enough. You focus only on the functions here. The functions must be compared with the overall picture of the person. And you cannot convince me by talking only about functions and how they are expressed, since you have, at least on one occasion, "proven" that you couldn't tell the difference between accepting and creative .
    Then show us the way, Phaedrus. Lead us to the Truth you have found.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    Then show us the way, Phaedrus. Lead us to the Truth you have found.
    The sad truth seems to be that I am lousy at showing the way to the truth. Every time I try I fail; people are not convinced by my arguments. In this case I have already stated the only arguments I have for typing Cosby. I realize why that will not convince you, and I also realize that it is necessary to provide further arguements, but I have nothing better to offer right now.

  24. #24
    Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Former USSR (global nomad)
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *addendum: arguments against Cosby being IEI are to be considered logical only when presented by people who believe Phaedrus is ILI.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    *addendum: arguments against Cosby being IEI are to be considered logical only when presented by people who believe Phaedrus is ILI.
    Not necessarily. But everyone who is totally convinced that I am not an ILI will be considered to be an idiot, and it is likely that I will not take such a (hypothetic) person seriously.

  26. #26
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    But of course I don't expect you to buy that argument (even though, objectively, you should, if you had access to all the relevant information).
    OK, I won't buy that argument, since I don't have access to the relevant information.
    Okay, that was expected. But if you want to take a scientific stand on this, you could try to falsify the hypothesis that Bill Cosby is an INFp. Try to prove that he cannot be an IEI.
    lol I am not sure if I am on /ignore or whatever but I did post my reasoning as to why I didn't believe cosby was an INFp..... however I suppose its automatically irrelevant and not worthy of consideration.

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    Ah yes, Bill Cosby must be typed!

    ESE seems to make the most sense ... a guy who's a lot of fun, who makes people laugh, who lightens things up, who's always cheerful.

    Wikipedia:
    He has also continued appearing on the stand-up circuit, delighting audiences with his gentle, paternal brand of comedy. His material consists mainly of anecdotal tales, often dealing with his upbringing and raising his own family, and he is known for having a clean, kid-friendly routine. His good-natured, fatherly image has made him a popular personality and earned him the nickname of "America's Black Dad," and he has also been a sought-after spokesman
    In school, Cosby was bright and athletic, the captain of the baseball and track teams at Mary Channing Wister Elementary School in Philadelphia, PA as well as class president. Early on, though, teachers noted his propensity for clowning around rather than studying
    esfj clown around rather then study? oh god no... SO Ne.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz
    lol I am not sure if I am on /ignore or whatever but I did post my reasoning as to why I didn't believe cosby was an INFp..... however I suppose its automatically irrelevant and not worthy of consideration.
    Your only argument so far comes down to this: "I don't think cosby is INFp, I think he is way to enthusiastic and not as serene and lost looking like an INFp." That argument is much weaker than my unconvincing argument.

  29. #29
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz
    lol I am not sure if I am on /ignore or whatever but I did post my reasoning as to why I didn't believe cosby was an INFp..... however I suppose its automatically irrelevant and not worthy of consideration.
    Your only argument so far comes down to this: "I don't think cosby is INFp, I think he is way to enthusiastic and not as serene and lost looking like an INFp." That argument is much weaker than my unconvincing argument.
    Phaedrus, I see a bad pattern forming... When you enter a discussion, it often ends up being just a bunch of nitpicking. You still have time to reconsider if that's what you want.

    I can totally see Cosby as ESFj. My first irrational thought was, "I bet they type him as ENFj. That would be so stereotypical." And when I looked at his pics, I thought ESTj. I can't really type ESFjs, but it would make sense from the impression I got. Very much not INFp'ish IMO. There is something very "open" about him. I think it's because of EJ.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  30. #30
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    No, I can't at this point. My knowledge of Cosby is limited. The only reason I can give you for taking my suggestion seriously is that I have been right almost every time I have typed people on this forum and almost every time I have felt really sure of someone's type (which doesn't happen too often when it comes to people I haven't met in real life). But of course I don't expect you to buy that argument (even though, objectively, you should, if you had access to all the relevant information).
    God, you are such a tard!

    Cosby is, without a shred of doubt, ESE.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan
    Cosby is, without a shred of doubt, ESE.
    If you knew from the very beginning that Cosby was an ESE, why did you start this thread? And why haven't you presented even the slightest shred of an argument to support that the claim that Cosby is an ESE?

  32. #32
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1. Because I wanted to see what others thought without my input
    2. Because I'm not going to waste my reasoning on someone who is clearly set in his ways and will doubtless respond with some comment about the invalidity of Socionics assuming the incorrectness of his typing, or some other such nonsense.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan
    Because I'm not going to waste my reasoning on someone who is clearly set in his ways and will doubtless respond with some comment about the invalidity of Socionics assuming the incorrectness of his typing, or some other such nonsense.
    So, you think I am the only one on this forum who isn't convinced that Cosby is an ESE then? Or do you consider everyone else besides me to be just as "clearly set in his ways" as I am?

  34. #34
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i want some of the INFps to reply to this thread.


    i think that most people can say that INFps can be clearly critical (like INTps.)


    i´m in the boat with rick, i just don´t see at all. , however, is obv!
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  35. #35
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz
    lol I am not sure if I am on /ignore or whatever but I did post my reasoning as to why I didn't believe cosby was an INFp..... however I suppose its automatically irrelevant and not worthy of consideration.
    Your only argument so far comes down to this: "I don't think cosby is INFp, I think he is way to enthusiastic and not as serene and lost looking like an INFp." That argument is much weaker than my unconvincing argument.
    You've got to be kidding, its only one point -- but its iron clad I posted a complete analysis explaning why INFp's tend to be more serene and lost looking and why ENFx's tend to be more bubbly and enthusiastic. The rationale is extensive and elegantly fits the theory.

    Bill Cosby is constantly goofy, given to antics and non-serious sillyness. An INFp usually approaches things rather calmly serene and peaceful, underneath this calm front though they tend to be more turbulent. Eventually given the time they can open up and express themselves with a childlike innocence and sincerity. Unlike other feelers though they tend to be Imaginative and prone to think ridiculous silly fanciful goofy things. Bill Cosby doesn't fit this style so much as the other.

    Bill Cosby is more about goofy off with antics and faces and such, he doesn't say silly ridiculous fanciful childlike goofy things. I've never seen him with that serene INFp look or with that childike innocence/sincerity. Bill Cosby seems more down to earth also, participating in a show like the Cosby show seems like a down to earth family based thing. Also the kids shows he did seem down to earth and family based also sort of.

    His brand of sillyness is undisputably antics, faces, and emotes rather than ridiculous and silly imaginative things. This show Cosby as being more down to earth and sensory, he definitally seems to fit well under an xSFx. I'd say ESE is quite fitting.

    EIE also seems possible but given his less imaginative tone, and more emoting down to earth style I'd venture with ESE as the best I can see so far.

  36. #36
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    So, you think I am the only one on this forum who isn't convinced that Cosby is an ESE then? Or do you consider everyone else besides me to be just as "clearly set in his ways" as I am?
    If someone worthy of my time asks for it, they will get it.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  37. #37
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,620
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This discussion is a brilliant example of what I was talking about on the Ni in action thread.

    Phaedrus offers a belief that he has formed based on personal experience; Rick isn't seeing it, so he asks for something publicly evident. Phaedrus does not refuse, but instead says that his personal evidence is good enough (for himself at least).

  38. #38

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Phaedrus offers a belief that he has formed based on personal experience; Rick isn't seeing it, so he asks for something publicly evident. Phaedrus does not refuse, but instead says that his personal evidence is good enough (for himself at least).
    I have never said that what I have said about my personal experiences is or should be good enough for anyone. Rick and the rest of you (especially HaveLucidDreamz) have so far presented nothing but personal interpretations of trivial common stuff about the types and assertive statements about how impossible it is for you to see in Cosby.

    To state that Cosby cannot be an INFp because INFps in general are not like him is a rather weak argument. To state that Cosby can be an INFp because he is extremely resemblant of some real life person who most likely is an INFp is of course a stronger argument, although not totally convincing.

    If Cosby is an ESE he should look like an ESE on V.I. Maybe you think that he looks like one, I don't. I think he looks more like an INFp, and that claim is based both on his resemblance with publicly available pictures of INFps on the Internet and his resemblance with my real life friend, who is an INFp. Perhaps someone of you could show us some pictures of more certain ESEs who looks like Cosby.

  39. #39
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Bah it appears the forum is more pop-psychology than I expected, w/e I am out of this discussion, the traits bill cosby has doesn't fit the description, plain and simple.... its not a proper usage of the theory....

    comparing your friends to movie stars, has no place in a socionics theory discussion.... its about the theory, comparing your friend to movie stars belongs in the pop-pyschology section.

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz
    comparing your friends to movie stars, has no place in a socionics theory discussion.... its about the theory, comparing your friend to movie stars belongs in the pop-pyschology section.
    No, you are wrong. It is about making correct typings of people. The theory itself is of questionable value if the use of it results in incorrect typings. If you think that you can make reliable typings based only on your own comparison with your own understanding of some type descriptions, you have still much to learn.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •