Thread: What qualities do INFjs respect in other people?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What qualities do INFjs respect in other people?

What do INFJ types respect in other people? How can you win their respect, love etc?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't speak for all INFjs, but I can tell you of myself.

I respect...

...a sense of right and wrong, and strength of character to stand by those convictions. The person I admire most is one that will do what is right even when it is not advantageous, even when it costs, even when it hurts.

...a person who knows what they're doing (i.e. competence).

...someone who is humble enough to admit when they are wrong. And, along with that idea, someone who is more willing to work on their own faults than those of others.

...people who go through suffering and adversity with dignity and grace.

...commitment to a choice or a vow. Fortitude, perseverance, loyalty to one's word.

...honesty, sincerity.

...kindness, especially when it is given in return for unkindness.

...someone who searches for truth and doesn't rest until it's found.

There's more, but that's good for now, I think.

As far as love... I love both many and very few. I wish everyone well; there's no one I really hate. I have no enemies (that I know of - not counting those who hate me simply for my demographics), and while there are a few people that I don't like to be around, it's more because they tax my patience or pull me away from where I want to be than that I think them horrible people, or anything like that. And, yet, I'm truly devoted and connected to a relatively small number of people, comprising mostly of my family. That type of love is born more from commitment and trust. I would have to be very sure of someone to let them into my "inner circle," so to speak. Either that, or very deluded and distracted.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure about other INFjs. Here's what I respect and/or love in people:

-kindness and someone who forgives
    -sincerity
    -intelligent yet humble
    -friendliness
    -sensitive and caring
    -smiling
    -confident and not arrogant
    -someone who doesn't get into conflicts for the sake of arguing
    -good listener and doesn't talk too much
    -loving
    -people who love animals and children
    -people who are stable and secure
    -people who don't pressure me to do crazy things like bungee jumping or go for multiple roller coaster rides.
    -people who take good care of their image
    -patience

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    no extx
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-sincerity
    -intelligent yet humble
    -friendliness
    -sensitive and caring
    -smiling
    -loving
    -people who don't pressure me to do crazy things like bungee jumping or go for multiple roller coaster rides.
    -patience
    Im not INFJ but I could agree with most of this list Ive lived long enough to know that I could love someone without some of these traits even though it would bug me a little. Nobody is perfect, certainly not me.
    I do like the emphasis that INFJs put on loyalty and goodness.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They seem very uptight to me. Just a random observation.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-sincerity
    -intelligent yet humble
    -friendliness
    -sensitive and caring
    -smiling
    -loving
    -patience
    I agree with the rest although i'm not INFj, but I love coasters! And I'd wanna try bungee jumping one day. The thrill is amazing!
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    Yeah, I was commented like that before.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being uptight makes them fun to tease. They can be very gullible.
    @Mea, Yeah I like rollercoasters and adventure rides too. I dont know if I'll be jumping out of any airplanes but I might consider bungee jumping under very controlled conditions, maybe.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by enjio
    I almost went out with an INFJ once. She was pretty, but it seemed like she was lost in imagination all the time. It was a little weird
    I wouldn't go that route again. I tried it and it was a huge mistake. Talk about a HUGE gap in communication. Felt like I was talking to someone from another planet the whole time. I could never voice my opinion or say anything even remotely negative about that person without worrying they'd go hang themselves. I had to walk on eggshells the whole time. Not for me.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    @Mea, Yeah I like rollercoasters and adventure rides too. I dont know if I'll be jumping out of any airplanes but I might consider bungee jumping under very controlled conditions, maybe.
    Actually, I don't mind rollercoasters, adventure rides and bungee jumping. Maybe not too many of them. :wink:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I almost went out with an INFJ once. She was pretty, but it seemed like she was lost in imagination all the time. It was a little weird
    I wouldn't go that route again. I tried it and it was a huge mistake. Talk about a HUGE gap in communication. Felt like I was talking to someone from another planet the whole time. I could never voice my opinion or say anything even remotely negative about that person without worrying they'd go hang themselves. I had to walk on eggshells the whole time. Not for me.
    You have prolly met an unhealthy INFj.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's weird. Those people you guys described sound more INFp IMO.

@Topaz: Jumping off airplanes with sounds fun! (with a parachute of course) I'd love to try that. Hope I'll get to try it the next time I visit Australia.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    @Topaz: Jumping off airplanes with sounds fun! (with a parachute of course) I'd love to try that. Hope I'll get to try it the next time I visit Australia.
    Me too. At least (or should I say most) once in my life.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes~ Definitely. Anyway, if I die on the first attempt, I'll die happy.
    Maybe we could go together. :wink:
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes~ Definitely. Anyway, if I die on the first attempt, I'll die happy.
    Maybe we could go together. :wink:
    youre a bit morbid. Did anyone ever tell you that?
    Nah, I can think of better ways of getting my jollies rather than throwing myself out of airplanes. Miniture golf anyone?

Topaz

Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    I can't speak for all INFjs, but I can tell you of myself.

I respect...

...a sense of right and wrong, and strength of character to stand by those convictions. The person I admire most is one that will do what is right even when it is not advantageous, even when it costs, even when it hurts.

...a person who knows what they're doing (i.e. competence).

...someone who is humble enough to admit when they are wrong. And, along with that idea, someone who is more willing to work on their own faults than those of others.

...people who go through suffering and adversity with dignity and grace.

...commitment to a choice or a vow. Fortitude, perseverance, loyalty to one's word.

...honesty, sincerity.

...kindness, especially when it is given in return for unkindness.

...someone who searches for truth and doesn't rest until it's found.

There's more, but that's good for now, I think.

As far as love... I love both many and very few. I wish everyone well; there's no one I really hate. I have no enemies (that I know of - not counting those who hate me simply for my demographics), and while there are a few people that I don't like to be around, it's more because they tax my patience or pull me away from where I want to be than that I think them horrible people, or anything like that. And, yet, I'm truly devoted and connected to a relatively small number of people, comprising mostly of my family. That type of love is born more from commitment and trust. I would have to be very sure of someone to let them into my "inner circle," so to speak. Either that, or very deluded and distracted.
    Isn't FiNe INFp?
    INFj = NiFe
    INFjerk

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FiNe is INFj, and NiFe is INFp Ni and Ne are perceiving functions so if Ni comes first it's got a p on the end. Fi and Fe are judging functions so if Fi or Fe come first it's got a j on the end.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    FiNe is INFj, and NiFe is INFp Ni and Ne are perceiving functions so if Ni comes first it's got a p on the end. Fi and Fe are judging functions so if Fi or Fe come first it's got a j on the end.
    Good girl!

Topaz

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*grabs piece of paper and starts writing, before heading out to find unsuspecting INFj's*

other than "-good listener and doesn't talk too much" I should be alright...lol I'd say I'm a good listener but around the right people I talk oodles (a lot).

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    *grabs piece of paper and starts writing, before heading out to find unsuspecting INFj's*

other than "-good listener and doesn't talk too much" I should be alright...lol I'd say I'm a good listener but around the right people I talk oodles (a lot).
    Maybe we should start a thread on what ESTjs respect too.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes! i totally agree! I'd be curious about that.

(since my bf's ESTj)
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'd probably be a waste of time... Just think of all the things that people are supposed to respect and that'll work...lol
    Well, that and of course, there'd only be one or two responses since there's soooo many estj's here...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'd probably be a waste of time... Just think of all the things that people are supposed to respect and that'll work...lol
    Well, that and of course, there'd only be one or two responses since there's soooo many estj's here...
    I'm pretty clueless about how my ESTj bf thinks
    INTp
    sx/sp

Wait, no, that can't be right.

http://www.bestfittype.com/cognitiveprocesses.html <-- Here's what I mean.
    This is a Jung site.

If the first two functions are Ni, Si, Te, and Fe it has a J at the end.

If the first two are Ne, Se, Fi, or Ti, then it has a P at the end.

What you're thinking of is Jung's rational and irrational axii, but this is not set up to match with those.
    INFjerk

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-Inferior Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Orange
    Wait, no, that can't be right.

http://www.bestfittype.com/cognitiveprocesses.html <-- Here's what I mean.
    This is a Jung site.

If the first two functions are Ni, Si, Te, and Fe it has a J at the end.

If the first two are Ne, Se, Fi, or Ti, then it has a P at the end.

What you're thinking of is Jung's rational and irrational axii, but this is not set up to match with those.
    In socionics (this site here that we're on) it's like this:

INFj = Fi Ne
    INFp= Ni Fe

It might not be like that in other systems, but that's how it is in socionics.
    Go on google. If you look on the internet every INFP profile is revolved around FiNe and every INFJ profile is revolved around NiFe. To say that you are an INFj instead of INFP is only confusing.
    Instead of making INFj and INFJ two different types, refer only to your functions to keep from creating more confusion.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Socionics, which is what this site is about, INFj is FiNe, and INFp is NiFe. MBTI and Socionics are obviously two different things. And I agree that use of the same letter system as MBTI is confusing.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-Diana

Quote Originally Posted by Inferior Fe
    In socionics (this site here that we're on) it's like this:

INFj = Fi Ne
    INFp= Ni Fe

It might not be like that in other systems, but that's how it is in socionics.
    Go on google. If you look on the internet every INFP profile is revolved around FiNe and every INFJ profile is revolved around NiFe. To say that you are an INFj instead of INFP is only confusing.
    Instead of making INFj and INFJ two different types, refer only to your functions to keep from creating more confusion.
    Like I already said, it's not like that in other systems (which is what you'll typically find when you google INFP - primarily MBTI sites). But, for socionics that's how it is INFp = Ni Fe, INFj = Fi Ne. Anyway, EO was asking the question of Minde because he saw that she had FiNe in her sig, and he mistakenly thought that meant she was INFP. I'm just trying to clear things up. Referring only to the functions (as her sig did) obviously did not help. Also, the functions are not always described the same way by different systems, etc. etc.
    Ick. That's certainly confusing. Every other profile description online is wrong then. :/

So then apparently I'm not an INFj, but I'm an INFp?

Socionics is kind of effed.
    INFjerk

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I already said, it's not like that in other systems (which is what you'll typically find when you google INFP - primarily MBTI sites). But, for socionics that's how it is INFp = Ni Fe, INFj = Fi Ne. Anyway, EO was asking the question of Minde because he saw that she had FiNe in her sig, and he mistakenly thought that meant she was INFP. I'm just trying to clear things up. Referring only to the functions (as her sig did) obviously did not help. Also, the functions are not always described the same way by different systems, etc. etc.
    Sorry for any confusion. But my signature doesn't have just the functions. I put "INFj" and "EII" in there, too. Maybe I should put something else in there, too, like "Static-Rational NF," or something like that. It all means the same thing anyway.

And, EO, Diana and Slacker Mom are right. Socionics and MBTI are two different theories, thought they share some similarities. Trust us. On this forum, at least, FiNe means INFj. But, yes, it is very confusing at times.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Orange
    Ick. That's certainly confusing. Every other profile description online is wrong then. :/

So then apparently I'm not an INFj, but I'm an INFp?

Socionics is kind of effed.
    yes, it is confusing, until you begin to recognize the differences between the systems....then it's only half as confusing.

socionics might refer to you as infp
    while mbti might refer to you as infj
    as far as some of us are concerned,
    irregardless of what socionics and mbti say,
    you are YOU
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is actually quite simple I think.

I respect someone being genuine more than anything else. This world is so full of liars and people who wear personality masks in different situations (myself included, sometimes) that genuine people seem rarer and rarer these days and should be treasured all the more because of it. If you don't believe me, look at the media. Look how you too can have perfect abs, bigger breasts, a whiter smile etc ...

I will let you in on a secret to INFJ's that I have discovered.

Just. Be. Yourself. Do NOT try to win an INFJ's love by impressing them or changing to please them. Just be who you are and the INFJ will respect (and love) you more for it. I know I respect people who are just themselves around me and don't try to be something they are not. That's probably because I can spot a fake a mile away though. I see them all the time. Remember INFJ's see things about people that they try to keep hidden and we generally do so easily. So just be yourself and if you and the INFJ are compatible, things will happen. Just don't expect the INFJ to approach you. I approach people, but that's only because I get sick of being Mr Invisible all the time. I can't speak for all INFJ's but I think there is a definite sense we are underappreciated in the wider community. That's probably just because of those damn E's soaking up the limelight though. ;P

Above all else. When interacting with an INFJ, just be yourself and they will love you for it.

Zombie. Proud INFJ!