• INFp

0 0%
  • ISFj

0 0%
  • INFj

3 42.86%
  • others (please specify)

0 0%
  • provide more details abt yourself first.

4 57.14%

Thread: What type am I?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What type am I?

Just curious too.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm, I'm not very sure... yet.

But I think if I got to know you better, we'd get along.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    But I think if I got to know you better, we'd get along.
    I feel the same way too. :wink:

Come to think of it, maybe I should add some details about myself.

-I'm not so good in making decisions (which is pretty obvious ) as I'm always spoiled for choices and but after I made one, I stick to my decision despite obstacles, and I never have second doubts about it.

-I'm open to all types of music except all types of metal music, which I regard as noise, rap and hiphop 'cos the lyrics are usually nonsensical. My favorite music are easy-listening and one which tells a story and has a deep meaning, preferably an event I had experienced b4. The music must be emotional, uplifting, soothing, catchy, has meaningful lyrics, and not too depressing.
    Some of my all-time favorites:
    Regular Friends - David Tao
    You Were Meant For Me - Jewel
    Meteor Garden theme song - Harlem Yu
    (they are quite similar in some ways)

- I enjoy buying and owning stuff, but not in a prolific way. I put personal meaning to the things I buy. I tend to buy things for myself mainly based on aesthetics rather than functionality. For example, I bought an iPod 'cos of its beautiful design rather than a cheaper and more functional option (eg. Creative) even though the iPod does not come with an FM radio. I buy things which make me feel good. I can wear the same clothes or shoes very often that they wear and tear after a while. I'm not a clotheshorse, but some of my friends have mentioned that I'm rather adept at buying stuff that are beautiful and unique and looks good on me, rather than following the norm of what most people wear.

-Even though I decide to do something, I do not follow through what I plan to do. Eg. I bought an Ibanez guitar b4 I actually hold a real guitar and go for lessons and stuff. Now it is sitting in my room as an ornament even though I still intend to learn it someday.

-As a student, I think I'm average, and one of my goals is not to be the last in class and be at least a little above average, rather than aiming to be the first. I'm good in subjects that I'm interested in, but I couldn't be bothered by those which I don't really like (sciences like chem, physics, and biology; surprisingly, I'm really good in maths with minimal effort.) I'm majoring in psychology now 'cos it is one of the more practical courses in liberal arts and I see it as a stepping stone for a health sciences postgrad degree which I might take in future.

-I have excellent ideas, but I'm bad in writng academic papers, especially when I feel the pressure during exams. I'm the type to think outside the box. The tutors appreciated that in my papers, but they usually give me a really average grade like a B/B- 'cos they are sort of looking for "model answers".

-I complain quite alot sometimes. I can feel sad about unhappy past events, especially when I'm reminded of it. I only complain to my ISFj mum and one ENFj friend 'cos I feel more comfortable sharing my feelings to them.

-I'm rather conservative in love and relationship. Unless I'm attracted emotionally to that guy, I wouldn't waste my time and go out on a date with him. I can get into infatuations very easily especially since I always see the good side in people (unless he is really obnoxious).

-One thing that bothers me is that when someone is in the midst of telling a joke, I always laugh b4 everyone else does 'cos I always seem to know what to expect next even though I'm hearing it for the first time. It can be kind of embarrassing sometimes.

-people's comments about me really vary. I haven't got into a conflict with ppl so far. People have commented that I'm nice, kind, and sincere, and conscientious, prolly 'cos they haven't seen how lazy I am. I can be an "introverted" introvert, to the extent that even some introverts comment that I'm a quiet person. The only not-so-good comments I got were from 3 ESTps (who don't know each other) that I'm a boring person 'cos I'm quiet based on a few meetings. But we got along fine after they got to know me better and realize I was otherwise. I've been commented that I look "soft" based on appearance, but when she got to know me better, she realized that I'm someone who has her own opinion (?)

-I guess my interaction with people is based on how well I know them. I usually show my real self more to my friends rather than acquiantances, 'cos I feel that if I show my true self and all the indiosyncrasies I have, people might not like it and form false impressions about me. There are three things I wouldn't do infront of people I don't really know well: 1) sing karaoke with them 2) eat alot 3) shop alot just in case I scare them off. So, I prefer to show the best traits of myself, than I will slowly show them who I am after I conclude that they aren't very judgmental people.

I guess I've wrote alot by now, so I guess I better stop here.
    Thanks for reading this far.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, what gave you the idea that you're a Socionics introvert?

Though I'm not too good at typing people, here goes:

-I have excellent ideas, but I'm bad in writng academic papers, especially when I feel the pressure during exams. I'm the type to think outside the box. The tutors appreciated that in my papers, but they usually give me a really average grade like a B/B- 'cos they are sort of looking for "model answers".
    Possibilities, ideas. That sounded

-I complain quite alot sometimes. I can feel sad about unhappy past events, especially when I'm reminded of it. I only complain to my ISFj mum and one ENFj friend 'cos I feel more comfortable sharing my feelings to them.
    I'm not sure about this. Now, why did I quote it? Anyway, I rarely share my feelings. To me, burdening someone with my problems are just not right. However, I do sometimes talk to people with in their ego blocks when I'm upset. Mostly my INFj or ENFp(less) friend.
    I'm not sure what function you described though.

The only not-so-good comments I got were from 3 ESTps (who don't know each other) that I'm a boring person 'cos I'm quiet based on a few meetings. But we got along fine after they got to know me better and realize I was otherwise. I've been commented that I look "soft" based on appearance, but when she got to know me better, she realized that I'm someone who has her own opinion (?)
    Firstly, who cares about what they think. Few meetings?? Boring just because you're quiet when they only met you a few times?? I don't think you should take their opinions into consideration.
    Ahh.. and realizing that you're otherwise when they got to know you more. And that you have your own opinions. That made me think. Could you be a Delta? Then again, I'm horrible at typing. I do hope someone better at typing could give you an answer. Because so far, you feel like an Delta NF to me.

Overall, you sound like someone I'd get along with, just that we might have different interests.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it is not the first time I've asked.
    Any more suggestions guys?