Thread: Salut, I'm new!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Salut, I'm new!

Hi guys!
    I'm 16 and completely aloof about career decisions so I figured I would go back to similarminds and the like and figure out what my type is.
    I was hoping by reading these types I would be able to figure out how they correlate to how I think and what careers would be suitable for me. To my surprise, I keep coming up as ENTP when I'm pretty sure I was always an ENTJ.

I suppose I should give you some info about myself?
    Accomplishments: At 16? Pfft. The most I can think of is getting straight A's and being a good public speaker. However, I just moved to a new city and I absolutely miss my close friends. I've come to realize that if I do not have a close bond between a few friends, I lose much of my own confidence. It is sort of like 50% of who I am is shaped by the friends that are dear to me. So when I lost them, I felt (am feeling) so lonely like I can never find a close friend and then every thing from my energy, happiness, giddyness, yearning to learn, grades...dropped.

Hobbies: Everything interests me so I don't have much of a definite hobby. Badminton, reading, drawing, music, learning stuff, anything really.

Known Beliefs: Religion? I don't think I am really a religious person but to ask me at such an age is ridiculous. I think it takes time to figure out one's belief on one's own (without influence from parents/friends, etc.). However, I'm prone to go against organized religions though I like Hinduism (this could just be because I grew up learning this religion the most). I'm spiritual though.

Music: Mogwai, Explosions in the Sky, Mum, Sigor Ros, Snow Patrol, Death Cab For Cutie (before Plans), Postal Service, Norah Jones, Sarah McLachlan, Camille (french), Phoenix, OutKast, Broken Social Scene, M. Ward, Ashley MacIsaac (before he sang), Pay It Forward, Chrono Cross, Silent Hill 2 soundtracks, The Notwist, etc.

About ENTJ/ENTP: I agree with a lot of what is described of each type however, I always feel like I am a mix of both and whenever I read about the negative parts of each type, I try to prove them wrong by listening to others and not just saying my opinion, by allowing others to lead even though I want to, by being kind and open, and thinking about others. I think it is just my philosopy to try to be all that I can be.

ENTJs remind me of robots and I tend to be one but only to people who are not close to me.
    ENTPs are thought of as arrogant/asses? I don't think I come off as an ass and nobody has ever hated me or ever disliked me (i think). :S

My question is how I can figure out if I am really ENTJ or ENTP? Sometimes I think it is just a phase. When you get older, does your perceptive and environment force you to change slowly from one type to another?

(Apologies for the long post!)
    ^ ... that's all that my brain could intelligently write up.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, have you been reading MBTI descriptions of the types? Or socionics descriptions?
    If the test you've taken is from similar minds, you can try the test on socion.info instead.

Umm, any type can be arrogant? You don't have to an ENTp to be arrogant.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o! And welcome to the forum.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as always for newcomers, socionics =! MBTI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    If the test you've taken is from similar minds, you can try the test on socion.info instead.
    My god, that was a lot of questions! So the site claims that I am probably ESFp and that's really kind of them to put be as a "lovable" person and even though there are many things I agree with for that type, I'm still surprised I didn't land on the ENTx types. How bizarre...I thought I would be at least alittle bit close to my MBTI-type.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chopsticks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    My god, that was a lot of questions! So the site claims that I am probably ESFp and that's really kind of them to put be as a "lovable" person and even though there are many things I agree with for that type, I'm still surprised I didn't land on the ENTx types. How bizarre...I thought I would be at least alittle bit close to my MBTI-type.
    It's a long test indeed. But it's a test based on functional usage, pretty good test IMO.
    Hmm, maybe you rushed through the test? I dunno.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's ok. Take your time. Maybe u can post on "What's My Type?" again after posting more entries so that we all have a better idea by then.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    ENFj
    Fe-something
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to agree with ENFj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj is a good guess. I'm not counting ENTp out yet. It depends a bit if you are naturally polite or if it is just a role. We need to see more of you to know.
    And you should figure out whether you belong to Alpha or Beta quadra. Those are the Fe-quadras and you seem to belong there. You don't seem Gamma / ENTj but hard to evaluate because you are so young.

Check this site:
    http://www.socionics.us/

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww. You sound like someone I would really get along with, and you do have quite an INFp/ENFj aura ... something Beta about you. If Alpha though, I would definitely put my money on ENTp.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    you do have quite an INFp/ENFj aura ...
    how do u detect ppl's aura online?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    ENFj
    Aye, aye, captain!

Also, you really live in Venice, Italy? Like with boats and water and you on a boat, going around? Or is that too naive of me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    ENFj is a good guess. I'm not counting ENTp out yet. It depends a bit if you are naturally polite or if it is just a role. We need to see more of you to know.
    And you should figure out whether you belong to Alpha or Beta quadra. Those are the Fe-quadras and you seem to belong there. You don't seem Gamma / ENTj but hard to evaluate because you are so young.

Check this site:
    http://www.socionics.us/
    I will totally go there, thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    you do have quite an INFp/ENFj aura ...
    how do u detect ppl's aura online?
    It must have been my absolutely fabulous writing talents...hehe >_>