Thread: Hey Rocky, look here

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hey Rocky, look here ...

Just thought you would be interested in this ...

http://socionics.wsphere.com/cgi-bin...475084150.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's intersting how close the ENTP functions really were to the ISTP functions. I think I've finally settled on ISTP, though.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, being that close between diffrent types would make it hard for someone to figure out which was more dominant. That is for sure ...

Creepy-an ixtp (probably istp)

I have noticed this while working on oldest one and not sure about later one, but I glanced over the latest version, and now doubt it had few improvement about this point. So please ignore if it's by false evidence...

Most questions in rmcnew's test are according to existing descriptions of every type, chopped characteristics into partculler for functional comparison. Then, if functional analyze does some right, somebody determined on certain type by its description will find it as his/her type.
    Rocky once thought he's ENTp and now ISTp, so the test worked right on functional analysis. Just sure on functional, it can't say if model X is doing something much better than existing one is, nor Rocky is actually ENTp or ISTp.

Of course, I think Rocky can be both ISTp or ENTp (though approachable and recommended to be a lawyer is the rarest thing for ISTps, I think. Yeah, on this issue I'm SOOO narrow-minded on guessing in spite of on 2nd function ), but the test tells nothing more than existing descriptions, so nothing is new if you've already read through them all.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by an ixtp (probably istp)
    I have noticed this while working on oldest one and not sure about later one, but I glanced over the latest version, and now doubt it had few improvement about this point. So please ignore if it's by false evidence...

Most questions in rmcnew's test are according to existing descriptions of every type, chopped characteristics into partculler for functional comparison. Then, if functional analyze does some right, somebody determined on certain type by its description will find it as his/her type.
    Rocky once thought he's ENTp and now ISTp, so the test worked right on functional analysis. Just sure on functional, it can't say if model X is doing something much better than existing one is, nor Rocky is actually ENTp or ISTp.

Of course, I think Rocky can be both ISTp or ENTp (though approachable and recommended to be a lawyer is the rarest thing for ISTps, I think. Yeah, on this issue I'm SOOO narrow-minded on guessing in spite of on 2nd function ), but the test tells nothing more than existing descriptions, so nothing is new if you've already read through them all.
    Well, let me put it this way ...

You can spend hours upon hours reading through socionics.com and this site, reading and underlining everything that describes you ...

or

Take the typology test I prepared, which takes 45 minutes ...

You should get the same results in a shorter period of time

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    You should get the same results in a shorter period of time
    It's a nice idea. I thought it too.
    But I've already spent much time to read type descriptions, so no thank you...:wink:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by an ixtp (probably istp)
    My Dad said that ever since I could talk I was twisting words around and that he wanted to "wring my neck" ever since I was three. I wonder if this is common for ISTPs or ENTPs. For example, I would drop something and he would say "Why did you drop that on the ground" and I would come back with a smart ass remark like, "I didn't drop it Daddy, it FELL. And it's not called the ground, it's the floor. The ground is outside." Born to be a smartass .

I don't want to become a lawyer, but for some reason that's what people told me when I was younger because I always had a way with words.

Also I don't think all ISTPs are unappraochable. By the way, just because I said I don't mind people approaching me doesn't mean I'm not intimidating towards others at times. Yesterday someone told me I look like the kind of guy who'd end up on an A&E biography. But ISTPs can be "normal" in a social sense as well. A few fictional examples of ISTPs I can think of are James Bond, Han Solo, and Cooper from Eurotrip. Being alone too much is hell. Dependence isn’t a good quality but neither is independence.

“Those who think they can live without others are wrong. But those who think that others can live without them are more in error.”

I love that quote… it’s anonymous though.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    ESTj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, from a young age, people have often said that they think I will become a lawyer, or a politician later in life, because I win arguments and twist words. Interestingly enough, these are the precise fields which I'd have as first choice for a profession...however, it means that I'm probably destined to live the rest of my life under the title of 'liar'

Quote Originally Posted by Forest-Dragon
    Yeah, from a young age, people have often said that they think I will become a lawyer, or a politician later in life, because I win arguments and twist words.
    I've never been said.

Maybe one of the easiest way to feign your IQ 30 less is being reticent.

ISTps can be utterly social, as much as EXFxs can be terribly unemotional, but it doesn't last forever.
    And we can change ourselves behavior but others' minds. We can never force someone to accept us. Somewhat manipulative or a chameleon-like attitude is just a short term strategy. There will be millions chances for disillusionment.

Now, all I have to say is...sociableness sucks!