Thread: Type Indecision INTJ-ENTP

Creepy-

Default Type Indecision INTJ-ENTP

I realise that this particular form of type confusion has been expounded upon by many different people at different times, but even after reading the posts of others with the same INTJ-ENTP problem, I am no closer to determining which of these two types I am due to the fact that I believe that I often display traits of both. After having battled it out on my own for a manner of almost 1 year on and off, I'm wondering whether anyone can help me determine my type. I have listed some of my traits below.

1. I like to have things ordered. My room is mostly neat, but sometimes junk can accumulate shortly before it is cleared again. I tend to be fairly sporadic, but frequent in cleaning my room ie. I don't clean it up consistently, but when I do, I do a good job.

2. I love philosophy, psychology, politics, economics, science, languages, basically most studies that help to explain the world. I tend to be a bredth rather than depth learner, although I am capable of focusing deeply on things that I have a particular interest in at that point of time.

3. I have temporary obsessions (topics of interest) that I will research in depth, but usually this obsession will become less interesting to me when I move on to something new.

4. I have liked school from a young age. When I was younger, I used to prefer going to school as opposed to staying at home. I have always loved learning.

5. I work on things fairly slowly, as I am a perfectionist, and have been since I was younger. However, I'm also slow with other things, like getting ready, much to the chagrin of my mother and brother, both of whom tend to do things fairly quickly.

6. I have a really terrible memory, particularly in day-to-day matters. I will frequently forget birthdays of friends and more distant relatives. However, I never forget the birthdays of my immediate family. I also have a huge tendency to lose items, if not leave them around.

7. I do some sport, although not nearly as much as I used to do when I was younger. I used to be very much into team sports, such as netball, and have always done athletics, even now. However, I find that sport doesn't have as much attraction for me now, even though I still enjoy it.

8. I have periods of extreme slackness where I can't motivat myself to do work. I used to have a procrastination problem, but I've managed to get rid of it, which was a relief. I used to be fairly lazy, although for some reason others always thought that I was hard working. I'd never study for tests, but somehow managed to get fairly good marks on them (they were fairly easy at that stage though). Now I have had to become a lot more hard-working as things become more difficult.

9. I've always been involved in a lot of extra-curricular activities in school, although I've had to cut down recently, due to looming university entrance exams. I particularly enjoy music, and I sing, play piano, and used to play the clarinet.

10. I make schedules, but never follow them, and have always seen them as more guidelines than rules.

11. I hate using the phone, but I enjoy talking face to face.

12. I am fairly talkative and like talking to people, particularly about philosophy, politics or current affairs, but I also enjoy my time alone. When talking to people, I refrain from revealing feelings. I have been told that I can be overly formal at times.

13. I am not a 'touchy-feely' person, something which has put me at odds with the overly feeling, predominantly female world with which I am surrounded. When people are upset, I will try to comfort them, but can never give anything other than T based solutions. I have never found small babies, toddlers etc to be cute, but at the same time, I love animals, particularly dogs.

14. I am incredibly random at times. Sometimes I say things that are totally unconnected, and I often use obscure analogies to illustrate the concepts which I'm talking about, something others find incredibly amusing.

I'm sorry about the length of this post, but any help would be greatly appreciated

TIM
    ESTj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, that was me above. The site logged me out before I finished writing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I have the same exact problem ... I have both INTj and ENTp characteristics, but I also have a tendency to act like an ENFj ...

Does the ENFj profile describe you physically at all, does the INFp profile describe you at all?

If the INTj, ENTp, and ENFj profiles describe you well, but if INFp does not then I could assume we are probably the same type.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Type Indecision INTJ-ENTP

1. I like to have things ordered. My room is mostly neat, but sometimes junk can accumulate shortly before it is cleared again. I tend to be fairly sporadic, but frequent in cleaning my room ie. I don't clean it up consistently, but when I do, I do a good job.
    Weak -- NF tendency

2. I love philosophy, psychology, politics, economics, science, languages, basically most studies that help to explain the world. I tend to be a bredth rather than depth learner, although I am capable of focusing deeply on things that I have a particular interest in at that point of time.

3. I have temporary obsessions (topics of interest) that I will research in depth, but usually this obsession will become less interesting to me when I move on to something new.

or

4. I have liked school from a young age. When I was younger, I used to prefer going to school as opposed to staying at home. I have always loved learning.

Me too

5. I work on things fairly slowly, as I am a perfectionist, and have been since I was younger. However, I'm also slow with other things, like getting ready, much to the chagrin of my mother and brother, both of whom tend to do things fairly quickly.

or
    I am exactly slow like this ... it sounds like you are describing me.

6. I have a really terrible memory, particularly in day-to-day matters. I will frequently forget birthdays of friends and more distant relatives. However, I never forget the birthdays of my immediate family. I also have a huge tendency to lose items, if not leave them around.
    Weak

7. I do some sport, although not nearly as much as I used to do when I was younger. I used to be very much into team sports, such as netball, and have always done athletics, even now. However, I find that sport doesn't have as much attraction for me now, even though I still enjoy it.

I am the same way with soccer

8. I have periods of extreme slackness where I can't motivat myself to do work. I used to have a procrastination problem, but I've managed to get rid of it, which was a relief. I used to be fairly lazy, although for some reason others always thought that I was hard working. I'd never study for tests, but somehow managed to get fairly good marks on them (they were fairly easy at that stage though). Now I have had to become a lot more hard-working as things become more difficult.

weak

9. I've always been involved in a lot of extra-curricular activities in school, although I've had to cut down recently, due to looming university entrance exams. I particularly enjoy music, and I sing, play piano, and used to play the clarinet.

Me too

10. I make schedules, but never follow them, and have always seen them as more guidelines than rules.

I believe the same way

11. I hate using the phone, but I enjoy talking face to face.
    I do the same exact thing ...

12. I am fairly talkative and like talking to people, particularly about philosophy, politics or current affairs, but I also enjoy my time alone. When talking to people, I refrain from revealing feelings. I have been told that I can be overly formal at times.

Weak

13. I am not a 'touchy-feely' person, something which has put me at odds with the overly feeling, predominantly female world with which I am surrounded. When people are upset, I will try to comfort them, but can never give anything other than T based solutions. I have never found small babies, toddlers etc to be cute, but at the same time, I love animals, particularly dogs.

14. I am incredibly random at times. Sometimes I say things that are totally unconnected, and I often use obscure analogies to illustrate the concepts which I'm talking about, something others find incredibly amusing.

I do the same exact thing ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, I think you do have alot of ENFj tendencies ...

If you have time, could you take the functional analysis on this webpage and share it with us?

http://socionics.wsphere.com/socionicstypetest.html

Creepy-

Which fits you the best?

Here are pieces of an article posted by CuriousSoul. I find this information to be very interesting. It may or may not help you determine your type.
    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    The following article from www.ru.laser.ru was written by Victor Gulenko and explains the influence of sociotype on behaviour in love and relationships. It needs to be read quite carefully because the quality of the translation is rather poor but I think it should prove both entertaining and rather acute in its observations. It would certainly seem to explain a lot of seemingly strange behaviour... To some extent it can, in my experience, be even used as a help in typing people.

1. Ekstravertnye ethics, or ÑÒÐÀÑÒHÛÅ (PASSIONATE). Their position in dialogue - active search of feelings. They bear emotions to surrounding people. For their vital script typically that they on the average before all marry or marry. They are more often, than representatives of others sotsiotipov, get divorced. Dialogue they understand as an exchange of emotions, as original "navigation" in a rough stream of a life. A designation of this group ER: at the block of the Ego of this four of types is present or ethics of emotions E as the first function, or ethics of attitudes R as the second function. (ESFP, ESFJ, ENFP, ENFJ)

OR

3. Ekstravertnye logic, or BUSINESS (BUSINESS-INCLINED) - a man's stereotype of skill to communicate. It can be named active expectation of feelings. Business sotsiotipy expect to meet the elect or izbrannitsu among a chain has put. To a standard image of the present of the man attribute an active vital position, but only not in the field of feelings. In the romantic literature the hero gets acquainted with the future beloved, helping her out of trouble. These sotsiotipy understand dialogue as business cooperation. This group is designated PL: in their block of the Ego business logic R represents itself as the first function, or structural logic L - as the second function. (ESTP, ESTJ, ENTP, ENTJ)

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    2.3. "Viktimnyj" the man. Idealizes vlasnuju the woman. It is arranged under its tastes, respects in it strong-willed qualities. In behaviour that emphasizes the dependence and poslushnost it is pulled out from under the control. In attitudes with the woman subconsciously expects orders, dirty tricks, reproaches. Hå receiving similar reactions, involuntarily provokes their display. ( includes ENFJ)

attracted to:The "Aggressive" woman. Searches for object for the imperous and active erotic actions. Most of all she accepts the man which behaves with it obediently, but is whimsical. Then she has an occasion to aggression. Viktimnyj the man idolizes such woman and at the same time is rather afraid of her. Its behaviour can be compared to behaviour of the page which entirely devotes itself to service to " fine lady ". Constant game - the best medicine for satiation.

OR

2.4. "Infantile" the man, or the man-son. Håñàìîñòîÿòåëüíûé, naive in everyday affairs, expects from the woman of business and emotional support. Håâîëüíî emphasizes the obojdennost the attention, the ruined abilities, impracticality to vital struggle. Respects in women experience and responsiveness to its problems. (includes ENTP)

attracted to:
    The "Careful" woman. Does not accept from the man strong, but rough lask. The power erotic game deprived to a prelude oppresses its sexuality, therefore men-supermen disappoint her. The behaviour compatible with it of the man should be infantile, i.e. timid, vyzhidajushche-attracting. Such woman loves caress which are expressed in gentle, childly weak touches to erogenous zones

TIM
    ESTj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did the test. I got some pretty interesting/weird results:

Strong functions were

Weak functions were

It said that my two strongest functions were and , a contradiction of sorts.

It also said that by attribute, I am an ENTP, but that at the top of my pyramid of types I am an ENTJ-ESTJ-INTP-ISTP

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Forest-Dragon
    I did the test. I got some pretty interesting/weird results:

Strong functions were

Weak functions were

It said that my two strongest functions were and , a contradiction of sorts.

It also said that by attribute, I am an ENTP, also that my type by function was ENTP-INTJ, followed by ESFJ-ISFP. What can you make of this?
    You should post the link, the results are saved ...

Nevermind, I was able to retrieve them for you ...

http://socionics.wsphere.com/cgi-bin...850137268.html

TIM
    ESTj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about the stuff I said about ENTP-INTJ and ESFJ-ISFP. I realised that I have actually read my analysis wrongly

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Forest-Dragon
    Sorry about the stuff I said about ENTP-INTJ and ESFJ-ISFP. I realised that I have actually read my analysis wrongly
    By attribute you have ENTp ...

But ...

Functionally the test is at a draw between ENTj/INTp and ESTj/ISTp ...

TIM
    ESTj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think in this particular case, I'll just do what I always do when results don't match my expectations...blame social conditioning for corrupting my type, and then ignore the results

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You didn't say much to determine between I/E. How are you in social interaction, and how often do you interact socially? Are you comfortable when doing so? Do you need recharge time? Are you energized by people?

also... does the INTP profile describe you at all... you could lean towards that too I think. I dunno... something to check.