Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i was wondering whicht type i am?

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default i was wondering whicht type i am?

Hello everyone, im new in this community.

i was wondering which type i am, because when im feeling low i start to ask myself -'who i am?'. 2 years has passed feeling like that, wonder everthing on me, on people, on details, on emotion and finally i can't express my feelings, getting extremely introverted, desire (at last, wishing) only myself and thinking on myself trying to find my way to feel ok (loneliness). But i know somethings about 16types and their characteristics but i found that all types sounds like me depending on situation i feel. So, starting like with that i try to found some type should be really changeable, really spontaneous but i dont find it.
    I will really appreciate your words because i dont know where to start feeling ok with myself.

ps. im going to psychologist but im interested on this site.
    ps2. sorry for my english.
    ps3. no, im not a bot. =)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fi dominant?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont know, 'cause im not usually timid. I have a strong personality (well, i think so). when i was a teenage i was more dreamer, but actually im not at all.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp? Just a guess from what you've said so far
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it does!!!

Who are your friends? Would you type your best friend as ENFp?

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, i dont know if its right or not. But seeing some types Fi dominant, the description sounds like they are timid =S

My best friend is INFj (i guess), a girl who likes bunnies...
    My girlfriend is ENFj.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FOR FUCK'S SAKE! Fi does not mean timid! Tell that to people with Fi paired with Se.

*sigh*

ARGH

The stereotypes! It's about motivation! Not about surface stuff like that.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Yes it does!!!
    Since when have Se types been "timid"?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    FOR FUCK'S SAKE! Fi does not mean timid! Tell that to people with Fi paired with Se.

*sigh*

ARGH

The stereotypes! It's about motivation! Not about surface stuff like that.
    take a deeeeeep breath.....
    now let it out slowly.....
    there you go...

*hands SlackerMom her boxing gloves*
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHA
    ok, then i guess you're right. You know how this types works more than me jeje.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: i was wondering whicht type i am?

Quote Originally Posted by normal

i was wondering which type i am, because when im feeling low i start to ask myself -'who i am?'. 2 years has passed feeling like that, wonder everthing on me, on people, on details, on emotion and finally i can't express my feelings, getting extremely introverted, desire (at last, wishing) only myself and thinking on myself trying to find my way to feel ok (loneliness). But i know somethings about 16types and their characteristics but i found that all types sounds like me depending on situation i feel. So, starting like with that i try to found some type should be really changeable, really spontaneous but i dont find it.
    I will really appreciate your words because i dont know where to start feeling ok with myself.
    Not one word here is type related. Normal, you're describing depression and/or other mental health issues. I'm glad to hear you're seeing a psychologist.

I can very much relate to the feeling of not knowing myself and thinking that I was some really "changeable" type because I'd changed so much so many times. This has nothing to do with type though. Making bad decisions when you're depressed and then altering them later, getting into unhealthy relationships when you're depressed and allowing those relationships to have an affect on who you are (or at least how you behave), acting in an out of control manner during times of exasperation... none of that has anything to do with your type.

If you want to type yourself, you have to look at how you felt and behaved when you were at your happiest and healthiest. The answers lie there.
    SEE

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, something more.
    I like computer games and video games. My first nintendo was when i was 5 years. I still playing game, PS2 and some computers games. I usually don't like talk about emotion, and people too emotional stress me up (like my best friend -_-). responsability and order doesn't suit me. (but i would like more order in my life, but thats not really important now). Im not a intellectual person too, but i like knowlegde. I like sport but i dont play any, 'cause i thinks my taste for sport it's in decrease.

mmhh... that what i think about myself.
    -_-

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps you're ESFp? Have you read the ESFp type description?
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Yes it does!!!
    ARRRGH. NO it DOES NOT!!
    YES IT DOES!!! You're just being ignorant .

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy

Not one word here is type related. Normal, you're describing depression and/or other mental health issues. I'm glad to hear you're seeing a psychologist.

I can very much relate to the feeling of not knowing myself and thinking that I was some really "changeable" type because I'd changed so much so many times. This has nothing to do with type though. Making bad decisions when you're depressed and then altering them later, getting into unhealthy relationships when you're depressed and allowing those relationships to have an affect on who you are (or at least how you behave), acting in an out of control manner during times of exasperation... none of that has anything to do with your type.

If you want to type yourself, you have to look at how you felt and behaved when you were at your happiest and healthiest. The answers lie there.
    damn, you're right, but i dont have depression (well, right now), im just so moody. Between a mouth or something im feeling really good, and when a feel good i found this more interesting.
    Im not coming here because i have a personality disorder or something, i came 'cause i found really fun this place and explain what happend to me when im feeling low.
    ^^
    thanks for your words.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Yes it does!!!
    ARRRGH. NO it DOES NOT!!
    YES IT DOES!!! You're just being ignorant .
    I seriously hope you're just fucking with her/us...
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn, you're right, but i dont have depression (well, right now), im just so moody. Between a mouth or something im feeling really good, and when a feel good i found this more interesting.
    Im not coming here because i have a personality disorder or something, i came 'cause and explain what happend to me when im feeling low.
    ^^
    thanks for your words.
    Well, I'm not a psychologist so I won't try to make it sound like I'm a professional or that I can diagnose those types of issues or anything like that. Just keep in mind that your lows may not be type related, and that you should type yourself based on how you are when you are healthy and aren't dealing with extreme stress or major changes in your life. (:
    SEE

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, about people, i dislike kind of people who are presumid and the one who know everythings but, im open-mind and i finally accept those people.
    And yeah, im always joking, and i know how to make people feel good.
    I dont have problems to be alone, i like to have time to myself, talk alone and what people do when they are alone. dont dance, im agnostic, not convencional, like music and of course, good music.
    yep, esfp sounds like me...

EDIT:::

But i like informatics. In fact, im studying tech. informatics, i want to be programmer.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My money's on ESFp (for now).

The tone to normal's posts remind me of ESFps I've known, but English is not normal's first language (plus I can't hear the tone, inflections, etc.) so I could be misunderstanding.
    SEE

Creepy-male

ps. im going to psychologist but im interested on this site.
    ps2. sorry for my english.
    ps3. no, im not a bot. =)
    Don't worry first of all, everyone feels like that a little time to time, its completely natural and your just in a bad spot in you life. The good news is, you have only room for improvment on this, you've already tasted the bad, and you ready to taste the good.

Umm also while it may be unpopular on this forum, I'd suggest considering that one type won't fit you perfectly, each of these are like suits in a store, and each one wasn't tailored to fit you, it was tailored to fit the masses. So keep in mind when getting typed that its only an imperfect fit, and that truely you are unique.

With that unpopular realization, comes the fact that you may not be able to find the type you are looking for on this forum, you may have to discover your own identity by self-exploration, these types can only aid you in that.

But for the record.... lets get started typing you -- first can I ask you what particular fears you have in life or what things upset or disturb you.... (I am going to start with trying to find your PoLR -- this is explained on the website, PoLR means Place of Least Resistance and your likely to develop a fear of things based loosely around this trait)

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fears, mhh... well, let's see ^^
    forget details, get too emotional (i dont like express my anger o sadness), get envolved on many responsabilities and being so pasive in life. I thinks that getting too active in life make me feel good. I need start doings things and when im doing nothings i feel useless and i get bored.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it does!!!
    Since when have Se types been "timid"?
    A shit load of ISTjs and ISFjs are timid. Not that particularly type related.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, something more.
    I like computer games and video games. My first nintendo was when i was 5 years. I still playing game, PS2 and some computers games. I usually don't like talk about emotion, and people too emotional stress me up (like my best friend -_-). responsability and order doesn't suit me. (but i would like more order in my life, but thats not really important now). Im not a intellectual person too, but i like knowlegde. I like sport but i dont play any, 'cause i thinks my taste for sport it's in decrease.

mmhh... that what i think about myself.
    -_-
    Now, you're starting to sound like aurora_faerie to me. Which is IXFp

Creepy-male

fears, mhh... well, let's see ^^
    forget details, get too emotional (i dont like express my anger o sadness), get envolved on many responsabilities and being so pasive in life. I thinks that getting too active in life make me feel good. I need start doings things and when im doing nothings i feel useless and i get bored.
    Hmm well lets see forgeting details seems to be a trait of Intuitive people.... and fearing intense emotional reactions seems to be a trait of Thinkers (its not they are dispassionate - they simply like to feel cool and collected). The description of starting more than you finish seems to be Extraverted Intuitive like in the Jungian description.

Purely from these leads you sound like an ENTp -- however you say your introverted...... this doesn't match up exactly so there's a bit of a problem going on here.

For the time being, I am going to turn to a variety of models to help explain you behavior.

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/
    Check out enneagram types -- Alot of flags came up when you described behavior of various types, tell me which ones you can relate to

Also let me ask you, when you are introverted are you more of a feeler or a thinker. Thinkers would tend to analyze things out and ponder ideas, while feelers would tend to daydream or simply experience their internal feelings.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any type can fear any of those things

I wouldn't even say that intuitives are more likely to be afraid of forgetting details than ExFps.
    SEE

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first time when i read the enneagram types, i feel like 6 and 3. 7 too but when i was more younger.

I dont know if a im perfeccionist or idealist for forgetting details or being too realist, focus my details on present and past, wonder if i lost something that can't make me see the big picture or in future(when im more alone).
    When im seeing future, im daydreaming. I expend the most of day alone BTW. I dont care being alone or dont talk anyone. But i like my people and i dont wanna make them feel bad. I like parties too. Talk to different people (people interesting).

Ok, now, if im alone i daydreaming almost all the time (like i said). Im not very practical when im alone: i dont study, dont make my works, etc.
    But when im with people, i tend to be another person, a different person and rarely im daydreaming with them, im more focus on the present.

im more of a feeler than thinker when im alone.
    well, i think so.
    ^^
    ps. sorry about my english -_-

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of those things could be due to depression as well. Do you feel healthier when you spend more time around people? I recall that you said before that you feel healthier when you're active.
    SEE

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of those things could be due to depression as well. Do you feel healthier when you spend more time around people? I recall that you said before that you feel healthier when you're active.
    Yes, i do.

Creepy-male

any type can fear any of those things

I wouldn't even say that intuitives are more likely to be afraid of forgetting details than ExFps.
    True any type can fear these things, but every type deals with these fears different.

INTj's and INFj's deal with fear like a person with an PoLR.

PoLR usually implies fearful insecurity.

Creepy-male

The first time when i read the enneagram types, i feel like 6 and 3. 7 too but when i was more younger.

I dont know if a im perfeccionist or idealist for forgetting details or being too realist, focus my details on present and past, wonder if i lost something that can't make me see the big picture or in future(when im more alone).
    When im seeing future, im daydreaming. I expend the most of day alone BTW. I dont care being alone or dont talk anyone. But i like my people and i dont wanna make them feel bad. I like parties too. Talk to different people (people interesting).

Ok, now, if im alone i daydreaming almost all the time (like i said). Im not very practical when im alone: i dont study, dont make my works, etc.
    But when im with people, i tend to be another person, a different person and rarely im daydreaming with them, im more focus on the present.

im more of a feeler than thinker when im alone.
    well, i think so.
    ^^
    ps. sorry about my english -_-
    Wow you sound like an INFp when your alone if I am getting this correctly. Do you agree with this ? Um so your extraverted self is focused on the present.

Alright so now to narrow things down..... when your extraverted do you tend to act on impulse alot, chasing the first oppurtunity when it presents itself. Or do you value security and routine (seeking to contain the oppurtunity), dutifully fulfilling out things in a dependable fashion rather than chasing an oppurtunity?

Hey btw, if you don't speak english, may I ask what your native language is?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still sticking with ESFp for now.

(S)he feels healthier when active and around other people, "wonder if i lost something that can't make me see the big picture or in future" could describe a Beta/Gamma sensor, and "But when im with people... im more focus on the present" sounds like a sensor, too imo. "i dislike kind of people who are presumid and the one who know everythings" could be a Ti PoLR. "I usually don't like talk about emotion, and people too emotional stress me up (like my best friend -_-)" indicates a possible Fi>Fe preference. "responsability and order doesn't suit me" sounds like a Ti PoLR, "but i would like more order in my life, but thats not really important now" sounds VERY ESFp imo lol. "Im not a intellectual person too, but i like knowlegde" Ti PoLR, and one could perhaps even go as far to say Te Hidden Agenda.

HaveLucidDreamz, you're barking up the wrong tree by looking at the way (s)he behaves when (s)he's depressed. And PEOPLE are not introverted and extroverted, FUNCTIONS are. I won't argue about that here but if you'd like, make a thread and when I get back from the Women's Counsil of Realtor's christmas party () I'll explain it.
    SEE

Creepy-male

I'm still sticking with ESFp for now.

(S)he feels healthier when active and around other people, "wonder if i lost something that can't make me see the big picture or in future" could describe a Beta/Gamma sensor, and "But when im with people... im more focus on the present" sounds like a sensor, too imo. "i dislike kind of people who are presumid and the one who know everythings" could be a Ti PoLR. "I usually don't like talk about emotion, and people too emotional stress me up (like my best friend -_-)" indicates a possible Fi>Fe preference. "responsability and order doesn't suit me" sounds like a Ti PoLR, "but i would like more order in my life, but thats not really important now" sounds VERY ESFp imo lol. "Im not a intellectual person too, but i like knowlegde" Ti PoLR, and one could perhaps even go as far to say Te Hidden Agenda.

HaveLucidDreamz, you're barking up the wrong tree by looking at the way (s)he behaves when (s)he's depressed. And PEOPLE are not introverted and extroverted, FUNCTIONS are. I won't argue about that here but if you'd like, make a thread and when I get back from the Women's Counsil of Realtor's christmas party () I'll explain it.
    lol I am pretty sure I know what tree I am barking up, for now I am just collecting information, I haven't made a judgment yet. Note I said ENTp isn't a good enough fit, so I wanted to break this down further, understand the role of each trait (s)he uses, even if that means going outside of model A. Once I can fully perceive the role of the 8 traits, I can get some ideas to the general thought patterns exhibited by analogy to socionics and thus aid me in understanding what this person is going through possibily.

Now Introversion and Extroversion does not mean quiet/shy person and outgoing/loud person. It means Intro (turned within) version (as in version of people) AND Extro (turned outward) version (as in version of people). The concept of introversion and extroversion is more an idea of internal focus vs external focus.

When talking about people, we use introversion conventionally to explain their focus on them selfs, being self-aware. Alternatively, we use extroversion conventionally to explain their focus on others, being aware of other people. This leads to the shy/quiet person idea and outgoing/loud person idea. But this only works when you seek to explain the focus of people on people, and not in the mechanics of Model A.

Introversion and Extroversion is a concept, and can be applied in man different ways.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow you sound like an INFp when your alone if I am getting this correctly. Do you agree with this ? Um so your extraverted self is focused on the present.

Alright so now to narrow things down..... when your extraverted do you tend to act on impulse alot, chasing the first oppurtunity when it presents itself. Or do you value security and routine (seeking to contain the oppurtunity), dutifully fulfilling out things in a dependable fashion rather than chasing an oppurtunity?

Hey btw, if you don't speak english, may I ask what your native language is?
    I was reading INFp and its sounds like when im a kid, but always playing soccer, swimming, basketball. My father puts me on many duties like sport and studies. Perhaps, i prefer being so impulsive guided by my worlds of mega man and dragon ball. But, still again my father put me on many responsabilities. I live only with my father and little bro (im the oldest) since 9 years (yeah, im 21). Right now, i dont practice any sport and my fathers doesnt insist like before (duh, i grow up).

Now, if you ask me how im now, i think im still avoid duties and things like that. Phone call, disturbs me because i found very compromising.
    But in the other way, i tend to seek security, being stable, be more "rigid".
    So if i try find duties or responsabilities, i used to find only things that i assume ('cause i like) for my own interest.

yo hablo español, soy de Chile, el pais de los traidores.

(S)he
    HE

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so... joy thinks im ESFp. But, everyone else??

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ESFp makes sense.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-male

I think its hard to type you ESFp with the problems your having as an individual, typing you ESFp isn't going to help you notice your problems or apparent strengths you have (which is why I assume you are looking all this stuff up). However ESFp does make sense provided the backwards rationale that was provided for it, but it doesn't truely strike at the heart of your personality I think, and in such is a less than perfect assesment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast