Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Paul Feyerabend

  1. #1
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Paul Feyerabend

    A very clear ENTp, in my opinion. What do you think?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know. But if he is not a Subjectivist, I will consider putting the Reinin dichotomies in the wastepaper basket.

  3. #3
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    I don't know. But if he is not a Subjectivist, I will consider putting the Reinin dichotomies in the wastepaper basket.
    Lol, well, he's probably the most subjectivist, to the point of saying that he's actually not a subjectivist because the stances aren't even taken.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    I don't know. But if he is not a Subjectivist, I will consider putting the Reinin dichotomies in the wastepaper basket.
    Lol, well, he's probably the most subjectivist, to the point of saying that he's actually not a subjectivist because the stances aren't even taken.
    Yes, they are. It's just that Feyerabend doesn't realize (or more accurately doesn't care) that he is contradicting himself.

  5. #5
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    I don't know. But if he is not a Subjectivist, I will consider putting the Reinin dichotomies in the wastepaper basket.
    Lol, well, he's probably the most subjectivist, to the point of saying that he's actually not a subjectivist because the stances aren't even taken.
    Yes, they are. It's just that Feyerabend doesn't realize (or more accurately doesn't care) that he is contradicting himself.
    Well, he isn't contradicting himself because his stance is that contradiction is necessary. So if he uses this as his base axiom for his philosophy, there it goes.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Well, he isn't contradicting himself because his stance is that contradiction is necessary.
    Here you are contradicting yourself. And at the same time you agree with me that he is also contradicting himself.

    Quote Originally Posted by FGD
    So if he uses this as his base axiom for his philosophy, there it goes.
    Yes, there it goes ... Quod erat demonstrandum: Feyerabend is contradticting himself.

  7. #7
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Well, he isn't contradicting himself because his stance is that contradiction is necessary.
    Here you are contradicting yourself. And at the same time you agree with me that he is also contradicting himself.

    Quote Originally Posted by FGD
    So if he uses this as his base axiom for his philosophy, there it goes.
    Yes, there it goes ... Quod erat demonstrandum: Feyerabend is contradticting himself.
    You really don't understand what I mean, right?

    Axiom 1: Contradiction is necessary

    Me says something contradictory. Is this a violation of the axiom? CLEARLY not. The layer of abstraction of the axiom is superior to the first level of contradiction, and therefore you do not contradict the axiom by contradicting yourslef.

    I do agree that he contradicts himself FROM YOUR POW, but INTO HIS SYSTEM he DOES NOT. Got it?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    You really don't understand what I mean, right?
    Yes, I think that I know what you mean.

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Axiom 1: Contradiction is necessary
    Every contradiction is necessary false -- from every possible point of view.

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I do agree that he contradicts himself FROM YOUR POW, but INTO HIS SYSTEM he DOES NOT. Got it?
    I understand your point, but Feyerabend hasn't got a system, because you can't build a system from a contradiction. The only "thing" you can build from that is a bunch of bullshit, and that is exactly what Feyerabend has done. He is nothing but a charlatan, whose views are necessarily false.

  9. #9
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh, but I definitely agree on this, and I never said he wasn't one
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •