View Poll Results: How did you first find out about Socionics?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • from a friend

2 18.18%
  • from significant other

0 0%
  • from a family member

0 0%
  • from a colleague/at work

0 0%
  • an internet search

2 18.18%
  • Wikipedia

0 0%
  • another typology website

5 45.45%
  • from a psychology site

1 9.09%
  • from another website (non psych or typology)

0 0%
  • facebook or another social networking site

0 0%
  • youtube/other videos

1 9.09%
  • at a class, lecture, or workshop

0 0%
  • book, newspaper, magazine

0 0%
  • other

0 0%

Thread: How did you first hear of socionics?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How did you first hear of socionics?

It'd be interesting to know the paths of socionics dissemination. (btw I prefer the lowercase spelling of socionics. I almost expect to see a trademark after the word, followed by "from the people who brought you Dianetics.")

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was doing research on Maslow and needed some personality type comparisons. I ran into a discussion about INTjs on this forum, and I got heavily involved in socionics after that. Especially since I found it more flexible and more consistent than MBTI.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How I ran into Socionics:

oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?t=691
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My story is right below that of our Ice Cream containing friend. summertime!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was looking for ENTJ profiles and found a link from a webpage to socionics.com... I thought the profile was great.
    ENTj - intuitive subtype - 8w9, sp/sx

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All hail personality cafe

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

MBTI

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I remember correctly, I was looking up personality typing, on a whim, several years ago. I was linked to a description of duality I'm pretty certain had something to do with soulmates (I was young). The obsession study of socionics kind of evolved from that point on. .......And. It. Has. Not. StoPPED.

(help me, please....?)

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from a russian

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    If I remember correctly, I was looking up personality typing, on a whim, several years ago. I was linked to a description of duality if I remember correctly. The study of socionics kind of evolved from that point on. .......And. It. Has. Not. Stopped.

(help me, please....?)
    We are living parallel lives apparently In my case it wasn't so much on a whim, though, as trying to understand an intense interpersonal interaction I had experienced.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I think I was searching goggle for some esoteric term and a link to the site popped up so I joined. Never heard of socionics before that but I had a "feeling" there would be something for me here and there has been. I knew my MBTI type from years back. I probably posted the details of my joining somewhere on the forum. I just have to read again to refresh my memory of the chain of events that led me here...it started with two deaths and possibly a need to make sense of things.

^ An experience I was having before I joined...I have grown quite a bit since joining...some of you might remember.
    Last edited by Aylen; 11-12-2014 at 08:03 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i thought "socionics" was another name for "mbti" for the longest time. and then i came across socionics.com and saw the VI stuff where you were supposed to guess the type based on the face and i thought it was really weird and stupid. i only became interested when i found this forum bcuz the people on it seemed fun.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^ nice go figure, straight from the source.

Socionics has both helped and hindered my relationships as well as growth. Hard to explain.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A man I knew who had some wierd hate/love relationship with me (he was my pastor) one day called my friend and I 'typical sanguines' and since I had no idea what he meant by that referal I looked it up on the internet as soon as I arrived home and thought he was so not correct in that assumption and somehow found myself reading about MBTI which eventually led to the discovery of Socionics.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tickle.com + DISC Personality (in a High School class) -> Wikipedia -> Lots of personality quizzes on Wikipedia -> Socionics.

Ha that's right I didn't need MBTI.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I was in high school and a guy I somewhat had a crush on posted a MBTI quiz on my myspace wall and told me to post my result. I took the test and got INTp. He then linked me to a socionics website with the INTp profile. I was fascinated in the whole personality type theory, but something about INTp didn't quite fit for me. After further studying and doing research I quickly realized that I was INFp in both socionics and MBTI. I was linked to this forum from some random MBTI forum I was browsing, and I remember that I immediately took a liking to the atmosphere of this place because of Herzy and other cool Betas (the other personality type forums seemed stingy and stuffy).
    lol
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NewBornStar forced it down my throat, lol. He typed me as INFj from the beginning. He talked about it all the time and wanted me to take a test and see if I agree with the result. I got INTj, and thought it seemed "accurate enough" though I didn't really believe the the theory would be much more convincing than horoscopes etc. In any case, I found NBS:s childlike excitement funny, so I started to defent the INTj typing against the INFj one, and pointed out specific things in the INFj description that didn't resonate with me. For some reason he was very committed to "make me see the truth" so he started pointing out my Fi use in random situations and also how other friends of ours used other functions. He explained to how the interations with Aqua should go (me being his supervisor) and how I should in theory feel drawn towards his Si-LSE brother (I think he might acually be a Te-SLI but that's beyond the point). All of these things seemed to fit together too well so at some point I started to believe that there might be more to this thing than the typical theories that will tell you "how many % extroverted you are" etc.
    Last edited by willekeurig; 11-13-2014 at 03:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari