Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 93

Thread: Lost (TV Series)

  1. #1
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,931
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Lost (TV Series)



    small reminder of the cast...

    from left to right (with my guesses):
    Claire
    Ana Lucia - ENTj
    Sawyer - ISTp
    Hurley
    Michael
    Locke (same name as a philosopher for some reason - INTj?
    Sayid
    Jack - I though ENFj before, but ILEntp's suggestion of ESTj (and ENTj) makes me less certain
    Kate
    Sun - INFj
    Jin - stereotypically ISTj, but...
    Charlie
    ?
    Shannon
    Mr. Eko

    Plus Boone, Desmond (the sailor), the Others etc...(esp. Ben Linus)

    EDIT: just found out from wikipedia that Desmond's full name is Desmond David Hume - there's something going on there!
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    edit

  3. #3
    pezzonovante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    196
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I haven't seen this show since the third season started, but while I was watching the first two seasons I typed -

    Jack as ESTJ
    Locke as INTJ
    Jin as ISTJ
    Sawyer as ISTP
    Kate as ESFP

  4. #4
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,931
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    INFp for Locke is intriguing - the whole island speaking thing does seem more . He sorta seems 'in flux', as though the island makes the decisions for him - not sure that makes him Ixxp. His demeanour seems like IxTj because (with some huge notable occasions) he is never told what to do because he already 'knows' it - which is generalise probably a bit too much.

    Michael just seemed to fit all the Beta 'vibes' on my vibometer - he seems very vengeful, irrational etc. - I can't decide, but I suppose ISFj could work.

    I doubt Kate is ESFp, but I can't think of any concievable type myself. Her personality in real life (in Lost) is different to that on the island. On the island she seems to be similar to Sawyer in some respects, but she also helps people with emotional problems etc. (it doesn't fit with 'real life' too strongly).


    I though Hurley was Alpha SF ( he doesn't have the mood of a Gamma SF, I don't think).

    Sayid is quite difficult to type (I can only be sure he isn't Alpha ). He is almost certainly a rational type though.

    Mr. Eko is probably INFp.
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

  5. #5
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Lost (tv series)

    --

  6. #6
    aut0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    404
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sun being INFj sounds like BS considering she didn't have any trouble sleeping with another guy while being married to Jin. Not to mention how she was portrayed as a daddy's girl who liked to spend money.

  7. #7
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    The boring and overrated type.

  8. #8
    aut0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    404
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves
    The boring and overrated type.
    Nein

  9. #9
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    sawyer seems estp. he doesn't give a rat's ass about relationships.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  10. #10
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good point. I'm not sure what to make of the differences between him and Ana Lucia and Mr. Eko, though.

    Sun cheating on Jin seems to me an Se PoLR thing... rejecting the other guy would take will-power, which INFj's don't have.

    I can't think of any other type that would fit Sun.

  11. #11
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,931
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Couldn't Sawyer be a ISTp? He always reminds me of Huck Finn , though I think that's partly due to his name.
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

  12. #12
    aut0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    404
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    Couldn't Sawyer be a ISTp? He always reminds me of Huck Finn , though I think that's partly due to his name.
    Your powers of intuition amaze me !

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat
    Good point. I'm not sure what to make of the differences between him and Ana Lucia and Mr. Eko, though.

    Sun cheating on Jin seems to me an Se PoLR thing... rejecting the other guy would take will-power, which INFj's don't have.

    I can't think of any other type that would fit Sun.
    Wtf? Sun comes off as a sensing type to me.

  13. #13
    force my hand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,334
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bump.

    What about Libby from Season two? ENXp?

  14. #14
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Lost

    I'm sure there's been another thread about this somewhere, but it's been a while, so I'm starting a fresh topic about it.

    Eko: SLI. If not, then ESI or LSI (but SLI is most likely)
    Kate: Not sure, ESE or LSE?
    Hurley: SEI
    Jack: LSE
    Juliet: Not sure, LIE possibly? She appears to have strong Te and a Se PoLR. She's clearly rational.
    Claire: Has an Alpha feel about her, maybe Beta, probably ethical
    Sawyer: SLE, or at least a Beta (or Gamma) extrovert (he could be Ni and the actor's Se is just throwing me off, but I still very much see him as a Se valuing character)
    Boone: extrovert, has a Beta feel to him, but that could just be the actor
    Ana-Lucia: SLE
    Michael: I dunno
    Rose: ExFx, maybe IEE?
    Bernard: I dunno, probably ethical, seems EJ in how he's described as always wanting to do something
    Desmond: ILE, perhaps?
    Sayid: LSI most likely, possibly ESI
    Jin: LSI (I think LSE would be the only other type that makes sense for him)
    Sun: Beta NF
    Ben: probably EIE
    Walt: I dunno
    Locke: intuitive... there's something about his character that I really relate to, but I don't think he has strong Te
    Charlie: Alpha/Beta, probably
    Libby: tough call
    Shannon: useless bitch? I dunno, maybe IEI or EIE?
    Ruso: not sure, seems IxTx though?


    And as long as we're on the subject, I want to say that I have NO IDEA how anyone could find the character Jack even somewhat attractive. He's completely neurotic, irrational, unreasonable, and about as unlikeable a protagonist as I could imagine. He has no sense at all.

    But then again, most of the characters do stupid shit here and there. Sayid, Sawyer, and Hurley are the most consistently dependable, logical, reasonable, and rational characters on the show. Juliet is up there as well, but I don't think I'd have handled the situations she was in the way she did (like with her ex husband). She seems to lack the ability to properly stand up to people. Eko was a very kick ass character.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  15. #15
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh yeah, and when Sawyer took the guns, he was doing about the best thing for the group as anyone could have at that point. His methods were shady (because Sun got hurt), but a lot of people would have probably been injured or killed had he not done it. (Fucking "army" wtf. What a bunch of dumbasses.)
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  16. #16
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I generally agree with all of them but i'm not sure about ESTP for Sawyer. Why not ISTP? I couldn't picture Locke anything else other than INFP/J.

  17. #17
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Too much of a smart ass. Too receptive of Fe input.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  18. #18
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I mean, compare him to Eko (a good example of an SLI, imo)... even Ana-Lucia is more likely to be SLI than Sawyer is (I really do not think she is though). I see no hint of introversion or Si valuing in him at all.

    Is it just me, or is Hurley an almost perfect example of SEI?
    Last edited by Joy; 02-14-2008 at 02:07 AM.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sawyer is either ESTp or ENFj

  20. #20
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would tend to agree.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  21. #21
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Sawyer is either ESTp or ENFj
    Definitely ESTp. The poor guy has a really hard time with Fi and since Kate is a moron, he is doomed....

    And Hurley could certainly be ISFp! <3 Hurley!
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  22. #22
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I strongly favor SLE as well. He's got that thing that other SLE's I've known have had. Can't really explain it atm.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  23. #23
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And no kidding about Kate being a moron. She and Jack are very similar in that neither has any redeeming qualities. (Though she is sort of hot, physically.)
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  24. #24
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    And no kidding about Kate being a moron. She and Jack are very similar in that neither has any redeeming qualities. (Though she is sort of hot, physically.)
    Jack can be annoying, but he has been sort of endearing lately in that he is losing control and he knows it and expresses helplessness more often.

    Kate, on the other hand, really has no redeeming qualities. She is just annoying and should just take her hands off Sawyer so he can hook up with Hurley.

    I don't think Rose is ENFp, btw. She seems to me. And rational. I think Desmond is ethical and he also seems Delta. He could be ENFp. And I believe Rosseau is ISTp.

    Damn writers' strike...
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The strike is over as of like yesterday.

  26. #26
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    The strike is over as of like yesterday.
    Yes, but will that prolong this season?
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,687
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "The WGA strike is officially over. The 48 hour formal vote ended today with a 92.5% mandate. See industry source Daily Variety for full details.

    In immediate fallout, Lost executive producer Carlton Cuse met with his bosses at ABC about continuing Season 4, and reported the results of that meeting with TV Guide's Ausiello in an exclusive interview.

    The two main points from that interview:
    1) The aim is to produce FIVE more episodes of Season 4. This is three fewer than the eight scheduled before the strike occurred; the season's total will be 13 eps.
    2) The entire order of 48 episodes for Seasons 4-5-6 will still be delivered-- that leaves 35 episodes to be split between Seasons 5-6.

    In other words:
    Season 4 is to be re-written to end with the same storyline elements as previously written, but in only 5 episodes. The three "lost" Lost episodes will somehow fill in the story arc of the remaining last two seasons."

    from http://blog.lostpedia.com/2008/02/ca...-season-4.html

    www.lostpedia.com is awesome!

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,687
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    my memory of the first 3 seasons is hazy, but...

    Locke is probably my favourite character - maybe EIE?
    Kate: Fi valuing
    Hurley: SEI
    Jack: LSE
    Juliet: LIE makes sense
    Claire: I would have thought Alpha or Delta, in fact I thought IEE, but I can't say its well reasoned
    Sawyer: I sometimes drift towards SLI, but there are moments, especially in the second to most recent episode I've seen, where he demonstrates what is probably Fi-PoLR. also another favourite of mine
    Rose: Could be strong in Ni, but she also seems to be able to relax fairly easily (is this inconsistent?). Like Bernard seems to worry a lot and she is good at staying calm.
    Bernard: dunno but he's a good guy.
    Desmond: no idea, but he's also cool
    Sayid: IJ, but are there signs of Fe-valuing?
    Ben: EIE, agree
    Charlie: I think Alpha, if not Delta>Beta
    Ruso: ISTp maybe, but dunno if the temperament fits

  29. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Locke is pure insane.

  30. #30
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Locke's just bad at explaining himself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Jack can be annoying, but he has been sort of endearing lately in that he is losing control and he knows it and expresses helplessness more often.
    So being pathetic and completely neurotic makes up for his being controlling and foolish?

    I didn't really have a problem with Jack before Boone died. He was just a regular guy in a bad situation. And he was right about the caves (why did they leave the caves, anyways?). I think he gave up a bit too much of his blood then though, because he's been psycho ever since. If I was on that island it would take all I had to stay out of constant power struggles with him. But then again, maybe if there were more people with any leadership skills at all (or any sense) on the island he wouldn't have begun to see himself as the guy in charge.

    Kate, on the other hand, really has no redeeming qualities. She is just annoying and should just take her hands off Sawyer so he can hook up with Hurley.
    I don't think that's going to happen. He does respond very favorably to Hurley though. Like when he was about to shoot Ben and Hurley was shaking his head and then he felt comfortable in his decision not to.
    I don't think Rose is ENFp, btw. She seems to me. And rational.
    I don't see rationality in her. She's too laid back. The conversations she had with Bernard about how he always has to DO something suggest that she is not EJ.

    I think Desmond is ethical and he also seems Delta. He could be ENFp.
    Maybe. Would an IEE run away from relationships like that though?

    Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    my memory of the first 3 seasons is hazy, but...

    Locke is probably my favourite character - maybe EIE?
    Kate: Fi valuing
    Hurley: SEI
    Jack: LSE
    Juliet: LIE makes sense
    Claire: I would have thought Alpha or Delta, in fact I thought IEE, but I can't say its well reasoned
    Sawyer: I sometimes drift towards SLI, but there are moments, especially in the second to most recent episode I've seen, where he demonstrates what is probably Fi-PoLR. also another favourite of mine
    Rose: Could be strong in Ni, but she also seems to be able to relax fairly easily (is this inconsistent?). Like Bernard seems to worry a lot and she is good at staying calm.
    Bernard: dunno but he's a good guy.
    Desmond: no idea, but he's also cool
    Sayid: IJ, but are there signs of Fe-valuing?
    Ben: EIE, agree
    Charlie: I think Alpha, if not Delta>Beta
    Ruso: ISTp maybe, but dunno if the temperament fits
    Maybe Sayid is ESI? He does not have a Se PoLR though. Torturing people for the government doesn't sound like an ESI thing to do though?

    Do you think Kate and Jack could be identicals? And do you think Claire and Charlie could be identicals?

    And has anyone else noticed a disproportionately small number of Gammas on the island?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  31. #31
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was hooked on the first few seasons, but now it's almost getting ridiculous the way it's getting played out. I know it's fiction and it's just a tv show, but it was believable in the beginning and now it's almost comical. I still like it, It's just becoming increasingly corny with each episode. Kill all the bad guys, radio for help and be done with it, wtf.

  32. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    "The WGA strike is officially over. The 48 hour formal vote ended today with a 92.5% mandate. See industry source Daily Variety for full details.

    In immediate fallout, Lost executive producer Carlton Cuse met with his bosses at ABC about continuing Season 4, and reported the results of that meeting with TV Guide's Ausiello in an exclusive interview.

    The two main points from that interview:
    1) The aim is to produce FIVE more episodes of Season 4. This is three fewer than the eight scheduled before the strike occurred; the season's total will be 13 eps.
    2) The entire order of 48 episodes for Seasons 4-5-6 will still be delivered-- that leaves 35 episodes to be split between Seasons 5-6.

    In other words:
    Season 4 is to be re-written to end with the same storyline elements as previously written, but in only 5 episodes. The three "lost" Lost episodes will somehow fill in the story arc of the remaining last two seasons."

    from http://blog.lostpedia.com/2008/02/ca...-season-4.html

    www.lostpedia.com is awesome!
    Thank god. I need my moving picture plays.

  33. #33
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    [quote=Joy;306318]

    So being pathetic and completely neurotic makes up for his being controlling and foolish?
    I didn't say that it does. I can see where his behavior is coming from, so I don't judge him as harshly. I find him annoying, but I don't dislike him because I believe he means well and is totally over his head, which he now realizes. And people very readily accepted his leadership right from the start. Everyone always asked for Jack in sticky situations. I think our different perspectives reflect our types, actually. Kate, on the other hand, I just cannot stand.

    I don't think that's going to happen. He does respond very favorably to Hurley though. Like when he was about to shoot Ben and Hurley was shaking his head and then he felt comfortable in his decision not to.
    Yes, I really like how far they have come in terms of friendship. His attempt at comforting Hurley was so sweet, awwww!

    I don't see rationality in her. She's too laid back. The conversations she had with Bernard about how he always has to DO something suggest that she is not EJ.
    I don't know. I don't relate to her at all, so I doubt ENFp...

    Maybe. Would an IEE run away from relationships like that though?
    Yes, I can see that. It's not typical, but Ne in overdrive can do that to you and he feels absolutely terrible about it. ENFps are not necessarily the most loyal people. Not because they don't want to be, but because Ne can be a bitch.

    Maybe Sayid is ESI? He does not have a Se PoLR though. Torturing people for the government doesn't sound like an ESI thing to do though?
    Lol, certainly no Se PoLR. I don't know.

    Do you think Kate and Jack could be identicals? And do you think Claire and Charlie could be identicals?
    No, Kate and Jack are not identicals. They relate to other people very differently (especially Sawyer, lol). They are not even from the same quadra, I think. Charlie and Claire are more likely to be identicals. They are both introverts and ethical. And they both get along with Hurley very well. All ISFp? But it could also be because they are about the same age. Hurley is definitely ISFp. Charlie could be INFp. Claire also ISFp?

    And has anyone else noticed a disproportionately small number of Gammas on the island?
    I actually think Jin could be ISFj, Rousseau could be INTp, and there is a chance that Sayid is ESFp now that I think of it.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  34. #34
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post


    In other words:
    Season 4 is to be re-written to end with the same storyline elements as previously written, but in only 5 episodes. The three "lost" Lost episodes will somehow fill in the story arc of the remaining last two seasons."

    from http://blog.lostpedia.com/2008/02/ca...-season-4.html

    www.lostpedia.com is awesome!
    Awesome, thanks!
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  35. #35
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I didn't say that it does. I can see where his behavior is coming from, so I don't judge him as harshly. I find him annoying, but I don't dislike him because I believe he means well and is totally over his head, which he now realizes. And people very readily accepted his leadership right from the start. Everyone always asked for Jack in sticky situations. I think our different perspectives reflect our types, actually. Kate, on the other hand, I just cannot stand.
    Yeah.

    Yes, I really like how far they have come in terms of friendship. His attempt at comforting Hurley was so sweet, awwww!
    Yeah, I mentioned to Peter that Kate would be a horrible mom, and he agreed. I think she'd give up her kid, especially if she was smart. He said that Sawyer would probably end up being a good dad though.

    I don't know. I don't relate to her at all, so I doubt ENFp...
    I'm at a loss as to her type.

    Yes, I can see that. It's not typical, but Ne in overdrive can do that to you and he feels absolutely terrible about it. ENFps are not necessarily the most loyal people. Not because they don't want to be, but because Ne can be a bitch.
    All I know is that he's most certainly not Se, and he appears to be an irrational type.

    No, Kate and Jack are not identicals. They relate to other people very differently (especially Sawyer, lol). They are not even from the same quadra, I think. Charlie and Claire are more likely to be identicals. They are both introverts and ethical. And they both get along with Hurley very well. All ISFp? But it could also be because they are about the same age. Hurley is definitely ISFp. Charlie could be INFp. Claire also ISFp?
    I sort of wondered that. I don't know about SEI for Claire though. Maybe. Why not IEI?

    I actually think Jin could be ISFj


    I could never be with someone like him. Then again, maybe if he'd had some Ni guidance and was in an open and honest relationship he wouldn't be such an asshole. Maybe Sun taught him to treat her like that?

    I hate to say it, but I would think that most xSTj's would have followed her dad's orders in a situation like that if they were already in that deep?

    Rousseau could be INTp
    Could be.

    and there is a chance that Sayid is ESFp now that I think of it.
    EP > IJ???
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  36. #36
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I sort of wondered that. I don't know about SEI for Claire though. Maybe. Why not IEI?
    She strikes me as alpha...I don't think she is INFp, but I am not sure.

    I could never be with someone like him. Then again, maybe if he'd had some Ni guidance and was in an open and honest relationship he wouldn't be such an asshole. Maybe Sun taught him to treat her like that?
    I think he crumbled under the pressure of a) being from a poor background and "marrying up." He took the job from her father because he was blackmailed, but he hated it. The problem is that class is a much greater issue in his culture than it is in this one, so the pressure must have been tremendous. He only did it for her and just lost it at times. On the island, he was afraid of losing her, especially because he could not at all relate to the others. I am not trying to make excuses, but I think background and pressure can mess with any type and he was pushed over the edge. The Jin we see now is the real Jin and he is incredibly loyal, sweet, and caring.

    Yes, EP temperament seems strange for Sayid, but he is military and mostly show his "soldier persona." For some reason I don't think he is IJ, but I really cannot say for sure.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  37. #37

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,687
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Claire is the type of person who wants to talk things through and get the whole group's opinion on things before taking action - strikes me as more Alpha/Delta than Beta/Gamma

    ISFp is a good bet, since I since I seem to get ISFps and ENFps mixed up. I think Charlie is also ISFp

  38. #38
    force my hand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,334
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    And as long as we're on the subject, I want to say that I have NO IDEA how anyone could find the character Jack even somewhat attractive. He's completely neurotic, irrational, unreasonable, and about as unlikeable a protagonist as I could imagine. He has no sense at all.

    But then again, most of the characters do stupid shit here and there.
    That's right. Let's see:

    Hurley - Thinks he's cursed, had a 'friend' Dave.
    Libby - In the same mental institution as Hurley.
    Eko - Homocidal drug kingpin, who turned into a religious nutbar.
    Locke - Stalked his 'father', has 'faith' in the island.
    Sayid - Tortures people.
    Kate - Murdered her father.
    Ana Lucia - Mommy issues, vigilante killer.
    Sawyer - Sociopathic con-man who named himself after the man who fucked up his family.
    Charlie - Heroin addict, kept messing with Claire's baby.
    Juliet - Emotional mess, screwed up ethical sense (testing her research on her sister)

    ...most of the characters are neurotic, irrational, unreasonable (and many of them unlikable), and that's just a short list off the top of my head. No character comes to mind that isn't fucked up in some way, so why single out Jack?

  39. #39
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    That's right. Let's see:

    Hurley - Thinks he's cursed, had a 'friend' Dave.
    Libby - In the same mental institution as Hurley.
    Eko - Homocidal drug kingpin, who turned into a religious nutbar.
    Locke - Stalked his 'father', has 'faith' in the island.
    Sayid - Tortures people.
    Kate - Murdered her father.
    Ana Lucia - Mommy issues, vigilante killer.
    Sawyer - Sociopathic con-man who named himself after the man who fucked up his family.
    Charlie - Heroin addict, kept messing with Claire's baby.
    Juliet - Emotional mess, screwed up ethical sense (testing her research on her sister)

    ...most of the characters are neurotic, irrational, unreasonable (and many of them unlikable), and that's just a short list off the top of my head. No character comes to mind that isn't fucked up in some way, so why single out Jack?
    Haha excellent post. They are all pretty twisted lol. I actually really like Jack, always have. I even liked the actor in party of five lol. Hes clearly LSE to me. He even reminds me of my LSE doctor friend.

    I also like John Locke. I always suspected INFj for him. His quiet and lonley life, i got quite upset that episode where he was told he couldn't go on the walkabout. Hes gone a bit nuts but he did work in a box factory and get used by his father.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  40. #40
    force my hand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,334
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    Haha excellent post. They are all pretty twisted lol. I actually really like Jack, always have. I even liked the actor in party of five lol. Hes clearly LSE to me. He even reminds me of my LSE doctor friend.

    I also like John Locke. I always suspected INFj for him. His quiet and lonley life, i got quite upset that episode where he was told he couldn't go on the walkabout. Hes gone a bit nuts but he did work in a box factory and get used by his father.
    I like Jack and John, too. Jack is too intense/perfectionistic/impatient and, yes, that often leads to irrational, "go it alone" behaviour, but the character appears to harbour a decent ethical sense, and he is an alpha male.

    Locke's an enigma. I like him better than Jack, partly because he's a bit more in tune with the intuitive side of things. He inspires me whereas sometimes I want to smack Jack in the side of the head.

    Sawyer is probably my favourite character, though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •